Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,867 members, 7,810,299 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:23 AM

Pope Francis Washes Prisoners' Feet On Maundy Thursday - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope Francis Washes Prisoners' Feet On Maundy Thursday (24215 Views)

Pope Francis Kisses And Washes Feet Of Muslim, 4 Nigerian Catholics / PICS:Church Members Carry Their Pastor Because His Feet Must Not Touch The Floor / Maundy Thursday - The Beginning Of Easter Triduum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pope Francis Washes Prisoners' Feet On Maundy Thursday by bodmasfem(m): 4:07pm On Mar 29, 2013
If u read John 13, u will observe that (1)Jesus did not wash the feet of any prisoner bt only his disciples(2)Jesus did not kiss their feet(3)Jesus did not do it openly bt in a closed door with the desciples

2 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Washes Prisoners' Feet On Maundy Thursday by peteregwu(m): 5:55pm On Mar 29, 2013
i don come again o. i just they pass, i come say make i stop greet u na. now pope dey wash, people leg, some catholic people dey cry...am very sorry for you people. i hope chukwudi is here? is he also crying? the day i will start appreciating God over catholic is the time they will start preahing like Jesus, by saying, "repent for the kingdom is at hand. for the bible says, except a mn be born again, he can not see the kingdom of God." but now, what they do is deception.
Re: Pope Francis Washes Prisoners' Feet On Maundy Thursday by peteregwu(m): 5:57pm On Mar 29, 2013
bodmasfem: If u read John 13, u will observe that (1)Jesus did not wash the feet of any prisoner bt only his disciples(2)Jesus did not kiss their feet(3)Jesus did not do it openly bt in a closed door with the desciples

so true!
Re: Pope Francis Washes Prisoners' Feet On Maundy Thursday by Ammyng(f): 5:59pm On Mar 29, 2013
Sorry but thats gross and I think he is just trying to hard. I guess to make up from whats been going on in Catholic community
Re: Pope Francis Washes Prisoners' Feet On Maundy Thursday by peteregwu(m): 6:15pm On Mar 29, 2013
Slickest: Omo na der dem fit dey kiss feet oo...if he comes 2 kirikiri in lagos he has 2 use dettol 2 wash dose legs...I doubt he'll touch those legs....

laugh won kill me for here, all my ribs din finish. i don laugh tire.
Re: Pope Francis Washes Prisoners' Feet On Maundy Thursday by Nobody: 6:33pm On Mar 29, 2013
Being a muslim
i am proud of the pope for showing such humility
Re: Pope Francis Washes Prisoners' Feet On Maundy Thursday by bleufaucon: 7:58pm On Mar 29, 2013
The devilish religion of catholicism that claims infallibility of the pope is here exposed as fraud haven sanctified wars that claimed many lives coming from history;murdered princes by the hand of the revered jesuits of Loyola of which this Pontif belongs. May flames of fire,kindled from the pure blood of the innocents destroy this debased institution that has gotten Black Africans mesmerized be consumed! All they do is to pray for the poor,the needy and the destitute while they sit in affluence of immense proportions. Falling into the depths of their riches will take one several centuries to reach the base. Shame on all Africans still embracing this evil sect!

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Washes Prisoners' Feet On Maundy Thursday by Nobody: 8:23pm On Mar 29, 2013
bleufaucon: The devilish religion of catholicism that claims infallibility of the pope is here exposed as fraud haven sanctified wars that claimed many lives coming from history;murdered princes by the hand of the revered jesuits of Loyola of which this Pontif belongs. May flames of fire,kindled from the pure blood of the innocents destroy this debased institution that has gotten Black Africans mesmerized be consumed! All they do is to pray for the poor,the needy and the destitute while they sit in affluence of immense proportions. Falling into the depths of their riches will take one several centuries to reach the base. Shame on all Africans still embracing this evil sect!

I am happy there are many people like you who have their eyes wide open and are not conned by this farce.

To go one step further and expose their racism, why a black man will never be pope, in fact there was only one African pope ever and he was not black, more like mediterranean.

This is the institution that got involved in some horrible massacres in Rwanda, former Yugoslavia, Spain and a host of other recent devilish activities that they engaged in to the detriment of humanity.

