Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,022 members, 7,814,498 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:50 PM

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! - Agriculture (463) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! (1492985 Views)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Hatchery Business !!! / Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business / Catfish Farmers Lets Talk About Catfish Smoking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (460) (461) (462) (463) (464) (465) (466) ... (523) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by fisher777(m): 7:54pm On Oct 30, 2018
justkay:
Good morning! My fish which i took as fingerlings on the 7th of August is displaying white patches...especially on the head...(a fungal infection) I have once treated with aquacol ii but it's now resurfacing. Please any idea what other medication to use?
you tried to reach me...
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Afnahfarms(m): 8:54pm On Oct 30, 2018
fisher777:
you tried to reach me... Send me an email here - pfcybernetik@gmail.com
if you are of assistant tell him the solution here. Which email is he sending you again after he has explained himself. Nawa o!

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ttooppee: 10:12pm On Oct 30, 2018
fisher777:
you tried to reach me... Send me an email here - pfcybernetik@gmail.com

aba, na you talk say people no answer questions again say na so so advertising den they do now.
Oga, abeg tell us the solution here no hard feelings.
when mine have the patches, i use oxytetracycline with salt for 3 days and then observe them.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Ttalk: 11:52am On Oct 31, 2018
opomulero101:

Forget gurus abeg it is Cost effective & economical on the long run.

Am not here to condemn or criticise but to refer you to your previous post where you requested for a partnership, but your comment here speaks otherwise of your experience and depth knowledge about fish farming. I observed you placed much concern on cost at the early age of fish which raises much concern about your expertise and will make potential investor have a change of mind in partnering with you
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by opomulero101(m): 2:28pm On Oct 31, 2018
Ttalk:

Am not here to condemn or criticise but to refer you to your previous post where you requested for a partnership, but your comment here speaks otherwise of your experience and depth knowledge about fish farming. I observed you placed much concern on cost at the early age of fish which raises much concern about your expertise and will make potential investor have a change of mind in partnering with you

Everybody is entitled to his/her own opinion.
We DISAGREE to AGREE,but wat the market demand sometimes makes farmer's find means to cut cost to achieve maximum profit's.
Inasmuch these local feeds(Blue crown&Ecofloat) works&enhance's fish growth i see no reason why i won't use it.
Moreover wat has my previous post request for partnership got to do with this topic well i advise u to stop being an ENEMY of PROGRESS.

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Akins2luv(m): 3:16pm On Oct 31, 2018
By December our catfish will be ready for sale..... Total: 25,000 units..... Location: Kwara.... In case you are interested or have connection to buyer's.... Pls contact us.... 08102987596 call only

It will be sell by batches..... 10,000 units
5,000 units etc.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by agroaliedinfo: 3:43pm On Oct 31, 2018
amba2017:
your location pls

mararaba nassarawa close to Abuja
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by bilag17(m): 3:37pm On Nov 01, 2018
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by fisher777(m): 5:12pm On Nov 01, 2018
Afnahfarms:
if you are of assistant tell him the solution here. Which email is he sending you again after he has explained himself. Nawa o!

If you don't mind, He/She tried to PM me but I changed emails and couldn't respond so I had to reach out to him after seeing the notification here in my profile.

Now to settle you smiley and other friends,

The issue of while patches manifests often due to stress from overcrowding of stock and not very good hygiene. The stock may have developed this due to transportation stress, handling stress, contaminated feed or equipment or not very clean water amongst other things. Adequate stocking density, proper feed storage and other biosecurity measures will help to prevent fish diseases if the stock was originally healthy.

But if an infection occurs like the issue of white patches on the skin of your fish it can be treated with Oxy-TetraCycline or a Constituent of Chloramphenicol prepared for Aquaculture use... Chloramphenicol drugs are stronger and usually target specific organisms unlike OTC which a broad spectrum drug and contains more than one pharmaceutical item. Get the FishBiotic or similar from your local Vet Store... Usually same people who sell feed to you often stock Aquaculture drugs too. Check the pack and follow the dosage instructions. When you complete the therapy, don't forget to apply fish vitamins a day after...

Before starting treatment, if you can...quarantine the infected individuals(to minimize the transmission)... While treating them apply the treatment also to the assumed healthy stock, probably a lower dose and watch both to compare results.

----Preferably mix drugs with the feed---- if you're pelleting your feed this works best. You can mix in the drug before pelleting tho this depends on the type of machine you use anyway...feed formulation is a big topic.

