Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,194 members, 7,864,101 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 11:57 AM

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! - Agriculture (239) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! (1508328 Views)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Hatchery Business !!! / Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business / Catfish Farmers Lets Talk About Catfish Smoking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) ... (523) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Unionised(m): 4:08pm On Dec 23, 2015
[quote author=stonedigital post=41271802][/quote]

If we all agree that this is JUST another association, that's fine.

But an UMBRELLA body?

Not feasible.

Sorry.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Kess122: 4:10pm On Dec 23, 2015
Hello Great Peeps of GROFFA ,

Plz let us not be disgruntled in respect of the proposed association that will soon be birthed on Nairaland. This is a free country and we can all have as many associations as people deem fit. We might have different ideologies, objectives and operations but at the end of the day we are all heading to similar end-goals! We can find greatness and strength in diversity; and in this diversity and factions, super-strength can be conceived from all parties and associations that will move fish farming forward in Nigeria.
Let us not forget the name of our association ; GRASSROOTS.... means we are starting from the bottom.. Right frm the farmer with just one pond in a remote location.... We are people who have found a way to embrace fish farming despite having a professional career, we are young, vibrant, educated mature men and women ready to embrace every fish farmer frm the grassroot level. That is a niche! This goes to show that every association has a niche. CAFAN would have their own niche just as other associations have theirs. So it is right to say that multiple associations are bound to spring up and even as i type we can be sure that there are so many registered fish associations that are functional and working within their own niche.
As an association we cannot control every fish farmer in Nigeria or be monopolistic because we don't have a legislative law enacting us to do so. Not even CAFAN can mandate fish farmers to join or be registered with them. Not everybody in all the whatsapp groups are mandated to be members of GROFFA. Its a voluntary association and individuals have their own choices and preferences of where they want to belong to. Its only the govt that can enact such a law mandating registration with the establishment of a parastatal or council and that is why doctors cannot practice in Nigeria wtout registering wt MDCN (a govt parastatal) and the same goes for most professionals. These different fish farmers associations can all pool their strengths and make such a thing happen if they all work together because we all have the same end-goals, but in d end, such a council or parastatal shifts from welfare of the members to control and monitoring of farms and farmers. In light of this, having multiple associations far out weighs monopoly by a single body.
Due to recent events and after i was inundated with whatsapp msgs both frm NL and 'elsewhere', i had to have a conversation wt Oga Robonski because i was a little bit confused with the insinuations people were making. They were annoying and some were just plain pathetic frm individuals who i perceived to be frustrated with 'life', that I had to block some whatsapp numbers.
For the record and this is just my own opinion. Oga Robonski is my mentor and teacher and i learnt most of my basic fish farming principles from him. He is free to form an association as a citizen of this great country. I want us all to work with him and offer our support in what ever way we deem fit as individuals for those that will be interested in the proposed association that he is championing; its a free world and you can join any group or association u deem fit. See it as a means for everyone to arrive at a common goal. Robonski has said he will join GROFFA and even give us lectures when we need him. Such a great mind is a great asset to GROFFA.
GROFFA has come to stay and the ocean is big enough to accommodate as many associations as may arise. It does not in anyway limit or put a stop to our objectives or goals but rather if we form alliances with other associations it will strengthen us as a group and make the voice of fish farmers louder as a whole.
Things might be slow and rocky but remember we all have our various lives to live and careers/businesses to pursue. Most of our interactions are online which greatly differs from physical interactions; hence one of the reasons for us having the get-together to knw each other in person and boost morale.
Sad to say but d truth is our lives do not revolve around whatsapp or GROFFA. Despite this known facts, it doesnt mean we cannot sacrifice some things for GROFFA as the need arises. Instead of people making snide, dumb remarks and hiding on d sidelines while clamoring for speedy actions, they should be more proactive by offering assistance, suggestions, opinions and asking where they can come in if they are really interested in GROFFA. The excos are just temporary and the association is for everybody. Soon u guys would be elected in offices, we just need the association to get its footing and attain a more physical nature. All our activities cannot just be online.
Remember that no exco member is working for anybody even though we are working for everybody!

