Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,349 members, 7,819,249 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:17 PM

Any Difference Between Sunday Dressing And Week Days'? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Any Difference Between Sunday Dressing And Week Days'? (7896 Views)

Let's Discuss About Indecent Dressing To Church / The Godly Dressing And Modesty Of A Holy Christian / Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Any Difference Between Sunday Dressing And Week Days'? by Nobody: 1:09pm On Mar 31, 2013
Kamsy10:

Waoh that's what your pastor told you? God doesn't care about outward appearance?. No wonder people dress like harlots to church these days. As a matter of fact, people cover themselves better when they're going to work than when they're going to church. Have u ever read about the attire of a harlot. Not only in church, please dear I hope you don't expose your butts n boobs all over the place all in the name of God being interested in your heart. You should cover your body properly well.
Let me explain that scripture about God looking at the heart for you my dear:
when d bible talks about God looking at the heart,it was directed to those who are already doing the right things for instance those who give to the poor: The Lord wants to make sure they're giving cos they love the poor not because of 'notice me" attitude. He looks at the heart with which you're doing the right thing that the purpose is not a selfish one. That's it
Sorry I forgot these days, the only scripture that is being emphasized by pastors is tithing even though it was only mentioned in the old testament.
So they tell you that Christ has died and all those old testament laws no longer apply except tithing. scam
lol funny but true.what pisses me off more is women with sagged breasts or women breastfeeding babies wearing 'see my breasts' outfit.something they themdelves no is inappropriate and their boss will not permit to work,but they can dress like women of easy virtue to church

1 Like

Re: Any Difference Between Sunday Dressing And Week Days'? by bitweezy: 1:11pm On Mar 31, 2013
Sicozone: I've always wondered,people do have their selection of dresses to church. There are some cloth you see christians put on during workdays and you'll never see them putting it on on a sunday and vice versa,i remember when i was young,when i put on a particular clothe on a week day,my mum will say its a sunday clothe and that i should change it,i've been wondering are there really any differences?..... Your opinion NLers....Thanks

You know certain things were done by individuals in the past with the intent not clearly stated.

For me its like this - if you were invited for a meeting with GEJ, what would you wear? Every meeting were Christians are gathered is a meeting with God and we ought to look our best. He is the owner of the universe remember!
Re: Any Difference Between Sunday Dressing And Week Days'? by AdeniyiA(m): 1:11pm On Mar 31, 2013
segzi cres: people that still have 'sunday clothes' are still childish............GOD doesnt care about your outward appearance.he's more interested in the heart. so if you like dress like you wan collect money e nor mean anything. just put on what makes you feel comfortable o'jare
u mean you know the mind of God?
i beliv the outside is a reflection of the inside.
how do u know if a mango is suitable for eating?
ur internal state will always be made manifest externally.
NB: u attract wat u dress for. e.g prostitute

1 Like

Re: Any Difference Between Sunday Dressing And Week Days'? by mubaraqqq(f): 1:31pm On Mar 31, 2013
Native for sundays and fridays sometimes.
Re: Any Difference Between Sunday Dressing And Week Days'? by obowunmi(m): 1:50pm On Mar 31, 2013
kulyie: Well i wear any dress i feel like on any day,sunday or not.my mood and the weather determines what i wear.if it is a sunny sunday like today now,i will wear a light,simple,yet smart and elegant gown,sometimes sef depending on my mood,i can wear native to office on a monday morning.thank God i am not kuku working in a corporate organization that requires you to wear suit monday to friday.however,when i am going for owanmbes on saturday,i wear aso ebis and sew it in a wickedly short skirt with the top and serious gele

what do you wear under that skirt? I hope nothing..... kiss kiss

Also hope no cottage cheese on your thighs..
Re: Any Difference Between Sunday Dressing And Week Days'? by clemsmith: 2:21pm On Mar 31, 2013
Saraben: sunday is a special day 4 me
HAPPY EASTER TO YOU ALL IN NAIRALAND
Re: Any Difference Between Sunday Dressing And Week Days'? by Pius007: 3:46pm On Mar 31, 2013
Dress moderately,church is not a social gathering.
Re: Any Difference Between Sunday Dressing And Week Days'? by Sicozone(m): 4:04pm On Mar 31, 2013
hardbody:

This topic is so irrelevant. To my mind, if you work from Monday to Friday, or go to school Monday to Friday, or even go to the market, farm, or you are a mechanic that works Monday to Friday, will it be reasonable to wear the same set of cloths classified as it were for workdays to church or wherever in double hell you go to on Sunday's? And you expect answers or comments and contributions abi? Go get a life.....
See this high ranked senseless and idle human being.....where have you been before coming to post this,u frustrated homo-sapien,have u just been given a sack letter that all you do is come down on Nl and express your grief....these are d kind of murons the mods should be banning....i think that its you that should go get a life skunk......
Re: Any Difference Between Sunday Dressing And Week Days'? by vision2050: 4:07pm On Mar 31, 2013
Sijo01: For me, no difference @all........my office wears are my church wears.
same here
Re: Any Difference Between Sunday Dressing And Week Days'? by blackbeau1(f): 4:21pm On Mar 31, 2013
In my own opinion,there should be.its a way of honouring God.for instance,if you had the opportunity to meet president Obama,you wouldn't wear just anything.I'm sure you would wear your very best.the same thing with God.he deserves all the respect we can give to him

