Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,292 members, 7,836,281 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:26 AM

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! - Agriculture (267) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! (1500097 Views)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Hatchery Business !!! / Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business / Catfish Farmers Lets Talk About Catfish Smoking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) ... (523) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by donclassfarm: 9:01am On Mar 18, 2016
donclassfarm:

loz.......
My brother it is the dinning table for gelatin catfish
Used by all pond types for feeding of powderd gelatin feed tongue
For all nearby states
Rivers.....Delta....Imo....and Bayelsa book for 5bsgs+ and get one dinning table for free
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by sundayidok(m): 9:11am On Mar 18, 2016
I am based in Abuja I need a brooding stock of Clarius Garipinus Pls holler me 07059977546
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Ttalk: 11:37am On Mar 18, 2016
Oga Robonski, i'm looking forward to the 20th date of delivery of my juveniles. My ponds have been ready for sometimes. Below is the view of the new ponds.

1 Share

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by noblefarm: 7:55pm On Mar 18, 2016
Someone said something abt garlic in fish feed, has anyone tried that?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by mozek24: 10:53pm On Mar 18, 2016
donclassfarm:

loz.......
My brother it is the dinning table for gelatin catfish
Used by all pond types for feeding of powderd gelatin feed tongue

Lolz........

Nothing wey person nor go hear.

Dinning table kor, dinning chair ni

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by donclassfarm: 9:34am On Mar 19, 2016
Superb concrete pond. .....can we have pic of before plastering so we can have something to comment........ for now one big error
Please fill all the conners of each pond not to be V-Shape or you stand to have problem with the pond
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by donclassfarm: 9:44am On Mar 19, 2016
[quote author=Ttalk post=43880113]Oga Robonski, i'm looking forward to the 20th date of delivery of my juveniles. My ponds have been ready for sometimes. Below is the view of the new ponds.[/quoteuperb concrete pond. .....can we have pic of before plastering so we can have something to comment........ for now one big error
Please fill all the conners of each pond not to be V-Shape or you stand to have problem with the pond
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by amadasunfarm(m): 12:50pm On Mar 19, 2016
please house how truth is this,

In using concrete pond, the fish only consume what you give to them unlike in earthen pond where they can get natural foods from the soil. my advice is to line the bottom of the concrete pond with clay soil to about 0.15 meters high. i do mix the clay soil with chicken manure before lining at the bottom of the concrete tank, this help to produce natural food in the pond and also create natural habitat for the fish

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by vickifeanyi47(m): 7:19pm On Mar 19, 2016
I just got about 300 juvenile. I was told by the farmer who sold to me that I need to give them vitamin and antibiotic in their water...Any advice on that, thanks
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by olorunosebilae: 3:49pm On Mar 20, 2016
@oga abix pls why is full fat soya so important in your formula cos soya meal is cheaper
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by donclassfarm: 5:13pm On Mar 20, 2016
Abraka man you can get the feed direct from manufactura. .....you have discussed with me and i promised to send your feed to you after 3hours of payment........i stand on my word to give you the best service sir.
Thanks
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by donclassfarm: 5:18pm On Mar 20, 2016
Businesstools:
@ Robonski15: I have been trying to get your Gelatin feed, but all the distributors within my location (Abraka, Delta State) do not have the pelleted one. How can I order directly? Secondly, please change to contact on the Gelatin Ad to the one you guys pick. I have called the line, 09054672750 more than twenty times without any one answering or returning my calls. Robonski15

Abraka man you can't get the feed direct from manufactural only the distributors can supply you the gelantin feed .....you have discussed with me and i promised to send your feed to you after 3hours of payment........i stand on my word to give you the best service sir.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Fhemmmy: 9:05pm On Mar 20, 2016
Ttalk:
Oga Robonski, i'm looking forward to the 20th date of delivery of my juveniles. My ponds have been ready for sometimes. Below is the view of the new ponds.

Nice looking pond . . . . How are the fishes enjoying their new home?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ab1x: 6:38am On Mar 21, 2016
olorunosebilae:
@oga abix pls why is full fat soya so important in your formula cos soya meal is cheaper

I posted toasted soya not soya meal and it is quite cheaper. Also, when quoting me, the ID is ab1x so that I will be able to reply on time.