With warm regards, BELEXY

note.. this is from whatsapp fish group.
so Belexy has spoken so lets support the proposed association. it won't stop GROFFA from existing...

6 Likes

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by NUVEMBARZINTL(m): 6:06pm On Dec 23, 2015
Kess122:

Plz let us not be disgruntled in respect of the proposed association that will soon be birthed on Nairaland. This is a free country and we can all have as many associations as people deem fit. We might have different ideologies, objectives and operations but at the end of the day we are all heading to similar end-goals! We can find greatness and strength in diversity; and in this diversity and factions, super-strength can be conceived from all parties and associations that will move fish farming forward in Nigeria.
Let us not forget the name of our association ; GRASSROOTS.... means we are starting from the bottom.. Right frm the farmer with just one pond in a remote location.... We are people who have found a way to embrace fish farming despite having a professional career, we are young, vibrant, educated mature men and women ready to embrace every fish farmer frm the grassroot level. That is a niche! This goes to show that every association has a niche. CAFAN would have their own niche just as other associations have theirs. So it is right to say that multiple associations are bound to spring up and even as i type we can be sure that there are so many registered fish associations that are functional and working within their own niche.
As an association we cannot control every fish farmer in Nigeria or be monopolistic because we don't have a legislative law enacting us to do so. Not even CAFAN can mandate fish farmers to join or be registered with them. Not everybody in all the whatsapp groups are mandated to be members of GROFFA. Its a voluntary association and individuals have their own choices and preferences of where they want to belong to. Its only the govt that can enact such a law mandating registration with the establishment of a parastatal or council and that is why doctors cannot practice in Nigeria wtout registering wt MDCN (a govt parastatal) and the same goes for most professionals. These different fish farmers associations can all pool their strengths and make such a thing happen if they all work together because we all have the same end-goals, but in d end, such a council or parastatal shifts from welfare of the members to control and monitoring of farms and farmers. In light of this, having multiple associations far out weighs monopoly by a single body.
Due to recent events and after i was inundated with whatsapp msgs both frm NL and 'elsewhere', i had to have a conversation wt Oga Robonski because i was a little bit confused with the insinuations people were making. They were annoying and some were just plain pathetic frm individuals who i perceived to be frustrated with 'life', that I had to block some whatsapp numbers.
For the record and this is just my own opinion. Oga Robonski is my mentor and teacher and i learnt most of my basic fish farming principles from him. He is free to form an association as a citizen of this great country. I want us all to work with him and offer our support in what ever way we deem fit as individuals for those that will be interested in the proposed association that he is championing; its a free world and you can join any group or association u deem fit. See it as a means for everyone to arrive at a common goal. Robonski has said he will join GROFFA and even give us lectures when we need him. Such a great mind is a great asset to GROFFA.
GROFFA has come to stay and the ocean is big enough to accommodate as many associations as may arise. It does not in anyway limit or put a stop to our objectives or goals but rather if we form alliances with other associations it will strengthen us as a group and make the voice of fish farmers louder as a whole.
Things might be slow and rocky but remember we all have our various lives to live and careers/businesses to pursue. Most of our interactions are online which greatly differs from physical interactions; hence one of the reasons for us having the get-together to knw each other in person and boost morale.
Sad to say but d truth is our lives do not revolve around whatsapp or GROFFA. Despite this known facts, it doesnt mean we cannot sacrifice some things for GROFFA as the need arises. Instead of people making snide, dumb remarks and hiding on d sidelines while clamoring for speedy actions, they should be more proactive by offering assistance, suggestions, opinions and asking where they can come in if they are really interested in GROFFA. The excos are just temporary and the association is for everybody. Soon u guys would be elected in offices, we just need the association to get its footing and attain a more physical nature. All our activities cannot just be online.
Remember that no exco member is working for anybody even though we are working for everybody!

so Belexy has spoken so lets support the proposed association. it won't stop GROFFA from existing...
@BELEXY, I luv U brother... U respect the maturity in ds piece...
We are all one; marching 2wds d same course!!!

