Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,927 members, 7,810,559 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:08 AM

Pope Francis Washes Prisoners' Feet On Maundy Thursday - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope Francis Washes Prisoners' Feet On Maundy Thursday (24217 Views)

Pope Francis Kisses And Washes Feet Of Muslim, 4 Nigerian Catholics / PICS:Church Members Carry Their Pastor Because His Feet Must Not Touch The Floor / Maundy Thursday - The Beginning Of Easter Triduum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pope Francis Washes Prisoners' Feet On Maundy Thursday by Nobody: 10:11am On Mar 29, 2013
frosbel: Don't let anyone deceive you in any way. For that day will not come unless the apostasy comes first and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the son of destruction.He will oppose and will exalt himself over everything that is called God or is worshiped, so that he sets himself up in God's temple, proclaiming himself to be God - 2 Thessalonians 2:3 - 4

The Temple here is GOD's people , he sits above the people of GOD in the temple claiming to be GOD.

Cardinal Sarto, who became Pope Pius X, said this:
The Pope represents Jesus Christ Himself...i

In 1512 Christopher Marcellus said this to Pope Julius II:
Take care that we lose not that salvation, that life and breath which thou hast given us, for thou art our shepherd, thou art our physician, thou art our governor, thou art our husbandman, thou art finally another God on earth (emphasis added).iii

Just recently, in 2004, Bishop Patrick Dunn of Auckland said this:
"It seems that Pope John Paul II now presides over the universal Church from his place upon Christ's cross.iv

The Gloss of Extravagantes of Pope John XXII says this:
But to believe that our Lord God the Pope the establisher of said decretal, and of this, could not decree, as he did decree, should be accounted heretical (emphasis added).v

I will not be deceived by the MAN of SIN , in fact he has been around for over 1000 years in the form of the office he occupies and has done more damage to the cause of Christ than any other religion, group or people

We will not bow before the Pontifex Maximus , his lies and deceptions.

The Doctrine of Papal Infallibility is UnBiblical

It is clear that "the Popes have never reproved or rejected this title"xii of blasphemy and flattery, but the Bible does not support the belief of papal infallibility. It declares that "all of sinned and come short of the glory of God" (Roman 3:23).This includes the Pope. These boasts of the Papal State fulfill the Bible's prediction of what the Antichrist power would do:

And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws...(Daniel 7:25).

And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months. And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven (Revelation 13:5-6).

Source
Re: Pope Francis Washes Prisoners' Feet On Maundy Thursday by vanstanzy(m): 10:15am On Mar 29, 2013
All others that see something wrong with what the Pope did,

don't merit being argued with. IF U DON'T LIKE WHAT HE DID, DO UR OWN, SIMPLE! smiley smiley smiley

2 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Washes Prisoners' Feet On Maundy Thursday by vanstanzy(m): 10:15am On Mar 29, 2013
smiley smiley smiley
Re: Pope Francis Washes Prisoners' Feet On Maundy Thursday by vanstanzy(m): 10:19am On Mar 29, 2013
All u who see something wrong with what the Pope did,

don't merit being argued with. IF U DON'T LIKE WHAT HE DID, DO UR OWN, SIMPLE! smiley smiley smiley
Re: Pope Francis Washes Prisoners' Feet On Maundy Thursday by maumau1: 10:20am On Mar 29, 2013
frosbel: Deception.

Jesuits are dangerous.

This MAN wants to bring all Christians under mother church , and guess what, many , many will be deceived.

"For false messiahs and false prophets will appear and perform signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect." - Mark 13:22

evil mind
Re: Pope Francis Washes Prisoners' Feet On Maundy Thursday by Nobody: 10:22am On Mar 29, 2013
maumau1:

evil mind

Thank You !
Re: Pope Francis Washes Prisoners' Feet On Maundy Thursday by chuqudy(m): 11:26am On Mar 29, 2013
frosbel:

So the Pope is now Christ ? SMH.

Besides Jesus did it in a small room with only his disciples present , and to show them that if he their master could do it , they should do it to each other.

False religion always does things for show , while true religion does things in secret and out of true humility.

