Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,634 members, 7,958,906 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 07:06 AM

Is It Possible To Love Someone Without Knowing The Reason Why You Love Them ? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Possible To Love Someone Without Knowing The Reason Why You Love Them ? (32400 Views)

Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? / Can You Love Someone You Have Not Seen / You Love Someone So Much, But You Have To Let Him/Her Go! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone Without Knowing The Reason Why You Love Them ? by Mynd44: 9:23am On Mar 30, 2013
**grabs a bucket of pop-corn**
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone Without Knowing The Reason Why You Love Them ? by Idowuogbo(f): 9:23am On Mar 30, 2013
sexkillz: I know what I'm driving at. This is between me and Uju.
Oh! Sorry o!!! lipsrsealed
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone Without Knowing The Reason Why You Love Them ? by UjSizzle(f): 9:24am On Mar 30, 2013
Idowuogbo:
Agbero no b human being ni? undecided
hohoho abeg help me ask am oo

Killz. Didn't know you picked who to fall in love with undecided
why do people fall in love with who they are with?
You think they all chose to? Even against the judgement of others?
You think it's impossible to love someone who you can't pinpoint what's so good about them that they had to be the one?? And yet you are so crazy about them?
I guess it's never happened to you then. But don't generalize on love based on your personal experience....people may have something different.
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone Without Knowing The Reason Why You Love Them ? by Nobody: 9:39am On Mar 30, 2013
uj_sizzle:
hohoho abeg help me ask am oo

Killz. Didn't know you picked who to fall in love with undecided
Yes you pick who to fall in love with. Unless you don't wanna tell the truth, or you just wanna argue. If 3 guys are asking you out simultaneously, something made you decide to choose guy number 2. He didn't force himself on you.

He gave you a reason for you to love him. A reason why he makes your legs jelly-like when he speaks. A reason that cannot be compared to what the other 2 guys had to offer.

So yes. You pick who to love.

why do people fall in love with who they are with?
Because they were given a reason to. You won't tell me you are with someone who treats you like trash and still fall in love with them.

You think they all chose to? Even against the judgement of others?
Yes they do. They is a reason they fell in love with that person. A reason only them can see that others cannot see. . .

You think it's impossible to love someone who you can't pinpoint what's so good about them that they had to be the one?? And yet you are so crazy about them?
It is very impossible to love someone without pinpointing what's so good about them. That is why when they are not there, you feel incomplete, even though you have other numerous options. . .

I guess it's never happened to you then. But don't generalize on love based on your personal experience....people may have something different.
Love is a principle that cannot be changed. You don't wake up and fall in love with the first boy you see on your street, do you?

There has to be a reason why. wink

That's why good friends fall in love over time. . . They had enough reasons to.
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone Without Knowing The Reason Why You Love Them ? by UjSizzle(f): 9:54am On Mar 30, 2013
Lol i can't quote all that, so lemme ask a question and we'll work from there.

What is love??
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone Without Knowing The Reason Why You Love Them ? by Mynd44: 10:00am On Mar 30, 2013
Okay let's go there
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone Without Knowing The Reason Why You Love Them ? by Nobody: 10:03am On Mar 30, 2013
uj_sizzle: Lol i can't quote all that, so lemme ask a question and we'll work from there.

What is love??
Even wikipedia will give you a very comprehensive answer and describe the 4 kinds of love.

I know the small trap you are trying to set. Very soon, you'll tell me that you love your car and your man equally cos love is love. . .

Try again. wink
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone Without Knowing The Reason Why You Love Them ? by bright87: 10:11am On Mar 30, 2013
uj_sizzle: Lol i can't quote all that, so lemme ask a question and we'll work from there.

What is love??

"Love" is just one word that has the most complex definition you can ever think about.. To different persons it means different things.
I think your question should be "What is True Love "

Now know that infatuation is when somebody is highly,greatly,inspired and interested in someone or something that they feel they can grow a great chemistry and bond with or already have.

True Love is when you love someone no matter how they are. It don't matter if your girl has more money than you or if the man does.LOVE should never be about money,sex,race,star signs or religion and you should never get with someone because your friends and family want you to be with the person it must be your choice.You can't let your family,friends and religion get in your way for true love.

True love is when two people know each other imperfections, limitations, shortcomings, and flaws, and in spite of that they accept without hesitation and without hope for a change.

In a relationship or marriage both people should be faithful,loyal,respectful,careful and have affection and passion for one another that is what True Love is. The definition goes on endlessly...
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone Without Knowing The Reason Why You Love Them ? by UjSizzle(f): 10:11am On Mar 30, 2013
sexkillz: Even wikipedia will give you a very comprehensive answer and describe the 4 kinds of love.

I know the small trap you are trying to set. Very soon, you'll tell me that you love your car and your man equally cos love is love. . .

