Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,617 members, 7,813,034 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:11 AM

Igbos Were Not The Target Of Kano Bombing - Leaders - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbos Were Not The Target Of Kano Bombing - Leaders (12779 Views)

How Igbos Were Treated In The North - Ena Ofugara From Urhobo / Igbos Were The Biggest Casualties Of June-12 Election Annulment / Kano Bombing: Massob Threatens War (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbos Were Not The Target Of Kano Bombing - Leaders by Tolexander: 6:24am On Mar 30, 2013
We Were Not Target Of motor Park Bombing – Kano igbo Leaders

The leadership of Igbo Community Association, Kano yesterday afternoon declared that the Igbo speaking group was not the target of March 19th motor park bombing over which lives and properties were lost in Sabon Gari area of Kano state.

“We want to use this opportunity to say that the incident was not targeted at any particular ethnic group as the casualty cut across all tribes of Nigeria. Victims include Hausa, Igbo, Yoruba, ethnic nationalities from North central, and South South geo-political zones”, Chief Chi Nwogu, President, Kano chapter of Igbo Community Association declared.

Addressing reporters in Kano, Chief Chi Nwogu who spoke on behalf of Igbo federating states said that the figures jointly collated by the leadership of Luxury bus Union revealed that a total of 37 persons died during the blast while 75 other sustained injuries.

“We mandated the leadership of the luxurious bus park to carefully collate the data of the affected victims. Casualty figures now indicate that thirty seven persons died in the explosion, while 75 sustained various degrees of injuries”, Chief Nwogu said.

The Igbo leader disowned and regretted misleading reports earlier dished out to the public that tend to pitch them against their host in Kano, stressing that “the mischievous information was not from a credible source” and therefore enjoined the Igbos to continue to live peacefully with other non natives in their domain.

Chief Nwogu said that “there was clever attempt by disgruntle elements who take interest in making inflammatory statements and publications capable of inciting us against our host government. The reckless statement sent inciting signals to our kith and kins at home and in diaspora because of misrepresentation of facts about the attack”

The President of the ICA warned that “lives must not be used for politicking and as such, we must strive to be objective in our judgment and comments on delicate matters like this one. We also appeal to our people at home to remain calm and avoid any act that would aggravate the already tensed situation.”
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/03/we-were-not-target-of-motor-park-bombing-kano-igbo-leaders/

10 Likes

Re: Igbos Were Not The Target Of Kano Bombing - Leaders by Odunnu: 6:39am On Mar 30, 2013
This is sickening
Re: Igbos Were Not The Target Of Kano Bombing - Leaders by OurYansh: 6:43am On Mar 30, 2013
Is‎​ this for real or it's the spirit of cowardice taking control??

angry

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Were Not The Target Of Kano Bombing - Leaders by nabiz(m): 6:49am On Mar 30, 2013
this man is a fool. tell us, what has kano state government has promised to do for u or how much hav they paid into ur account.

6 Likes

Re: Igbos Were Not The Target Of Kano Bombing - Leaders by Bobandgreat: 6:54am On Mar 30, 2013
I like this. At least Igbos calming their fellow Igbos down for the loss of their kit and kins rather than live on self denial that nothing happened to your pple. Instead of condemning the dastardly act, some tribes hereare blaming their dead for being in Kano as if Kano is not part of Nigeria they fought so fraudulently hard to keep together. If they look for u in Kano and they don't find u, they will come to where u cluster like bees, in ur homeland.

15 Likes

Re: Igbos Were Not The Target Of Kano Bombing - Leaders by teniyi(m): 6:59am On Mar 30, 2013
Truth is bitter! Where are the keyboard soldiers that have been calling for war?

4 Likes

Re: Igbos Were Not The Target Of Kano Bombing - Leaders by eggheaders(m): 7:02am On Mar 30, 2013
the peeps up north understand that the boko haram situation spares no one.being you igbo,Hausa,Yoruba,Muslim,Christian or whatever you are.only this uncivilized nitwits that has not cross their village borders that are turning themselves to authority on the situation they know nothing about.and spewing gibberish it a igbo thing or a christian thing.i don't know c-4's do ask people of their tribes or religion before tearing one into piece.it's high time we see boko haram crisis as a Nigerian problem.and stop all this tribal and religious divide thing.

