Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,593 members, 7,861,836 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 08:45 PM

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! - Agriculture (244) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! (1507707 Views)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Hatchery Business !!! / Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business / Catfish Farmers Lets Talk About Catfish Smoking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) ... (523) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Abidemi501(m): 1:06pm On Jan 05, 2016
Hello reader, Is there anyone in this thread who can teach and expose me to A to Z of fish farming. The person or coy must be around Ibadan not far from Lag/Ib expresway. He must be exprienced farmer and wud av achieved vastly thru d fishing farming. Kindly drop ur phone number. So that i can reach u or send me email at abidemiadeyeye@gmail.com
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 2:51pm On Jan 05, 2016
HQ111:
Happy New year.

I joined the forum last year and have leant a lot. thanks to everybody who shared their expensive knowledge free of charge. May Almighty Allah bless you all.

@robonski15 I sent you a mail earlier today regarding how I can meet you for advice and attend you next training on hatching (spawning). I intend to start operations by next month and advice on to prepare the site due to issue regarding the location.

thanks
Quadri Hammed
quadri8400@yahoo.com

Hello sir, the next training will be sometime in next month, i will inform the house soonest about the date of the training..
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by donsufia: 6:58pm On Jan 05, 2016
robonski15:
From the 15th of January our fast growing Dutch clarias fingerlings and juveniles will be ready for sale. Pls call 07043941307 to place your orders. Thanks

Robonski, I called from uyo for Dutch Clarias juveniles and I have sent an attached mail as demanded to robonski15@gmail.com.

Thanks for your nice work.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by HQ111: 11:31am On Jan 06, 2016
Morning everyone, pls where can I get a plastic or tarpaulin pond with capacity to hold 1000 fish to maturity, I will appreciate any info on where I can get it and at what cost.

thanks and God bless
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 3:11pm On Jan 06, 2016
donsufia:

Robonski, I called from uyo for Dutch Clarias juveniles and I have sent an attached mail as demanded to robonski15@gmail.com.

Thanks for your nice work.

Hello sir, yes I got your mail. Thanks
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 3:46pm On Jan 06, 2016
HQ111:
Morning everyone, pls where can I get a plastic or tarpaulin pond with capacity to hold 1000 fish to maturity, I will appreciate any info on where I can get it and at what cost.

thanks and God bless

You can contact kingdom aquarium to get the latest price for the pond 08037217791. you can still check the thread for some past advert.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by HQ111: 4:35pm On Jan 06, 2016
robonski15:

You can contact kingdom aquarium to get the latest price for the pond 08037217791. you can still check the thread for some past advert.
@robonski15 thank you for quick response I will call immediately.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jan 06, 2016
pharmsy:

You can get broodstock at itamaga close to sabo market ikorodu

[size=14pt]
Please Sir, kindly help with their full address and contacts. Thanks[/size]
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by sham2007: 4:32am On Jan 07, 2016
atanda2001uk:
To Robonski and Fellow Nairalanders.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

This is a very good news to start the new year. I also register my felicitation. Thanks to Robonski and others for taking the necessary steps to realizing the dreams and more grease to your elbow.

Fellow Nairalanders, pls I have this observation. It seems we have been concentrating our energies on the supply side of the business, i.e. how to improve the methodologies of fish farming to enhance output, starting from different kinds of ponds, seeds, feeds, water management, and harvesting. What about the demand side? How can we, as an association or group, ensure we break the barriers to self-sustainance in fish (many kind of fishes) production in Nigeria? How can we get the ears of the government to gradually set the machineries in motion to put a partial ban (and later total ban) on fish importation like they are doing for rice production now?

In addition, I can remember some people engage in dried fish for exportation. Can we have some people, already doing this successfully (I mean profitably with consistent market) engage on how to make dried fish produced in Nigeria acceptable worldwide? Can these people dedicate themselves (like Robonski and the likes doing currently on feeds and improved practices in fish farming, generally) to improve on the method(s) of smoking that is/are of very acceptable standards worldwide? Are they ready to share their experiences on this forum so that other people can learn? Can we also organize ourselves by zones for dried fish exportation?

We need total explosion in fish farming in Nigeria since the challenges and opportunities are right there in front of us as good and dedicated Nigerians. Fish is one of the products we are wasting a lot of our hard earned foreign currencies on. The sky will just be the limit for us if we can succeed in the two directions. I am just thinking.....

Thanks for your understanding beyond the little I managed to say for now.
This is definately on point. please can people who are into drying and export come up with a sort of blue print like what robonski and soft are doing on feed and seed. After all its a win win situation for all. I look forward to responses from our experts in the house.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by sham2007: 4:39am On Jan 07, 2016
sham2007:
We have unadulterated original fish oil availabe please contact 08181237340 for details to any location in Nigeria
you can place your orders today.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 2:59pm On Jan 07, 2016
HQ111:
@robonski15 thank you for quick response I will call immediately.