Try again. wink

lol nice try but i wasn't thinking that grin.
Why don't you paste a summary of all 4 definitions from wiki then grin
I'm sure i can work around them without making reference to my car grin grin
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone Without Knowing The Reason Why You Love Them ? by Popowaa: 10:12am On Mar 30, 2013
Killz i understand what you are trying to say but they are some instances you fall in love with some and you dont even know why you love him.He may not be rich or very good looking,not very intelligent but yet you love him soo much and you keep asking yourself what do i see in this guy that makes me love him the way i do but you cannt even answer that question yourself.it's possible to love without reason if the love took time to spring up.
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone Without Knowing The Reason Why You Love Them ? by UjSizzle(f): 10:16am On Mar 30, 2013
bright87:

"Love" is just one word that has the most complex definition you can ever think about.. To different persons it means different things.
I think your question should be "What is True Love "

Now know that infatuation is when somebody is highly,greatly,inspired and interested in someone or something that they feel they can grow a great chemistry and bond with or already have.

True Love is when you love someone no matter how they are. It don't matter if your girl has more money than you or if the man does.LOVE should never be about money,sex,race,star signs or religion and you should never get with someone because your friends and family want you to be with the person it must be your choice.You can't let your family,friends and religion get in your way for true love.

True love is when two people know each other imperfections, limitations, shortcomings, and flaws, and in spite of that they accept without hesitation and without hope for a change.

In a relationship or marriage both people should be faithful,loyal,respectful,careful and have affection and passion for one another that is what True Love is. The definition goes on endlessly...
kool. Thanx. But there is no such thing as 'true love'. It's either love or it isn't.
I do understand however the shortcomings of the English language, which is why I'd prefer someone got the origin Greek words and gave their meanings smiley.
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone Without Knowing The Reason Why You Love Them ? by Nobody: 10:17am On Mar 30, 2013
Popowaa: Killz i understand what you are trying to say but they are some instances you fall in love with some and you dont even know why you love him.He may not be rich or very good looking,not very intelligent but yet you love him soo much and you keep asking yourself what do i see in this guy that makes me love him the way i do but you cannt even answer that question yourself.it's possible to love without reason if the love took time to spring up.
That's pure infatuation, a.k.a, confusion. . . Love always has a reason. That you cannot explain it doesn't mean it's not there.

You don't feel that way with everyone else, do you?
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone Without Knowing The Reason Why You Love Them ? by Nobody: 10:18am On Mar 30, 2013
uj_sizzle:
lol nice try but i wasn't thinking that grin.
Why don't you paste a summary of all 4 definitions from wiki then grin
I'm sure i can work around them without making reference to my car grin grin
I'm on a mobile, so copying from pages I cannot edit is a chore.
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone Without Knowing The Reason Why You Love Them ? by Nobody: 10:19am On Mar 30, 2013
By the way, aren't we discussing romantic love?
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone Without Knowing The Reason Why You Love Them ? by Popowaa: 10:20am On Mar 30, 2013
It's not infatuation,u can love someone without knowing why.It's pure love.
sexkillz: That's pure infatuation, a.k.a, confusion. . . Love always has a reason. That you cannot explain it doesn't mean it's not there.

You don't feel that way with everyone else, do you?

Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone Without Knowing The Reason Why You Love Them ? by UjSizzle(f): 10:22am On Mar 30, 2013
sexkillz: By the way, aren't we discussing romantic love?
stop sectionalizing love. It may come with different 'themes' it's basic nature doesn't change.
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone Without Knowing The Reason Why You Love Them ? by bright87: 10:23am On Mar 30, 2013
uj_sizzle:
kool. Thanx. But there is no such thing as 'true love'. It's either love or it isn't.
I do understand however the shortcomings of the English language, which is why I'd prefer someone got the origin Greek words and gave their meanings smiley.

