Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,241 members, 7,818,824 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:58 AM

Best Times To Get Your Prayers Accepted - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Best Times To Get Your Prayers Accepted (45970 Views)

Best Times To Make Dua (supplication) / Prayers For Couples Trying To Conceive A Child (TTC) / For All Especially Muslims: Best Times To Make Dua' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best Times To Get Your Prayers Accepted by PENMIGHT(m): 9:26pm On Apr 12, 2013
movado19: @ Pen Might: Why would a mother curse her son because he decided to respond to Allah before her? There is a saying that when you are praying and your mother calls, answer her. True or not, could it be that the guy did not know any better, so he decided not to respond? What sort of mother curses her son because he did not answer?
Islam says paradise lays at the feet of a mother, but I beg to ask: Is it this kind of mother who throws "daggers" at her son all in the name of cursing? I think not!

I have come to observe that there are a lot of Islamic stories and hadiths we were fed as children and even now as a grown up,but it is important we all research them before accepting.
Allah in the glorious Qur'an tells us to think, so it is important we do so as regards every information we are fed.

The post is a very nice one, never the less.
@ movado and deols- Deols threaded a path of caution but not u movado. How could u just conclude about the mother like that. Your analogy is very defective.

And pls don't talk or condemn without knowledge. I wasn't fed the story and it was very wrong for yuo to ve generalise 'stories' like make-up tales.

I won't quote a hadith the strength of which I do not know. Besides have you seen any scholars who forbade us from narrating stories of non -islamic origin in as much as it is not used as source of ahkam( law).

The prophet( peace in him) said in an authentic narration that" Hadithu an bani-israela wa la haraj". - Narrate( feel free to narrate events) from Bani Israel and there is no sin on that!

If you have problem believing what I said about the 3 that spoke in the cradle and especially about the story of Juraij and mum , you may read it in NOBLE QUR'AN under the footnote of Q 3 vs 46. The hadith is in Sahih Bukhari,Vol 4,Hadith no 645)

On the mother, you are not a scholar and hence not entitled to comment the way you did.
You are not obviously entitled to analogical reasoning the way u did.

AND PLS PRODUCE EVIDENCE TO BACK UP YOUR CLAIMS THAT WHEN U ARE CALLED BY YOUR MOTHER WHILE IN SALAT,YOU ARE OBLIGED TO RESPOND. You won't find any evidence more than your hearsay.

On the Story of the Mother and Juraij, this is how the scholars explained it-

(1) The curse of the mother came to pass cos the son was acting without knowledge.
(2) The son, though praying, he was only a voluntary prayer.
(3) The mother was in distress and in exegencies like such you can break your solat.
(4) Because of 2 and 3 above the son should ve obeyed the mum and leave the prayer. The mum's curse came to pass cos it is the case of' a prayer of the wronged' just like the OP said.

This story happens in the nation before Islam so the hadith of 'paradise lie at the feet of the mother' was not a guidance that reached them then.

N.B - The third child wasn't of the story in suraltul Buruj but a child of a Bani-isreal woman.

Allaah knows best!
Re: Best Times To Get Your Prayers Accepted by sino(m): 10:29pm On Apr 12, 2013
May Allah(SWT) reward you abundantly OP, very good reminder.

May Allah(SWT) accept our prayers ameen.

1 Like

Re: Best Times To Get Your Prayers Accepted by donlet(m): 3:42am On Apr 13, 2013
Nice thread, but i want to add a quick one, don't try to look for multiple times when your prayer will be answered. Choose just only one time and be consistent with it. Have heard that consistency pays! After choosing a specific time recite Alam Nasrah to end of surah 113times and supplicate whatever you want. This works more than magic! may Allah accept our prayers
Re: Best Times To Get Your Prayers Accepted by akinolaaaa(m): 8:03am On Apr 13, 2013
Am so motivated and happy...wow!May Almighty Allah reward the poster..Islam is tha way

