Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,407 members, 7,954,614 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 01:16 AM

Is It Possible To Love Someone Without Knowing The Reason Why You Love Them ? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Possible To Love Someone Without Knowing The Reason Why You Love Them ? (32372 Views)

Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? / Can You Love Someone You Have Not Seen / You Love Someone So Much, But You Have To Let Him/Her Go! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone Without Knowing The Reason Why You Love Them ? by UjSizzle(f): 11:28am On Mar 30, 2013
We all speak from our individual experiences.

Man is selfish. When you get used to that fact, we can move on from there.
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone Without Knowing The Reason Why You Love Them ? by Nobody: 11:30am On Mar 30, 2013
sexkillz: I may have to remind you that infatuation, attraction, and lust are not love.

You cannot argue love while explaining to me what infatuation and attraction means.

You love someone and want to spend the rest of your life with them. Someone walks up to you and says, "he's not the most handsome and rich, why did you choose to love him? What is it about him that sets him apart from all others? What is that thing about him, that would make you choose him over and over again? What is the reason why even if the whole world left him, you'll still be right there beside him? why do you love him so much, this much?"

And you say "Nothing, I can't just explain it?"

Lol.

Endorsed.
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone Without Knowing The Reason Why You Love Them ? by Nobody: 11:35am On Mar 30, 2013
uj_sizzle: We all speak from our individual experiences.

Man is selfish. When you get used to that fact, we can move on from there.

Man is not selfish. Most men choose to exhibit traits of selfishness. And that is why when you meet a selfless man, you say "wow, you are different"

He gave you a reason to say that.
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone Without Knowing The Reason Why You Love Them ? by UjSizzle(f): 12:53pm On Mar 30, 2013
Lets not get too emotional here tongue. Every man is selfish at his core to the point that even your good deeds are an extension of your selfishness. It's unarguable love grin.

Attraction plays a vital role in bringing people together. You love her looks, or the way she thinks, she's smart and intelligent, yeah her words blow you away and then you can't help it but you're drawing close to her....that's attraction in it's basic form. It's an invincible force dear.
It happens in friendship, and relationships. Jeez sometimes you don't even know what's pulling you to him/her smiley.

When you fall in love with a person, you're blinded to their shortcomings. Even when it's obvious to others, you just can't see it cos they are perfect to you. It's what love does..it washes off imperfections.
If it were to be based on reason, then when we can no longer find a reason to be there, we'll simply pack up and leave.
Reason doesn't define love.

P.S. I have classes now. My responses may come late.

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone Without Knowing The Reason Why You Love Them ? by Caracta(f): 1:02pm On Mar 30, 2013
An old man told me few years ago that when you love someone without a particular reason, it is true love. Just like this conversation:

Girl: Why do you love me so much?

Boy: Hmmm. I love you...not because of your beauty or level of intelligence. You are obviously not perfect. Your imperfections solidify my feelings. I don't know why...i can't say why. I just love you. I love you beyond the expression of words.

I believe what this old man said to me because i have experienced it.

It is possible to love someone without knowing the reason why you love them because no matter the reasons or qualities you state, there will always be someone with those qualities that you do not love. So, it is far beyond the expression of words. That is true love.

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone Without Knowing The Reason Why You Love Them ? by luvmijeje(f): 1:24pm On Mar 30, 2013
uj_sizzle: Lets not get too emotional here tongue. Every man is selfish at his core to the point that even your good deeds are an extension of your selfishness. It's unarguable love grin.

Attraction plays a vital role in bringing people together. You love her looks, or the way she thinks, she's smart and intelligent, yeah her words blow you away and then you can't help it but you're drawing close to her....that's attraction in it's basic form. It's an invincible force dear.
It happens in friendship, and relationships. Jeez sometimes you don't even know what's pulling you to him/her smiley.

When you fall in love with a person, you're blinded to their shortcomings. Even when it's obvious to others, you just can't see it cos they are perfect to you. It's what love does..it washes off imperfections.
If it were to be based on reason, then when we can no longer find a reason to be there, we'll simply pack up and leave.
Reason doesn't define love.

P.S. I have classes now. My responses may come late.
Uju she may not see his shortcoming but have u wonder maybe she is seeing something others couldn't see.
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone Without Knowing The Reason Why You Love Them ? by UjSizzle(f): 1:36pm On Mar 30, 2013
luvmijeje:
Uju she may not see his shortcoming but have u wonder maybe she is seeing something others couldn't see.
all she can see is that he's got some real nice attributes. But there are other people who also have what he's got and a whole not more! But do u see her going to love them instead? Nope she still stays with him and no one else.
My point is the reasons aren't why she must love him neither are they why she must choose to remain with him.
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone Without Knowing The Reason Why You Love Them ? by k2039: 1:40pm On Mar 30, 2013
sexkillz: The answer is No.

