Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,771 members, 7,955,944 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 07:21 PM

Is It Possible To Love Someone Without Knowing The Reason Why You Love Them ? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Possible To Love Someone Without Knowing The Reason Why You Love Them ? (32376 Views)

Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? / Can You Love Someone You Have Not Seen / You Love Someone So Much, But You Have To Let Him/Her Go! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Possible To Love Someone Without Knowing The Reason Why You Love Them ? by bright87: 2:53pm On Mar 28, 2013
I have a GF whom I just met, we have been dating for about 4 months and I do believe she loves me. But I did ask her why she love me and she seems not to have an answer.. Whats your take guys and gals.. Please lets debate...
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone Without Knowing The Reason Why You Love Them ? by dahmie2013: 3:42pm On Mar 28, 2013
Yes and I will talk from my personal experience. I dated 3 guys, but the one I loved most was the last & he was d least of dem in terms of wat I want in a guy. I asked myself why, but didnt have any reason for it, but it was obvious I was crazy. Everybody around me kept asking why, but I cudnt fix a particular reason. It was absurd but dat was d reality den. It wasnt d sex cos, wen I asked myself if its cos of d sex, I realised dat I was having d same feeling 4 him b4 we had our first bleep&after dat nothing changed. There was a time he also asked me why&I told him I dont know. He was also surprised like u are, but dat was d truth. Aldo,we're no longer dating cos he took my love 4 granted, but I loved him more dan even d first guy I dated in my life.

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone Without Knowing The Reason Why You Love Them ? by fubbyy(m): 4:20pm On Mar 28, 2013
dahmie2013: Yes and I will talk from my personal experience. I dated 3 guys, but the one I loved most was the last & he was d least of dem in terms of wat I want in a guy. I asked myself why, but didnt have any reason for it, but it was obvious I was crazy. Everybody around me kept asking why, but I cudnt fix a particular reason. It was absurd but dat was d reality den. It wasnt d sex cos, wen I asked myself if its cos of d sex, I realised dat I was having d same feeling 4 him b4 we had our first bleep&after dat nothing changed. There was a time he also asked me why&I told him I dont know. He was also surprised like u are, but dat was d truth. Aldo,we're no longer dating cos he took my love 4 granted, but I loved him more dan even d first guy I dated in my life.
can I ask you a question? Ok, what makes him the least in terms of what you want in a man, can you point out what and what he lacks that make him the least

I asked this for a reason, answer me and I will tell you why you loved him which you suppose to know

Note: don't tell me his good qualities, only his imperfections which made him the least among the 3 guys is what I want to know
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone Without Knowing The Reason Why You Love Them ? by bright87: 4:31pm On Mar 28, 2013
Hummm seems we are getting on here.
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone Without Knowing The Reason Why You Love Them ? by achinaboy(m): 7:37pm On Mar 28, 2013
there is nothing to debate here,the answer u are looking for is yes and thats it,,,,futhermore,am still waiting for DAhmIE2013 to answer fubbyy`s question
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone Without Knowing The Reason Why You Love Them ? by Nobody: 7:42pm On Mar 28, 2013
The answer is No.

You cannot love without a reason. If you insist you can love without a reason, then it is possible to love every person that approaches you for a relationship. The reason for love, is that reason that differentiates him/her from all others.

Without that reason, he/she is just like every other person you come across.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone Without Knowing The Reason Why You Love Them ? by Kslib(m): 9:45pm On Mar 28, 2013
sexkillz: The answer is No.

You cannot love without a reason. If you insist you can love without a reason, then it is possible to love every person that approaches you for a relationship. The reason for love, is that reason that differentiates him/her from all others.

Yea,but i believe you like someone you love due to some resons but you dont actually love someone due to a reason..
Let me explain further, there is always a reason for something,yes,but the fact here is that you dont actually know the reason for loving someone,its just like faith.. The reason for the love is there,but you cant figure it out but unlike love,you can figure out the reason for like..
Now if you say you know the reason why you love someone then ask yourself this question "if you happen to come across like 5 girls who posses the qualities that made you love your current lover,will you equally love them the way you love ur current lover"? If no,then i suggest you find the hidden element which makes your love for them un-equal despite them possessing the qualities of your current lover....
Once again,i believe everything got a reason even love,but i said you love without reason cos you can't figure out the reason [its too complex to figure out,there are thousands of small details,stuffs that makes you love someone].. You cant say "this is it,this is the reason" cos even if you see another person with that same quality,the gravity of the love must differ cos there's a hidden force that makes the gravity of the love for both parties unbalanced and that hidden force is "love"[weird abi]...
That's why its called love cos it is MAGICAL..
Everybody has his/her belief about love sha,and the above is mine... Ma pipo make una no forget to dey Spread da love..