1 Like

Re: Best Times To Get Your Prayers Accepted by uhuns: 10:16am On Apr 13, 2013
At op
kan someone explain. Ss3 in simple terms.
am nt amuslim but find. This. Piece ok .I belive its a spiritual principle it cuts across.
Re: Best Times To Get Your Prayers Accepted by trenchcoat: 10:42am On Apr 13, 2013
Jazakallahu Khairan
Re: Best Times To Get Your Prayers Accepted by Maisuya1: 12:26pm On Apr 13, 2013
uhuns: At op
kan someone explain. Ss3 in simple terms.
am nt amuslim but find. This. Piece ok .I belive its a spiritual principle it cuts across.
i hope this helps...
when muslims prostrate during prayer (and put their faces on the ground - a sign of humility to their creator)they are in the best position to supplicat to their lord. now imagine suplicating at a time when prayers are not rejected (between call to prayers and actual start of the prayers), now thats an ace.
U r praying in the best posture and best timing. (double barel)
Re: Best Times To Get Your Prayers Accepted by tbaba1234: 12:30pm On Apr 13, 2013
Jazakallahu Khairan Mai suya...

Great thread bro...
Re: Best Times To Get Your Prayers Accepted by movado19: 2:25pm On Apr 13, 2013
@ PEN MIGHT: You wrote:"@ movado and deols- Deols threaded a path of caution but not u movado. How could u just conclude about the mother like that. Your analogy is very defective".

Please, which one is the path of caution again? I answered to what you posted about the son and his mum. When did that become a crime? The story does not make sense in anyway; what so ever.
So you are the one with knowledge now? What knowledge exactly? Islam is a very logical religion, so it doesn't require a "rocket science" for things to make sense.

I was particular about the story of son and mum,and not the others from my initial post.

So I have to be a scholar before using my brain, right? Maybe your scholar related this story to you and you took it all in without researching?

You said: "AND PLS PRODUCE EVIDENCE TO BACK UP YOUR CLAIMS THAT WHEN U ARE CALLED BY YOUR MOTHER WHILE IN SALAT,YOU ARE OBLIGED TO RESPOND. You won't find any evidence more than your hearsay".

Now, I ask you, Is this a way a MUSLIM should write or be to people? Why are you so defensive to the point of insulting me? Is it that difficult for you to communicate without a diatribe?

Please, read the below:

[i][b]Responding to Parents While in Prayer

Reference: Sharh Riyaad as Saliheen: 2/54 - Sh. Muhammad ibn Saalih al 'Uthaymeen

The benefit we derive from this phrase in this Hadeeth [1] is that it is an obligation to respond to your parents if they call on you while you are in prayer, but with the condition that the prayer is not an obligation. If the prayer is an obligation, then it is not permissible to respond to them, but if it is a Sunnah prayer then respond to them.

If however your parents are amongst those who weigh issues out correctly, and if they knew that you were praying when they called you they would excuse you, in this case you can signal to them that you are in prayer, by making a noise or saying Subhaan Allaah in a loud voice or raising your voice with the Ayah that you are reciting or a supplication that you are reading until the caller understands that you are in prayer.

If you know that your parents, your mother and father, are understanding and would excuse you if they knew that you were praying, then just indicate to them that you are praying.

For example, if your father approaches you and calls you by name while you are praying the Sunnah of Fajr, if he is an understanding man who would excuse you, then indicate to him that you are in prayer, say Subhaan Allaah, raise your voice in recitation or Du’aa or the Dhikr that you are reading so that he excuses you.

If your father however is amongst those who would not excuse you, he wants his say to be the uppermost, then cut off your Salaat and speak to him. Likewise is the case with your mother.

As for the obligatory prayer, then do not cut it off for anyone except if it is a necessity. For example, if you see someone who is in danger, such as someone falling into a well, the sea or a fire. In such a case cut off your obligatory prayer, other than such cases [i.e. emergencies] then do not cut off the obligatory prayer.

As an advise to you, ensure you ask your self "how would the prophet have handled this situation" before responding.

I still maintain that a lot of stories need to be filtered before acceptance, and that is a responsibility on each and everyone of us.

1 Like

Re: Best Times To Get Your Prayers Accepted by Cashio(m): 2:31pm On Apr 13, 2013
If i wan tlk now,dem go say i don insult islam...wondering why i go dey fight dey kill 4 my god(hmmm) instead of him fighting 4 me
Re: Best Times To Get Your Prayers Accepted by Cocodiva: 5:59pm On Apr 13, 2013
igbeke: knowing and praying 2 d true God is the best tin in life, and not communing wit one unknown deity from an unknown planet.
d true GOD is neva on leave, so u can call on Him anytime of d day or any moments of d 9t. u know wat?
HE'LL ANSWER!

