Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,285 members, 7,818,964 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:04 AM

Best Times To Get Your Prayers Accepted - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Best Times To Get Your Prayers Accepted (45971 Views)

Best Times To Make Dua (supplication) / Prayers For Couples Trying To Conceive A Child (TTC) / For All Especially Muslims: Best Times To Make Dua' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best Times To Get Your Prayers Accepted by Revolva(m): 12:33pm On Apr 12, 2013
what time pls.....6 o clock or wat
Re: Best Times To Get Your Prayers Accepted by beejaay: 12:40pm On Apr 12, 2013
femi4: why wil my prayer being answered/accepted attached to a particular time?

my brother there are deeper meaning to everyting Mai-Suya posted only if we can reflect (they are automatic and not something that is out of the blue) for example
the prayer of the oppressed ( when u are oppressed u will noticed that great amount of energy is produced in our body which we eventually channeled into negativity. Prophet just said instead of channeling the energy into negativity, why not not into positivity; its just attraction) i have always said there is a tin line between science and spirituality). if we can look then we can know, we shouldnt just go by the word we read,try to go deep into the actual meaning they hold
The prayer during sujud also has meaning ( the whole energy position in our body becomes so close together when we are on sujud, thus we can easily harnessed this and make it work in our favour.

when we look and reflect into the deeper meaning of all this words, we will be amazed at what we will find out.

Ma Salam
Re: Best Times To Get Your Prayers Accepted by sleekch1c(f): 12:42pm On Apr 12, 2013
My God answers prayers any day,any time....all I have to do is pray,believe and give thanx.I love where I belong!

1 Like

Re: Best Times To Get Your Prayers Accepted by beejaay: 12:49pm On Apr 12, 2013
PEN_MIGHT: Your parents pray for you in this life and u get to benefit from it. Your parents die and they look forward to you to pray for them, their actions eternally discontinued!

What an irony! I say what a beautiful religion!

you dont get it bros. when we say ur parent prayers get answered its because of the type of Love between them and you (if you wanna see the purest form of Love checkout a child who is been sent to jail, the parents will still be right behind to give support and that is love. love is the only weapon that can solve and win any war) so when Prophet said your parents it only a similitude of what Love can do.

and when we say we pray for them when they die, its also a similitude of Love (No one can intercede for another. i hope you understand me)
Re: Best Times To Get Your Prayers Accepted by Fishout(m): 1:44pm On Apr 12, 2013
l thanked ALLAH dat i'm a muslim.
Re: Best Times To Get Your Prayers Accepted by deols(f): 1:57pm On Apr 12, 2013
beejaay:

you dont get it bros. when we say ur parent prayers get answered its because of the type of Love between them and you (if you wanna see the purest form of Love checkout a child who is been sent to jail, the parents will still be right behind to give support and that is love. love is the only weapon that can solve and win any war) so when Prophet said your parents it only a similitude of what Love can do.

and when we say we pray for them when they die, its also a similitude of Love (No one can intercede for another. i hope you understand me)

That he doesnt interpret it the way you.do doesnt mean he doesn't get it. I wonder where you get your explanations from
Re: Best Times To Get Your Prayers Accepted by Hebunn(m): 2:11pm On Apr 12, 2013
I'm not a Muslim but I kinda like dis post. Pls wat is "DUAS" Nice post anyway.
Re: Best Times To Get Your Prayers Accepted by deols(f): 2:25pm On Apr 12, 2013
Hebunn: I'm not a Muslim but I kinda like dis post. Pls wat is "DUAS" Nice post anyway.

prayer or adura

adura is a yoruba word borrowed from the arabic, dua
Re: Best Times To Get Your Prayers Accepted by PENMIGHT(m): 2:51pm On Apr 12, 2013
deols: SS3

shows the benefit of going early to the mosque for prayers especially the male folks.

Between athan and iqamah..a lot can be said only if u are early enough.