How much does each go for sir..
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 7:18pm On Jan 07, 2016
If you have melange size for sale 500 grams and above pls kindly contact me.. Thanks
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by hisableplc(m): 6:23am On Jan 08, 2016
robonski15:
If you have melange size for sale 500 grams and above pls kindly contact me.. Thanks

thats no more melange its nie medium table size if its above 500g i have 350-500g now ny the time it will be available for sale by ending u wil be having that sizes.
Call 09094603249
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by hisableplc(m): 6:29am On Jan 08, 2016
pharmsy:
Good day to every member of the house. Please I have 50 female fishes that I kept for broodstock. They are 1 year and 3 months now but I've not been able to use them for spawning because none has egg. What could be the problem.is 1 year and 3 months not enough?

introduce male to them for a while u.should get.result
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 5:28pm On Jan 08, 2016
hisableplc:

thats no more melange its nie medium table size if its above 500g i have 350-500g now ny the time it will be available for sale by ending u wil be having that sizes.
Call 09094603249

My bro it was an error, 300 - 500g.. will give you a call.. Thanks
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by hisableplc(m): 5:39pm On Jan 08, 2016
robonski15:

My bro it was an error, 300 - 500g.. will give you a call.. Thanks

Its ok i get ya expecting your call
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by HQ111: 7:25am On Jan 09, 2016
robonski15:

How much does each go for sir..

@robonski I did call them yesterday and the woman said 100k for 10 by 10. I think if its not too expensive. can I get it somewhere else cheaper or a cheaper alternative. I don't want to use concrete pond cos the land I want to use is not mine so want something movable. please let me know if I can get better option
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by nikaShow(m): 10:33am On Jan 09, 2016
Abidemi501:
Hello reader, Is there anyone in this thread who can teach and expose me to A to Z of fish farming. The person or coy must be around Ibadan not far from Lag/Ib expresway. He must be exprienced farmer and wud av achieved vastly thru d fishing farming. Kindly drop ur phone number. So that i can reach u or send me email at abidemiadeyeye@gmail.com

If you are new to fish farming, why don't You take our Fish Farm tour, where we take you to visit and learn from different successful fish farms with different setups, ask them questions and know why they do what they do. You can read up on this learning experience by checking this page...https://www.nairaland.com/2848773/visit-catfish-farms-learn-practically
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by nikaShow(m): 10:34am On Jan 09, 2016
HQ111:

@robonski I did call them yesterday and the woman said 100k for 10 by 10. I think if its not too expensive. can I get it somewhere else cheaper or a cheaper alternative. I don't want to use concrete pond cos the land I want to use is not mine so want something movable. please let me know if I can get better option

Hq, where is your location?

You can call 08072216267 for your mobile ponds
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by TEHILLAFARMS: 1:51pm On Jan 09, 2016
Happy new year to the forum.
Read through all posts here and gained a lot. I salute all who gave generously from their wealth of experience. May your rewards not end ooo. Its a new year of new beginnings and I have began by joining the forum and sat
down to consider all I have ingested. Now action time. Cheers and long live AFFON for ingenuity.

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 2:14pm On Jan 09, 2016
HQ111:

Contact nikaShow I have been searching for his contact ever since, he is good at what he does..

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 2:15pm On Jan 09, 2016
nikaShow:

Hq, where is your location?

You can call 08072216267 for your mobile ponds
My chairman where have you been?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by jumich1(m): 2:31pm On Jan 09, 2016
HQ111:

Depending on your location, if you're around eastern part of the country, you can call Gratis concepts on 08098068966, they built 12ft by 12ft by 4ft high quality tarpaulin mobile pond for me @60,000 each.

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by jumich1(m): 2:37pm On Jan 09, 2016
Happy new year to the forum.
Read through all posts here and gained a lot. I salute all who gave generously from their wealth of experience. May God reward you all with His continuous blessings.
please l need a very good quality brood stock for my hatching.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by femioguns4u4luv: 2:49pm On Jan 09, 2016
please sir do u av a whatsapp group for fish farmer
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by nikaShow(m): 3:05pm On Jan 09, 2016
robonski15:

Lolsss, Robonski, I dey 'inderground' ni o, I see 'AFFON' is here to stay !
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Stanleyobey: 4:52pm On Jan 09, 2016
robonski15:

Oga robonski I send u message since no reply,abeg send me ur number.stanley Abuja.07031067172
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 5:42pm On Jan 09, 2016
Stanleyobey:

Oga robonski I send u message since no reply,abeg send me ur number.stanley Abuja.07031067172

My chairman where did you send me the message?? Lets have a chat on my whatsapp..
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Sunnycliff(m): 6:22pm On Jan 09, 2016
Here is integrity farms. Proudly joining the House.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 9:18pm On Jan 09, 2016
Sunnycliff:
Here is integrity farms. Proudly joining the House.

You are most welcome sir, Where is your location sir?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Sunnycliff(m): 9:25pm On Jan 09, 2016
robonski15:

You are most welcome sir, Where is your location sir?
Owerri IMO
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by HQ111: 9:49pm On Jan 09, 2016
robonski15:

Contact nikaShow I have been searching for his contact ever since, he is good at what he does..

thanks brother, I will call him immediately.

(1) (2) (3) ... (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) ... (523) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.