----Before administering medicated feed ensure

*The water is clean.- 70% water exchange should be ok

* To starve the stock for while--If you want to apply the treatment in evening they should not be fed in the morning or afternoon so as to improve appetite and get them really hungry... 24hr off feeding will achieve this.---

In my practice I prepare medicated feed about 1-2hr before feeding to allow the drug bind on the oily feed

If you wish to prepare more than one serving, I'd suggest to prepare only the quantity you can exhaust for a day and store properly as you would store a drug. Unless you have a big refrigerator(Do not freeze o) that can contain the entire medicated feed you prepared for...say three days serving... Not sure what may happen if the mixture is exposed for long time to every nationality in air undecided

Medicated feed is to be prepared according to dosage and used only if the infected stock respond to feeding...

Otherwise do a 100%water exchange, then lower the water level to about 30-40% as much to give them some room to swim but no so much space. This will allow you to properly administer the treatment without unnecessarily diluting the drugs excessively in the tank water and thereby reducing the strength of the drug. Apply treatment daily until symptoms disappear completely.
If you wish to be professional with this type of treatment you should calculate accurately the volume of water in the fish tank and follow the dosage instructions on the pack. Each dose of In-water treatment should be complete after 3hrs.... then you may flush the tank by running flow thru for some time or fill and drain at intervals till the water clears up a bit.

If you wish to use plants... Some call it organic farming smiley... Bitter leaves, Scent leaves , Paw paw leaves, herbal leaves you can consume raw.. (i haven't used roots o!) All can be juiced/squeezed and applied directly to your fish tank same way you will apply pharmaceutical treatment directly into the tank water.

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by fisher777(m): 5:27pm On Nov 01, 2018
ttooppee:

aba, na you talk say people no answer questions again say na so so advertising den they do now.
Oga, abeg tell us the solution here no hard feelings.
when mine have the patches, i use oxytetracycline with salt for 3 days and then observe them.

If you don't mind me saying... In case you do purchase your drugs from the pharmacy...Not to say that it doesn't work but I don't advocate using over the counter drugs for your fishes unless you are able to calculate the actual dosage to the letter.

Secondly, I am NOT against those doing adverts... I only wished like everyone else here to see more 'helpful suggestions to farming challenges' than sales adverts. Adverts are good. The farmer has to sell his products and he has to buy other goods to run his farm. My apologies to you and all if I have conveyed a different idea.

For those who have something to sell... besides advertising here you may also create a thread in the Agriculture section of the website...you will also get views too and probably calls and sales. I do check them out quite often to see what folks got and I've actually made some calls or saved contacts for future use... you'll never know
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Afnahfarms(m): 7:00pm On Nov 01, 2018
fisher777:

If you don't mind, He/She tried to PM me but I changed emails and couldn't respond so I had to reach out to him after seeing the notification here in my profile.

Now to settle you smiley and other friends,

The issue of while patches manifests often due to stress from overcrowding of stock and not very good hygiene. The stock may have developed this due to transportation stress, handling stress, contaminated feed or equipment or not very clean water amongst other things. Adequate stocking density, proper feed storage and other biosecurity measures will help to prevent fish diseases if the stock was originally healthy.

But if an infection occurs like the issue of white patches on the skin of your fish it can be treated with Oxy-TetraCycline or a Constituent of Chloramphenicol prepared for Aquaculture use... Chloramphenicol drugs are stronger and usually target specific organisms unlike OTC which a broad spectrum drug and contains more than one pharmaceutical item. Get the FishBiotic or similar from your local Vet Store... Usually same people who sell feed to you often stock Aquaculture drugs too. Check the pack and follow the dosage instructions. When you complete the therapy, don't forget to apply fish vitamins a day after...

Before starting treatment, if you can...quarantine the infected individuals(to minimize the transmission)... While treating them apply the treatment also to the assumed healthy stock, probably a lower dose and watch both to compare results.

----Preferably mix drugs with the feed---- if you're pelleting your feed this works best. You can mix in the drug before pelleting tho this depends on the type of machine you use anyway...feed formulation is a big topic.

----Before administering medicated feed ensure

*The water is clean.- 70% water exchange should be ok

* To starve the stock for while--If you want to apply the treatment in evening they should not be fed in the morning or afternoon so as to improve appetite and get them really hungry... 24hr off feeding will achieve this.---

In my practice I prepare medicated feed about 1-2hr before feeding to allow the drug bind on the oily feed

If you wish to prepare more than one serving, I'd suggest to prepare only the quantity you can exhaust for a day and store properly as you would store a drug. Unless you have a big refrigerator(Do not freeze o) that can contain the entire medicated feed you prepared for...say three days serving... Not sure what may happen if the mixture is exposed for long time to every nationality in air undecided

Medicated feed is to be prepared according to dosage and used only if the infected stock respond to feeding...