May Allah make it easy.
You spoke the truth. The prophet said " Adua'u bayna al-adhan w-al iqama, laa yu roodu". The dua offered between the athan and the Iqamah is not rejected.

Also, the following times are established with textual evidences to be times for acceptance of dua':

(1) When the rooster crows- You seek Allah's blessing at this time cos it signifies it seeing an angel, and you seek Allah's refuge when the dog barks cos it might ve seen a shayatin.

(2) Dua offered @ Arafat

(3) The last third part of the night- For Allaah descends at this time to the sama'a ad-dunya (lowest heaven) saying " Who will ask Me, and I grant his request. Who will seek My Forgiveness, and pardon him".

(4) At the point of Iftar- The dua upon breaking the fast is not rejected.

(5) Asking Allaah by His Most Beautiful Names- The Prophet(peace on him) heard a sahabah supplicating with Allaah's name ( As-samad, Lam ya lid..,) . He said you have asked Allaah by what no one will ask except that he is answered. To Him belongs the Most beautiful Names and Attributes.

(6). After making 'a perfect ablution and offering two raka'ah'- Whoever perfects his ablution, prays with khushoo(serenity) maintaining concentration then ask Allaah, his request shall be answered.

(7) 'in da Qunoot- this is not restricted to witr of tahajud alone. The prophet offers qunoot at times of severe circumstances. Such prayer,Ma sha Allaah, shall be accepted.

(cool Upon finishing recitation of the Qur'an- The Prophet said: ' When you recite the Qur'an, petition Allaah with it and do not petition human with it( this forbids collecting money for the purpose of reciting the Qur'an).

ALLAAH KNOWS BEST. PEACE AND BLESSINGS ON HIS PROPHET!

1 Like

Re: Best Times To Get Your Prayers Accepted by PENMIGHT(m): 3:00pm On Apr 12, 2013
beejaay:

I understand you bro. Thank you ,too!
But the Prophet (peace on him) will be granted intercession. Also a martyr will interceed for 70 members of his household!

That is by the way, anyway!
Re: Best Times To Get Your Prayers Accepted by Maisuya1: 3:00pm On Apr 12, 2013
Hebunn: I'm not a Muslim but I kinda like dis post. Pls wat is "DUAS" Nice post anyway.

dua means suplications, prayers u make to Allah etc.
Re: Best Times To Get Your Prayers Accepted by bintalabi(f): 3:05pm On Apr 12, 2013
"Allahumma Anta Robbi la ilaha illa anta, Khalaqtani wa ana abduka wa ana ala ahadika wa wadika mastatatu, audhu bika min sharri ma sanatu, aboou laka bini'matika alaya, wa aboo'u bidhanbi faghfrirli fainnahu la yaghfirudh dhunooba illa anta"

1 Like

Re: Best Times To Get Your Prayers Accepted by bintalabi(f): 3:14pm On Apr 12, 2013
Oh Allah You are my Lord, there is no God but Your, You created me and i am Your slave, i keep Your convenant and my pledge to You so far as i am able, i seek refuge in You from the evil of creation, i recognize Your blessings upon me and i recognize my misdeeds, forgive me for there is none who may forgive sin but you

2 Likes

Re: Best Times To Get Your Prayers Accepted by PENMIGHT(m): 3:19pm On Apr 12, 2013
sleekch1c: My God answers prayers any day,any time....all I have to do is pray,believe and give thanx.I love where I belong!
'God created heavens and Earth in 6 days and rested on the 7th day'. So I ask- Do God answer prayer when He goes on weekend?

Islam believes 'He created heavens and earth in 6 days and did not feel fatigued'. So He attends to the human needs everyday and He does it specially at some instances in the day and night.

" All that is in the heavens and heart ask of him, EVERYDAY HE IS AT WORK. Which of the favours of your Lord will you both men and jinn denies?". -- Q 55 vs 29-30.