Let us not even go back in history , the blood of millions will speak out against them on judgement day.
Re: Pope Francis Washes Prisoners' Feet On Maundy Thursday by ufumes(m): 8:32pm On Mar 29, 2013
dokie:

what church does frosbel go to? i have asked him this in another thread and he has refused to answer. after reading his posts, i believe he is a product and a victim of a 19th or 20th century american false prophet like charles russels of jehover's witness and thier likes. i am almost certain that frosbel does not believe in the trinity, or that jesus is God himself.
until i am convinced otherwise, frosbel is not a christian.
i also certain that he is not a Christian, my best bet is that he is Jehovah witness
Re: Pope Francis Washes Prisoners' Feet On Maundy Thursday by Nobody: 8:33pm On Mar 29, 2013
Lol @ hiding people's comments
Re: Pope Francis Washes Prisoners' Feet On Maundy Thursday by dokie: 8:35pm On Mar 29, 2013
frosbel:

The Trinity is a PAGAN catholic doctrine that she has passed on to her many harlot daughters.

"babylon the great

the mother of prostitutes

and of the abominations of the earth." - Revelation 17:5

Jesus is the SON of GOD and GOD is GOD.

ah, i was right. i knew it from the tone of your posts that you are not a christian but belong to a sect. you see frosbel, the catholic church teaches that a fellowship of people that reject the age long dogma of the Trinity, that Jesus Christ is God as is the Holy Spirit, is not a christian fellowship but a sect. i can afford to discuss issues on catholicism with regular protestants and pentecostals because they are christians, but not you. You belong to a sect formed by one false prophet, who probably has lied to you that there is no fire in hell since the dead know nothing amongst many other falsehoods. your refusal to accept the Trinitarian dogma limits or totally eliminates the ability of the Holy Spirit to operate in your life. as such you cannot gain new knowledge. the only knowledge you have is that handed over to you by the founder of your sect who is a false prophet and by extension an agent of the devil. this is the knowledge you will live and die with except a miracle of deliverance happens, because you are under the grip of the strong man the devil. this being the case, you are One feet deep in hell already. it is possible that you have not even been baptized, and even if you have, probably not in the name of the father and of the son and of the Holy Spirit. what ever the case is frosbel on a serious note you need the real Jesus christ, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit in your life and not that jesus taught in your sect who is not God but maybe just an angel as jehovers witness say.

2 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Washes Prisoners' Feet On Maundy Thursday by Nobody: 9:01pm On Mar 29, 2013
[quote author=dokie]

ah, i was right. i knew it from the tone of your posts that you are not a christian but belong to a sect. you see frosbel,

Says the one who believes he eats the body of Christ each time he goes for mass .

the catholic church teaches that a fellowship of people that reject the age long dogma of the Trinity, that Jesus Christ is God as is the Holy Spirit, is not a christian fellowship but a sect.

Oh yes, I know that , and your mother church that supposedly follows Christ killed thousands of such people. It's a well known fact that those who hold unto false religion are always the ones to initiate killings and massacres of those who reject their heresies.

Jesus is not GOD, he is the Son of GOD.

Even demons knew better than you when they said :
"He shouted at the top of his voice, "What do you want with me, Jesus, Son of the Most High God? In God's name don't torture me!" - Mark 5:7

And Peter called him :
"Simon Peter answered, "You are the Christ, the Son of the living God." - Matthew 16:16

Even SATAN the father of all wickedness and evil called him Son of GOD :
" The tempter came to him and said, "If you are the Son of God, tell these stones to become bread." - Matthew 4:3

Appears you know something that Peter, demons and SATAN do not know.

i can afford to discuss issues on catholicism with regular protestants and pentecostals because they are christians, but not you.

I was once a Catholic, all I can say is thank GOD i left smiley

You belong to a sect formed by one false prophet,

The False Prophet is your Pope, who calls himself God and usurps the position of Christ on earth, this is his end :
"But the beast was captured, and with it the false prophet who had performed the signs on its behalf. With these signs he had deluded those who had received the mark of the beast and worshiped its image. The two of them were thrown alive into the fiery lake of burning sulfur." - Revelation 19:20

who probably has lied to you that there is no fire in hell since the dead know nothing amongst many other falsehoods.

I stick to bible truths not tradition.

The dead are dead.