You are contradicting yourself. Let me explain it to you simply. Jesus kissed the feet of His disciples so that they may learn to be humble and to do it to others just as you sayed. Now, the Pope has learnt this humility from Christ and is doing it to others so that they may learn to be humble and to do it to others. The whole thing continues. The Pope has no private life. He is always followed by the media. Whatever the Pope does now, it would be seen in the news immediately. Moreover, the issue of washing and kissing the feet is a historic ritual done on Holy Thursdays in every Roman Catholic Church, Eastern Orthodox Church, Coptic Church, Some Anglican Churches etc. to commemorate what Christ did. Some times I wonder how the brains of some people function. You in particular. Almost all your posts in nairaland look like what a computer literate goat posted.

3 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Washes Prisoners' Feet On Maundy Thursday by Nobody: 11:31am On Mar 29, 2013
chuqudy:

You are contradicting yourself. Let me explain it to you simply. Jesus kissed the feet of His disciples so that they may learn to be humble and to do it to others just as you sayed.

Jesus Christ did not kiss the feet of his disciples , he washed their feet.

Jesus Christ washed the feet of repentant believers , he did not wash the feet of unrepentant criminals

Jesus Christ washed the feet in a room with his disciples, not out in the open

Jesus Christ had a real humility that flowed from him, he did not need to do anything for show , especially for applause from the authorities or media.

3 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Washes Prisoners' Feet On Maundy Thursday by GMartyns(f): 11:49am On Mar 29, 2013

Jesuits are dangerous.

This MAN wants to bring all Christians under mother church , and guess what, many , many will be deceived.

"For false messiahs and false prophets will appear and perform signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect." - Mark 13:22

Thank God you termed it "Mother Church" which is the Church founded by Christ Himself. Where else do you want christians to be found if not in the mother church?
I gues you have only interpreted that portion of the sciptures by your own folly not considering the Biblical fact that Jesus did the same to His desciples and He commanded them to do the same.

I believe you have only decieved yourself by your comments indicating your degree of pride as well as your little knowlegde about Christ Himself.
Re: Pope Francis Washes Prisoners' Feet On Maundy Thursday by chuqudy(m): 11:49am On Mar 29, 2013
frosbel:

Jesus Christ washed the feet of repentant believers , he did not wash the feet of unrepentant criminals

Jesus Christ had a real humility that flowed from him, he did not need to do anything for show , especially for applause from the authorities or media.

If Jesus was the one in this modern time that did what the Pope did , it would also be in the media. Do I need to tell you that during the time of Jesus, the media was not as it was today. They have their own way of recording events. That was why you saw it in the bible that Jesus washed the feet of His disciples including that of Judas(who betrayed Him and Peter who denied Him). Peter repented later and was forgiven while Judas regretted what he did and hanged himself(I cant say that Judas went to hell). You corrected me that Jesus washed feet and not kissing feet. That is in line with what the original poster posted "Pope Francis Washes Prisoners' Feet On Maundy Thursday". According to the poster, the Pope did it in a prison(detention center) and not in your village square. I have known your type of person. You are the type that likes blind argument. I swear that I will never reply your posts again. I beg your forgiveness for today.

2 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Washes Prisoners' Feet On Maundy Thursday by mankand(m): 11:54am On Mar 29, 2013
hypocrisy
Re: Pope Francis Washes Prisoners' Feet On Maundy Thursday by Nobody: 11:55am On Mar 29, 2013
G'Martyns:

Thank God you termed it "Mother Church" which is the Church founded by Christ Himself. Where else do you want christians to be found if not in the mother church?
I gues you have only interpreted that portion of the sciptures by your own folly not considering the Biblical fact that Jesus did the same to His desciples and He commanded them to do the same.

I believe you have only decieved yourself by your comments indicating your degree of pride as well as your little knowlegde about Christ Himself.

Mother church with a qualification, it is actually described in Revelation 17:5, read it up.
Re: Pope Francis Washes Prisoners' Feet On Maundy Thursday by mankand(m): 11:55am On Mar 29, 2013
G'Martyns:

Catholic been founded by Christ? ya'll joking right?

Re: Pope Francis Washes Prisoners' Feet On Maundy Thursday by jidewin(m): 12:05pm On Mar 29, 2013

Jesuits are dangerous.

Frosbel how is this a deception for heaven sake? You detest catholismn yes,but tone down your hatred.It rubs off any positive personality about you,even on other forums.This is an act of humility and acceptance, contrary to rejection prisoners suffers outside the prison walls.Please! angry

4 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Washes Prisoners' Feet On Maundy Thursday by GMartyns(f): 12:19pm On Mar 29, 2013
frosbel:

Mother church with a qualification, it is actually described in Revelation 17:5, read it up.

I bet you love reading your own bible like you read magazines and newspapers such that you give your own interpration of it as though you were the one who wrote the Holy book.