3 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone Without Knowing The Reason Why You Love Them ? by SLIDEwaxie(m): 9:48pm On Mar 28, 2013
dahmie2013: Yes and I will talk from my personal experience. I dated 3 guys, but the one I loved most was the last & he was d least of dem in terms of wat I want in a guy. I asked myself why, but didnt have any reason for it, but it was obvious I was crazy. Everybody around me kept asking why, but I cudnt fix a particular reason. It was absurd but dat was d reality den. It wasnt d sex cos, wen I asked myself if its cos of d sex, I realised dat I was having d same feeling 4 him b4 we had our first bleep&after dat nothing changed. There was a time he also asked me why&I told him I dont know. He was also surprised like u are, but dat was d truth. Aldo,we're no longer dating cos he took my love 4 granted, but I loved him more dan even d first guy I dated in my life.
u see, wen u decieve urself finish, tryna hola me at the nairaland pepper soup section!!
Like u said, u were totally crazy. Only an idiott has no reason! But wen u are so gulped in ur emotions u loose focus and think, 'this is life'.
But in the end, wot happened? U broke up!
Where exactly is d love without reasons u professed?
Point is: love doesn't even exist, talk less of tryin to attach a reason not existing!

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone Without Knowing The Reason Why You Love Them ? by MrCork17: 9:51pm On Mar 28, 2013
bright87: I have a GF whom I just met, we have been dating for about 4 months and I do believe she loves me. But I did ask her why she love me and she seems not to have an answer.. Whats your take guys and gals.. Please lets debate...

..brother is she Black or Nigerian?? ..if yes...make sure u collect yor moiney back..every tin!! angry
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone Without Knowing The Reason Why You Love Them ? by Nobody: 10:18pm On Mar 28, 2013
If you don't have a reason why you love someone, you are confused. It's just that simple.

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone Without Knowing The Reason Why You Love Them ? by Nobody: 10:48pm On Mar 28, 2013
@OP
the question you should have asked is:"WHAT do you love about me?"

2 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone Without Knowing The Reason Why You Love Them ? by Mynd44: 3:11am On Mar 29, 2013
You cannot love without reason. It is really not possible. There has to be certain qualities that continually attracts you to that person and keeps making you go back for more. If you say there is none, then you are just lying to yourself
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone Without Knowing The Reason Why You Love Them ? by fubbyy(m): 4:18am On Mar 29, 2013
In conclusion, there's no such thing as love, its just a hallucination, simple and short so y'all better wake up to reality
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone Without Knowing The Reason Why You Love Them ? by Nobody: 4:33am On Mar 29, 2013
Pondering...
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone Without Knowing The Reason Why You Love Them ? by mecussey(m): 5:34am On Mar 29, 2013
yes you can love someone because of some reasons that you may not know. I loved a girl bc of some reasons that i cant even explain
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone Without Knowing The Reason Why You Love Them ? by bright87: 9:21am On Mar 29, 2013
Mr..Cork:

..brother is she Black or Nigerian?? ..if yes...make sure u collect yor moiney back..every tin!! angry

Well she is not the type who is crazy over money... She has never asked me for anything, I just do out of my free will and also out of love. Tnx
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone Without Knowing The Reason Why You Love Them ? by bright87: 9:26am On Mar 29, 2013
MRbrownJAY: @OP
Well bro funny enough A girl once said she loves me and I asked her this same question "What she loves about me" she said she love my height and my old skool hair style... Then I jokingly said to her "You will likely love any tall guy who has old skool also" I actually didn't feel anything for this girl in particularly we both ended up being casual friend.. coz I can't have a relationship with someone I don't have feelings for.
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone Without Knowing The Reason Why You Love Them ? by starlightRR(m): 1:47pm On Mar 29, 2013
in simple English....she is using you as BACKUP.....though hers can be an exception

but I still thinks she is with you maybe to avoid be lonely or till a better option comes
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone Without Knowing The Reason Why You Love Them ? by richyblink1(m): 3:43pm On Mar 29, 2013
The best feelings are those that have no words to express them.
I once asked a girl what will make her stick to a guy without swagg, vision, ambition, presentable, etc. Her answer was nothing.