You cannot love without a reason. If you insist you can love without a reason, then it is possible to love every person that approaches you for a relationship. The reason for love, is that reason that differentiates him/her from all others.

Without that reason, he/she is just like every other person you come across.

[size=13pt] I assume the Op's girlfriend has a reason, she just doesn't know.

This brings me to the crux of the point where we have always disagreed.
If I have a reason to love a girl, then that's the same reason not to love her(My love is only valid when the reasons are met).
[/size]
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone Without Knowing The Reason Why You Love Them ? by k2039: 1:47pm On Mar 30, 2013
uj_sizzle:
all she can see is that he's got some real nice attributes. But there are other people who also have what he's got and a whole not more! But do u see her going to love them instead? Nope she still stays with him and no one else.
My point is the reasons aren't why she must love him neither are they why she must choose to remain with him.
[size=13pt]I agree with you.
The greatest love are unconditional, the partners realize the attraction they feel for each other is greater that their reasons for wanting to be together.
[/size]
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone Without Knowing The Reason Why You Love Them ? by Mynd44: 1:56pm On Mar 30, 2013
Nice points by both sides. Keep it going.

K, I see you oooo
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone Without Knowing The Reason Why You Love Them ? by luvmijeje(f): 1:58pm On Mar 30, 2013
uj_sizzle:
What are the probability of her meeting someone else that has the same attributes as his current boo.
Arguably God himself love us with a reason not to talk of us-human.
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone Without Knowing The Reason Why You Love Them ? by k2039: 2:14pm On Mar 30, 2013
luvmijeje:
What are the probability of her meeting someone else that has the same attributes as his current boo.
Arguably God himself love us with a reason not to talk of us-human.
[size=13pt]A simple question dear.

Why do you love your boo?.
[/size]
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone Without Knowing The Reason Why You Love Them ? by luvmijeje(f): 2:24pm On Mar 30, 2013
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone Without Knowing The Reason Why You Love Them ? by luvmijeje(f): 2:24pm On Mar 30, 2013
k2039:

[/size]
Tell me first why u luv your current babe and I will gladly answer your question.
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone Without Knowing The Reason Why You Love Them ? by Mynd44: 2:28pm On Mar 30, 2013
k2039:

[/size]
But wait ooo. Before you ask someone out(I am not refering to the mofos who chase anything in skirts here), there must be something which draws him/her to you. Something you see in the person that makes you want more and more of that person. At first, it might be that thing and then you find out the person has more qualities that are endearing to you and you keep falling.

If this holds right, then is it not possible that if those qualities suddenly or gradually change, you might fall out of love? If you fall for a man because he is humble and kind, if he stops being humble you might find yourself heting him.

The truth is that we as individuals have what we look for in a the opposite sex. K for example wants booooobs. And some wants intelligence. And most times, we do not know that we want those things in our partner but the sub-concious know s and when one who has those qualities come around, your defences which is built by the same sub-consiousness falls down. That is what you fell in love with. And those are what you can point to.

Thw point that you fall unconditionally is really not true and I mean romantic love here. Even among friends. You find things that draws you to your friends right? If your friends starts acting in ways contrary to what you first saw, won't you pull away?

Some one said "a reason to love gives a reason to hate" which is true because when that thing which you fell in love with goes away, the love goes with it. You can deny this all you want but it holds true.

There is always an object you love in your partner but if you know or discover it or not is left to you.

Do you even wonder why sometimes after being together some people fall out of love? Have you not heard where a man treats his wife bad but she still loves him cos of some other qualities which other people think is crap?

We are attracted to different things and those thing are attract up and keep us bounded or tears us apart.

Eff I said I won't get in this ooo. Now my fingers hurt

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone Without Knowing The Reason Why You Love Them ? by Mynd44: 2:38pm On Mar 30, 2013
luvmijeje:
Tell me first why u luv your current babe and I will gladly answer your question.
She cooks Yam and eggs for him. He would not admit this but it is true
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone Without Knowing The Reason Why You Love Them ? by Popowaa: 2:46pm On Mar 30, 2013
U wan turn love teacher?
Mynd_44:
But wait ooo. Before you ask someone out(I am not refering to the mofos who chase anything in skirts here), there must be something which draws him/her to you. Something you see in the person that makes you want more and more of that person. At first, it might be that thing and then you find out the person has more qualities that are endearing to you and you keep falling.

