Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,102 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:51 AM

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! - Agriculture (263) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! (1493610 Views)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Hatchery Business !!! / Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business / Catfish Farmers Lets Talk About Catfish Smoking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) ... (523) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 9:28am On Mar 07, 2016
eseosa77:
Look at my juvenile fish after eating galetin feeds.this is chop and quench.lol
See belle like water tanker.
how old is your juvenile?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 9:39am On Mar 07, 2016
fzero:

I harvested last Saturday, for the first time I made a very reasonable profit using the gelatine feed, a friend I introduced the feed has been thanking me ever since the rate at which they grow and gain weight with an FCR of 0.8 is amazing. You can start giving them from fingerlings
what was the duration?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Ttalk: 1:41pm On Mar 07, 2016
@ Robonski, I have to express my displeasure regarding 4000pieces of juvenile i ordered from you and to be delivered to Abuja since 11 of February this year. It will be one month this week since i placed the order with full payment for the juveniles yet i have not hear from you or your sales manager despite several calls to him. I have personally e-mail my GSM number to you but havent heard from you or your staff, my several calls to your sales manager has yielded no result as well, what is really going on? Your delay in delivery despite promising 1week after payment has made me wasted so much time.

If the juveniles are ready what is causing the delay in supply?

If they are not ready, why not inform your customer about it so as not to strain business relationship?

Please, kindly attend to my request as a matter of urgency

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 3:01pm On Mar 07, 2016
Ttalk:

If the juveniles are ready what is causing the delay in supply?

If they are not ready, why not inform your customer about it so as not to strain business relationship?

Please, kindly attend to my request as a matter of urgency

I am deeply sorry about the delay, i will give you a call..
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Ttalk: 3:37pm On Mar 07, 2016
robonski15:

I am deeply sorry about the delay, i will give you a call..

Alright sir
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by dondo83(m): 3:49pm On Mar 07, 2016
Ttalk:

Alright sir

Hello, good afternoon. i can see ur in abuja, i will like to get some info from you for my fish farm. can i have your email or a no we can chat with?

regards
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by chidarl85: 3:57pm On Mar 07, 2016
chidarl85:
Hello everyone, please I would appreciate any and every advise on building a concrete pond for catfish. I have plans for six 10ft (L) x 6ft (W) x 4ft (D) dimension pond. What do you suggest I do to avoid any mistakes? How many fish can be stocked in this pond size from fingerling to maturity for optimal growth? Is it advisable to put tiles in the pond walls after plastering? How soon after building the pond can I stock? How much water should I have in the pond for the required amount of fish? Please any help and advise at all will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Still waiting for help oh...everyone's jst ignoring me!
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by koxyz: 5:02pm On Mar 07, 2016
chidarl85:

Don't be lazy,do yourself a favour by reading from the begning.

2 Likes

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by oweniwe(m): 5:15pm On Mar 07, 2016
pharmsy:
Good day house. I'm thinking of demolishing my concrete ponds and changing to earthen. Is earthen really better? Someone should advice me pls.

Why not simply inlay the concrete pond with tarpaulin?

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Ttalk: 5:18pm On Mar 07, 2016
dondo83:

Hello, good afternoon. i can see ur in abuja, i will like to get some info from you for my fish farm. can i have your email or a no we can chat with?

regards

You are highly welcome sir

My e-mail: goldgate2003@yahoo.com
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Ttalk: 5:38pm On Mar 07, 2016
chidarl85:

You can get expert to help you construct one or visit farms with concrete pond and ask question

To construct concrete pond, you can design your pond and as well supervise the construction if the builder is not vast in such construction

It is better to use 9 inch block but you can still use 6 inch block but the hollow need to be filled with concrete

You can erect supporting pillars to ensure the firmness of the pond

2 Likes

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by dondo83(m): 5:52pm On Mar 07, 2016
Ttalk:

You are highly welcome sir
My e-mail: goldgate2003@yahoo.com
Thank u for the quick response. message sent.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by vickychuk(m): 6:28pm On Mar 07, 2016
Jswart:

Hi Vicky I'm Juliet I'm also about to start constructing my pond. I'm in Portharcourt as well. Can I reach you. This is my number 08083337656.
sure!! this is my what's app number 08126100804
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by chidarl85: 6:54pm On Mar 07, 2016
Ttalk:

You can get expert to help you construct one or visit farms with concrete pond and ask question

To construct concrete pond, you can design your pond and as well supervise the construction if the builder is not vast in such construction

It is better to use 9 inch block but you can still use 6 inch block but the hollow need to be filled with concrete

You can erect supporting pillars to ensure the firmness of the pond

Thanks a bunch Ttalk...does filling the hollow apply to both the 9inch and 6inch blocks? Or just the 6inch? And den after plastering, is it advisable to put tiles on the walls and floor?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by eseosa77(m): 8:26pm On Mar 07, 2016
excelsiorfarm:
how old is your juvenile?