LONG LIVE GROFFA!!!
LONG LIVE ALL EXISTING ASSO!!!
LONG LIVE OUR PROPOSED ASSO!!!

Wishing you all the very best!!!

2 Likes

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by NUVEMBARZINTL(m): 6:21pm On Dec 23, 2015
Ttalk:
@Soft777 and Robonski, me i don carry my kaya port sharp, sharp, only be say there seems to be no river not to talk of PORT in this area. On a serious note how are you going to accommodate Abuja people and other parts of the north where fish farming is still at the kindergarten?

Most of us farmers here are suffering in silence because of few monopolising the business. Imagine pelletising here cost as much as 40-50 per kg depending on the type of the feed. With these arrangement how do we get adequate supply of the feed when the people from the South have already taken position?

How do we register?

Again you guys are hot, i mean you re doing great.
You are welcome sir... I can assure you that all these problems that U'v enumerated are part of the poroblems that we are meant to solve. These are some of the issues that we want to deal with my brother. Being part of this movement is very easy. All will be discussed soon. Thank you very much.

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by NUVEMBARZINTL(m): 7:07pm On Dec 23, 2015
robonski15:
These are the names we have suggested so far, lets choose one and move to the next level.

ALLIED FISH FARMERS ASSOCIATION OF NIGERIA
PROFESSSIONAL FISH FARMERS ASSOCIATION OF NIGERIA.
Eminent fish farmers association of nigeria
Association of Professional fish farmers of Nigeria (APFFN).
Fish Farmers Union of Nigeria (FFUN).
National Union of Fish Farmers (NUFF).
I propose that we go for ALLIED FISH FARMERS OF NIGERIA (AFFON).

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by aumoria(m): 7:53pm On Dec 23, 2015
@Soft777, I know we are all engrossed in the discussion about forming a united front but do not forget you said you will continue the talk on feeding on Tuesday. It's well past Tuesday and I've been seated/sitted waiting for class to start.

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by NUVEMBARZINTL(m): 8:04pm On Dec 23, 2015
Unionised:

Lofty idea!
Great in theory.
But you guys need to do your homework.
Are you the government that you want to form an umbrella body?
What are your antecedents? You track record?
How many years experience?
What is the size and impact of your personal farms to the Nigerian local economy?
You want an umbrella body, great and fine, but who knows you in the society?
No insult intended. Just an eye-opener and reality check on what this entails.

Sorry, who is or will be the chairman of the association?
Does Nigeria know him or her?
What is his clout in the general scheme of things?

Oh! Lest I forget the most important question of all!
IS THERE NO UMBRELLA ASSOCIATION ALREADY??
The state Agric bodies nko?
Or the Federal?
What are they? PARACHUTE? abi dem be CANOPY?

Now let's come back to the GRASSROOTS...
So you expect the other 'private' associations to just fall in line and join this new "MESSIAHish" association?
Because you have all the solutions?

Let's wake up please and stop all these Merry go round that leads us no where.

DO YOUR HOMEWORK WELL.

Your idea is not new, just ask other associations. ITS IN THEIR CONSTITUTIONS too!!!

Let me advise you guys, Go for a 6-month internship at the STATE AND FEDERAL ASSOCIATIONS. Then come back and tell us the way forward.

For now, THERE ARE TOO MANY HOLES IN YOUR "IDEA".

Unless if, of course, your true purpose of forming the association is hidden from we the minions.

There's always a conspiracy theory somewhere.

I'm out.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH my brother. I RESPECT UR CONTRIBUTION cum line of thought. I luv #CRITICISM. #Constructive one for dt matter.
To start wit, I'll like to tell you dt I dnt just junmp into doing thgs, I dnt lend my voice, time& energy on thgs if am nt convinced. By God's grace my brother, am nw 15yrs in ds industry which made me to knw my right from my left---#ICan'tBeTossedToandFro without cogent conviction. I have criticised too and am convinced.
I can assure you that the birth of ALLIED FISH FARMERS OF NIGERIA (AFFON) is a victory for the industry coz it'll affod fish farmers in d country to eat (learn) from all (GROFFAN,CAFAN,GRAFAN,AFFON and many more).