If this holds right, then is it not possible that if those qualities suddenly or gradually change, you might fall out of love? If you fall for a man because he is humble and kind, if he stops being humble you might find yourself heting him.

The truth is that we as individuals have what we look for in a the opposite sex. K for example wants booooobs. And some wants intelligence. And most times, we do not know that we want those things in our partner but the sub-concious know s and when one who has those qualities come around, your defences which is built by the same sub-consiousness falls down. That is what you fell in love with. And those are what you can point to.

Thw point that you fall unconditionally is really not true and I mean romantic love here. Even among friends. You find things that draws you to your friends right? If your friends starts acting in ways contrary to what you first saw, won't you pull away?

Some one said "a reason to love gives a reason to hate" which is true because when that thing which you fell in love with goes away, the love goes with it. You can deny this all you want but it holds true.

There is always an object you love in your partner but if you know or discover it or not is left to you.

Do you even wonder why sometimes after being together some people fall out of love? Have you not heard where a man treats his wife bad but she still loves him cos of some other qualities which other people think is crap?

We are attracted to different things and those thing are attract up and keep us bounded or tears us apart.

Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone Without Knowing The Reason Why You Love Them ? by luvmijeje(f): 2:49pm On Mar 30, 2013
Mynd_44:
She cooks Yam and eggs for him. He would not admit this but it is true
Lol.Concerning your other post,u are being realistic.
There is nothing called agape love,it is called fantasy love.Love alone doesn't keep a relationship.
If God love was unconditional,everyone should qualify to make heaven.
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone Without Knowing The Reason Why You Love Them ? by k2039: 2:52pm On Mar 30, 2013
luvmijeje:
[size=13pt]
Let me tell you a little story.

I went to a friends room, checked through his phone and I saw this particular girl's picture.
I jokingly told him, I was interested in the girl and I requested he showed me the girl(She was in my department).
When my friend finally showed me, she didn't fit my picture and idea of a girl friend in terms of her body shape, size etc.

But after a while I got attracted to her(I kept seeing her in the dept.).

I remembered my friend asked me a question when I told him I'm beginning to love this girl, he asked me why the attraction now since I told him I wasn't attracted to the girl earlier?.

That question took me days to figure it out.

After clear and deep though I realized I was fascinated about how studious she was, that marked the beginning of my attraction towards her and the more I found out about her afterwards the more I was attracted by her personality.

So to answer your question, she is smart, prioritize, intelligent, devoted to God and she is beautiful(I never thought she was when I first saw her though).

But in spite of all this qualities, my attraction and love for her is greater, Honestly I can't figure out why I'm so crazy about her because there are girls who have same qualities as her and there are others who are way better but of course I'm not attracted to them.

I figure out that if my love was based on the qualities I found out, they will be superficial, there is something greater that I can't explain because if her beauty fades, if something happens to her intellect medically(God forbid), I will still love her.
[/size]
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone Without Knowing The Reason Why You Love Them ? by Popowaa: 2:59pm On Mar 30, 2013
Awww so romantic.
k2039:
[size=13pt]

I went to a friends room, checked through his phone and I saw this particular girl's picture.
I jokingly told him, I was interested in the girl and I requested he showed me the girl(She was in my department).
When my friend finally showed me, she didn't fit my picture and idea of a girl friend in terms of her body shape, size etc.

I remembered my friend asked me a question when I told him I'm beginning to love this girl, he asked me why the attraction now since I told him I wasn't attracted to the girl earlier?.

After clear and deep though I realized I was fascinated about how studious she was, that marked the beginning of my attraction towards her and the more I found out about her afterwards the more I was attracted by her personality.

So to answer your question, she is smart, prioritize, intelligent, devoted to God and she is beautiful(I never thought she was when I first saw her though).

But in spite of all this qualities, my attraction and love for her is greater, Honestly I can't figure out why I'm so crazy about her because there are girls who have same qualities as her and there are others who are way better but of course I'm not attracted to them.