There is always a reason to hang on in relationships when the sky starts falling.
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone Without Knowing The Reason Why You Love Them ? by Nobody: 7:37pm On Mar 29, 2013
bright87:
Well bro funny enough A girl once said she loves me and I asked her this same question "What she loves about me" she said she love my height and my old skool hair style... Then I jokingly said to her "You will likely love any tall guy who has old skool also" I actually didn't feel anything for this girl in particularly we both ended up being casual friend.. coz I can't have a relationship with someone I don't have feelings for.

thats exactly the point......if a girl says she loves you because of such flimsy excuse then it means you are not really special to her.
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone Without Knowing The Reason Why You Love Them ? by Youngpo413: 9:05pm On Mar 29, 2013
Mr..Cork:

Na now I believe say,mr..cork na real trouble maker.
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone Without Knowing The Reason Why You Love Them ? by Nobody: 2:56am On Mar 30, 2013
richyblink1: The best feelings are those that have no words to express them.
I once asked a girl what will make her stick to a guy without swagg, vision, ambition, presentable, etc. Her answer was nothing.

There is always a reason to hang on in relationships when the sky starts falling.

?
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone Without Knowing The Reason Why You Love Them ? by Popowaa: 5:55am On Mar 30, 2013
sexkillz: If you don't have a reason why you love someone, you are confused. It's just that simple.
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone Without Knowing The Reason Why You Love Them ? by Mynd44: 6:02am On Mar 30, 2013
I can't see those who support this again ooo
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone Without Knowing The Reason Why You Love Them ? by UjSizzle(f): 8:51am On Mar 30, 2013
sexkillz: The answer is No.

shouldn't love be unconditional?
Saying you love a person for this reason or that simply means if they suddenly lose what it is you love them for, then there is no reason to love them anymore.
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone Without Knowing The Reason Why You Love Them ? by UjSizzle(f): 8:52am On Mar 30, 2013
MRbrownJAY: @OP
beautiful!

@OP i believe its possible to love without reason. I know that's what love should be about.
If you have questions pertain to my stance, ask and I'll respond to them when i have the time.
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone Without Knowing The Reason Why You Love Them ? by Nobody: 8:56am On Mar 30, 2013
uj_sizzle:
shouldn't love be unconditional?
Saying you love a person for this reason or that simply means if they suddenly lose what it is you love them for, then there is no reason to love them anymore.
Can you love an agbero unconditionally?
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone Without Knowing The Reason Why You Love Them ? by UjSizzle(f): 9:03am On Mar 30, 2013
sexkillz: Can you love an agbero unconditionally?
when you take it out of the 'romantically involved' context, yes ofcos i can.
Love is the simple reason why i wouldn't pick an iron rod and burst his head in two.
Love is the reason why i wouldn't pray for his death every morning.
Love is the reason why when everyone else anything good in him, i can stand and associate with him.
Love is the reason why if we are romantically involved I'd stay put cos i believe i can influence him positively by being everything he isn't and make a better man out of him.
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone Without Knowing The Reason Why You Love Them ? by Nobody: 9:08am On Mar 30, 2013
uj_sizzle:
when you take it out of the 'romantically involved' context, yes ofcos i can.
Love is the simple reason why i wouldn't pick an iron rod and burst his head in two.
Love is the reason why i wouldn't pray for his death every morning.
Love is the reason why when everyone else anything good in him, i can stand and associate with him.
Love is the reason why if we are romantically involved I'd stay put cos i believe i can influence him positively by being everything he isn't and make a better man out of him.
Don't try to be smart. Can you fall in love with an agbero and love him unconditionally?

What is the reason that made you choose an agbero, against all advice?
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone Without Knowing The Reason Why You Love Them ? by Idowuogbo(f): 9:10am On Mar 30, 2013
sexkillz: Don't try to be smart. Can you fall in love with an agbero and love him unconditionally?

What is the reason that made you choose an agbero, against all advice?

Agbero no b human being ni? undecided
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone Without Knowing The Reason Why You Love Them ? by Nobody: 9:19am On Mar 30, 2013
Idowuogbo:
Agbero no b human being ni? undecided
I know what I'm driving at. This is between me and Uju.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pastor Accused Of Insulting Lady Who Refused To Date Him (Photos) / Which Sex Is More Promiscuous: Male Or Female? / Would You Break Up With A Boyfriend Who Smokes Marijuana?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.