Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,485 members, 7,819,761 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:37 PM

Jude Agbaso - Imo State Deputy-Governor - Impeached For Taking Bribe - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jude Agbaso - Imo State Deputy-Governor - Impeached For Taking Bribe (28710 Views)

Imo 2015: Agbaso Returns To Pdp,declares For Imo Governorship / Agbaso Contests Impeachment At Appeal Court / I Never Resigned - Imo Deputy Governor, Agbaso (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jude Agbaso - Imo State Deputy-Governor - Impeached For Taking Bribe by Nobody: 9:05am On Mar 29, 2013
Chino_anyi: D guy s just a sacrificial [b]lamp, he wud ve resign b4 now 2 save his political career ,4me its just a set up ful stop, Rochas s just greedy n want 2 rule Imo 4d second time wen actualy him n dis guys elder bro had n agrement 4him 2 rule 1 year n transfer power 2him [/b]

i don't think there is an award for posting comments here so why been in a hurry to the point of not reading ur comments all over to make necessary corrections before posting?
Re: Jude Agbaso - Imo State Deputy-Governor - Impeached For Taking Bribe by anonimi: 9:31am On Mar 29, 2013
kabaka1: Too bad 4 him, his oga at d top has forsaken him

Just as Tinubu sacked two deputy governors, Mrs. Bucknor-Akerele and Femi Pedro to consolidate his chop alone mafioso status. And the people continue to be hood winked with "massive construction" of overhead bridge and gutters by ACN governors following his example.
It did not matter to Tinubu that Femi Pedro resigned. Tinubu still went ahead to organise his impeachment to nail Femi's political coffin.
Unlike OBJ and Atiku who successfully fought through the courts against his sacking and replacement by Muazu. Atiku later contested with Tinubu's AC party ticket. No wonder he said Tinubu is a betrayer.
Dog-chop-dog but the masses continue suffering.

So much for the "progressive opposition" who are just as bad as the PDP they want to kick out from the centre so they can "share" to themselves the Niger Delta oil revenue.

1 Like

Re: Jude Agbaso - Imo State Deputy-Governor - Impeached For Taking Bribe by Nobody: 9:37am On Mar 29, 2013
Oya, make them impeach police officers, lecturers, governors, state and federal legislators, inec officials cos they're guilty at one point or d other. Imo people don Bleep up when uncle Jonah just granted pardon for billions of pound theft.
Re: Jude Agbaso - Imo State Deputy-Governor - Impeached For Taking Bribe by nduchucks: 9:46am On Mar 29, 2013
Afam4eva: This just seems so lame. It seems this guy was setup. I kinda inferred it from the interview he granted.

Did Agbaso take the bribe or not? Set up or not, he should have had enough moral capital to resist the setup.

1 Like

Re: Jude Agbaso - Imo State Deputy-Governor - Impeached For Taking Bribe by Iyoaye: 10:35am On Mar 29, 2013
Ngwakwe: News reaching Channel TV has confirmed that Deputy Governor of Imo State Jude Agbaso has been impeached.

Twenty five out of twenty six State legislators voted in favour of the impeachment.

Jude Agbaso was impeached for taking bribe from a Lebanese Contractor engaged in the on-going Road Construction works in and across Imo State using his office as the Deputy Governor and commissioner for works to influence the bribery act.

I think I love this. Kudos to the House of Assembly! We need these set of lawmakers in other states of the Nation.
Re: Jude Agbaso - Imo State Deputy-Governor - Impeached For Taking Bribe by Chinoanyi(m): 10:37am On Mar 29, 2013
byrron:

i don't think there is an award for posting comments here so why been in a hurry to the point of not reading ur comments all over to make necessary corrections before posting?

I gues u shud read ur trash more. Wen we ve childrn who just com here 2play dis s wat we get, u beta go get a job n b useful or mail me I can help u wit somtin of 25k monthly so u can stop selin ur pathetic fake cure medcine here
Re: Jude Agbaso - Imo State Deputy-Governor - Impeached For Taking Bribe by kitlady02(f): 10:57am On Mar 29, 2013
Rochas bought the gulber seat ticket frm d older Agbaso a lot of money with a condition of making his younger bro, d deputy and commissioner for works(which has never happened b4 in Imo). Why commissioner 4 works? because they know that is where the money is.

