Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,477 members, 7,836,884 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:01 PM

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! - Agriculture (242) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! (1500239 Views)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Hatchery Business !!! / Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business / Catfish Farmers Lets Talk About Catfish Smoking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) ... (523) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Coolasd(m): 8:45am On Dec 28, 2015
condi1704:
Can I get raw soya from you and how can it get to Ibadan.

We are not into raw soya but we can arrange that. Please contact me via email. Thank you.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by osamovic(m): 9:10am On Dec 28, 2015
Pls everyone like after how many months is good to reuse a female fish after hatchery because after 2month+ two out of every four females give eggs
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by NUVEMBARZINTL(m): 9:19am On Dec 28, 2015
In our pursuit to serving you better via an effective and prompt communication channel, AFFON is now on whatsapp!!!

Do you wish to interract with other fish farmers? Do you wish to learn from other farmers? Do you wish to increase your productivity cum profitability? Do you wish to become a member of ALLIANCE FISH FARMERS OF NIGERIA? Or do you wish to contribute to the the growth of aquaculture in Nigeria? Brace yourself up as we embark on this journey of "AQUACULTURE REVOLUTION 2016".

Contact AFFON whatsapp grp admin: 08027247470

Wishing you all the very best!!!
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by timilehing(m): 9:57am On Dec 28, 2015
Adegbem01:
?
Do you buy from 1688.com?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by NUVEMBARZINTL(m): 10:53am On Dec 28, 2015
osamovic:
Pls everyone like after how many months is good to reuse a female fish after hatchery because after 2month+ two out of every four females give eggs
Do U mean to recycle a female fish after using it to spawn? If yes, pls, 2mths is not ideal to re-use a fish even though there'll be presence of some eggs. If I may ask, wht's the qty and qtty of eggs to expect from such fish? But if left alone and well fed for more couple of mths, U'll see not just the quantity but the quality of the eggs. My brother, the minimum period to re-use/recycle a fish if well fed is 3-4mths. Meanwhile, I'll like to beg U. Why not leave the fish to recuperate very well? Try to get another fish elsewhere while you even build your broodstock bank in the process... Thank you.

3 Likes

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by atanda2001uk(m): 12:39pm On Dec 28, 2015
To all Nairalanders.
Pls permit to bear my mind, at this point, on the topical issue on ground. i.e. the formation of an Association-AFFON.

Firstly, I want to commend Robonski and others for their useful contributions on this thread. There is no doubt that you are making positive impact on the lives of fellow fish farmers and that you are going to continue to impact positively in the future.

Secondly, let me highlight some issues that have led to a kind of altercations in the formation of the Association, as observed by me in various discussions and contributions by members:
1. Who owns or will own the feedmill you are proposing?
2. Who are the beneficiaries of the output of the feedmill?
3. Who are going to take responsibilities for any liabilities that might occur?
4. Who will contribute to the assets of the feedmill?
5. What are the conditions and/or qualifications for membership of the Association?
6. How is the organogram of the Association going to look like? Who is responsible for what?
7. Who are going to be officers/leaders of the Association and what are their responsibilities, tenure, qualifications, etc?
8. Of recent, how are the members going to meet and at what interval?

Thirdly, I want to say the more you continue to think about forming the Association, the more the questions that will be arising. This is because forming of a trade Association should be well planned and processes documented for future reference. For sustainability therefore, we need to ruminate well about most of these questions to enable us have a formidable and sustainable Association. We should NOT base the formation of the Association ONLY on our cordiality (engendered by friendship and benefits we are deriving or that will be derived in future from this thread) today; there are some guidelines and procedures to follow. And, we must not jettison these for sustainability. We cannot afford to miss the opportunity of doing things in proper manner, not because of today but for the future. I know many of us are active members of many other clubs, society, associations or movements and in their formations. We need people to serve this Association in "embryo" to be nurtured to growth.

I wish we have a Constitution for the Association before nomination of officers started but since it has started, I have no objection. But the most important thing is to ensure due process is followed so as forestall any disagreement or growse that might occur as a result of the way we form the Association.