Yeah right,For the sake of clarity,that ONE and TRUE God is ALLAH
Re: Best Times To Get Your Prayers Accepted by Cocodiva: 6:11pm On Apr 13, 2013
movado19: @ Pen Might: Why would a mother curse her son because he decided to respond to Allah before her? There is a saying that when you are praying and your mother calls, answer her. True or not, could it be that the guy did not know any better, so he decided not to respond? What sort of mother curses her son because he did not answer?
Islam says paradise lays at the feet of a mother, but I beg to ask: Is it this kind of mother who throws "daggers" at her son all in the name of cursing? I think not!

I have come to observe that there are a lot of Islamic stories and hadiths we were fed as children and even now as a grown up,but it is important we all research them before accepting.
Allah in the glorious Qur'an tells us to think, so it is important we do so as regards every information we are fed.

This is an authentic hadith.This incident happened before the life of the prophet hence before Islam.BTW people/mothers still curse others/children for less serious things.May Allah save us.
Re: Best Times To Get Your Prayers Accepted by maesha08(f): 10:07pm On Apr 13, 2013
Jazakallahu kahyran
Re: Best Times To Get Your Prayers Accepted by PENMIGHT(m): 11:16pm On Apr 13, 2013
movado19: @ PEN MIGHT: You wrote:"@ movado and deols- Deols threaded a path of caution but not u movado. How could u just conclude about the mother like that. Your analogy is very defective".

Please, which one is the path of caution again? I answered to what you posted about the son and his mum. When did that become a crime? The story does not make sense in anyway; what so ever.
So you are the one with knowledge now? What knowledge exactly? Islam is a very logical religion, so it doesn't require a "rocket science" for things to make sense.

I was particular about the story of son and mum,and not the others from my initial post.

So I have to be a scholar before using my brain, right? Maybe your scholar related this story to you and you took it all in without researching?

You said: "AND PLS PRODUCE EVIDENCE TO BACK UP YOUR CLAIMS THAT WHEN U ARE CALLED BY YOUR MOTHER WHILE IN SALAT,YOU ARE OBLIGED TO RESPOND. You won't find any evidence more than your hearsay".

Now, I ask you, Is this a way a MUSLIM should write or be to people? Why are you so defensive to the point of insulting me? Is it that difficult for you to communicate without a diatribe?

Please, read the below:

[i][b]Responding to Parents While in Prayer

Reference: Sharh Riyaad as Saliheen: 2/54 - Sh. Muhammad ibn Saalih al 'Uthaymeen

The benefit we derive from this phrase in this Hadeeth [1] is that it is an obligation to respond to your parents if they call on you while you are in prayer, but with the condition that the prayer is not an obligation. If the prayer is an obligation, then it is not permissible to respond to them, but if it is a Sunnah prayer then respond to them.

If however your parents are amongst those who weigh issues out correctly, and if they knew that you were praying when they called you they would excuse you, in this case you can signal to them that you are in prayer, by making a noise or saying Subhaan Allaah in a loud voice or raising your voice with the Ayah that you are reciting or a supplication that you are reading until the caller understands that you are in prayer.

If you know that your parents, your mother and father, are understanding and would excuse you if they knew that you were praying, then just indicate to them that you are praying.

For example, if your father approaches you and calls you by name while you are praying the Sunnah of Fajr, if he is an understanding man who would excuse you, then indicate to him that you are in prayer, say Subhaan Allaah, raise your voice in recitation or Du’aa or the Dhikr that you are reading so that he excuses you.

If your father however is amongst those who would not excuse you, he wants his say to be the uppermost, then cut off your Salaat and speak to him. Likewise is the case with your mother.

As for the obligatory prayer, then do not cut it off for anyone except if it is a necessity. For example, if you see someone who is in danger, such as someone falling into a well, the sea or a fire. In such a case cut off your obligatory prayer, other than such cases [i.e. emergencies] then do not cut off the obligatory prayer.

As an advise to you, ensure you ask your self "how would the prophet have handled this situation" before responding.