I bought them as fingerlings two woks ago and 60% of ther are aready juvenile.I did the sorting yesterday .
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Jswart: 8:28pm On Mar 07, 2016
chidarl85:
Hello everyone, please I would appreciate any and every advise on building a concrete pond for catfish. I have plans for six 10ft (L) x 6ft (W) x 4ft (D) dimension pond. What do you suggest I do to avoid any mistakes? How many fish can be stocked in this pond size from fingerling to maturity for optimal growth? Is it advisable to put tiles in the pond walls after plastering? How soon after building the pond can I stock? How much water should I have in the pond for the required amount of fish? Please any help and advise at all will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

To know the stocking density do a calculation to get the volume of the tank. For a 10x6x4ft the volume will be 6.912. So if you can stock 90 fishes per square meter it will be 90*6.192=557fishes. So it also depends on the type of system you are doing. I will suggest you use 15ft length 6ft Width and 4ft depth to achieve 1000 fishes. As for the construction let the professionals handle that. I'm also looking so someone to construct for me in Portharcourt.

2 Likes

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by chilanfarms(m): 8:54pm On Mar 07, 2016
sundayidok:
I need a fingerling of the species of Heterobrances Clarias This is just the species I wanted if you have you can contact me I am in Abuja 07059977546
# hetroclarias (Hybrid fingerlin) is #20. Contact me on 08076515345...
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by dondo83(m): 8:54pm On Mar 07, 2016
how much is melange per kilo in your area? please state your price and location
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by dondo83(m): 8:56pm On Mar 07, 2016
chilanfarms:
# hetroclarias (Hybrid fingerlin) is #20. Contact me on 08076515345...

for we learners , does this specie grow faster or what?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by chilanfarms(m): 9:11pm On Mar 07, 2016
koxyz:
# smiles... wat n wat do u need? U can talk to me thru whatsapp 07065874135.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by chilanfarms(m): 9:17pm On Mar 07, 2016
koxyz:
# smiles... wat n wat do u need? U can talk to me thru whatsapp 07065874135.
dondo83:

for we learners , does this specie grow faster or what?
# hetroclarias grow faster dan local clarias n tastes sweeter. Best cultured for table size.

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by chilanfarms(m): 9:21pm On Mar 07, 2016
dondo83:
how much is melange per kilo in your area? please state your price and location
# 380-420 per kilo sa. Am based in IBADAN d Largest city in west Africa grin
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by fzero: 9:49pm On Mar 07, 2016
excelsiorfarm:
what was the duration?
4 and half month.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by abdulumar: 12:39am On Mar 08, 2016
koxyz:
Good day AbdulUmar,please I need some clarification from you,in your system set up,the water in the white tank is it direct from the biofilter or from the outlet of the fish tanks?Which type of biofilter are you using? Is it the imported one or the local assemble one?If it's the locally assemble one,which biofiltrating media did you used?

The water is straight from the biofilter.... The filtration system was built personally. It's a two step unit.... First step is solids removal( feed and surface dirt), second step is removal of finer particles and nitrification. Filtration media comprise of bio balls and other materials.

The size of your system should largely determine your biofilteration requirements..... I have about 14,000 liters in circulation with a 300liter capacity biofilter.... My growbed complements the filtration activity by reducing nitrate level. For example... I have a pH of about 8 in door and 7.2 in the white tank outside....
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by fzero: 5:11pm On Mar 08, 2016
abdulumar:

The water is straight from the biofilter.... The filtration system was built personally. It's a two step unit.... First step is solids removal( feed and surface dirt), second step is removal of finer particles and nitrification. Filtration media comprise of bio balls and other materials.

The size of your system should largely determine your biofilteration requirements..... I have about 14,000 liters in circulation with a 300liter capacity biofilter.... My growbed complements the filtration activity by reducing nitrate level. For example... I have a pH of about 8 in door and 7.2 in the white tank outside....

Wow

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 8:18pm On Mar 08, 2016
fzero:
4 and half month.
ok,thanks
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 8:20pm On Mar 08, 2016
eseosa77:

I bought them as fingerlings two woks ago and 60% of ther are aready juvenile.I did the sorting yesterday .
ok,thanks
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by indncfarms: 8:59pm On Mar 08, 2016
fzero:

I used magnet feed at the third month, my cost reduced drastically. I just started with a new set and the rate at which the fishes are growing is like a miracle grin.

What kind of pond do you use? Earthen or Concrete?
If concrete, how do you manage water pollution?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by fzero: 9:18pm On Mar 08, 2016
indncfarms:

What kind of pond do you use? Earthen or Concrete?
If concrete, how do you manage water pollution?
I use concrete with no water pollution, though I use the pelleted magnet feed.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by indncfarms: 9:45pm On Mar 08, 2016
vickychuk:

Wow thanks... its actually closer to me than I thought. Any idea on the dimension of each tank and price range? #FishFarmingHereICome

They tanks are 1000 liters capacity. I do not know the dimension nor the price.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Ttalk: 11:21am On Mar 09, 2016
chidarl85:

Thanks a bunch Ttalk...does filling the hollow apply to both the 9inch and 6inch blocks? Or just the 6inch? And den after plastering, is it advisable to put tiles on the walls and floor?

If you can afford it you can as well fill 9inch block but putting tiles in pond that will be filled with fish slime is like trying to dig one's grave may God forbid. If the floor is well concrete and plastered with all the edges cemented there will be no leakages
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by nony92: 12:51pm On Mar 09, 2016
Are you based in the south - south or south-east part of Nigeria?
Are you in need of cat fish fingerlings (Fast growing pure Clarias Gariepinus) For your fish farm?
Pls contact me (nonso) on 08169849877
It goes for 10 naira each.
We have over one million catfish fingerlings for sale!!!
... Contact ASAP!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) ... (523) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.