There is a resurrection when all the dead will rise , some to everlasting life and some to damnation.
Re: Pope Francis Washes Prisoners' Feet On Maundy Thursday by heisenberg33: 9:32pm On Mar 29, 2013
[quote author=frosbel][/quote]

I resisted the urge to comment in many of your posts which appear both spiritually and even intellectually vacuous but i couldn't. Indeed you appear more like a charlatan or a gas bag.....When Christ appeared to Thomas and showed him his hands and his sides, what did Thomas exclaim??.....My lord and my God......Mr Frosbel can you tell me who he was referring to?? In case you believe he was referring to Jesus, why was he not rebuked by Jesus I am not one who cares about cramming/memorizing bible verses in an egregious attempt to portray myself as being spiritually savvy to the public, but then again i want you to read through various gospels especially John where Jesus made statements like: "I and the father are one"..........Also read the 1st chapter of the gospel of John, in the beginning was the word.......he referred to the word as God....then peruse through to verse 14 of same chapter...and he said the word became flesh and dwelt among us.....This is analogous to saying God became flesh and dwelt among us...So prove to me Jesus was not man and God and the same time...........The problem with religious sects like yours is that you try to understand everything with your human intelligence, you do not know that somethings are mysteries and this is one case...And the result is lots of half-baked, self-styled, spurious men of God masquerading with the veneer of religion and claiming false calls by God
Re: Pope Francis Washes Prisoners' Feet On Maundy Thursday by Nobody: 9:40pm On Mar 29, 2013
^^^^

I do not belong to any denomination. smiley

Many of them are your daughters, read revelation 17:5
Re: Pope Francis Washes Prisoners' Feet On Maundy Thursday by peteregwu(m): 9:41pm On Mar 29, 2013
[quote author=Farayolas]Being a muslim
Re: Pope Francis Washes Prisoners' Feet On Maundy Thursday by peteregwu(m): 9:41pm On Mar 29, 2013
Farayolas: Being a muslim

then be your brothers now..u don forget? no be d same chaplet u na dey use?
Re: Pope Francis Washes Prisoners' Feet On Maundy Thursday by peteregwu(m): 9:44pm On Mar 29, 2013
frosbel: ^^^^

I do not belong to any denomination. smiley

Many of them are your daughters, read revelation 17:5

that means u dont go to church, hope dats nt d case with?
Re: Pope Francis Washes Prisoners' Feet On Maundy Thursday by Nobody: 9:46pm On Mar 29, 2013
peteregwu:

that means u dont go to church, hope dats nt d case with?

I fellowship , the people are the church , we do not go to the church , we are the church.

There is one church or body of believers not more than 1.

"There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called to one hope when you were called;" - Ephesians 4:4
Re: Pope Francis Washes Prisoners' Feet On Maundy Thursday by peteregwu(m): 9:49pm On Mar 29, 2013
heisenberg33:

I resisted the urge to comment in many of your posts which appear both spiritually and even intellectually vacuous but i couldn't. Indeed you appear more like a charlatan or a gas bag.....When Christ appeared to Thomas and showed him his hands and his sides, what did Thomas exclaim??.....My lord and my God......Mr Frosbel can you tell me who he was referring to?? In case you believe he was referring to Jesus, why was he not rebuked by Jesus I am not one who cares about cramming/memorizing bible verses in an egregious attempt to portray myself as being spiritually savvy to the public, but then again i want you to read through various gospels especially John where Jesus made statements like: "I and the father are one"..........Also read the 1st chapter of the gospel of John, in the beginning was the word.......he referred to the word as God....then peruse through to verse 14 of same chapter...and he said the word became flesh and dwelt among us.....This is analogous to saying God became flesh and dwelt among us...So prove to me Jesus was not man and God and the same time...........The problem with religious sects like yours is that you try to understand everything with your human intelligence, you do not know that somethings are mysteries and this is one case...And the result is lots of half-baked, self-styled, spurious men of God masquerading with the veneer of religion and claiming false calls by God

if men of God are halve baked, so, you are full baked abi? an u dont care to memorise the word of God...but you can memorise all the vocabularies u hav been using to poir insult on men of God, abi? mr guru.
Re: Pope Francis Washes Prisoners' Feet On Maundy Thursday by peteregwu(m): 9:55pm On Mar 29, 2013
frosbel:

I fellowship , the people are the church , we do not go to the church , we are the church.

There is one church or body of believers not more than 1.

