Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,247 members, 7,842,705 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 12:15 PM

Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture - Webmasters (83) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture (568918 Views)

The Easiest Way To Clean Your Wordpress Database. / Learn The Domain Name Business - See What Sold, See What Just Dropped / 27 Hot And Profitable Online Business Ideas You Can Explore In 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) ... (398) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nobody: 7:13am On Oct 27, 2013
Whay do I often stumble on gems at Mid NIGHTS OR EARLY HOURS OF THE MORNING?

I AM A BAT!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by wisyno(m): 4:58pm On Oct 27, 2013
2s£xy:
Whay do I often stumble on gems at Mid NIGHTS OR EARLY HOURS OF THE MORNING?

I AM A BAT!!!!!

Because you hardly sleep. Domaining 247. Even when you manage to sleep, u see domains in your dream... hahahaha

1 Like

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nobody: 5:03pm On Oct 27, 2013
Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture grin grin grin grin
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nobody: 5:06pm On Oct 27, 2013
gringringringringringringringringrin

Shawnmayor: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture grin grin grin grin
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nobody: 7:30pm On Oct 27, 2013
Deleted.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by grandstar(m): 8:42pm On Oct 27, 2013
[quote author=2s£xy] I am free at last.

1 Like

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nobody: 8:44pm On Oct 27, 2013
Lol... You will be left with almost zero if you accept that considering sedo's commission. Anyways, bros. Just delete you quote biko.
grandstar:

shit money no dey smell o!!
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by telexfree1: 3:27am On Oct 29, 2013
Good people here
Please where can I buy domain names for good price ? I have a credit card
I came across a Nigerian site that charges as high as 1800 naira.
I feel there should be cheaper ones out there
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nobody: 4:43am On Oct 29, 2013
Grandstar, it would be unfair if you ignored my request to delete the quote.

I know you have seen this but just chose to ignore. sad

1 Like

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Chlbenze: 8:48am On Oct 29, 2013
Four letter .com to expired (drop/deleted) today are:
bzal
djkh
dvwj
ikxk
lzab
ulwj
skze
wguj
all .com the fastest finger to register should grap it.
Question: what time do .com domain expired (i mean nigeria time) is it 6pm
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nobody: 9:21am On Oct 29, 2013
Chlbenze: Four letter .com to expired (drop/deleted) today are:
bzal
djkh
dvwj
ikxk
lzab
ulwj
skze
wguj
re they not backordered?
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Chlbenze: 9:44am On Oct 29, 2013
gcfr.com:
re they not backordered?
i dnt knw oooooh, mayb u should ask snapnames grin
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nobody: 11:23am On Oct 29, 2013
Chlbenze: i dnt knw oooooh, mayb u should ask snapnames grin
lol anyways, got my eyes on lzab.com.. Let's see.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nobody: 11:52am On Oct 29, 2013
Grandstar, you are getting it wrong. I mean where quoted me, me me me. Not the one under the quote.

Sorry for the wahala.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Chlbenze: 1:03pm On Oct 29, 2013
telexfree1: Good people here
Please where can I buy domain names for good price ? I have a credit card
I came across a Nigerian site that charges as high as 1800 naira.
I feel there should be cheaper ones out there

visit godaddy.com register to buy domains with ur visa or mastercard, using coupon
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nobody: 3:40pm On Oct 29, 2013
Chlbenze: i dnt knw oooooh, mayb u should ask snapnames grin
might be deleted between 7pm-11pm today, that is if 2day is d 6th and final day..if not its till that day.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Chlbenze: 3:48pm On Oct 29, 2013
So it is not possible to beat backorder services?
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nobody: 4:21pm On Oct 29, 2013
Chlbenze: So it is not possible to beat backorder services?
if it has been backordered then it won't be deleted na, so ntn for us... Doe I won't advice u to backorder it, cos if u do, it will attract other people,with huge funds.. If at all u wantu backorder, u wait till d last 5mins..
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by dotcomnamename: 6:22pm On Oct 29, 2013
How long should one wait for to re-contact domain buyer after the buyer's first email which says ''I WANT IT'' as required by me the seller in my ads

Its 4 days now i replied the buyer but no reply O!
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by dotcomnamename: 6:47pm On Oct 29, 2013
[size=20pt]WARNING:[/size] [size=25pt]How to Avoid Domain Scams and Scammers[/size]

[size=13pt]Prevention:[/size]

Google the domain (also try adding words like stolen, scammed, help, missing, etc), asking other domainers about the domain in question, checking the various marketplaces and making sure things add up... The biggest single indicator of a potential scam is the price. A scammer will want to price the domain low enough that it sells before he gets caught. Keep a watchful eye on new members. Recently modified whois is another warning sign. If other indicators are present (ex. extremely low price), proceed with extreme caution.