Once again, thank you for your contribution on d subject matter. More criticism(s) are welcome as long as it's for the growth of fish farming in the country and the profitability of all wonderful fish farmer across the globe.

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by NUVEMBARZINTL(m): 8:14pm On Dec 23, 2015
fzero:

Pemanently stay out. Mind you it's a revolution that is about to take place not some government chairman association filled with tribalistic elements.I don't wanna say much, Keep looking from a distance.
@fzero: Tank you for your contribution. But pls, let's know that criticism are welcome. Criticism makes one better only whn received in good spirit. So pls, let's be diplomatic.
Once again, thank you for your view and support.

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by indncfarms: 8:25pm On Dec 23, 2015
fzero:

Oga i still see no reason why you dey carry this matter for head. If the union abi association is to have their own feedmill and sell at a cheaper rate then there is no problem. I bought juvenile from robosnki for #12 and they are growing fast than normal and here in abuja i normally buy juveniles for #30 or #35 . how much gain i don pocket already no be serious assistance be that. Mind you i am a member of groffan.

Hello Sir,

Please, how many juveniles did you buy from Robonski and how was it sent to you in Abuja? What was the transportation cost?
Was the mortality due to stress from transportation high?

I just want to have an idea as we intend to buy 5000 juveniles from Robonski and have them sent to Owerri, Imo State.

Thanks for your anticipated swift response.

Many thanks
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by soft777(m): 8:32pm On Dec 23, 2015
aumoria:
@Soft777, I know we are all engrossed in the discussion about forming a united front but do not forget you said you will continue the talk on feeding on Tuesday. It's well past Tuesday and I've been seated/sitted waiting for class to start.
Very very sorry sir, will continue on friday very early in the morning, and it will be very elaborate and explosive let me call it my christmas gift to every body here . HAPPY CHRISTMAS AND A WONDERFUL NEW YEAR AHEAD !!!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Unionised(m): 8:34pm On Dec 23, 2015
NUVEMBARZINTL:

THANK YOU VERY MUCH my brother. I RESPECT UR CONTRIBUTION cum line of thought. I luv #CRITICISM. #Constructive one for dt matter.
To start wit, I'll like to tell you dt I dnt just junmp into doing thgs, I dnt lend my voice, time& energy on thgs if am nt convinced. By God's grace my brother, am nw 15yrs in ds industry which made me to knw my right from my left---#ICan'tBeTossedToandFro without cogent conviction. I have criticised too and am convinced.
I can assure you that the birth of ALLIED FISH FARMERS OF NIGERIA (AFFON) is a victory for the industry coz it'll affod fish farmers in d country to eat (learn) from all (GROFFAN,CAFAN,GRAFAN,AFFON and many more).

Once again, thank you for your contribution on d subject matter. More criticism(s) are welcome as long as it's for the growth of fish farming in the country and the profitability of all wonderful fish farmer across the globe.

Please read what I wrote there again.

But this time read with OBJECTIVITY and do away with emotions.

Then, IMPLEMENT.

Criticisms are not made to be swept aside.
Would do you a lot of good and save you headaches in the long run.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by indncfarms: 9:02pm On Dec 23, 2015
kejes10:
what a great ideal sir. Let the train keep moving. I'm on it!

This sounds like a very good idea. But I am wondering how fish farmers who are "upcountry" will be properly integrated in this plan. Can we benefit from the fingerlings/juvenile/feed sales with little/minimal additional logistical cost.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by chilanfarms(m): 9:10pm On Dec 23, 2015
Kess122:

# 9ce piece! I love d fact dt u r not an ingrate, Robon n soft can move mountain, I believe in dem n so does many nairalanders. I don't challenge my oga's they Lead n I follow, I recognise n give my 100% support to our New birthed association.