I still maintain that a lot of stories need to be filtered before acceptance, and that is a responsibility on each and everyone of us.
Sorry I ve to respond to you late. Hope u weren't agitated! Busy day!
It's needless taking up issues with you. We shouldn't be doing this here. I give you the honour of a brother,hence, my apology to you if you feel insulted. How could I insult you?

Nevertheless, you are miles off the point. U still doubt a hadith in Sahih Bukhari? Or do u call an incidence narrated by the prophet 'as not making sense'?
Islam is not illogical but islam is not base on logic. Logic was what made shaitan to deviate. Allah asked him: 'why did u not postrate to Adam'. Shaitan said: How can I postrate to the one whose creation was in my presence. 'I am better than him. I was created from fire and he(adam) was created from clay'. Wasn't shaitan logical? By all standard of Material Science , fire was better than clay!
Ali ibn Abi Talib said: Praises to Allah who has not founded His religion on logic,otherwise we would have been instructed to wipe the underneath of our khuf( leather shoe) rather than the top".

Do you still question the story of the mum and son base on logic even after I referenced textual evidence in the Noble Qur'an and the book of Tafsir? This is serious!

It is not beffitting for a believer,male and female,when Allah and His messenger have decided on a matter, to hold a divergent view on such affairs. Whomsoever disobeys Allaah and His messenger has indeed strayed into misguidance.

Don't you know u are just corroborating my points by the explanations you made about leaving salat when called? Did you read how I said scholars interpreted the hadith?I knew the position of the revered sheihk Uthaimeen that it is not permissible to leave obligatory prayer just on the call of your parent and without exegencies and that was what I challenged you to provide evidence for and that was what I captured in brevity in my initial analysis of the hadith.

The fundamental foundations of the deen is premised on sound knowledge that you and I should strive further to know. Half baked knowledge is no knowledge and it is surely a cancerworm;an advice to you and I.

But with the way you have presented your issues,I guess it was wrong to ve assumed too much of you.

You might please send me a mail for futher discourse.

Allaah knows best! Salaam.
Re: Best Times To Get Your Prayers Accepted by PENMIGHT(m): 11:22pm On Apr 13, 2013
Coco diva:

This is an authentic hadith.This incident happened before the life of the prophet hence before Islam.BTW people/mothers still curse others/children for less serious things.May Allah save us.
May Allaah expand your knowledge and benefit u and us all with the right aqeedah!

Jazakallah!
Re: Best Times To Get Your Prayers Accepted by beejaay: 8:22am On Apr 14, 2013
PEN_MIGHT:
I understand you bro. Thank you ,too!
But the Prophet (peace on him) will be granted intercession. Also a martyr will interceed for 70 members of his household!

That is by the way, anyway!
no one can intercede for the sin of another ( this is one of the erroneous misconception of the Qur'an)
Quran 2 Verse48
Quran 2 Verse123
Quran 2 Verse254
Quran 39 Verse44
Quran 74 Verse48
Re: Best Times To Get Your Prayers Accepted by beejaay: 8:34am On Apr 14, 2013
beejaay:
no one can intercede for the sin of another ( this is one of the erroneous misconception of the Qur'an)
Quran 2 Verse48
Quran 2 Verse123
Quran 2 Verse254
Quran 39 Verse44
Quran 74 Verse48

Quran10 Verse49
Quran72 Verse21
Quran82 Verse19
Quran39 Verse19

verses that seem to talk about intercession is only talking about spirit bounding (some see these verses as contradictions to the verses i quoted upward but they are totally saying the same thing in different way). this spirit bounding means following the guidance of who u want intercession from right from this world. being a muslim means u have already being intercede onbehalf (not some form of forgiveness for the sin u committed cos no one can intercede for another)some of these verses are
Quran53 Verse26
Quran43 Verse86
Quran39 Verse44
Quran36 Verse23
Quran34 Verse23
Quran19 Verse87
Re: Best Times To Get Your Prayers Accepted by beejaay: 8:38am On Apr 14, 2013

i agree with you. most of theses stories are just created to put fear in people. the same way they interpret Taqwa as fear (what i keep asking is how can u fear something/someone you love "oxymoronic"wink
Re: Best Times To Get Your Prayers Accepted by beejaay: 8:45am On Apr 14, 2013
movado19: @ PEN MIGHT: You wrote:"@ movado and deols- Deols threaded a path of caution but not u movado. How could u just conclude about the mother like that. Your analogy is very defective".

thank you very much brother. you will never find any evidence though the story is only a similitude and the meaning is almost lost due to the EGO of mankind to be relevant (its more like a call for love for example when you hear the cry for help "life and death situation" even while u are praying then u are obliged to answer cos the call is much more important than the prayer. God uses mother most of the time to explain what love means because Love is the only thing that can conquer all not FEAR and mothers fit the Love profile perfectly).

