Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,412 members, 7,954,641 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:02 AM

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! - Agriculture (49) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! (1533081 Views)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Hatchery Business !!! / Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business / Catfish Farmers Lets Talk About Catfish Smoking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) ... (523) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by tundebj(m): 8:00pm On Oct 25, 2013
waleelite:

Alright.
Thanks a lot boss.

I appreciate your polite response.

Regards,
from all that has been said here, u can carefuly package a bp. U wl also learn much in d process. Just my two cent
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by vicky4227(m): 8:55pm On Oct 25, 2013
please house i need you help, it will make really happy if i get response toi fron robonski and aquatic.
there are white patches on the head of my juveniles and also i notice it on the skin of some, though there has been no death.
please i want to know what this is and if it is dangerous what should i do to stop it.
please hekp it is an emergency.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Aleshyto(m): 11:07pm On Oct 25, 2013
ab1x:

The kind of pond u make use of will determine when to change water. If it is concrete, it has to be every 3 days but if it is earthen using flow through method, u can leave it till harvest time. However, if u like u can change the water once before harvest(but I don't change mine @ all). Please allow your fish to eat enough floating feeds before u switch to local feeds. My formular one is FM 50, TS 20, GNC 20, biscuit 10, Vit C 200grams, Salt 1, Premix 1, DCP 1, Molasis 10 . My formular one is 100KG and it is 100% protein. You will notice massive change in the growth of ur fish. Of a truth, it is quite richer than coppens or any other floating feeds.
tanx for your response sir. I use earthen pond, how much is dis formular 1 will cost me for dat 100kg? They are still eating floating, they will start 2mm by monday
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by AdeoyeAdekunle: 8:01am On Oct 26, 2013
@ab1x....pls like which mont can i stat using dis fomula local feed 4 my fish?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by yemiakeem20(m): 10:23am On Oct 26, 2013
i notice my fishes has big belly which i think its air filled and it is making them float on water. pls wot can i do? and if it hapen in fingerlings wat can i do?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ab1x: 10:26am On Oct 26, 2013
Aleshyto: tanx for your response sir. I use earthen pond, how much is dis formular 1 will cost me for dat 100kg? They are still eating floating, they will start 2mm by monday

It should be between 33 to 34K
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ab1x: 10:33am On Oct 26, 2013
Adeoye Adekunle: @ab1x....pls like which mont can i stat using dis fomula local feed 4 my fish?

You can change to local feed between 1 and half to 2 months
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ab1x: 10:35am On Oct 26, 2013
yemiakeem20: i notice my fishes has big belly which i think its air filled and it is making them float on water. pls wot can i do? and if it hapen in fingerlings wat can i do?

You need to use salt and PG to treat them.
After which you mix tetracycline(Yellow and Red capsule) with their feed and give them to eat.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by yemiakeem20(m): 10:51am On Oct 26, 2013
ab1x:
You need to use salt and PG to treat them.
After which you mix tetracycline(Yellow and Red capsule) with their feed and give them to eat.
THANKS
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by yemiakeem20(m): 11:19am On Oct 26, 2013
wot name can i call pg, so dat ppl @ d chemist wl undastand, coz dey dont seem to undastand.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by BRIGHTSOLAR(m): 2:30pm On Oct 26, 2013
How Bright Biogas System Work

Bright Biogas Make Use Of A Relatively Simple, Well-Known, And Mature Technology. A Biogas System Comprises A Large Tank, Or Digester. Inside The Tank, Bacteria Work Symbiotically To Convert Organic Waste Into Methane Gas Through The Process Of Anaerobic Digestion.

Every Day, The User Of A Bright Biogas Feed The Bacteria Inside The Digester With Household By-Products Such As Market Waste, Kitchen Waste, And Manure From Livestock.

The Methane Gas Produced By The Bacteria Inside Bright Biogas Can Be Used For Cooking, Lighting, And Other Energy Needs.

Waste That Has Been Fully Digested Exits The Bright Biogas In The Form Of Organic Fertiliser And Is Good For Fish Meal
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by mogentle(m): 2:31pm On Oct 26, 2013
yemiakeem20: wot name can i call pg, so dat ppl @ d chemist wl undastand, coz dey dont seem to undastand.

PG is KMnO4 I.e Potassium permanganate.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ab1x: 3:54pm On Oct 26, 2013
yemiakeem20: wot name can i call pg, so dat ppl @ d chemist wl undastand, coz dey dont seem to undastand.
potassium pamanganate
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by soft77: 4:46pm On Oct 26, 2013
PLS ANYBODY WHO HAVE GOOD STANDARD JUVENILE OR JOMBO CATFISH FOR SALE PLS CONTACT ME HERE OR DROP YOUR NUMBER HERE I CALL AT ONCE BUYING VERY MANY

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by vicky4227(m): 6:28pm On Oct 26, 2013
vicky4227: please house i need you help, it will make really happy if i get response toi fron robonski and aquatic.
there are white patches on the head of my juveniles and also i notice it on the skin of some, though there has been no death.
please i want to know what this is and if it is dangerous what should i do to stop it.
please hekp it is an emergency.

someone should please aid me with this problem
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 7:53pm On Oct 26, 2013
vicky4227:

someone should please aid me with this problem
because of implications of your challenge,first what u see can be as a result of any of this factors, bacteria infestion,poor water mgt,stress resulting into poor immunity hereby influencing this outbreak or you have just introduced d fishes into a new pond. It is dangerous in that it could spread easily,if extreme infestation, mortality will be high. Possible soln is get antibacteria & use on them,tetracyline or aquapro can assist, increase good water mgt,learn not to over stress your fishes, u can also add salt into your ponds as a curative measure, the only challenge is if d infestion had eaten into their internal organs, you can only pray or wait to see what can be rescued with your treatment,casuality is high in small fishes, not to fear it shall be well.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 3:15pm On Oct 27, 2013
Happy sunday to u all..