Some known scams:

1. Appraisal Scam -- If they ask for an appraisal, it's probably a scam.

2. Snail mail scam letters -- Letters through the mail reminding you to renew your domains from companies which aren't your current registrar

3. Compromised web-based email accounts and keyloggers -- Using an email provided to you by your Internet Service Provider is generally safer than web-based email solutions. There have been known security flaws in certain webmail applications in the past (ex. Gmail) which made compromising member accounts considerably easier than guessing a password. Understand the risks involved with using a web-based solution. Download spyware software such as Adaware Lavasoft and scan your computer daily. Keyloggers are A) easy to put on someone's computer and potentially catastrophic to a web based business.

4. Unauthorizing funds (particularly bad with Paypal). Paypal makes it very easy to create chargebacks. Don't accept large amounts by Paypal unless you're dealing with people you absolutely trust. Moneybookers/Escow.com are a step above Paypal, however the best option would be to go with a true escrow service such as Sedo Escrow, Moniker Domain Escrow Service or EscrowDNS.

5. Emails saying your domain requires renew/transfer/you to take a certain action. Check the email and make sure that A) it's from your registrar and the url mentioned matches what your registrar's would be. Safer to just visit the registrar than click the links in the email.

6. Incorrect Whois emails -- if your whois isn't incorrect, beware. Phone your registrar if you think they made a mistake.

7. Traffic/Click Fraud -- Self explanatory. If it isn't direct navigation it shouldn't be sold as such. Due diligence is required here.

8. Hijacking -- If you use one of your own domain names as the nameserver, be sure to make sure it doesn't expire or someone could fraudulently gain control of your domains.

9. Escrow.com is NOT 100% safe. They do not cover stolen domains -- buyer beware. Don't think processing a "bargain" through Escrow.com won't potentially end in you being out money. In the event a domain is stolen from someone's account, the domain WILL be returned to the original owner and you'll be out whatever you paid for the domain.

10. One thing I should add: Most free webmail providers will delete accounts after certain periods of inactivity. A clever scammer could notice that your Hotmail/Yahoo/other webmail account had expired, register that same email address (which is now available) and then proceed to "Request Password" at various registrars using what was previously your email address. If you plan on using your webmail infrequently, it's recommend you verify what amount of inactivity is tolerable and won't result in email account deletion.

Join this group and market your domain there https://www./644141232286210/

1 Like

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by xsay(m): 9:12pm On Oct 29, 2013
Chlbenze: Four letter .com to expired (drop/deleted) today are:
bzal
djkh
dvwj
ikxk
lzab
ulwj
skze
wguj

lzab.com GONE
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nobody: 9:44pm On Oct 29, 2013
xsay:

lzab.com GONE
lol, pending delete nt gone

1 Like

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nobody: 7:27am On Oct 30, 2013

1 Like

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nobody: 7:29am On Oct 30, 2013
Who would be getting a .Africa domain?
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nobody: 7:59am On Oct 30, 2013
Weselion: Has anybody read this interview?

www.domainsherpa.com/ope-odusan-africa-interview/
twas a good read, atleast a Nigerian on a positive note.

1 Like

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nobody: 8:01am On Oct 30, 2013
Weselion: Who would be getting a .Africa domain?
from wat I read they re not selling (.)africa rather its (.)Africa.com
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by akeemag: 8:39am On Oct 30, 2013
ooic.net, gssk.net still available but are deleted domain
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Chlbenze: 8:52am On Oct 30, 2013
akeemag: ooic.net, gssk.net still available but are deleted domain
there are so many 4 llll .net domain available, dnt take that risk or waste fund in llll .net except u have done alot of research, dnt waste that money. Dnt waste dat money i repeat again dnt waste dat money

1 Like

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nobody: 8:52am On Oct 30, 2013
There is speculation that .Africa would be launch. It's been on for some years now but nobody knowa when, at least not to my knowledge.
gcfr.com:
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nobody: 9:15am On Oct 30, 2013
gcfr.com:

ya, you're right, i believe .Africa would be coming soon
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by mymadam(m): 9:48am On Oct 30, 2013
Chlbenze: there are so many 4 llll .net domain available, dnt take that risk or waste fund in llll .net except u have done alot of research, dnt waste that money. Dnt waste dat money i repeat again dnt waste dat money

A word is enough for the wise. He who has a functional pair of ears, let him hear... shikena! God bless Nigeria.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nobody: 10:14am On Oct 30, 2013
2s£xy:
There is speculation that .Africa would be launch. It's been on for some years now but nobody knowa when, at least not to my knowledge.
From Mr Ope interview, it seems their is smetn wrong with .africa, don't think twill come out anytime soon.

(1) (2) (3) ... (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) ... (398) (Reply)

How To Download Youtube Videos Using The ‘ss’ Trick

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.