Finally, I want to suggest to the principal actors to help us write a Constitution for the Association, display the Constitution for everybody to read and make contributions. In fact, the constitution is very important for registration.We will also need a bank account for the Association, etc,

I made this contribution with the assumption that the Association is going to be owned by members of this forum. Thank you.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by superman007(m): 1:39pm On Dec 28, 2015
osamovic:

You can reuse your females after 3 months but I keep mine till 4months. Egg ripening is quite stressful for the female. And do let it recuperate before reintroducting to the brood stock pond.

All the best.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by superman007(m): 1:44pm On Dec 28, 2015
atanda2001uk:
To all Nairalanders.
Pls permit to bear my mind, at this point, on the topical issue on ground. i.e. the formation of an Association-AFFON.

Firstly, I want to commend Robonski and others for their useful contributions on this thread. There is no doubt that you are making positive impact on the lives of fellow fish farmers and that you are going to continue to impact positively in the future.

Secondly, let me highlight some issues that have led to a kind of altercations in the formation of the Association, as observed by me in various discussions and contributions by members:
5. What are the conditions and/or qualifications for membership of the Association?
6. How is the organogram of the Association going to look like? Who is responsible for what?
7. Who are going to be officers/leaders of the Association and what are their responsibilities, tenure, qualifications, etc?

Thirdly, I want to say the more you continue to think about forming the Association, the more the questions that will be arising. This is because forming of a trade Association should be well planned and processes documented for future reference. For sustainability therefore, we need to ruminate well about most of these questions to enable us have a formidable and sustainable Association. We should NOT base the formation of the Association ONLY on our cordiality (engendered by friendship and benefits we are deriving or that will be derived in future from this thread) today; there are some guidelines and procedures to follow. And, we must not jettison these for sustainability. We cannot afford to miss the opportunity of doing things in proper manner, not because of today but for the future. I know many of us are active members of many other clubs, society, associations or movements and in their formations. We need people to serve this Association in "embryo" to be nurtured to growth.

I wish we have a Constitution for the Association before nomination of officers started but since it has started, I have no objection. But the most important thing is to ensure due process is followed so as forestall any disagreement or growse that might occur as a result of the way we form the Association.

Finally, I want to suggest to the principal actors to help us write a Constitution for the Association, display the Constitution for everybody to read and make contributions. In fact, the constitution is very important for registration.We will also need a bank account for the Association, etc,

I made this contribution with the assumption that the Association is going to be owned by members of this forum. Thank you.

Dear Admin,
I agree with this input. It will be worthwhile if we can get a constitution to guide our activities.

Long live AFFON.
Long live Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Fhemmmy: 5:40pm On Dec 28, 2015
NUVEMBARZINTL:
In our pursuit to serving you better via an effective and prompt communication channel, AFFON is now on whatsapp!!!

Do you wish to interract with other fish farmers? Do you wish to learn from other farmers? Do you wish to increase your productivity cum profitability? Do you wish to become a member of ALLIANCE FISH FARMERS OF NIGERIA? Or do you wish to contribute to the the growth of aquaculture in Nigeria? Brace yourself up as we embark on this journey of "AQUACULTURE REVOLUTION 2016".

Contact AFFON whatsapp grp admin: 08027247470

Congratulations pal.... looking forward to working with you as nd seeing you at the top.... you have a text....awaiting your response.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Adegbem01(m): 7:18pm On Dec 28, 2015
timilehing:
Do you buy from 1688.com?
The site is really complicated apart from the language thing so I don't go there
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by soft777(m): 8:05pm On Dec 28, 2015
atanda2001uk:
To all Nairalanders.

very intelligent guy ,we formed the whatsapp today and it has been hot debate there ,,,ALL YOUR QUESTIONS HAVE BEEN NOTED AND BEEN WORKED ON RIGHT AWAY THANK U A MILLION IT SHOWS YOU HAVE THE ASSOCIATION AT HEART
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Victory14: 11:48pm On Dec 28, 2015
Season's greetings to all members of this noble thread. Table size catfish of 1kg and above are available for sale, kindly contact me on 08175695788. I rep AFFON!
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by chilanfarms(m): 6:42am On Dec 29, 2015
atanda2001uk:
To all Nairalanders.