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by chilanfarms(m): 9:35pm On Dec 23, 2015
For good,fast growing n rugged fingerlins,juvenile n jumbo sizes of catfish, contact Robonski n it will get to you in 1 piece no matter the distance within Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by akingregnig: 10:17pm On Dec 23, 2015
Hello my fellow farmers/businessmen,
I am fairly new to fish farming, I stocked my first set of 1550 post fingerlings in earthen pond last week and they are looking good. I haven't noticed any dead fishes floating yet. That must be good....majority of them have double in size in this one week. The only concern im having is algae, my pond looks so green in the late afternoons, is it healthy for my fishes? I av a flow through earthen pond with water coming in and out of my pond 24/7
Im thinking of liming, would it help?

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by akingregnig: 10:21pm On Dec 23, 2015
Is there always a ready market for table size fishes in the southwestern state. Would getting rid of my fishes be a headache when its time to harvest?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by oscarvicto(m): 11:49pm On Dec 23, 2015
soft777:
Hmmmm The tread is so hot , but i believe we are all one family , at the same time, we all have right to our different opinions, choices and views .
I personally believe that associations and groups have been existing in different sectors like industry agriculture mining health etc in nigeria and its no one mans idea .
No one person is an island of knowledge , we sometimes need to come together discuss and exchange ideas, on how to improve on our present existing practices for better yield .
The elimination of monopoly is the success of the developed world ,so i believe more association means more diversification
Kudos to all already existing association but i believe nigeria is big enough to accommodate all good associations . No association should feel treatend by this new association .Just call us your sister association and we are ready to work hand in hand with all other association, because at the end of the day we are all working towards the same goals and aim .There is no big deal about it. So lets not make it an issue rather an opportunity to shear or exchange reliable and productive information among ourselves to better our business and livelihood.
The success of our business is of optimal importance and this is were we should focus on .
you see my dear colleagues , its just like a football match , a coach may decide to play 4.4.1 formation and win a competition and another may decide to play 4.3.3 formation and win same competition, its called different style or techniques of playing .what i mean is that we may have one goal same ambition with no bad motives but different ways , systems , approach of getting our targeted goal.
When some of us sat down together months back , study the situation, troubleshoot, analyse it carefully and came to our remedy .
We had the full fish farmers at heart most especially members of this great tread . To no disrespect to existing association , we decided to do something different . We want to do something that will impact us as farmers positively and fastly because the alarming rate at which farmers here are counting looses and leaving the business is not encouraging at all - look at the poultry farmers they were able to lobby govt to barn poultry into the country.
The bill to ban imported fish to nigeria has been own for years , because to be truthful , we still can not meet the fish supply to even a state , talk more of a country . So i dont expect government to ban fish importation ...We are still very far from it but the only thing that can change that is when me and you can successful increase production both in quality and quantity before we can be granted this request and to achieve these we need diversity ,let every association work harder than hard , better than best ,twice as much to meet these goals .
We have decided to take the bull by the horn and decided to help ourselves by doing these things on our own together without waiting for government .................

SOME HIGHLIGHTED AIMS AND BENEFITS OF OUR NEW ASSOCIATION ........

1,We have decided to make our own quality floating feed, sourced from some of our research work on aquatic nutrition both locally and internationally ,the result is this 60 percent crude protein pure catfish feed with animal protein as its base and super growth enzyms inclusive to sell at almost, half the amount of all other feed out there for everybody to benefit , but we further will reduce the price to our own members.
2,We have started with the sales of quality and very cheap fingerlings made from alpha male brood stock which were carefully selected and crossed from the northern geographical location to the one in the south using pituitary alpha male gland to ensure its our own country local brood that can give alpha fingerlings that can withstand diseases and grow faster for better profits .Which by GODs grace its been successful , we decide also to sell at the cheapest amount 8 naira standard shooters fingerling for every body to benefit but will further reduce the price for our association members ...
3 we also decide to have a technical committee that will give free consultation to everybody at no cost ,but also go extra mile with our members by personally visiting any of our members farm that have problems for effective and prompt solutions .
4 we will encourage members with high capacity farms to allow farmers in there locality access to there facilities systems and training for every body at a good rate but almost zero rate to our members starting from next year .
5, We are going to help certified members with loans to increase there businesses without asking collateral or interest .
6,We have got the capacity to do, seminar workshop and influence to attend or sponsor some members to represent us in international conferences.
7,Help members to register there farms at affordable rates
8, cooperate and design a way to Cub the excesses of the fish buyers cartel and get a platform to sell at good rate and value add or processed fish for exportation.
Lots and lots more that i can not mention right now . .... so its a win win thing as we speak now 2 complete floating feed lines with horizontal mixers have been bought ready to be shipped to nigeria , the association office and vehicle is already on the ground ... .
Most of us take passion in helping to transfer positive information and the birth of the association will in no way derail or stop us in our quest to help growing farmers here or anywere .
The association is a choice thing and not a must thing GODBLESS
. U have spoken well sir