Otherwise do a 100%water exchange, then lower the water level to about 30-40% as much to give them some room to swim but no so much space. This will allow you to properly administer the treatment without unnecessarily diluting the drugs excessively in the tank water and thereby reducing the strength of the drug. Apply treatment daily until symptoms disappear completely.
If you wish to be professional with this type of treatment you should calculate accurately the volume of water in the fish tank and follow the dosage instructions on the pack. Each dose of In-water treatment should be complete after 3hrs.... then you may flush the tank by running flow thru for some time or fill and drain at intervals till the water clears up a bit.

If you wish to use plants... Some call it organic farming smiley... Bitter leaves, Scent leaves , Paw paw leaves, herbal leaves you can consume raw.. (i haven't used roots o!) All can be juiced/squeezed and applied directly to your fish tank same way you will apply pharmaceutical treatment directly into the tank water.
Can understand I was expecting an insult from you but received a warmly explanations you are great. Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Larryejomafuvwe(m): 10:01am On Nov 02, 2018
mekd:
I think the price differs with location. Here in portharcourt it sells for about 15,000 naira
bro pls where in port Harcourt are you located, I'm also in ph and I want to discuss with you... How can I contact you? 0##7032023255
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ttooppee: 1:26pm On Nov 02, 2018
fisher777:

If you don't mind me saying... In case you do purchase your drugs from the pharmacy...Not to say that it doesn't work but I don't advocate using over the counter drugs for your fishes unless you are able to calculate the actual dosage to the letter.

Secondly, I am NOT against those doing adverts... I only wished like everyone else here to see more 'helpful suggestions to farming challenges' than sales adverts. Adverts are good. The farmer has to sell his products and he has to buy other goods to run his farm. My apologies to you and all if I have conveyed a different idea.

For those who have something to sell... besides advertising here you may also create a thread in the Agriculture section of the website...you will also get views too and probably calls and sales. I do check them out quite often to see what folks got and I've actually made some calls or saved contacts for future use... you'll never
know
that's what we are talking about.
You are the man smiley
fisher777:

For those who have something to sell... besides advertising here you may also create a thread in the Agriculture section of the website...you will also get views too and probably calls and sales. I do check them out quite often to see what folks got and I've actually made some calls or saved contacts for future use... you'll never
know
that's what we are talking about.
You are the man

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by mekd: 1:46pm On Nov 02, 2018
Larryejomafuvwe:
bro pls where in port Harcourt are you located, I'm also in ph and I want to discuss with you... How can I contact you? 0##7032023255
I stay at rumuomasi,where do u stay
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Larryejomafuvwe(m): 3:07pm On Nov 02, 2018
mekd:
I stay at rumuomasi,where do u stay
I stay at rumuokuta.... I need your contact bro
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by mekd: 4:34pm On Nov 02, 2018
Larryejomafuvwe:
I stay at rumuokuta.... I need your contact bro
i will give u a call then
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Larryejomafuvwe(m): 4:43pm On Nov 02, 2018
mekd:
OK boss... IL b expecting your call ASAP
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by mekd: 4:50am On Nov 03, 2018
webhostbiz:
Hello great fish farmers, I stocked 5000 juveniles to rear till smoked size melange and they are 2months and 2 weeks old now. They have consumed 915kg of bluecrown feeds. Presently, they consumes 2 bags a day. Pls, is the numbers of feeds consumed OK ? I also intend to smoke some and sell the rest fresh.
what's the average weight,,,anyway if it's in the range of 150g then I think is ok
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Larryejomafuvwe(m): 9:58am On Nov 03, 2018
mekd:
Mr mekd I'm still waiting for that call.. I been sitting beside my phone since yesterday o
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by kazeemmuka(m): 11:59am On Nov 03, 2018
9,000 Fast growing clarias catfish fingerlings and 30,0000 ijebu fingerlings are available for sale in our farm here in Lagos.
Call/Whatsapp 08022456638.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by noblealuu: 7:32pm On Nov 04, 2018
Hello all, can anyone share with us the state or location with the highest number of fish farms?

Please this information is needed urgently for a feasibility study.