It's nice having you here-!

1 Like

Re: Best Times To Get Your Prayers Accepted by PENMIGHT(m): 3:20pm On Apr 12, 2013
sleekch1c: My God answers prayers any day,any time....all I have to do is pray,believe and give thanx.I love where I belong!
'God created heavens and Earth in 6 days and rested on the 7th day'. So I ask- Do God answer prayer when He goes on weekend?

Islam believes 'He created heavens and earth in 6 days and did not feel fatigued'. So He attends to the human needs everyday and He does it specially at some instances in the day and night.

" All that is in the heavens and earth ask of him, EVERYDAY HE IS AT WORK. Which of the favours of your Lord will you both men and jinn denies?". -- Q 55 vs 29-30.

It's nice having you here-!
Re: Best Times To Get Your Prayers Accepted by JFK68: 3:24pm On Apr 12, 2013
Jazakhallahu Khairan for dis beautiful piece, in addition, I'll advice dat we all seek for forgiveness first before goin further to ask for anything from Allah(SWA) and also, always pray for d dead muslims too. May Almighty Allah continue to guide us towards d straight path. Amiin.

1 Like

Re: Best Times To Get Your Prayers Accepted by chiclasweet: 3:28pm On Apr 12, 2013
i also heard after asr prayers on fridays. May Allah guide us aright,amin
Re: Best Times To Get Your Prayers Accepted by movado19: 3:54pm On Apr 12, 2013
@ Pen Might: Why would a mother curse her son because he decided to respond to Allah before her? There is a saying that when you are praying and your mother calls, answer her. True or not, could it be that the guy did not know any better, so he decided not to respond? What sort of mother curses her son because he did not answer?
Islam says paradise lays at the feet of a mother, but I beg to ask: Is it this kind of mother who throws "daggers" at her son all in the name of cursing? I think not!

I have come to observe that there are a lot of Islamic stories and hadiths we were fed as children and even now as a grown up,but it is important we all research them before accepting.
Allah in the glorious Qur'an tells us to think, so it is important we do so as regards every information we are fed.

The post is a very nice one, never the less.
Re: Best Times To Get Your Prayers Accepted by deols(f): 4:10pm On Apr 12, 2013
@Movado 19, I have the same sentiments as regards the story. I think I once heard it is fabricated. I am not sure though.
Re: Best Times To Get Your Prayers Accepted by Akiika: 4:16pm On Apr 12, 2013
Best times for making Dua

Middle of the night:
The Messenger (Peace and Blessing be upon him) said: "The Gates of Heaven are open at midnight, and a caller calls, 'Is there a supplicant that his supplication may be granted? Is there a petitioner that his petition maybe granted? Is there a distressed person so that his distress may be removed?' At that time, no Muslim makes a Dua but that it is answered, except for an adulteress who trades with her body, or a person who gathers his money unlawfully." [Sahih al-Jami' 2968]

At the time of Azan and between it and the Iqamah:
The Messenger (Peace and Blessings Be upon Him) said: "A Dua between Azan and the Iqamat is not refused, so make du'a at that time." [Ibn Khuzaymah, Ibn Hibban]
The Messenger (Peace and Blessing Be upon Him) said: "Two kinds of du'a are not rejected - or rarely are they rejected - du'a at the time of the call for prayer, and du'a at the time of fighting when the warriors are engaged with each other." [Abu Dawud]

On Friday after 'Asr:
The Messenger (Peace and Blessings Be upon Him) said: "Friday has twelve periods. Among them is a period when no Muslim asks Allah for anything but He grants it to him. Search for that period late after 'Asr." [Sahihal-Jami' 8402]

When it is raining:
The Messenger (Peace and Blessings Be upon Him) said: "Two kinds of du'a are not rejected: du'a at the time of the call for prayer, and du'a during rain." [Abu Dawud]

Being a parent, while fasting and while travelling:
The Messenger (sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) said: "Three types of du'a are undoubtedly granted: a parent's du'a for his children, du'a of a fasting person, and du'a of the traveller." [Abu Dawud]

While Making Sujood:
The Prophet (Peace and Blessings Be upon Him) said: "The servant is closest to his Lord while in sujud, so ask Allah in that time."