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Ttalk: 9:15am On Mar 21, 2016
Fhemmmy:

Nice looking pond . . . . How are the fishes enjoying their new home?

People should help me prevail on Mr Robonski to supply my juvenile since i February 11, 2016. I have try as much as possible not to bring this to the forum simply because i wanted to respect individual business right but he has not kept his part of the agreement even after he promise to deliver on the 20th which lapse on Sunday and there has not been call or message from him or any of his associate.

Is this the way you intend to help upcoming farmers? I dont understand the continual delay in supply despite initial promise that supply will be made one week after payment. Your sale manager told me there are juveniles on ground but he needs you to give him the go ahead of which you have intentionally denied to give. Remember i have to scan the teller of payment to your e-mail at the instance of Mr Soft777 who said there was a mix-up and yet you failed to supply the juveniles.

Mr Nuvembarz, Phemmy, Ayosat, Ab1x and others that have direct contact of Mr Robonski & Soft 777 should prevail on them to do the needful. We have come a long way to build relationship and establish integrity, i dont want to be seen as someone who would tarnish such image.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by jaz(m): 10:43am On Mar 21, 2016
hmmmmmmmm lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Nobody: 12:38pm On Mar 21, 2016
Anybody with a fish farm around lekki/ Ajah area should please signify am an intending fish farmer that has done a lot of reading but needs a pratical experience, will love to come around during weekends to get pratical knowledge. will be grateful for your help
my mail sedeqq@yahoo.com

thanks
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Saf999(f): 7:49pm On Mar 21, 2016
Gud day to all nairaland members am a newbie, have been into fish Farming since 2013 with unsuccessful harvest i jst came across this thread and found it very informative so i want to give it anoda try. Pls i want to ask can i spawn in an open air while covering the vast secondly since artemia is scarce in my locality can i grind coppen feed into powdery form and feed to the fries ur urgent response will be highly appreciated Thanx to all the ogas and fellow members of this thread may God bless u all.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Nobody: 8:27pm On Mar 21, 2016
sodiksan:
Anybody with a fish farm around lekki/ Ajah area should please signify am an intending fish farmer that has done a lot of reading but needs a pratical experience, will love to come around during weekends to get pratical knowledge. will be grateful for your help
my mail sedeqq@yahoo.com

thanks
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by NUVEMBARZINTL(m): 12:04am On Mar 22, 2016
vickifeanyi47:
I just got about 300 juvenile. I was told by the farmer who sold to me that I need to give them vitamin and antibiotic in their water...Any advice on that, thanks
Very correct. That's to help them from stress & also build their immune system.

Wishing you aLl the very best!!!
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by NUVEMBARZINTL(m): 12:09am On Mar 22, 2016
Saf999:
Gud day to all nairaland members am a newbie, have been into fish Farming since 2013 with unsuccessful harvest i jst came across this thread and found it very informative so i want to give it anoda try. Pls i want to ask can i spawn in an open air while covering the vast secondly since artemia is scarce in my locality can i grind coppen feed into powdery form and feed to the fries ur urgent response will be highly appreciated Thanx to all the ogas and fellow members of this thread may God bless u all.
Yes!!! You can spawn outside. Just make sure that you WELL COVERED!!! You can feed ur fries with coppens 0.2mm. Just a little quantity. Also, egg yolk & 72% fish meal. Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best!!!

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by NUVEMBARZINTL(m): 12:21am On Mar 22, 2016
Ttalk:

People should help me prevail on Mr Robonski to supply my juvenile since i February 11, 2016. I have try as much as possible not to bring this to the forum simply because i wanted to respect individual business right but he has not kept his part of the agreement even after he promise to deliver on the 20th which lapse on Sunday and there has not been call or message from him or any of his associate.

Is this the way you intend to help upcoming farmers? I dont understand the continual delay in supply despite initial promise that supply will be made one week after payment. Your sale manager told me there are juveniles on ground but he needs you to give him the go ahead of which you have intentionally denied to give. Remember i have to scan the teller of payment to your e-mail at the instance of Mr Soft777 who said there was a mix-up and yet you failed to supply the juveniles.