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ISOLfarms: 3:49am On Dec 24, 2015
ISOLfarms:

@Robonski: please also confirm that I deposit for my juv on this account details. Thanks.
oscarvicto:

@ robonski.

the mtn number you posted has never connected not even once. am ordering 1500 clarias juveniles. pls confirm this account number he sent to me KILANI EMMANYUEL 4752064797 ECOBANK before i make payment

@Robonski: please also confirm that I can deposit for my juv on this account details. Thanks.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by soft777(m): 9:53am On Dec 24, 2015
akingregnig:
I am fairly new to fish farming, I stocked my first set of 1550 post fingerlings in earthen pond last week and they are looking good. I haven't noticed any dead fishes floating yet. That must be good....majority of them have double in size in this one week. The only concern im having is algae, my pond looks so green in the late afternoons, is it healthy for my fishes? I av a flow through earthen pond with water coming in and out of my pond 24/7
The more concentrated green color you see on your pond water is because during the day the algae in your pond absorbs energy from the sun to reproduce and so by evening you see much greener color its a process called PHOTOSYNTHESIS ;
But from the color i see in your pond water, is very perfect .This exact color shows your pond have evidence of abundant nutrients and micro organism living in it . Which your fingerlings feed on , they are called natural food or live food, and this is the reason your fish have doubled in size.
Please and please do not add lime to your pond after your fish have been introduce to your water . you may loose all your fish due to high ph or ALKALINITY of your water , so pleas do not add anything , with this picture am seeing here your pond is ok .
Benefits of algae in your pond .
1, It help shade the underground pond water from direct sunlight and makes your water temperature not to fluctuate or change rapidly ,
2, The algae shade help makes the pond water darker which is ideal for catfish .
3, The nutrients from algae serves as food for micro organism living in your pond ,there by ensuring the survival or reproduction of these micro organism, which in turn becomes food for your fish .

The only disadvantage i see about algae, is they compete with your fish for oxygen in the water but that can be reduce, since you have constant flow of water .
To round it up your pond and fish is ok ,dont disturb there ecosystem with lime.
NOTE DO YOU KNOW FREE ALGEA CAN BE CULTURED AND PROCESSED USED TO MIX YOUR FEED ?

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by chilanfarms(m): 9:54am On Dec 24, 2015
akingregnig:
#Don't lime d pond looking green can be 2 things, either d oil from d feed or algae bloom. Flow thru from a stream,borehole or well?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by chilanfarms(m): 12:11pm On Dec 24, 2015
akingregnig:
#Don't lime d pond looking green can be 2 things, either d oil from d feed or algae bloom wic is actually very good 4 ur fish. Flow thru from a stream,borehole or well?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by atobzz: 3:32pm On Dec 24, 2015
Greetings colleagues, we have over 2tonnes of btw 1.4kg and 2.5kg catfish for sale in Ilorin, kwara state...serious buyers are needed...referrals will be very much appreciated...happy holidays...cheers

3 Likes

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by miqos02(m): 7:04pm On Dec 24, 2015
@seedorf,ayosat,fhemmy,belexy and co, ur attention is needed in groffa
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 7:36pm On Dec 24, 2015
ISOLfarms:

@Robonski: please also confirm that I can deposit for my juv on this account details. Thanks.