You just quote some portions of scriptures literally.

Now i know your type of person.
I'l only advice you to stop quoting the scriptures like Lucifer quoted scriptures while tempting Jesus...

Go and develop your study faculty, it will help....
Re: Pope Francis Washes Prisoners' Feet On Maundy Thursday by Nobody: 12:31pm On Mar 29, 2013
jidewin:
Frosbel how is this a deception for heaven sake? You detest catholismn yes,but tone down your hatred.It rubs off any positive personality about you,even on other forums.This is an act of humility and acceptance, contrary to rejection prisoners suffers outside the prison walls.Please! angry

I do not hate Catholics by any stretch of the imagination, I hate the false system that is sending my brothers and sisters to an eternity without God.

The Pope does not represent Christ in any form or shape.
Re: Pope Francis Washes Prisoners' Feet On Maundy Thursday by Biggyd2: 12:51pm On Mar 29, 2013
What is the problem here? Is this not supposed to be symbolic? I think it means that those in authority should actually be servants to those who put them there. But what do we see in the world today?undecided Our dear country is a very good example. lipsrsealed undecided

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Washes Prisoners' Feet On Maundy Thursday by vanstanzy(m): 1:02pm On Mar 29, 2013
Biggyd2: What is the problem here? Is this not supposed to be symbolic? I think it means that those in authority should actually be servants to those who put them there. But what do we see in the world today?undecided Our dear country is a very good example. lipsrsealed undecided

Well said! Just leave all these ignoramuses and false prophets that are against what the Pope did, to their slow

mentality. undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Washes Prisoners' Feet On Maundy Thursday by ekytessy(f): 1:04pm On Mar 29, 2013
frosbel: Don't let anyone deceive you in any way. For that day will not come unless the apostasy comes first and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the son of destruction.He will oppose and will exalt himself over everything that is called God or is worshiped, so that he sets himself up in God's temple, proclaiming himself to be God - 2 Thessalonians 2:3 - 4

The Temple here is GOD's people , he sits above the people of GOD in the temple claiming to be GOD.

Cardinal Sarto, who became Pope Pius X, said this:
The Pope represents Jesus Christ Himself...i

In 1512 Christopher Marcellus said this to Pope Julius II:
Take care that we lose not that salvation, that life and breath which thou hast given us, for thou art our shepherd, thou art our physician, thou art our governor, thou art our husbandman, thou art finally another God on earth (emphasis added).iii

Just recently, in 2004, Bishop Patrick Dunn of Auckland said this:
"It seems that Pope John Paul II now presides over the universal Church from his place upon Christ's cross.iv

The Gloss of Extravagantes of Pope John XXII says this:
But to believe that our Lord God the Pope the establisher of said decretal, and of this, could not decree, as he did decree, should be accounted heretical (emphasis added).v

I will not be deceived by the MAN of SIN , in fact he has been around for over 1000 years in the form of the office he occupies and has done more damage to the cause of Christ than any other religion, group or people

We will not bow before the Pontifex Maximus , his lies and deceptions.

The Doctrine of Papal Infallibility is UnBiblical

It is clear that "the Popes have never reproved or rejected this title"xii of blasphemy and flattery, but the Bible does not support the belief of papal infallibility. It declares that "all of sinned and come short of the glory of God" (Roman 3:23). This includes the Pope. These boasts of the Papal State fulfill the Bible's prediction of what the Antichrist power would do:
And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws...(Daniel 7:25).

And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months. And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven (Revelation 13:5-6).

Source
am sorry for u because u are dead already, d evil spirit in u will not let u live.
Re: Pope Francis Washes Prisoners' Feet On Maundy Thursday by dokie: 1:31pm On Mar 29, 2013
deols:

You keep drooling over my name. Frosbel is a christian..

Wouldnt mind having him in our fold though.

Frosbel dear, you are welcome smiley

what church does frosbel go to? i have asked him this in another thread and he has refused to answer. after reading his posts, i believe he is a product and a victim of a 19th or 20th century american false prophet like charles russels of jehover's witness and thier likes. i am almost certain that frosbel does not believe in the trinity, or that jesus is God himself.
until i am convinced otherwise, frosbel is not a christian.
Re: Pope Francis Washes Prisoners' Feet On Maundy Thursday by Nobody: 1:50pm On Mar 29, 2013
dokie:

what church does frosbel go to? i have asked him this in another thread and he has refused to answer. after reading his posts, i believe he is a product and a victim of a 19th or 20th century american false prophet like charles russels of jehover's witness and thier likes. i am almost certain that frosbel does not believe in the trinity, or that jesus is God himself.
until i am convinced otherwise, frosbel is not a christian.

