Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,527 members, 7,826,979 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:02 AM

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! - Agriculture (268) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! (1497232 Views)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Hatchery Business !!! / Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business / Catfish Farmers Lets Talk About Catfish Smoking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) ... (523) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Nobody: 5:12pm On Mar 22, 2016
[quote author=sodiksan post=43983917][/quote]
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by vickifeanyi47(m): 6:34pm On Mar 22, 2016
Hello house.. please I m a bit confused now ...I stocked 300 juvenile last week, though I intend stocking upto 500 but the seller gave me 300 in order to satisfy other customers... I got another 200 from another farm..can I put them together in the same pond ? I don't. have much space ..they are of the same sizes too .I'm a newbie.. thanks
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by opeaceo: 7:51pm On Mar 22, 2016
vickifeanyi47:
Hello house.. please I m a bit confused now ...I stocked 300 juvenile last week, though I intend stocking upto 500 but the seller gave me 300 in order to satisfy other customers... I got another 200 from another farm..can I put them together in the same pond ? I don't. have much space ..they are of the same sizes too .I'm a newbie.. thanks

Separate them if you have another pond. It is not advisable for you to stock juve/fingerlings from different suppliers in the same pond.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by NUVEMBARZINTL(m): 11:38pm On Mar 22, 2016
vickifeanyi47:
You aare welcome. I sincerely share your sentiment... It is possible to put them together but as a good farmer, it's wrong. The truth is that the ETHICS of our profession(agriculture) as a FARMER states that we should alwys give MUCH DETAILED ATTENTION TO DETAILS; especially when dealing in LIVESTOCK FARMING (poultry, pigry, fishery, heliculture & e.t.c). The following are the reasons why we don't house animals frm diferent sources together:
(1) To avoid crisis of transfer of disease from stock of source A to source B and (or) the entire farm.
(2) It helps to monitor the stock so as to have confidence in the supplier/producer/source
(3) It helps to monitor the progress & growth of the stock
(4) It helps to avoid behavioural pattern crisis due to the genetic nature from their parent stock (genetic make up).

We can go on and on and on.

Wishing you all the very best!!!

3 Likes

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Fhemmmy: 1:37am On Mar 23, 2016
chilanfarms:
# cnt see ur inlet n outlet pipe brov. 9ce work pls do all d necessary thing b4 stocking. Condition d pond properly... more fish oil to ur elbow

You see why you the guru
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by vickifeanyi47(m): 4:00am On Mar 23, 2016
NUVEMBARZINTL:

You aare welcome. I sincerely share your sentiment... It is possible to put them together but as a good farmer, it's wrong. The truth is that the ETHICS of our profession(agriculture) as a FARMER states that we should alwys give MUCH DETAILED ATTENTION TO DETAILS; especially when dealing in LIVESTOCK FARMING (poultry, pigry, fishery, heliculture & e.t.c). The following are the reasons why we don't house animals frm diferent sources together:
(1) To avoid crisis of transfer of disease from stock of source A to source B and (or) the entire farm.
(2) It helps to monitor the stock so as to have confidence in the supplier/producer/source
(3) It helps to monitor the progress & growth of the stock
(4) It helps to avoid behavioural pattern crisis due to the genetic nature from their parent stock (genetic make up).

We can go on and on and on.

Wishing you all the very best!!!

Thanks..God bless
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by chilanfarms(m): 2:19pm On Mar 23, 2016
Fhemmmy:

You see why you the guru
#ogafemmy na una be guru ooo me na novice. grin
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by chilanfarms(m): 2:28pm On Mar 23, 2016
noblefarm:
Someone said something abt garlic in fish feed, has anyone tried that?
# Agriclime is use in fertilizing d pond(earthen) hav not heard d use of it in fish feed b4 oooo shocked make ma ogas do justice to this. Nuvembars weh u oooo?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Ttalk: 5:10pm On Mar 23, 2016
chilanfarms:
# Agriclime is use in fertilizing d pond(earthen) hav not heard d use of it in fish feed b4 oooo shocked make ma ogas do justice to this. Nuvembars weh u oooo?

There are so many research on the import of garlic as it act as attractant, help in growth and serves as antibiotic the inclusion for best performance should be in the range of 3g for 100kg
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by chilanfarms(m): 10:02pm On Mar 23, 2016
Ttalk:

There are so many research on the import of garlic as it act as attractant, help in growth and serves as antibiotic the inclusion for best performance should be in the range of 3g for 100kg
ma Oga! Dry garlic right?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Fhemmmy: 12:36am On Mar 24, 2016
chilanfarms:
#ogafemmy na una be guru ooo me na novice. grin

Yimu, we all know that i am the noviest of all the novice
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Fhemmmy: 1:08am On Mar 24, 2016
Ttalk:

People should help me prevail on Mr Robonski to supply my juvenile since i February 11, 2016. I have try as much as possible not to bring this to the forum simply because i wanted to respect individual business right but he has not kept his part of the agreement even after he promise to deliver on the 20th which lapse on Sunday and there has not been call or message from him or any of his associate.

Is this the way you intend to help upcoming farmers? I dont understand the continual delay in supply despite initial promise that supply will be made one week after payment. Your sale manager told me there are juveniles on ground but he needs you to give him the go ahead of which you have intentionally denied to give. Remember i have to scan the teller of payment to your e-mail at the instance of Mr Soft777 who said there was a mix-up and yet you failed to supply the juveniles.