Mr Nuvembarz, Phemmy, Ayosat, Ab1x and others that have direct contact of Mr Robonski & Soft 777 should prevail on them to do the needful. We have come a long way to build relationship and establish integrity, i dont want to be seen as someone who would tarnish such image.
Thank you so much @ Ttalk. I want to commend your patience and maturity. I am sure that something must be wrong somewhere. I promise to step into the matter. I am sure that it'll be resolved amicably very soon.
Thank you once again for constructively making your grieviance known.

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by NUVEMBARZINTL(m): 12:31am On Mar 22, 2016
vickychuk:
I think bily makes sense,considering most of our foreign counterparts use trash fish in production of a more desirable fish species.. its just like exploiting the ecological niche and food chain ... Most of the so called trash fish are the most prolific (multiply their numbers rapidly) and so can never be overfished or extinct. Have we ever thought of what fish species are used for making fish meal...? for all I care it could be our very own tilapia which they labeled as an invasive specie that needs to be curled from their water bodies . and we spend so much on what we have in abundance due to ignorance. Please we would be doing ourselves much good if we can try to research. Someone posted on this thread that he got great results from using frozen fish which is cheaper in comparison to fishmeal . We could carry out our own experiment... set 10 to 20 fingerlings aside ,feed 10 with frozen fish formula , the other 10 on trash fish formulated feed and the rest of your stock as control group can be fed on fish meal if you are a fan . then check the growth rate throughout the production cycle of 5 to 6 months. I'm sure we will benefit a lot from such. Thanks
Thank you for your submission. I strongly support your advocacy for research.

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by heartbitmi: 1:22am On Mar 22, 2016
bily:

Yes it's stated in the report that the best result was when the 2 was combined with the same ratio, but used individually, the difference i's negligible, hence does not justify the wide price margin, which BTW, has been my point all along.

I'm sure someone would have gained something from the discuss.

Peace
nice one bro and i really get your point. the problem some of us farmers have is that we get too carried away with figures and we get fixated with just one way of doing things! d difference between both components as affecting outcome is not significant at all. so many researches out there that replaced fish meal with wonderful results. i have in d past replaced fish meal with cerelac waste with wonderful results too. another thing about result is that it varies and its a function of time(duration) and cost. some have replaced animal protein totally with plant protein(while increasing nutrients like methionine and lysine) and achieved targeted growth tho in a longer time. this argument brings to mind d issue of earthen/ concrete or plastic ponds and i just marvel at some of d responses cos its easy to say one is better than d other cos u use that and practice good management, but doesn't mean i will get same result. so i like it when we make points based on researches and what we practice without imposing our facts as if its the only way of doing things.... regards

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Saf999(f): 8:32am On Mar 22, 2016
Thanx, very grateful

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by vickifeanyi47(m): 8:45am On Mar 22, 2016
NUVEMBARZINTL:

Very correct. That's to help them from stress & also build their immune system.

Wishing you aLl the very best!!!

Thanks.. I appreciate
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by chilanfarms(m): 11:19am On Mar 22, 2016
Ttalk:
# cnt see ur inlet n outlet pipe brov. 9ce work pls do all d necessary thing b4 stocking. Condition d pond properly... more fish oil to ur elbow
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Ttalk: 11:36am On Mar 22, 2016
chilanfarms:
# cnt see ur inlet n outlet pipe brov. 9ce work pls do all d necessary thing b4 stocking. Condition d pond properly... more fish oil to ur elbow

Thank you bro, that was the old pics of the pond before the plumbing work. Will post the latest pics when i am less busy
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Saf999(f): 12:27pm On Mar 22, 2016
Sir pls since there are lots of fake 72 fish meal in circulation can i grind cray fish and feed to the fries. Thanx
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by NUVEMBARZINTL(m): 4:56pm On Mar 22, 2016
Saf999:
Sir pls since there are lots of fake 72 fish meal in circulation can i grind cray fish and feed to the fries. Thanx
Yes, U can. But why not get 0.2mm coppens or Zeigler? How about egg yolk+daphnia?

(1) (2) (3) ... (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) ... (523) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.