The Trinity is a PAGAN catholic doctrine that she has passed on to her many harlot daughters.

"babylon the great

the mother of prostitutes

and of the abominations of the earth." - Revelation 17:5

Jesus is the SON of GOD and GOD is GOD.

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Washes Prisoners' Feet On Maundy Thursday by hurricaneChris: 2:25pm On Mar 29, 2013
frosbel:

The Trinity is a PAGAN catholic doctrine that she has passed on to her many harlot daughters.

"babylon the great

the mother of prostitutes

and of the abominations of the earth." - Revelation 17:5

Jesus is the SON of GOD and GOD is GOD.

Like the great Chinua Achebe wud say; " If u don't like my book, write urs"

The holy Father has done what the church thinks and believes is right, if u or any body doesn't like it, do urs!!

I think this is one of the adverse effects of unemployment in d country. ....you have replied virtually all d comments in this thread. Hahahahaha

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Washes Prisoners' Feet On Maundy Thursday by Nobody: 2:28pm On Mar 29, 2013
hurricaneChris:

Like the great Chinua Achebe wud say; " If u don't like my book, write urs"

The holy Father has done what the church thinks and believes is right, if u or any body doesn't like it, do urs!!

I think this is one of the adverse effects of unemployment in d country. ....you have replied virtually all d comments in this thread. Hahahahaha

His church and not GOD's church smiley

God's church has a different head who is Christ and it also has a different teacher, the Holy Spirit. wink
Re: Pope Francis Washes Prisoners' Feet On Maundy Thursday by Willgates(m): 2:35pm On Mar 29, 2013
lipsrsealed
Re: Pope Francis Washes Prisoners' Feet On Maundy Thursday by Chomzy19(f): 3:25pm On Mar 29, 2013

Jesuits are dangerous.

my dear keep ur thoughts to urself, only FOOLs speak without evidence. Filled with such hate for a person u don't know, yet u qoute d bible, u didn't see love ur neighbour as yourself in that ur bible. No wonder they say even d devil qoutes d bible
Re: Pope Francis Washes Prisoners' Feet On Maundy Thursday by Chomzy19(f): 3:30pm On Mar 29, 2013
frosbel:

I do not hate Catholics by any stretch of the imagination, I hate the false system that is sending my brothers and sisters to an eternity without God.

The Pope does not represent Christ in any form or shape.
oh shut up, ur hate spews out wit every word u write.if there is anyone going to an eternity without God, it is You(watever ur true identity is) cos u re filled with hate n God is love.
Re: Pope Francis Washes Prisoners' Feet On Maundy Thursday by Chomzy19(f): 3:34pm On Mar 29, 2013
[quote author=mankand][/quote] no it is founded by you not christ. You can't even qoute. Mtcheeew Every breathing thing wants to comment
Re: Pope Francis Washes Prisoners' Feet On Maundy Thursday by Chomzy19(f): 3:43pm On Mar 29, 2013
frosbel:

so because a person is in prison, d person is an unrepentant criminal.in dis age n tym, hw will d washing of d feet not be videod, bsyds u said christ didn't do it for show yet we know of it, so hw come dis one is now for show. N what do u mean christ did not kiss their feet, so because christ didn't perform any miracle curing cancer patients, such miracles shld not b performed. Christ gave an example he didn't say dis must be done. D problem wit u, u re reasoning from a place other than ur brain.
Re: Pope Francis Washes Prisoners' Feet On Maundy Thursday by livebullet(m): 3:57pm On Mar 29, 2013
Nwa_Nimo: Sales gimmick . . .

If na 'naija pope' him go kiss person sh.iite self for 'collections'.

Na wayo . . . .

this act isn't different from Jesus washing the feet of the apostles, Jesus bn baptised by a desert wanderer, or Jesus riding on an ass even as king of the universe.....hope ur sinful tongue finds a vocabulary 4 these humble acts of the Lord!

Father forgive him( Nwa_Nimo) for he know not what condemnation he brings upon himself with his utterance.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

12 Characters You'll Meet In Any Campus Fellowship / Elections Will Be Free And Fair – Pastor Kumuyi / The Lord's Supper And The 144,000 Anointed Jehovah Witnesses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.