37 Likes

Re: Igbos Were Not The Target Of Kano Bombing - Leaders by Bobandgreat: 7:10am On Mar 30, 2013
[color=#000099][/color]
eggheaders: the peeps up north understand that the boko haram situation spares no one.being you igbo,Hausa,Yoruba,Muslim,Christian or whatever you are.only this uncivilized nitwits that has not cross their village borders that are turning themselves to authority on the situation they know nothing about.and spewing gibberish it a igbo thing or a christian thing.i don't know c-4's do ask people of their tribes or religion before tearing one into piece.it's high time we see boko haram crisis as a Nigerian problem.and stop all this tribal and religious divide thing.

@egghead, for once in ur life, u made half sense, I am impressed.

6 Likes

Re: Igbos Were Not The Target Of Kano Bombing - Leaders by quality01(m): 7:11am On Mar 30, 2013
The man is a complete fool.I expected him to condem the action strongly instead of coming out to sound as if ghana must go is in his house before making useless statement like this.

4 Likes

Re: Igbos Were Not The Target Of Kano Bombing - Leaders by eggheaders(m): 7:12am On Mar 30, 2013
Bobandgreat: I like this. At least Igbos calming their fellow Igbos down for the loss of their kit and kins rather than live on self denial that nothing happened to your pple. Instead of condemning the dastardly act, some tribes hereare blaming their dead for being in Kano as if Kano is not part of Nigeria they fought so fraudulently hard to keep together. If they look for u in Kano and they don't find u, they will come to where u cluster like bees, in ur homeland.

dude the hypocrisy of you and your comrades in stupidity knows no bound.ain't y'all nitwits the one saying your brothers should come and establish whatever business they doing up north in the east that life is more precious than whatever money they making in the north.double speaking runs in the DNA of mo.ronic simpletons like you turncoats.and again you wanna start the ethnic shyte again.we will be ready to give you and your fellow subhumans the adekunle treatment.
Re: Igbos Were Not The Target Of Kano Bombing - Leaders by Nobody: 7:18am On Mar 30, 2013
The TRUTH is that even if Igbos were the target, it didn't succeed because several ethnic group were affected, some even more than Igbos. Even the list released by the Kano state govt further confirms this fact.

Definitely, a Lagos bound bus from Kano, should be expected to contain passengers of various ethnic group.

Its not as if any ethnic group deserves to die but records have to be set straight. For instance, the yorubas pretend as if persons of their ethnic group were not affected. This sort of attitude can only be likened to the proverbial ostrich that buries its head in sand.

In addition, after the dust of the incident had settled, true casualty figures is beginning to emerge. The record on this report is 37 deaths and 75 injuries.

It would appear the initial baseless and bogus figures published by the press were WRONG. Unfortunately, when incidents like this happens, the Nigerian press compete with one another over which will quote the biggest casuality figures. Even figures from official quarters such is the police or red cross is jettisoned for SPECULATIVE eyewitness/nosewitness figures. I still cannot fathom how how an eyewitness/nosewitness is able to distinguish between the injured and the dead. In Medicine and science, it is only after you'v gone close to a person and examined (touched) the person that you can say whether the person is DEAD or not. I guess the casuality figures from the 9/11 attacks was not gotten by eyewitness/nosewitness account.

So many SILLY things happen in Nigeria and many of us are culpable.

16 Likes

Re: Igbos Were Not The Target Of Kano Bombing - Leaders by eggheaders(m): 7:19am On Mar 30, 2013
Bobandgreat: [color=#000099][/color]

@egghead, for once in ur life, u made half sense, I am impressed.

telling you to go get a life.is so impossible like making a camel pass through a needles eye.
Re: Igbos Were Not The Target Of Kano Bombing - Leaders by Bobandgreat: 7:20am On Mar 30, 2013
[color=#000099][/color]
eggheaders:

dude the hypocrisy of you and your comrades in stupidity knows no bound.ain't y'all nitwits the one saying your brothers should come and establish whatever business they doing up north in the east that life is more precious than whatever money they making in the north.double speaking runs in the DNA of mo.ronic simpletons like you turncoats.and again you wanna start the ethnic shyte again.we will be ready to give you and your fellow subhumans the adekunle treatment.

@egghead, what will u do, will u unleash ur ancestors?