Laylatul-Qadr:
Aisha asked the Prophet (Peace and Blessings Be upon Him) What should I say on Laylatil-qadr? And he replied, "Allahuma inaka afuuin tuhibul afua Fahafu Anni"
O Allah, indeed you are a Pardoner,and you love pardon; so pardon me

keep me in your prayers
Re: Best Times To Get Your Prayers Accepted by gbadexy(m): 4:39pm On Apr 12, 2013
I can authoritatively tell you that I have experienced that of prayer of the wronged.
When I was in secondary school, our physics teacher that was very strict pointed ♍ƺ out for talking in the laboratory and he gave ♍ƺ some severe beating. He told ♍ƺ to touch •̸Ϟ•̸y toe and say thank you sir while beating ♍ƺ.
It was so painful and much more so because I felt I was wrongly punished and I swore for him that he would have accident and I think motor car would hit him.
The elderly man didn't finish teaching us that year, I was told he was hit by a car.
I didn't think much of it then much much more later upon reflection.
I also notice that if I feel cheated and intensely think about it and wish I can get •̸Ϟ•̸y revenge, I notice some minor discomfort from such person.
Although the acts of our extreme brothers and archaic practice such as honor killing, fatwah and so make ♍ƺ have doubts sometimes, but its verifiable facts like this and the speed of light revelation and revelations about two seas not mixing and very several scientifically verified revelations which I can relate with in the Quran that shakes off •̸Ϟ•̸y occasional skepticism.
The scientifically verifiable facts in the Quran CAN NOT be a fluke!
Re: Best Times To Get Your Prayers Accepted by Fadheelah(f): 5:18pm On Apr 12, 2013
May Allaah bless us with the prayer of our parents and safeguard us from deserving their wrath.[/quote]

Aameen
Re: Best Times To Get Your Prayers Accepted by TrebleChamp(m): 5:27pm On Apr 12, 2013
Subhanallah, very informative tread. Am so proud to be a muslim...

1 Like

Re: Best Times To Get Your Prayers Accepted by olajide21: 5:28pm On Apr 12, 2013
Alhamdullilah for a wonderful reminder!!!!... May Allah bestow upon you the best of eeman, insan, Takwa. May He ease your affairs and meet you at the point of your needs.. Asalam alaekum brother
Mai-suya:
Hi guys I just feel like sharing these treasures today. Before I get into the special secrete (open secrete to some) times for ASA (accelerated supplication acceptance). I will like to state a few things before hand.

According to our dear prophet (SAW) supplication is the sword of the believer , he (SAW) also told us that Allah is as u think of HIM (so make dua always and over everythin, coz Allah unlike us is pleased when u supplicate to Him, and ask with humility and with such conviction that Allah will answer u ), having two of this at the back of ur mind will put u in the best of mood for supplications.

SS 1(secrete sauce 1)

U know there are 3 set of special people that Allah stated that there are no barrier between Him and them when they make dua. In fact the prophet actually told us to fear the dua of one of them, as such duas are guaranteed to be accepted - that person is none other than the wronged soul ( a person oppressed, cheated etc). So when next u are oppressed (eg someone stole something very dear from u) rather than waste ur golden opportunity on cursing ur oppressor (even though Allah will deal with oppressors with or without ur dua, in this life, the next or both) I use mine to ask Allah for some pressing needs (I supplicatie so much during these kind of times that I often wonder how long does this golden window last smiley. )

SS 2

I once read a Hadith that when u pray for ur brother/sister (in Islam) angels ask for the same for you. (And u know between ur dua and that of angels which one has the most assurance of qubul? ). So when next u need a promotion or anything in life, look around for anyone in such need pray for him that Allah grants him that (he needs not know) and let the exalted angels who are closer to Allah than any of us ask Allah on ur behalf for that which ur heart desire.