I figure out that if my love was based on the qualities I found out, they will be superficial, there is something greater that I can't explain because if her beauty fades, if something happens to her intellect medically(God forbid), I will still love her.
[/size]
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone Without Knowing The Reason Why You Love Them ? by luvmijeje(f): 3:04pm On Mar 30, 2013
k2039:
[size=13pt]

[/size]
*Sigh*
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone Without Knowing The Reason Why You Love Them ? by Mynd44: 3:04pm On Mar 30, 2013
luvmijeje:
Lol.Concerning your other post,u are being realistic.
There is nothing called agape love,it is called fantasy love.Love alone doesn't keep a relationship.
If God love was unconditional,everyone should qualify to make heaven.
Agape, fantasy...abeg we dey talk of romance here jorh
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone Without Knowing The Reason Why You Love Them ? by Mynd44: 3:04pm On Mar 30, 2013
Popowaa: Awww so romantic.
K is hopeless
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone Without Knowing The Reason Why You Love Them ? by luvmijeje(f): 3:07pm On Mar 30, 2013
Mynd_44:
Agape, fantasy...abeg we dey talk of romance here jorh
That is the topic.
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone Without Knowing The Reason Why You Love Them ? by Popowaa: 3:07pm On Mar 30, 2013
He is not hopeless but romantic and lovely
Mynd_44:
K is hopeless
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone Without Knowing The Reason Why You Love Them ? by Mynd44: 3:13pm On Mar 30, 2013
Popowaa: He is not hopeless but romantic and lovely
Still hopeless.
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone Without Knowing The Reason Why You Love Them ? by k2039: 3:14pm On Mar 30, 2013
Mynd_44:

[size=13pt]We have a common ground here, I agree with you in totality and in fact my post reflected this.

But if I was attracted to a girl because she has sexy legs, if she has an accident and loses the leg, then what happens?.

What if she develops an ailment and somehow she isn't fully active in bed, what happens?.

I can give several examples on and on, but my point is just that the greatest relationships are the ones which are based on values that cannot be quantified.

I understand we are attracted by certain qualities but when the qualities fade as a result of nature (circumstances beyond our control, what happens to Love?).

I don't mean one should foolishly love though, but if my girlfriend cheats on me or is unwilling to go on with the relationship, I will not hesitate to let her go(those are circumstances within her control).

@ the bolder, where did you obtain your fact, I assume it was an illustration anyway grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin.
[/size]
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone Without Knowing The Reason Why You Love Them ? by Mynd44: 3:17pm On Mar 30, 2013
k2039:

[size=13pt]We have a common ground here, I agree with you in totality and in fact my post reflected this.

But if I was attracted to a girl because she has sexy legs, if she has an accident and loses the leg, then what happens?.

What if she develops an ailment and somehow she isn't fully active in bed, what happens?.

I can give several examples on and on, but my point is just that the greatest relationships are the ones which are based on values that cannot be quantified.

I understand we are attracted by certain qualities but when the qualities fade as a result of nature (circumstances beyond our control, what happens to Love?).

I don't mean one should foolishly love though, but if my girlfriend cheats on me or is unwilling to go on with the relationship, I will not hesitate to let her go(those are circumstances within her control)
[/size]
I hate too much talk. If you are atttracted to a girl cos she takes classes serious and she is close to God and the othe BS. If her grades starts dropping, she starts ignoring church and she sleeps around would you still love her?

Abeg I wan go sleep jorh
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone Without Knowing The Reason Why You Love Them ? by k2039: 3:21pm On Mar 30, 2013
[size=13pt] Eventually, it all boils down to this:
We all see the world the way we are.
Two people can see the same thing differently and still disagree.
If we ask 10 different people for their definition of love, we will get at least 8 different answers.

In closing I agree with every ones post on this thread.

We are all attracted as a result of certain qualities but it's my believe that the greatest love are based on intrinsic values, values that can't be explained.
[/size]
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone Without Knowing The Reason Why You Love Them ? by Mynd44: 3:26pm On Mar 30, 2013
And K is also a politician......
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone Without Knowing The Reason Why You Love Them ? by k2039: 3:26pm On Mar 30, 2013
Mynd_44:
I hate too much talk. If you are atttracted to a girl cos she takes classes serious and she is close to God and the othe BS. If her grades starts dropping, she starts ignoring church and she sleeps around would you still love her?

Abeg I wan go sleep jorh
[size=13pt] grin grin grin grin grin
Those are circumstances within her control and for that I can leave her. I did explain that earlier, I will only be stupi.d to date a girl who isn't making herself better or building up herself.

By the way I was watching a movie also and I need to continue with my movie.
[/size]
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone Without Knowing The Reason Why You Love Them ? by luvmijeje(f): 3:32pm On Mar 30, 2013
Intrinstic values that cannot be quantified are also reasons.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Which Sex Is More Promiscuous: Male Or Female? / Pastor Accused Of Insulting Lady Who Refused To Date Him (Photos) / Signs That She Is In Love.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.