Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,831 members, 7,810,200 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:17 PM

Pope Francis Washes Prisoners' Feet On Maundy Thursday - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope Francis Washes Prisoners' Feet On Maundy Thursday (24212 Views)

Pope Francis Kisses And Washes Feet Of Muslim, 4 Nigerian Catholics / PICS:Church Members Carry Their Pastor Because His Feet Must Not Touch The Floor / Maundy Thursday - The Beginning Of Easter Triduum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pope Francis Washes Prisoners' Feet On Maundy Thursday by peteregwu(m): 10:03am On Mar 31, 2013
qhiwegh:

I appreciate that your discourse has been civil. I don't believe that the Bible is the word of God or the inspired word of God. As to your father's healing, that doesn't prove that God exists. Surely, people of every faith has been healed from spiritual experiences, some of which could be explained by the fact that humans are very suggestive people who can easily believe what they want to believe. And they have attributed their healing to all sorts of religions and deities.

I have no problem with you having such strong faith. If you believe so strongly, and you're a person of good character who's doing good in society, more power to you!

Christianity, in the context of both my life, and in the context of world history, has never made sense to me.

ok friend, i understand your case here. i pray dat God will show u d reason to believe dat He exist and alive and dat He is responsible for our existence. where are u from friend?
Re: Pope Francis Washes Prisoners' Feet On Maundy Thursday by peteregwu(m): 10:10am On Mar 31, 2013
frosbel:

Brother , I agree with your beautiful post , except :

Point people to JESUS not to MEN smiley

Blessings !

what is mens blessings...what do u mean by mens blessing? i was just trying to arrive at something. u always like to jump into conclusion. pls am not serving a dead Jesus, am serving the Jesus that is alive forever in glory and power. pls let me! do your own and stop being jealous. then why do u agree then? i thought u said is mens. pls if you are preaching in the bus, on the street tell them what Jesus did, and what He can as well do. dont just give them boring sermon, thats why satanic men and prophets are deceiving many.

i was just trying to know if the brothe believes in the bible. he does actually, with the quote of deutronomy he posted. so, thats exactly whay i wanted before i started saying wht i want say. pls if God is not doing anything in your church, dont pour the anger on me. i believe so much in God, and that He can do all things. my fathers leg was about to be cut off by a doctor who claimed their is nothing they can do about it. this happened in luth, then he was on wheel chair. my fathef happens to be a pastor then. i was not even born again then. my father disagreed, he told the dr that thd God hebis serving will heal him. then my father resulted to prayer. this goes on for about 5-6months. he was still in the hospital. then one day in the night aroud 2am, a light shone on him from above, an he heard a voice that declared to him , you are healed three times. after a while, he gave it a test. he layed his leg on the floor and he started on his own. later in thw morning, the dr came by an my dad told him, "God has healed me" and my dad walked in the presence of the dr...everyone started jubilating. that day is a day i can neve forget in my life till i die. d dr was amazed. he tot he was dreaming. so, dont attributes miracles satan or false prophet(although we have them). tell people what Jesus can do. be bold and be confident about it in righteousness, that is faith. thats is why faithless christians are losing hope on God and joining occult and aquiring power from them. every miracle they see they say it is devil. then which is Gods then? if u are going to a dead church pls leave. i believe with all my heart that a place of righteousness and holiness, is a place of power, except their is compromise.
Re: Pope Francis Washes Prisoners' Feet On Maundy Thursday by qhiwegh(m): 8:20pm On Mar 31, 2013
peteregwu:

ok friend, i understand your case here. i pray dat God will show u d reason to believe dat He exist and alive and dat He is responsible for our existence. where are u from friend?

I stay in Lagos, and you?
Re: Pope Francis Washes Prisoners' Feet On Maundy Thursday by peteregwu(m): 8:29pm On Mar 31, 2013
qhiwegh:

I stay in Lagos, and you?

lagos 2.
Re: Pope Francis Washes Prisoners' Feet On Maundy Thursday by EreluY(f): 8:07pm On Jan 02, 2014
frosbel:

Deception. Jesuits are dangerous. This MAN wants to bring all Christians under mother church , and guess what, many , many will be deceived.

"For false messiahs and false prophets will appear and perform signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect." - Mark 13:22

Frosbel, am just reading this. It's hilarious!

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Seven Things To Expect In A Real Godly Relationship / Catholic Bishops Reject Father Mbaka’s Apology To Peter Obi / Signs A Person Loves Money Too Much

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.