5 Likes

Re: Igbos Were Not The Target Of Kano Bombing - Leaders by nedu2000(m): 7:49am On Mar 30, 2013
did d boko haram tell him dat? Same question goes to GEJ,dat distanced MEND 4rm d independence day attacks. In 2010.....insane!!
Re: Igbos Were Not The Target Of Kano Bombing - Leaders by eggheaders(m): 7:50am On Mar 30, 2013
@bobangashyte.my ancestors gat my back that why I don't cry about of been boko haram training material for the authencity of their ied's.crying adult makes more jokes than Ali baba.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Were Not The Target Of Kano Bombing - Leaders by Bobandgreat: 7:57am On Mar 30, 2013
[color=#000099][/color]
eggheaders: @bobangashyte.my ancestors gat my back that why I don't cry about of been boko haram training material for the authencity of their ied's.crying adult makes more jokes than Ali baba.

Then don't whine about pple who want to defend themselves by themselves since u r already protected by ur ancestors. Is the recently dead Awolowos son among them? Because I know he will be more current with happenstances in the world as he briefs ur league of ancestors. Wish them victory. SMH at such a mind, what an egghead.

4 Likes

Re: Igbos Were Not The Target Of Kano Bombing - Leaders by Nedu31(m): 7:57am On Mar 30, 2013
No doubt the bomb blast cut across the 3 major tribes in Nig.But my question goes these way: 1.whose tribe record the highest casualties? 2. Who ar the main target? 3. Whose properties were bn destroyed? 4. Why mst it b motor park...why not mosque?.Let me use this opportunity to remind that FOOL that Madalla bomb blast also cut across all tribe and religion,because it also affect moslem okada rider,but the target were christian in that church.UN Building Bomb blast also cut across all tribe n religion but d target were UN staff n their property.Same to sabongarri motor park bomb blast,but d target were d Southerner more especially d South Easterner.

17 Likes

Re: Igbos Were Not The Target Of Kano Bombing - Leaders by nedu2000(m): 8:00am On Mar 30, 2013
eggheaders: the peeps up north understand that the boko haram situation spares no one.being you igbo,Hausa,Yoruba,Muslim,Christian or whatever you are.only this uncivilized nitwits that has not cross their village borders that are turning themselves to authority on the situation they know nothing about.and spewing gibberish it a igbo thing or a christian thing.i don't know c-4's do ask people of their tribes or religion before tearing one into piece.it's high time we see boko haram crisis as a Nigerian problem.and stop all this tribal and religious divide thing.
‎​Ɣε̲̣̣̣̥S̶̲̥̅ d BH is a nigerian problem but in a state where 80% r hausas what r d odds of 'aving such a high number of southern casualties?when BH bomb churches & areas in sabon-gari(majority southerners) d hausa victims r more/less collateral damage!!........P.S. I served & leaved in Borno state

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Were Not The Target Of Kano Bombing - Leaders by Nobody: 8:11am On Mar 30, 2013
This man is a fool, the core northerners & muslims who lost their lives in that attack were collateral damages, these boko haram things have always attacked churches and non-muslims. He's either a coward or acting because of some contents in ghana must go in his house.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Were Not The Target Of Kano Bombing - Leaders by stepone(m): 8:20am On Mar 30, 2013
High time ya eye are open... Good development at a start to fight for presidency knowing fully ur trick to Biafra state is not possible.

I tend to feel if Hausas', Yorubas', SS and other tribes are not affected with the way Igbo's loud assault on their people? Now u know Nigeria can't separate, it better to start making things right to get the presidential seat.
Re: Igbos Were Not The Target Of Kano Bombing - Leaders by eggheaders(m): 8:27am On Mar 30, 2013

Then don't whine about pple who want to defend themselves by themselves since u r already protected by ur ancestors. Is the recently dead Awolowos son among them? Because I know he will be more current with happenstances in the world as he briefs ur league of ancestors. Wish them victory. SMH at such a mind, what an egghead.