Yes sir you can deposit.. Thanks
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by superman007(m): 10:34pm On Dec 24, 2015
Unionised:

Lofty idea!
Great in theory.
But you guys need to do your homework.
Are you the government that you want to form an umbrella body?
What are your antecedents? You track record?
How many years experience?
What is the size and impact of your personal farms to the Nigerian local economy?
You want an umbrella body, great and fine, but who knows you in the society?
No insult intended. Just an eye-opener and reality check on what this entails.

Sorry, who is or will be the chairman of the association?
Does Nigeria know him or her?
What is his clout in the general scheme of things?

Oh! Lest I forget the most important question of all!
IS THERE NO UMBRELLA ASSOCIATION ALREADY??
The state Agric bodies nko?
Or the Federal?
What are they? PARACHUTE? abi dem be CANOPY?

Now let's come back to the GRASSROOTS...
So you expect the other 'private' associations to just fall in line and join this new "MESSIAHish" association?
Because you have all the solutions?

Let's wake up please and stop all these Merry go round that leads us no where.

DO YOUR HOMEWORK WELL.

Your idea is not new, just ask other associations. ITS IN THEIR CONSTITUTIONS too!!!

Let me advise you guys, Go for a 6-month internship at the STATE AND FEDERAL ASSOCIATIONS. Then come back and tell us the way forward.

For now, THERE ARE TOO MANY HOLES IN YOUR "IDEA".

Unless if, of course, your true purpose of forming the association is hidden from we the minions.

There's always a conspiracy theory somewhere.

I'm out.

dear Unionised thanks for your "contribution" but it is obvious from the tone that there is much venom in your statement. Let me help clarify some issues to you, i hope you will be so kind as to spare a minute or two to read through

1. ideas might appear lofty but from my experience and reasoning they are achieveable.
2. it is not a theory, this concept is in practice the world over especially in the new economies ( the Asian tigers)
3. You DON'T need to wait for the Government to form an umbrella body ( Ask Rockefeller and the likes).
4. The antecedents as you have asked are obvious for all to see ( a thread that has run for 2 yrs with forum member/farmers now recording higher and better yields due to quality information)
5. NO single farm ( even Obasanjo farms) has created a substantial support to the Nigerian economy, so i will refrain from saying " childish thought"
6. No one needs to know anybody to become a force in modern day Nigeria especially in the private sector. the Quality of your goods and the packaging and marketing will sell themselves ( Ask Indomie, Dangote cement or sugar or pasta).
7. An association will have a constitution so the position of chairman will be constitutional obviously. BUT people will ONLY vote in those with proven track records of success in maintaining and nurturing ( groups, business and the likes).
8. The government CANNOT teach the private sector about making profit EVER (Chrysler,Toyota, Mercedes, Dangote, MTN e.t.c.) internship so not needed.
9. Associations are not imposed so membership or alliances will obviously be strategic especially if it satisfies mutual interests.
10. Most of us will prefer to build the ship as we sail cause no plan is foolproof, it is the endeavour that will count. Please let the holes remain they will be patched.
11. This merry go round as you call it, is the zone where ideas are fashioned and refashioned as new information is supplied. ( brainstorming)
12. As a personal advice to ALL .ALWAYS THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX. That is the realm of true genius.The information available on this thread has helped many to open their own successful farms and God is still in the business of blessing our hustle.

Thank you Sir

5 Likes

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 5:41am On Dec 25, 2015
Here’s to hoping the Christmas season fills your home with the warmth and joyfulness that you and your family deserve.

Merry Christmas and a prosperous new year.

Robonski.

3 Likes

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by superman007(m): 5:45am On Dec 25, 2015
robonski15:
Here’s to hoping the Christmas season fills your home with the warmth and joyfulness that you and your family deserve.

Merry Christmas and a prosperous new year.

Robonski.