"There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called to one hope when you were called;" - Ephesians 4:4

pls i know what u mean by that. pls the world have not ended and Jesus has not come. u need to be going to church to fellowship with brethren, it is very bad for someone who claims to he a believer in the Lord Jesus, and u dont go to church. too bad! a tree can not make a forest. even Jesus the head of the church fellowship with the apostles, those people going to church to pray and share the word of God are u better than them? my friend pray to God to show the true church where u can worship.
Re: Pope Francis Washes Prisoners' Feet On Maundy Thursday by Nobody: 9:57pm On Mar 29, 2013
^^^

I told you I fellowship ! smiley

Where two or three are gathered , Jesus is there .

I am very cautious in joining denominations which in many cases but not all, are inventions of MEN.

The church is everywhere, made up of believers who might or might not belong to denominations.

Most important thing is we meet to fellowship.
Re: Pope Francis Washes Prisoners' Feet On Maundy Thursday by peteregwu(m): 10:04pm On Mar 29, 2013
frosbel: ^^^

I told you I fellowship ! smiley

Where two or three are gathered , Jesus is there .

I am very cautious in joining denominations which in many cases but not all, are inventions of MEN.

The church is everywhere, made up of believers who might or might not belong to denominations.

Most important thing is we meet to fellowship.

ok.
Re: Pope Francis Washes Prisoners' Feet On Maundy Thursday by Nobody: 10:08pm On Mar 29, 2013
The Catholic church is satanic and barbaric..christians are brainless cows
Muslim are brainless terrorists.

Let's go back to our roots/traditions

Save Africa kick those foreign religions out of our continent.

Imagine there were no Islam and Christianity
That means no bokoharam no Muslims killing Christians, no Africans killing their countrymen over useless religion.

Stop being brainwashed.

Proudly PAGAN
Re: Pope Francis Washes Prisoners' Feet On Maundy Thursday by heisenberg33: 10:09pm On Mar 29, 2013
peteregwu:

if men of God are halve baked, so, you are full baked abi? an u dont care to memorise the word of God...but you can memorise all the vocabularies u hav been using to poir insult on men of God, abi? mr guru.

There is no denying the fact that there are lots of bogus men of God today. The economy of our dear country is also not helping matters because opening a church seems to be the fastest growing business, and very soon some of them will start enlisting in the Nigerian stock exchange. The thing is the more the overall health of the economy plummets, the more poverty holds sway, and the more gullible people become, and hence there will always be smart Nigerians who will take advantage of them from the spiritual angle, and hence more churches. That not withstanding, there may be an infinitesimally negligible few..............Secondly, why should i stuff my brain cramming bible verses just to give people the impression i read the bible??That is what i call spiritual grand-standing and razzmatazz. The brain should be used for thinking out new things and not a ware house for facts.......cramming makes the brain do the latter
Re: Pope Francis Washes Prisoners' Feet On Maundy Thursday by Nobody: 10:12pm On Mar 29, 2013
undecided
[ The Catholic church is satanic and barbaric..christians are brainless cows Muslim are brainless terrorists.

Let's go back to our roots/traditions

Save Africa kick those foreign religions out of our continent.

Imagine there were no Islam and Christianity That means no bokoharam no Muslims killing Christians, no Africans killing their countrymen over useless religion.

Stop being brainwashed.

Proudly PAGAN quote author=heisenberg33]

There is no denying the fact that there are lots of bogus men of God today. The economy of our dear country is also not helping matters because opening a church seems to be the fastest growing business, and very soon some of them will start enlisting in the Nigerian stock exchange. The thing is the more the overall health of the economy plummets, the more poverty holds sway, and the more gullible people become, and hence there will always be smart Nigerians who will take advantage of them from the spiritual angle, and hence more churches. That not withstanding, there may be an infinitesimally negligible few..............Secondly, why should i stuff my brain cramming bible verses just to give people the impression i read the bible??That is what i call spiritual grand-standing and razzmatazz. The brain should be used for thinking out new things and not a ware house for facts.......cramming makes the brain do the latter [/quote]
Re: Pope Francis Washes Prisoners' Feet On Maundy Thursday by Nobody: 10:20pm On Mar 29, 2013
^^^

and Pagans are what.

Is this what you should be proud of ?

wink wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

12 Characters You'll Meet In Any Campus Fellowship / Can I Believe God But Not Jesus And Still Make Heaven? / The Lord's Supper And The 144,000 Anointed Jehovah Witnesses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.