y'all blockhead ain't worth thinking about by the yorubaman.since you wanna go dirty welcome to the school of mudslinging. I rather keep with ancestors whose death didn't make their wealth an issue of litigation and public fighting .and their spouse not turning to village bicycle where everyone pays token to get a ride.my ancestors has been slewing some people ancestors like David slew Goliath since time immemorial.does this names ring a bell Gen obasanjo,Gen akinrinade,Gen alabi ismah,Gen scorpion the stinging adekunle.it not in the loudmouth and empty chest beating it all lies in the medulla.
Re: Igbos Were Not The Target Of Kano Bombing - Leaders by ikeyman00(m): 8:34am On Mar 30, 2013
@@@

na lie

na only teaches;churches; bars etc dem dey see

u no dey see mosque lipsrsealed
Re: Igbos Were Not The Target Of Kano Bombing - Leaders by Bobandgreat: 8:38am On Mar 30, 2013
[color=#000099][/color]
eggheaders:

y'all blockhead ain't worth thinking about by the yorubaman.since you wanna go dirty welcome to the school of mudslinging. I rather keep with ancestors whose death didn't make their wealth an issue of litigation and public fighting .and their spouse not turning to village bicycle where everyone pays token to get a ride.my ancestors has been slewing some people ancestors like David slew Goliath since time immemorial.does this names ring a bell Gen obasanjo,Gen akinrinade,Gen alabi ismah,Gen scorpion the stinging adekunle.it not in the loudmouth and empty chest beating it all lies in the medulla.

@egghead, I won't even tow that line with u. Is it a crime to wish u and ur ancestors goodluck as they defend u? A whole tribe bringing curse to themselves. Remember the first commandment. Also remember to trust only in the Lord and let the dead rest in peace. SMH at such a head, nothing but an egghead.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Were Not The Target Of Kano Bombing - Leaders by eggheaders(m): 8:58am On Mar 30, 2013

@egghead, I won't even tow that line with u. Is it a crime to wish u and ur ancestors goodluck as they defend u? A whole tribe bringing curse to themselves. Remember the first commandment. Also remember to trust only in the Lord and let the dead rest in peace. SMH at such a head, nothing but an egghead.

you need quality time in the rehab.like I give a flying fucck about the commandment.the Yoruba elders said we gonna engage boko spiritually and physically how does that becomes the headace of alaigbo e-fighters.atleast we ain't crying from pillar to post like y'all shouting like drums that boko sole aim is to kill all nwanyi and nwoke.
Re: Igbos Were Not The Target Of Kano Bombing - Leaders by MrGlobe(m): 9:10am On Mar 30, 2013
This dumbstar eggheader remains the most embarrassed and brutalized personality on nairaland. He never wins any back and forth. smh.
We continue to morn our loss with the other tribe that have found it best to mourn with us and ignore theirs. We condemn the bombing, whoever are the victims.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Were Not The Target Of Kano Bombing - Leaders by jude33084(m): 9:10am On Mar 30, 2013
and therefore enjoined the Igbos to continue to live peacefully with other non natives in their domain.

Hmmm! So Ibos are living in peace in the north grin

No wonder they are in Peace undecided

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Were Not The Target Of Kano Bombing - Leaders by vanstanzy(m): 9:13am On Mar 30, 2013
Now i know better, most of these Nairaland Mods are "tribalists". sad sad sad undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Igbos Were Not The Target Of Kano Bombing - Leaders by Nobody: 9:15am On Mar 30, 2013
Ibos and cowardice. . . .well,they inherited it from their grand-daddy.

Just like the way Oju-iku ran way in the heat of the war.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Were Not The Target Of Kano Bombing - Leaders by musiwa21: 9:15am On Mar 30, 2013
clearly that attack was meant for yoruba people.. they tried to kill yoruba people.

you want to relocate all officers back to where they come from. from the police to the army , civil defence , custom service and others

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Were Not The Target Of Kano Bombing - Leaders by eggheaders(m): 9:16am On Mar 30, 2013
Nedu31: No doubt the bomb blast cut across the 3 major tribes in Nig.But my question goes these way: 1.whose tribe record the highest casualties? 2. Who ar the main target? 3. Whose properties were bn destroyed? 4. Why mst it b motor park...why not mosque?.Let me use this opportunity to remind that FOOL that Madalla bomb blast also cut across all tribe and religion,because it also affect moslem okada rider,but the target were christian in that church.UN Building Bomb blast also cut across all tribe n religion but d target were UN staff n their property.Same to sabongarri motor park bomb blast,but d target were d Southerner more especially d South Easterner.

damn sheikh jafar, emir of kano and other top politicians killed up north are Christian too.the drive by shooting in mosques are targeted at Christian too.boko kills everyone no one is spared. loads of northerns are now fleeing down south. stop being too emotional bro

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Riot Breaks Out In Kaduna / Now I Accept Buhari Hates The South East / Senate Committee On Constitution Amendment At Eko Hotels For A Retreat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.