SS 3

This one I call double barrel. The most loved to all of us (SAW) said that '...and when in sujud (during salat) strive to make dua, for u are most befitting to be answered', he (SAW) also said duas made between adhaan and iqaamah (call to prayer and standing for prayer resp.) are not rejected. So here is the recipe, between adhaan and start of prayer try to squeeze in some nawafil, and in ur sujud ask and ask and ask (until u hear the footstep of the imam entering the mosque) grin

SS 4 to infinity

When u r traveling, it is good time to make dua
When u have a guest/traveller he can make dua for u
Ur parents dua for u are very potent
Supplication when it's raining (for the rain is a form of Allah's mercy descending)

Pls feel free to add more if u have.

Finally note the etiquette of dua.
This was the dua of Yusuf/Joseph AS, after a fulfilled life in office in Egypt

“My Lord! Thou hast given me of the kingdom and taught me of the interpretation of sayings: Originator of the heavens and the earth! Thou art my guardian in this world and the hereafter; make me die a muslim and join me with the righteous " Q 12:101

And this was Yunus/Jonah AS in the belly of the whale

“There is no god but Thou: glory to Thee: I was indeed wrong!”

Note in this two instances these two great prophets made dua to Allah for particular needs, but rather than asking directly they glorified Allah and praised Him first and the tabled their requests.

Salaam

Re: Best Times To Get Your Prayers Accepted by Ayoobscom(m): 5:58pm On Apr 12, 2013
Bookmarked
Re: Best Times To Get Your Prayers Accepted by clemz85(m): 5:58pm On Apr 12, 2013
Am not a muslim but i realy do appreciate dis spiritual upliftment.how i wish B.H wil knw

@chrisdolla, by B.H i guess u meant brother hood?
Re: Best Times To Get Your Prayers Accepted by ajaolopa: 6:45pm On Apr 12, 2013
at op...may Allah (SWT) bless u abundantly for this...u know had to call my friends to pray for me in my exams (am also soliciting for brothers and sisters in the house to pray for me grin...the exam hard no be small and dis Major rank must be worn dis year Insha Allah...while i also pray Allah(SWT) answers us all and continue to make it easy for us) and for you too my brother i pray Allah bless and reward you abundandantly for this and grant you all your heart's desires and jannatu firdawsi.amin
and oh almost forgot...though am not very vast in the deen but i think i have read somewhere where it was said that waitin in the mosque between compulsory prayers is another good avenue to pray as the angels also pray for one during this tym (i especially use this period to ask for forgiveness)
Re: Best Times To Get Your Prayers Accepted by Walexz02(m): 7:26pm On Apr 12, 2013
Uhmmmm! This is reviving....may Allah reward you abundantly Op.
Jumat kareem!

1 Like

Re: Best Times To Get Your Prayers Accepted by ajaolopa: 7:28pm On Apr 12, 2013
igbeke: knowing and praying 2 d true God is the best tin in life, and not communing wit one unknown deity from an unknown planet.
d true GOD is neva on leave, so u can call on Him anytime of d day or any moments of d 9t. u know wat?
HE'LL ANSWER!
Bros or sista as d case may be...like u didnt really read the piece...they said best tyms to get your prayer accepted not only when it is accepted...and there is no point trying to camouflage your words Allah (SWT) is the ONE and ONLY true GOD...and HE is everywhere...in dis world and even the unknown planet u talk about...even you He is closer to you than your jugular vein...and if you like when your parents pray for you...rebuke them...and please lemme ask you when you sneeze what prayer do you make? or before entering the toilet and when coming out of it what supplication do you make?none am sure but that DEITY from an unknown planet you talk about has prescribed certain supplications for every situation...am sure you dont know dat and yet you want to form that thou pray at anytym....
Re: Best Times To Get Your Prayers Accepted by FiftyFifty(m): 7:45pm On Apr 12, 2013
Another superb piece indeed! Do keep d ball rolling... We‘ve every reason to thank Allah for His unique guidance upon us. Bro, Jazakallahu bi ahsani jazaal, ameen!!!
Re: Best Times To Get Your Prayers Accepted by NOIBMUUL(m): 8:05pm On Apr 12, 2013
Mai-suya:
Hi guys I just feel like sharing these treasures today. Before I get into the special secrete (open secrete to some) times for ASA (accelerated supplication acceptance). I will like to state a few things before hand.