Bro I get what you are trying to say. Normally, Love is suppose to be Love, but because of the way the Love thinz is going especially with we 9ja guyz and babes. Everyone is claiming to love his partner which you and I know. Hence there is bound to be a fake love (love of pretence) and those that truly meant it (True Love). Remember most things in life always has two sides of it the FAKE and the ORIGINAL. People will easily say "I Love U" but how many of them truly do ? ask yourself this question.. Tnx
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone Without Knowing The Reason Why You Love Them ? by Nobody: 10:23am On Mar 30, 2013
Popowaa: It's not infatuation,u can love someone without knowing why.It's pure love.
What do you love about yourself?
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone Without Knowing The Reason Why You Love Them ? by Popowaa: 10:25am On Mar 30, 2013
Everything about me.Especially my always happy face.
sexkillz: What do you love about yourself?
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone Without Knowing The Reason Why You Love Them ? by Nobody: 10:25am On Mar 30, 2013
uj_sizzle:
stop sectionalizing love. It may come with different 'themes' it's basic nature doesn't change.
It has to be compartmentalized. Except you are trying to tell me you love a dog as equal as you love your man.
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone Without Knowing The Reason Why You Love Them ? by Popowaa: 10:26am On Mar 30, 2013
Lol
sexkillz: It has to be compartmentalized. Except you are trying to tell me you love a dog as equal as you love your man.
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone Without Knowing The Reason Why You Love Them ? by Nobody: 10:26am On Mar 30, 2013
Popowaa: Everything about me.Especially my always happy face.
Why do you love your happy face?
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone Without Knowing The Reason Why You Love Them ? by Popowaa: 10:29am On Mar 30, 2013
Cos it makes my face look more beautiful and make others happy too.
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone Without Knowing The Reason Why You Love Them ? by Nobody: 10:38am On Mar 30, 2013
Popowaa: Cos it makes my face look more beautiful and make others happy too.
So you had a reason. . . Hmm.
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone Without Knowing The Reason Why You Love Them ? by Popowaa: 10:40am On Mar 30, 2013
Lol
sexkillz: So you had a reason. . . Hmm.
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone Without Knowing The Reason Why You Love Them ? by UjSizzle(f): 10:48am On Mar 30, 2013
sexkillz: It has to be compartmentalized. Except you are trying to tell me you love a dog as equal as you love your man.
oh goody. From a dog you'd expect loyalty which translates as a condition, with man love is about sacrifice. It's about what you give without expecting in return. From each partner's point of view, it's unconditional. However, when you place both side by side, then there's a bigger picture: each person's unconditional love complements the other's.
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone Without Knowing The Reason Why You Love Them ? by Nobody: 10:53am On Mar 30, 2013
uj_sizzle:
oh goody. From a dog you'd expect loyalty which translates as a condition, with man love is about sacrifice. It's about what you give without expecting in return. From each partner's point of view, it's unconditional. However, when you place both side by side, then there's a bigger picture: each person's unconditional love complements the other's.
So am I safe to say that you can love everyone that approaches you because of the unconditional clause? And also, if you are already with someone, and another person comes along, you'll also love them?

Because if you don't have a reason why this person is special, what's the point?
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone Without Knowing The Reason Why You Love Them ? by Mynd44: 10:56am On Mar 30, 2013
sexkillz: So am I safe to say that you can love everyone that approaches you because of the unconditional clause? And also, if you are already with someone, and another person comes along, you'll also love them?

Because if you don't have a reason why this person is special, what's the point?

Bye bye
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone Without Knowing The Reason Why You Love Them ? by bright87: 11:02am On Mar 30, 2013
Well am i safe to say that you can only know the reason why you like someone but not a reason you love them ?
it's true you might be attracted to someone at first due to certain qualities in them, but in the long run you might end up not loving them, while sometimes you might end up loving them.... Quote me if am wrong
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone Without Knowing The Reason Why You Love Them ? by UjSizzle(f): 11:16am On Mar 30, 2013
Look, certain qualities about people pulls us to them. That's attraction.
Wanting to be around them because of these attributes still falls in the same category. You may find them interesting, sexy as hell, or whatever reason. That's understandable.
But when you start having feelings that can't be explained or quantified for them, do you also attribute it to those qualities you saw ab initio?
That even when they lose it, you still cannot kill that feeling.
What you term 'reasons' is simply the attracting force, your feelings for them afterwards which we'll call love(for now) isn't based on it.
It's strong enough that even if you got attracted to her beauty, when she loses it you still stay put. She still looks like the most beautiful girl in the world to you.

Feelings spring up, deciding to flow with it is totally up to you.
It's normal to find someone who loves two people and needs to choose just one.
It's man's nature to be rational, so you go for one who has more to offer you than the other. That's selfish ofcourse but then it's still man's nature to want the best for himself. But it still doesn't take away the fact that you love the other just as much.
It simply means you've decided to ignore whatever feeling you have for him to settle for another.

You love them not because of that 'reason', you chose to stay with them for that.
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone Without Knowing The Reason Why You Love Them ? by Nobody: 11:21am On Mar 30, 2013
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone Without Knowing The Reason Why You Love Them ? by Nobody: 11:24am On Mar 30, 2013
I may have to remind you that infatuation, attraction, and lust are not love.

You cannot argue love while explaining to me what infatuation and attraction means.

You love someone and want to spend the rest of your life with them. Someone walks up to you and says, "he's not the most handsome and rich, why did you choose to love him? What is it about him that sets him apart from all others? What is that thing about him, that would make you choose him over and over again? What is the reason why even if the whole world left him, you'll still be right there beside him? why do you love him so much, this much?"

And you say "Nothing, I can't just explain it?"

Lol.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Rejoices As Bank Reverses N2,500 He Sent To Lady Who Didn’t Appreciate It / Pre-wedding Picture Of A Nairalander, Join Him In The Celebration. / Why Are some Single Ladies Attracted To Married Men?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.