May God increase you understanding
Re: Best Times To Get Your Prayers Accepted by PENMIGHT(m): 2:26pm On Apr 14, 2013
beejaay:
thank you very much brother. you will never find any evidence though the story is only a similitude and the meaning is almost lost due to the EGO of mankind to be relevant (its more like a call for love for example when you hear the cry for help "life and death situation" even while u are praying then u are obliged to answer cos the call is much more important than the prayer. God uses mother most of the time to explain what love means because Love is the only thing that can conquer all not FEAR and mothers fit the Love profile perfectly).

May God increase you understanding
Jazaakallah khayr.
Re: Best Times To Get Your Prayers Accepted by movado19: 3:35pm On Apr 14, 2013
@ Coco diva, thank you for your response. It's much appreciated. Yes, I am very aware that some mothers out there curse their child/children for very trivial things, and I happen to know some people whose mums "cursed" them. But guess what, these mothers have become wretched and very unhappy in this life and their child\children are doing very, very well with all aspects of their lives; because Allah is not unjust, so He will not accept such senseless prayers\curses especially if the children are innocent. A big shame to such women who are a disgrace. Because Islam says paradise lays @ the feet of mothers is not a license for them to become out of control towards their kids. Mothers will have to work to earn that statement and it's not by being aggressive, abrasive or throwing curses on their kids. Whoever thinks what the mum in the "story" did was right should run right now to their mothers and plead for them to throw curses on them.

I also do realise that there are children who greatly offend their parents with their words and actions, and this I will never be in support of. A child should always lower the wings of humility and respect towards their parents.
Re: Best Times To Get Your Prayers Accepted by movado19: 3:43pm On Apr 14, 2013
@ Beejaay, "i agree with you. most of theses stories are just created to put fear in people. the same way they interpret Taqwa as fear (what i keep asking is how can u fear something/someone you love "oxymoronic"

You are very right. Religion is presented to people as something of fear, fear and more fear! Taqwa is a state of being so conscious of Allah in all that you do, so much that you fear angering Him or displeasing Him because of the love you have for Him.
Taqwa is not "fearing" Allah as one would a bad person. You fear Allah's displeasure over your deed or actions because of the love you have for Allah, so you never want to disappoint Him.
Thank you Beejaay.
Re: Best Times To Get Your Prayers Accepted by walelamina: 5:39am On Apr 15, 2013
Av learnt , Jazakunllah ya'll ,gr8 thread I muz say
Re: Best Times To Get Your Prayers Accepted by kemzyAjaks(f): 6:41am On Apr 15, 2013
jazakallahu khayran, penmight, so many benefits of being a muslim....ALHAMDULILAH
Re: Best Times To Get Your Prayers Accepted by uhuns: 1:18pm On Apr 16, 2013
Mai-suya:

i hope this helps...
when muslims prostrate during prayer (and put their faces on the ground - a sign of humility to their creator)they are in the best position to supplicat to their lord. now imagine suplicating at a time when prayers are not rejected (between call to prayers and actual start of the prayers), now thats an ace.
U r praying in the best posture and best timing. (double barel)

Thanks for the info.though logical .

My questions,

1, why is it that I a christian can understand this and a muslim cant.

2 , or is it that we are on a different levels of spiritual awareness. Lol
2a , the bible says honor thy parents so that.......
3 leave the story. But take the moral of the story
4.spirituality and logic are not on the same level.if spirituality start at levels 3 say then logic ends at levels 1.

3, my take to all that quarry the

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why A Married Muslim Woman MUST Keep Her Father's Last Name? / Marriage According To The Quran And Sunnah. / Enugu Muslims Celebrating New Mosque (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.