According to our dear prophet (SAW) supplication is the sword of the believer , he (SAW) also told us that Allah is as u think of HIM (so make dua always and over everythin, coz Allah unlike us is pleased when u supplicate to Him, and ask with humility and with such conviction that Allah will answer u ), having two of this at the back of ur mind will put u in the best of mood for supplications.

SS 1(secrete sauce 1)

U know there are 3 set of special people that Allah stated that there are no barrier between Him and them when they make dua. In fact the prophet actually told us to fear the dua of one of them, as such duas are guaranteed to be accepted - that person is none other than the wronged soul ( a person oppressed, cheated etc). So when next u are oppressed (eg someone stole something very dear from u) rather than waste ur golden opportunity on cursing ur oppressor (even though Allah will deal with oppressors with or without ur dua, in this life, the next or both) I use mine to ask Allah for some pressing needs (I supplicatie so much during these kind of times that I often wonder how long does this golden window last smiley. )

SS 2

I once read a Hadith that when u pray for ur brother/sister (in Islam) angels ask for the same for you. (And u know between ur dua and that of angels which one has the most assurance of qubul? ). So when next u need a promotion or anything in life, look around for anyone in such need pray for him that Allah grants him that (he needs not know) and let the exalted angels who are closer to Allah than any of us ask Allah on ur behalf for that which ur heart desire.

SS 3

This one I call double barrel. The most loved to all of us (SAW) said that '...and when in sujud (during salat) strive to make dua, for u are most befitting to be answered', he (SAW) also said duas made between adhaan and iqaamah (call to prayer and standing for prayer resp.) are not rejected. So here is the recipe, between adhaan and start of prayer try to squeeze in some nawafil, and in ur sujud ask and ask and ask (until u hear the footstep of the imam entering the mosque) grin

SS 4 to infinity

When u r traveling, it is good time to make dua
When u have a guest/traveller he can make dua for u
Ur parents dua for u are very potent
Supplication when it's raining (for the rain is a form of Allah's mercy descending)

Pls feel free to add more if u have.

Finally note the etiquette of dua.
This was the dua of Yusuf/Joseph AS, after a fulfilled life in office in Egypt

“My Lord! Thou hast given me of the kingdom and taught me of the interpretation of sayings: Originator of the heavens and the earth! Thou art my guardian in this world and the hereafter; make me die a muslim and join me with the righteous " Q 12:101

And this was Yunus/Jonah AS in the belly of the whale

“There is no god but Thou: glory to Thee: I was indeed wrong!”

Note in this two instances these two great prophets made dua to Allah for particular needs, but rather than asking directly they glorified Allah and praised Him first and the tabled their requests.

Salaam

Rubbish!!! And I'm entitled to my opinion.
Re: Best Times To Get Your Prayers Accepted by PENMIGHT(m): 8:55pm On Apr 12, 2013
NOIBMUUL:

Rubbish!!! And I'm entitled to my opinion.
Isn't it obvious that your existence is nothing but rubbish? Just my opinion and I am entitled to it.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why A Married Muslim Woman MUST Keep Her Father's Last Name? / Marriage According To The Quran And Sunnah. / Enugu Muslims Celebrating New Mosque (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.