I can see I have missed a lot on the thread, it Was due to much work on my hand.. thanks to the ever present ab1x and excelsior.. am back to base now.. God bless
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by omode2(m): 8:23pm On Oct 27, 2013
ab1x:

It should be between 33 to 34K
I was just thinking, is this feed not too expensive? D danish fish is sold @six hundred/kg is there no close alternative?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by yemiakeem: 8:37pm On Oct 27, 2013
For ur fast growing catfish seeds/fingerlings contact Haykay farms 07038458563,08032500818 & 07058783845. products available thru out d year
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ab1x: 8:39pm On Oct 27, 2013
omode2: I was just thinking, is this feed not too expensive? D danish fish is sold @six hundred/kg is there no close alternative?

It's N500 per KG at Ijebu Ode.
You can use 30% FM on 100KG. I've stated the formula above. There is no shortcut to anywhere in catfish biz. It is garbage in garbage out. No matter how much you spend, u still stand a good chance of making ur capital back and you'll see huge profit on it.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by vicky4227(m): 10:34pm On Oct 27, 2013
excelsiorfarm: because of implications of your challenge,first what u see can be as a result of any of this factors, bacteria infestion,poor water mgt,stress resulting into poor immunity hereby influencing this outbreak or you have just introduced d fishes into a new pond. It is dangerous in that it could spread easily,if extreme infestation, mortality will be high. Possible soln is get antibacteria & use on them,tetracyline or aquapro can assist, increase good water mgt,learn not to over stress your fishes, u can also add salt into your ponds as a curative measure, the only challenge is if d infestion had eaten into their internal organs, you can only pray or wait to see what can be rescued with your treatment,casuality is high in small fishes, not to fear it shall be well.

@ excelsiorfarm, i am very gratedul for your response. though the mortality is low. i want to know if i can use kitchen salt in the pond and how i can use it effectively. should i add a tube of tetracycline in every feed i give them or once a day.
in the thread i saw someobe write that one has to drain the water to a very low level then add salt.
if this is the case how long should i leave them in the salt solution before i drain it and add fresh water.
please hurry.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by diran18: 6:33am On Oct 28, 2013
Fingerlings are up for sale..... Pls call 08035207445.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 5:39pm On Oct 28, 2013
vicky4227:

@ excelsiorfarm, i am very gratedul for your response. though the mortality is low. i want to know if i can use kitchen salt in the pond and how i can use it effectively. should i add a tube of tetracycline in every feed i give them or once a day.
in the thread i saw someobe write that one has to drain the water to a very low level then add salt.
if this is the case how long should i leave them in the salt solution before i drain it and add fresh water.
please hurry.
you use kitchen salt,the tetracycline can be feed foe a week, concerning the salt, reduce water as read and keep them in the salt solution for a hour , then refill with fresh water, tetracycline should be more effective,salt should be handled with care for v small fishes
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by waleelite(m): 2:55pm On Oct 29, 2013
Hello House,

Kindly be inform that Rowland a.k.a Robonski is currently ill (malaria).

He has been on injection for few days now after he returned from Imo state.

I pray this do not affect his training scheduled for 1st & 2nd Nov 2013.

Do put him in your prayer for quick recovery.

Get well soon robonski !!!

5 Likes

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by yemiakeem: 7:07pm On Oct 29, 2013
waleelite: Hello House,

GET WEL SOON
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by omode2(m): 8:32pm On Oct 29, 2013

yes we spoke yesterday and he is getting better
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 10:39pm On Oct 29, 2013

BE HEALED IN JESUS NAME,AMEN
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by practicalclass: 3:01am On Oct 30, 2013
Oga Robonski, the Lord is your strength. Your healing is perfect in Jesus name (Amen).
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by dapix: 10:18am On Oct 30, 2013
Get well soon bro!!!!!!!!!
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by lexy91: 1:19pm On Oct 30, 2013
@ Robonski, Bros get well soon.

A medium size farm located at Magboro behind MFM (Prayer City) along Lagos-Ibadan Express Rd. Ogun State, Currently has over 50,000 ( fries, Fingerlings and juvenile) ready for stock for the month of November and December.

Interested farmer should contact: John- 08034595557, Ezekiel:-08163377227, Alex-08138619689.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by DBounty(m): 2:05pm On Oct 30, 2013
@oga robonski.Little wonder he hasn't posted since! May d healing power of Jesus' blood bring u quick recovery. My advice is take enough rest.

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) ... (523) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.