Mr Nuvembarz, Phemmy, Ayosat, Ab1x and others that have direct contact of Mr Robonski & Soft 777 should prevail on them to do the needful. We have come a long way to build relationship and establish integrity, i dont want to be seen as someone who would tarnish such image.

I hope all these has been settled and all is OK already. . . I am sure the wait will worth it at the end of the day.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 1:14am On Mar 24, 2016
Saf999:
Gud day to all nairaland members am a newbie, have been into fish Farming since 2013 with unsuccessful harvest i jst came across this thread and found it very informative so i want to give it anoda try. Pls i want to ask can i spawn in an open air while covering the vast secondly since artemia is scarce in my locality can i grind coppen feed into powdery form and feed to the fries ur urgent response will be highly appreciated Thanx to all the ogas and fellow members of this thread may God bless u all.
first i wish u could enlighten what went wrong in your previous work, for coppens question, u need not grind, buy d starter,more protein. And if not ashame,but i won't like seeing u scouping d gutters for daphnia
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 1:16am On Mar 24, 2016
vickifeanyi47:
don't mix yet, it aids you to see through your breeders, their quality, integrity etc
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by dondo83(m): 7:32am On Mar 24, 2016
i'm looking for concrete ponds for rent/lease in abuja. preferably kuje /airport axis
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by bily(m): 8:16am On Mar 24, 2016
Ttalk:

Good to know you checked the research on use of garlic a attractant

BTW it's 3kg in 100kg of feed, not 3g

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by vickifeanyi47(m): 12:31pm On Mar 24, 2016
Can I used this plastic drum to raise fingerlings?? if so how many?

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by vickifeanyi47(m): 1:05pm On Mar 24, 2016
please gurus in the house... can I install tarpauline pond inside this pen house as it is no longer in use for poultry... will it have any effect on the fishes as no penetration of sunlight? thanks

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by utytill(m): 2:01pm On Mar 24, 2016
bily:

Good to know you checked the research on use of garlic a attractant
BTW it's 3kg in 100kg of feed, not 3g
Pls how can i deal with algae in my pond?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by joeybillz(m): 11:09pm On Mar 24, 2016
utytill:
direct sunlight shd b reduced,algae is a microscpoic plant which sunlight aids it's growth
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by bily(m): 6:16am On Mar 25, 2016
utytill:

Joebillz is right.

Get shade over your pond and algae will reduce.
Changing water regularly can also reduce their multiplication.

When they are too much in the pond, they compete with the fishes for oxygen at night during respiration, that's the only challenge. If you can get a pond aerator for night use will reduce the respiration effect.
In the afternoon, there's no problem cos they produce oxygen during photosynthesis.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Johnnyessence(m): 1:46pm On Mar 25, 2016
vickifeanyi47:
please gurus in the house... can I install tarpauline pond inside this pen house as it is no longer in use for poultry... will it have any effect on the fishes as no penetration of sunlight? thanks
yes bro infact u are good to go to start.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by bruseeky: 2:48pm On Mar 26, 2016
Afternoon Robonski, phemmy and other gurus in the house. I am about to start with 2000 fingerlings using tarpauline , will be updating weekly to seek support and advise from the gurus.

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Fhemmmy: 2:58pm On Mar 26, 2016
bruseeky:
Afternoon Robonski, phemmy and other gurus in the house. I am about to start with 2000 fingerlings using tarpauline , will be updating weekly to seek support and advise from the gurus.

Congratulations. ...pic will be nice too
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by chilanfarms(m): 3:31pm On Mar 26, 2016
To maximise profit, Chilanfarms will like to encourage/advice us new farmers to learn how to hatch our seed(fingerlins/juvenile/jumbo) for VIP training on how to DIY contact Chilan on 07065874135/08076515345 u will be glad u knw d hidden truth. We r tested n trusted!!! HappyEasterya'all
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by bruseeky: 3:31pm On Mar 26, 2016
Fhemmmy:

Congratulations. ...pic will be nice too
Thanks oga Fhemmy, was trying to resize the pictures . here are the pixs. I hope i'm on track. btw where can i get reliable fingerlings in ph? does anyone in the house know

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Ayoolanairaland: 3:42pm On Mar 26, 2016
Good day house pls where can I get tarpaulin in lagos
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by vickifeanyi47(m): 5:44pm On Mar 26, 2016
bruseeky:

Thanks oga Fhemmy, was trying to resize the pictures . here are the pixs. I hope i'm on track. btw where can i get reliable fingerlings in ph? does anyone in the house know
Nice one bro..pls where did u get the tarpaulin..
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by bruseeky: 8:24pm On Mar 26, 2016
vickifeanyi47:
Nice one bro..pls where did u get the tarpaulin..
I got them in Port-Harcourt through someone.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by vickifeanyi47(m): 10:06pm On Mar 26, 2016
bruseeky:
I got them in Port-Harcourt through someone.
OK..for how much?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by vickifeanyi47(m): 10:22pm On Mar 26, 2016
Hello NL, pls can any thick tarpaulin be used for pond?
Whats the dimension/sizes that can accommodate 500 fish conveniently to table size(In yards) The one I see in the market are not wide enough... the only option might be to join...I'm confused...pls help

(1) (2) (3) ... (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) ... (523) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.