Rochas is not a saint, but the Agbaso family is too greedy:p n d younger Agbaso is just a learner grin tongue

1 Like

Re: Jude Agbaso - Imo State Deputy-Governor - Impeached For Taking Bribe by Dede1(m): 11:08am On Mar 29, 2013
^^^I guess Rochas Okorocha expected serious profit when he allegedly bought the Imo State gubernatorial ticket for 300 million from the older Agbaso. Imo State is in serious bargain.
Re: Jude Agbaso - Imo State Deputy-Governor - Impeached For Taking Bribe by kitlady02(f): 11:38am On Mar 29, 2013
[quote author=Dede1]^^^I guess Rochas Okorocha expected serious profit when he allegedly bought the Imo State gubernatorial ticket for 300 million from the older Agbaso. Imo State is in serious bargain. [/quote
Re: Jude Agbaso - Imo State Deputy-Governor - Impeached For Taking Bribe by expensive007(m): 11:40am On Mar 29, 2013
Ngwakwe: How?

I can confidently claim one man standing if it were the most difficult sin to avoid. However, being in a leadership position for various times and places including my various involvement in probing corruption allegations have help me to understand the in-depth tricks and cover-ups inherent in such evil monster ravaging our society.

48 laws of power: älöw ödäß 2 dö d dírty jöb
Re: Jude Agbaso - Imo State Deputy-Governor - Impeached For Taking Bribe by omoabolade(m): 11:41am On Mar 29, 2013
Whether he was set up or not, d fact remains dt he collected bribe nd was caught. Just lyk what one of my lecturers used to say in dos days, CHEAT, BUT DONT BE CAUGHT.

Gbogbo won lole, eni tile mo ba ni barao
All of dem steal, only dse who are caught ar labelled thief.

God help ME
Re: Jude Agbaso - Imo State Deputy-Governor - Impeached For Taking Bribe by Okeycima: 12:47pm On Mar 29, 2013
asha 80: owerri zone or owerri people?
he said zone and I will also say owerri zone as a whole said d want rochas but more especially owerri people
Re: Jude Agbaso - Imo State Deputy-Governor - Impeached For Taking Bribe by networkrecharg: 12:50pm On Mar 29, 2013
AGBASO AND CURRUPTION ARE FRIENDS. BUT MY TAKE IS SHARE THE MONEY (A WAY FOR A NEW DEPUTY GOV. NWEMERE)

2days ago, Musa killed okoro,I did not talk because I ve never seen okoro before. | Yesterday,mohammed slaughtered chimezie,I did not complain because he is not my brother. | Today, ibrahim is chasing me with cutlass,he wants to kill me,nobody wants to HELP

1 Like

Re: Jude Agbaso - Imo State Deputy-Governor - Impeached For Taking Bribe by Donnas: 3:31pm On Mar 29, 2013
Martin agbaso sorry for the disgrace that your brother brought to your family name.
Re: Jude Agbaso - Imo State Deputy-Governor - Impeached For Taking Bribe by obi2012: 4:04pm On Mar 29, 2013
so here is another twist to the story.. Now they are saying they traced the bank account the bribe went into and it is not Jude Agbaso's account.. That it is a Lebanese guys account.. The way this process played out so quick and the speed at which a replacement was picked seems really shady..

here is the article
http://www.imostateblog.com/2013/03/29/contractor-joseph-dina-jpros-international-kidnapped/
Re: Jude Agbaso - Imo State Deputy-Governor - Impeached For Taking Bribe by emmasege: 4:51pm On Mar 29, 2013
When did bribery become an impeachable offence for Nigerian politicians?. "Let him who has never sinned throw the first stone against the woman" was Jesus' response to the hypocritical accusers of the adulterous woman, and this also applies to the law makers. What puzzles me the most was Okorocha's hypocritical non-involvement of the impeachment process!!! Has he never been involved in shady deals b4 and even now?. I hope he gets a "Yes" man in his new deputy.
Re: Jude Agbaso - Imo State Deputy-Governor - Impeached For Taking Bribe by Eziachi: 7:15pm On Mar 29, 2013
kitlady02: Rochas bought the gulber seat ticket frm d older Agbaso a lot of money with a condition of making his younger bro, d deputy and commissioner for works(which has never happened b4 in Imo). Why commissioner 4 works? because they know that is where the money is.