#Attanda ma IB homie well said. God Bless ur brain.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Marcusinoh(m): 6:30pm On Dec 29, 2015
I am a fresh graduate waiting for service. Since the past two months I've been training in a large catfish farm at Ifo. The experience so far has been interesting..
I'd like to ask if the whatsapp group also welcomes prospective fish farmers like me..
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Jesusbaby6(f): 7:23pm On Dec 29, 2015
Marcusinoh:
I am a fresh graduate waiting for service. Since the past two months I've been training in a large catfish farm at Ifo. The experience so far has been interesting..
I'd like to ask if the whatsapp group also welcomes prospective fish farmers like me..

Yes
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 9:34pm On Dec 29, 2015
Marcusinoh:
You are most welcomed sir.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 4:17pm On Dec 30, 2015
From the 15th of January our fast growing Dutch clarias fingerlings and juveniles will be ready for sale. Pls call 07043941307 to place your orders. Thanks
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by soft777(m): 11:55pm On Dec 30, 2015
on friday morning a topic on water management will be posted HAPPY NEW YEAR IN ADVANCE
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Uokhaboy: 12:05am On Dec 31, 2015
robonski15:
From the 15th of January our fast growing Dutch clarias fingerlings and juveniles will be ready for sale. Pls call 07043941307 to place your orders. Thanks

Oga Robonski, please I want to know the estimated WEIGHT of your fast growing juvenile catfish.
We(my friend and I) shall be ordering for quite a large number from you because we tired of buying runt here at IB.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by condi1704(m): 2:00am On Dec 31, 2015
robonski15:
how much
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by miqos02(m): 3:22am On Dec 31, 2015
happy new year in advance

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Eazeee(m): 10:20am On Dec 31, 2015
Pls house can a public servant go into catfish farming? if yes, then can some1 help me with d name & address of a fish farm around Nyanya-Mararaba axis of abuja 2 obtain a practical knowledge pls
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 8:29pm On Dec 31, 2015
Eazeee:
Pls house can a public servant go into catfish farming? if yes, then can some1 help me with d name & address of a fish farm around Nyanya-Mararaba axis of abuja 2 obtain a practical knowledge pls

Hello sir, contact juve farms. His farm is around that axis.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 8:30pm On Dec 31, 2015
condi1704:
how much

#8 for fingerlimgs and #10 juvenile.. Thanks
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 8:37pm On Dec 31, 2015
Uokhaboy:

Oga Robonski, please I want to know the estimated WEIGHT of your fast growing juvenile catfish.
We(my friend and I) shall be ordering for quite a large number from you because we tired of buying runt here at IB.

Hello sir, the estimated weight is 15grms.. We sell only the best of the best for maximum profit.... No runts
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Fhemmmy: 10:21pm On Dec 31, 2015
robonski15:

Hello sir, the estimated weight is 15grms.. We sell only the best of the best for maximum profit.... No runts

I trust you, sir . . .keep up with the good work.(Novice of the year, say thanks)
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Fhemmmy: 12:10am On Jan 01, 2016

Happy New Year to Everyone on the Agricultural section of Nairalander

Together we had fun last year and 2016 will be awesome

Let us feed Nigerians while we smile to the bank.

. . . . .May the Love, grace, mercy and Favor of God be ours in 2016 . . . . Get ready for great things with Blessings. . . .
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 1:21am On Jan 01, 2016
From the management of FRESH ORGANIC FARMS we will like to wish every participant of this thread and viewers a prosperous New year with lots of blessings,Happiness with good health.

We shall spread and feed the nation..

Thanks

Robosnki

4 Likes

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by drollster(m): 10:37am On Jan 01, 2016
robonski15:
Please add me to the whatsapp group too. Thanks. 08033512838.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Stanleyobey: 11:42am On Jan 01, 2016
robonski15:

Oga robonski long time.abeg how much is your hybrid.abeg text me ur number 07031067172.stanley from Abuja
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by chilanfarms(m): 12:39pm On Jan 01, 2016
HappyNewYear from us @ Chilanfarms to all our beautiful business partners on this tread, wana appreciate all my oga's in da building, Robonski,Nuvemberfarmz,Soft77,juvefarms to mention few. May this greater year unfold all its blessing upon us and our family @ large.
Aguntasolo Lanre
COO Chilanfarmz
07065874135 07076515345

2 Likes

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Marcusinoh(m): 5:00pm On Jan 01, 2016
robonski15:

please give me the whatsapp number

(1) (2) (3) ... (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) ... (523) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.