Amen Bro, wishing you same

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by GOLDLOVER: 6:56am On Dec 25, 2015
Merry christmass to everyone.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Jesusbaby6(f): 7:52am On Dec 25, 2015
Merry Christmas and a prosperous high fish sales new year
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by prologue: 7:56am On Dec 25, 2015
Hello, great house. Am glad to have found very useful info here. Had abandoned my fish farm but am now encouraged.
plz gurus, I will ask questions if need be, but let me completely read through the thread.
Thank you.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by sham2007: 9:29am On Dec 25, 2015
indncfarms:

This sounds like a very good idea. But I am wondering how fish farmers who are "upcountry" will be properly integrated in this plan. Can we benefit from the fingerlings/juvenile/feed sales with little/minimal additional logistical cost.
this is to confirm to you that I also got my fingerlings from robonski yesterday and destination is Abuja. some fishes are called shooters abi jumpers. but i call this ones flyers. Cos even with spending time on the way before arriving, they were very very active. I will advise you place your order now. Cos the fish demand pass supply ooo
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by soft777(m): 1:09pm On Dec 25, 2015
To further clear the air of some raised issue here ,as said earlier we are one big family and colleagues .And there is no power tussle among existing and about to be formed association .
Having said that , i still want to inform my fellow colleagues here to know that , we never in our write up said we are forming a national association that will represent all farmers in nigeria or the so called umbrella body .We are forming a private association that will accommodate all fish farmers all over nigeria .So we all can shear constructive idea ,innovations and prompt and fast execution with , to further increase our business ,better our profits and livelihood at large. it is not must but by choice.
2,There is no time we wrote here that all other associations must join us ,we only advised that, we are ready to work with any sister association in reaching our said goals on time and fast .
3 I dont think there is need to be powerful or know someone in high places to be able to improve on your business or form co-operatives to help ourselves .Personally i believe , with co operation, hard work, honesty and dedication we shall get there.The young shall grow.
4 .We Proposed having zonal co-ordinators in the major fish farming zones of the country, to enable an even and prmpt distribution of the very cheap floating feed, fingerlings and other benefits of the association to members to benefit ,but to me ,i still believe non members can still benefit in all areas.This will be worked out as we progress.
5,No matter how small your fish farm is , it does not matter, Every body is allowed to join irrespective of farm size .ALL benefits will be equal .
Please criticism are allowed but let it be constructive criticism , that will help us improve , grow and successful, Though i still find it difficult to understand how something that has not even started can be criticised with some such bitter wards ....at least let give the benefit of doubt and allow the proposed association to start first then you can be free to criticise the association of its short comings ,because i personally believe that constructive criticism in life help to further improve our potential in life.
And as for track records , you dont need to be 100 years in the business to have track records , quality speaks for itself , Some of us have break grounds in different fields of aquaculture , Some of us have been a member of a team that successfully designed the first almost zero electricity recycle systems used comercially, first of its kind in the world, and we are proud of our achievements . Some of us have been offered mouth watering offers by publishers to come up with books under there company name ,INNOVATIONS IN AQUAPONICS , HYDROPONICS , GELATIN FEEDS ; BIO GAS - making gas and electricity from animals, poultry and fish waste .... Introduction of first fresh water shrimp hatchery in Nigeria , polyculture of shrimp and tilapia raising them to table size with zero cost of feeding in 4 months and lots more ,,,We are ready to shear all this info with our dear colleagues .
Most especially, i believe no great thing comes easily , we never promised a smooth ride all through without hitches and we never promised miracles, but in as much as : there must be rivers to cross , mountains to climb , fences to jump over , journey to walk and so on , but after all we see a bright light at the end of the tunnel , with co operation together and determinations together we shall make it .
In this 2016 lets remove the old cloths of impossible and put on new cloths of possible . A journey of a thousand mile start with a step.
What God has designed can never fail .!!!! THE REVOLUTION 2016 HAS JUST BEGIN !!!!! wishing you all a JOYFUL AND MERRY CHRISTMAS !!!!

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) ... (523) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 178
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.