Rochas is not a saint, but the Agbaso family is too greedy:p n d younger Agbaso is just a learner grin tongue
And you were there when this agreement was signed as an eye witness?
Re: Jude Agbaso - Imo State Deputy-Governor - Impeached For Taking Bribe by Eziachi: 7:19pm On Mar 29, 2013
ndu_chucks:

Did Agbaso take the bribe or not? Set up or not, he should have had enough moral capital to resist the setup.
Don't mind the pinheads, you cannot be successfully setup with a bait you don't like or hated. That why worms and maggots are used by fisher men to catch fish, because their target love maggots and worms.
If you hate taking bribe, how can you be setup with a bribe money?
Re: Jude Agbaso - Imo State Deputy-Governor - Impeached For Taking Bribe by deb(m): 11:34pm On Mar 29, 2013
Have we become so comfortable with corruption that majority of ordinary people commenting on this issue are not even talking about what next a sane society should do after such impeachment? We should be talking about when is he going to be jailed rather I see people trying to indirectly defend a corrupt man that he is a "victim" because he was not professionally corrupt enough?

Is it now this bad? This does not potend any hope cause the average person seems to having a thieving mentality. I thank God for my brain o. pheeew!
Re: Jude Agbaso - Imo State Deputy-Governor - Impeached For Taking Bribe by joney360(m): 10:40am On Mar 30, 2013
Agbaso is down and out. So now I want the house to focus on the contract award process in Imo state, cos I can't understand how a contract of N1.2billion is awarded and the cost is paid upfront. This is not due process. Due process demands that the contract should be subjected to open bidding and the winner of the bid paid 25% or 10% mobilization fee. The other payments should come as certification is obtained by the contractor from ministry of works for a job welldone as contract progresses. So why was JPROS paid N1.2b upfront? How many kilometers is the said road? Is the road actually worth N1.2b? What other projects was due process circumvented? Impeachment is a start they need to complete this process. Imagine a situation where a contract is awarded to a contractor and payment made upfront. Do we consider if the contractor does a shoddy job cos he already has the Money or decides to bail completely.
Re: Jude Agbaso - Imo State Deputy-Governor - Impeached For Taking Bribe by obi2012: 2:33pm On Mar 30, 2013
i definitely agree with you... Agbaso said Rochas personally introduced the company, awarded the contract and approved the payment so why isnt anyone questioning him? I have never heard of a contract being awarded this way

joney360: Agbaso is down and out. So now I want the house to focus on the contract award process in Imo state, cos I can't understand how a contract of N1.2billion is awarded and the cost is paid upfront. This is not due process. Due process demands that the contract should be subjected to open bidding and the winner of the bid paid 25% or 10% mobilization fee. The other payments should come as certification is obtained by the contractor from ministry of works for a job welldone as contract progresses. So why was JPROS paid N1.2b upfront? How many kilometers is the said road? Is the road actually worth N1.2b? What other projects was due process circumvented? Impeachment is a start they need to complete this process. Imagine a situation where a contract is awarded to a contractor and payment made upfront. Do we consider if the contractor does a shoddy job cos he already has the Money or decides to bail completely.
Re: Jude Agbaso - Imo State Deputy-Governor - Impeached For Taking Bribe by peteronyii: 4:28pm On Mar 30, 2013
IMPEACHING HIM FOR COLLECTING BRIBE IS OK, BUT WHAT WAS DONE TO THE PEOPLE THAT GAVE HIM THE BRIBE BECAUSE THEY THEMSELVES ARE GUILTY ALSO, EVEN THE PEOPLE THAT IMPEACHED HIM SHOULD ALSO GET READY FOR THEIR OWN IMPEACHMENT BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT SINCERE ON THEIR OWN TOO.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Fayose: Police Get 102 Petitions / Time To Rally Round Bola Tinubu, By Femi Aribisala / Fisayo Soyombo's Ikoyi Prisons Report: Nigerian Correctional Service Reacts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.