1 Like

Re: Any Difference Between Sunday Dressing And Week Days'? by badmeat(m): 5:16pm On Mar 31, 2013
If you want to know if the dressing is right,ask yourself if JESUS comes to me now will I be comfortable in his presence?

1 Like

Re: Any Difference Between Sunday Dressing And Week Days'? by Nobody: 6:25pm On Mar 31, 2013
Kamsy10:

Waoh that's what your pastor told you? God doesn't care about outward appearance?. No wonder people dress like harlots to church these days. As a matter of fact, people cover themselves better when they're going to work than when they're going to church. Have u ever read about the attire of a harlot. Not only in church, please dear I hope you don't expose your butts n boobs all over the place all in the name of God being interested in your heart. You should cover your body properly well.
Let me explain that scripture about God looking at the heart for you my dear:
when d bible talks about God looking at the heart,it was directed to those who are already doing the right things for instance those who give to the poor: The Lord wants to make sure they're giving cos they love the poor not because of 'notice me" attitude. He looks at the heart with which you're doing the right thing that the purpose is not a selfish one. That's it
Sorry I forgot these days, the only scripture that is being emphasized by pastors is tithing even though it was only mentioned in the old testament.
So they tell you that Christ has died and all those old testament laws no longer apply except tithing. scam
+1000 likes.

1 Like

Re: Any Difference Between Sunday Dressing And Week Days'? by Originalsly: 7:00pm On Mar 31, 2013
Why would anyone wear their during the week clothes to the hmmm...fashion parade on Sunday? Today was a big parade day and from what I saw these ladies wearing to church make me wonder how these pastors focus...mini front dresses with maxi back...how do they sit without pastor hmmm...having a peek at their business?

1 Like

Re: Any Difference Between Sunday Dressing And Week Days'? by sunnyt1(m): 9:05pm On Mar 31, 2013
Personally, i dnt have any specified dress code for any particular day. My code depends on hw i feel, though, my mum tot me wat everyone does, bt at a point in ur life u need 2 sit down and re-analyze wat u were fed frm childhood, there shd be a re-birth.
Re: Any Difference Between Sunday Dressing And Week Days'? by comely77(m): 7:09am On Apr 01, 2013
Can't be caught dead wit trousers or jacket anytin from friday to sunday, its everly casual as in jeans, t shirt, sweat shirt, native , jst anytin damn free and fun, crazy sef if u like. While its boring ties and suits all week, I crave a time when I can wear my fun clothes all days!!!for me weekends is it!
Re: Any Difference Between Sunday Dressing And Week Days'? by segzicres(m): 7:37am On Apr 01, 2013
tete7000:

Olodo, do you not know that your outward appearance is also a reflection of your inner self. The scripture requests that you give your best to God. Wear your best clothes to church and look good for God. A man inner self cannot be clean without his outward appearance reflecting same. It is just impossible.
Adeniyi A.:

u mean you know the mind of God?
i beliv the outside is a reflection of the inside.
how do u know if a mango is suitable for eating?
ur internal state will always be made manifest externally.
NB: u attract wat u dress for. e.g prostitute
your president is a perfect example..............he dressed modest and said he dint have shoes. his outward expression was 'modest,honest bla bla bla' and he had evil plans in his heart. in the modern day this your theory doesnt work. i know alotta pastors that scam the church etc. the list could go on and on. you need to change your mentality from that of 1900 to 2013
Re: Any Difference Between Sunday Dressing And Week Days'? by Dannyvoltron(m): 8:24am On Apr 01, 2013
For me it doesn't matter d day or occasion... I look good always cuz u neva might know......
Re: Any Difference Between Sunday Dressing And Week Days'? by ChiSun27(m): 9:03am On Apr 01, 2013
I alwys represent wat Africans r knwn 4.....dats my native attire all d tym...but 1c in a yle I cn go d wyt man's style.
Re: Any Difference Between Sunday Dressing And Week Days'? by orukumoses(m): 11:28am On Apr 01, 2013
People always believe in wearing there best on Sunday to meet wit their God, but not withstanding u can always be urself by looking good all the tym
The way you are dress is the way you will be add. Don't wait for Sunday to come always look good it always boost your ego

(1) (2) (Reply)

End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only / Was Mary,mother Of Jesus Crucified? / Oprah Says There Is No God !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.