N'landers your input is highly needed.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by wengerman: 12:15pm On Nov 05, 2018
cut at least 40% off from feed cost by feeding your fish the feed in mash gel form to increase feed size and increase digestibility,also learn how to make fish feed out of chicken manure or pig manure. training starts on december 1st.it is an highly subsized whatsapp training .contact 08050761678 (whatsapp) for more information
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by stan4b(m): 10:26am On Nov 06, 2018
wengerman:
cut at least 40% off from feed cost by feeding your fish the feed in mash gel form to increase feed size and increase digestibility,also learn how to make fish feed out of chicken manure or pig manure. training starts on december 1st.it is an highly subsized whatsapp training .contact 08050761678 (whatsapp) for more information
Is the training free?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Ttalk: 2:21pm On Nov 06, 2018
Patronise us for your quality Fingerlings, Juveniles, for farmers within Abuja and its environs. We produce all year round and at every season of the year.

Our fish attain standard fingerlings within 6weeks of hatching and standard juveniles from 8weeks as it is raised using WRAS technology which enhances maximum growth and high immunity.

We offer practical and online consultation on every aspect of fish farming.
Join us on whatsapp group chat FISH INFO, register with the following link, https:/16HraurzfGJXZZY1kflXW or contact Ttalk on 08183640056 for you to be added.

Place your order now by contacting Ttalk on 08183640056.

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by felaliveson: 9:47am On Nov 07, 2018
STANDARD FINGERLINGS AND POST FINGERLINGS AVAILABLE.... We give free consultancy service to our customers on best fish farming practice which will yield huge profit.

If you are a new fish farmer grab this opportunity of quality fingerlings/post fingerlings and We sell any quantity you demand, no quantity is too small for a start.

Order while stocks last

Call or whatsapp my number, it’s on my profile. click on my moniker or quote me with your phone number

-
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by wengerman: 2:33pm On Nov 07, 2018
stan4b:

Is the training free?
the training is not free but highly subsized for a token
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by akpobo2k: 1:29pm On Nov 09, 2018
We have over 50000 healthy fingerlings, post-fingerlings and Juveniles @ Techlean Farm.
Location is Port Harcourt
Contact us - 08150687213

P.S Shootouts is still available.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by novexme(m): 8:00pm On Nov 11, 2018
Do you want bigger fish output, reduced mortality, improved FCR, higher Pond stocking density and reducing over head pumping cost then get an Aeration Pump for your fish farm.
We also sell mini submersible Water Pumps, grain grinders, Water testing Multimeters and water filters Contact me on 07036871939 on whatsapp and telegram for inquiries, check us out on Instagram @plethoraequip for full array of our products.

Please note all items are on Pre order basis only. Shipped from overseas.

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by kazeemmuka(m): 2:13pm On Nov 12, 2018
10,000 Fast growing clarias fingerlings &
5,000 post fingerlings are available here in our farm. (Lagos, Abule-egba)
Call / Whatsapp 08023456638
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by kazeemmuka(m): 7:16am On Nov 15, 2018
Fast growing clarias standard post fingerlings is for sale here in our farm at Abule-egba, Lagos
Call /Whatsapp 08022456638
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by SirHantz: 10:48am On Nov 19, 2018
I am interested in ur fish smoking kiln.. 08085526104wasap
Etranshub:
500BPK smoking kiln with dual power source of gas and charcoal equipped with two force convention heat circulating blower to ensure homogeneous thermal energy at every point in the kiln thus the fishes get to dry at the same rate irrespective of their sizes.
Have 3 trolleys that can be removed totally from the kiln having fibre tires that are fire resistant. Stainless interior wall,stainless trolley and oil collector. Guess what ? ITS AVAILABLE FOR INSTANT PICK UP. 

For test run,purchase or further inquiries about our fish smoking kiln and other processing equipment at Bethsaidal farms Visit today at km 40 lagos abeokuta express road abule oko bus stop after ifo via sango Ota ogun state 

or send an email:olowaolugbenga@gmail.com 
Phone call/whatsapp message: 08167488947
phone call only 08154781979

Natonwide shipping/delivery available for all our smoking kilns and other equipments at Bethsaidal farms and agro allied.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Etranshub(m): 7:36pm On Nov 19, 2018
Thank you for your interest in our smoking kiln, our contact details are available on the post. Regards
SirHantz:

I am interested in ur fish smoking kiln.. 08085526104wasap

(1) (2) (3) ... (460) (461) (462) (463) (464) (465) (466) ... (523) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.