Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,093 members, 7,818,278 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:45 AM

4 Ways Co-Parenting Can Be Beneficial To Kids From Broken Homes - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 4 Ways Co-Parenting Can Be Beneficial To Kids From Broken Homes (8450 Views)

Nigerian woman cries out for help after Swedish Govt. took her kids from her / How Do I Stop My Kids From Fighting? / Mum Plans To Stop Her Kids From Getting Addicted To Games & Tablet Using This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

4 Ways Co-Parenting Can Be Beneficial To Kids From Broken Homes by Nobody: 7:04am On Oct 11, 2021
Is the concept of divorce or separation still strange to you? If so, I am almost tempted to ask, “where are your returning from?” In almost all societies in recent times, there has been an upsurge in the number of marriages that are being dissolved. Infact, this rise in proportion is even visible on a daily basis.

With this obvious reality staring each and everyone of us in the face, has come the need for parting couples to find ways to coming together to care for the children. This has culminated into the concept of co-parenting whereby the two parents, decide to work hand in hand in dealing with the children even when they are not living together.

Co-parenting is a relatively new subject of discuss and enquiry. This is partly due to the fact that the practice of divorce or separation is not completely domiciled in many socities and also because, not many parents give high priority and attention to how the kids are faring after a divorce or separation has occurred. However, co-parenting has risen in significance with the increasing cases of divorce and broken homes. Thus, it becomes necessity that the advantages of this be examined.

The Advantages Of Co-parenting
It is always safe to start on the positive note. Thus, we’ll see what good co-parenting brings and to what extent it can be beneficial both to parents and their kids.

1. Co-parenting Creates An Atmosphere And A Feeling Of Oneness And Unity
Sometimes, all we need to thrive is a favourable space where we feel comfortable and secure. Normally, this is what the home usually offers. Still, in a situation of a broken home, the members still need to have this feeling. Co-parenting helps to maintain a situation where the family still feel as though they are together and are still working together. Even though many may want to see this as false hope, it is evident that even false hope can propel us to such great heights unimaginable. So, co-parenting registers this sweet feeling in the minds of children and even parents and it helps them to function properly.

2. Fosters Smooth Flow Of Positive Feeling Of Love And Affection
At whatever point the necessary attention is available, people always feel valued and love. The level of attention children get when the parents agree to work together is usually more than that from a single parent. In such a situation, children are likely to feel important, cherished and love. This feeling alone is enough to build them up as whole individuals even with the knowledge that their parents are no longer together.

3. There Is Room For Better Decisions And Plan
Often we hear the submission that two heads are better than one. This has held true in numerous instances and situations. Unlike a single parent trying to do all the calculations and figure out the lives of the kids alone which might be one-sided, coming together of both parents makes way for more thoughtful and well analysed decisions and plans concerning the kids. The combination of perspective helps in bringing better solutions to issues and making informed decisions.

4. Co-parenting Promotes Better Welfare For Children
In many cases, parents after separation consider provision of children’s welfare as mere legal obligation. They do it as a call of duty without genuine interest and care. Taking care of the kids goes beyond the fulfilment of statutory responsibilities. It goes beyond making money available for one thing or the other. When parents decide on co-parenting, the needs of kids are usually better met. Here, there will not be any proportion of contribution or laid out roles and duties, whichever of the parents detects a need faster will be eager to fix it. If there are issues that need huge demands and financial commitment, it will be easier to handle as the two parents can easily pull resources together. In this way, providing for the kids becomes more of a natural instincts than just honouring a part of a deal.

There is always a means of favourably dealing with uncomfortable situations. Even though the means may not satisfy all the defects, it will help to remedy a whole lot of issues. Co-parenting is not a error-proof solution to dealing with kids of broken homes. It still has some consequences and demerits. However, for one, it can help to adequately take care of the welfare needs of children.

Accordingly, instead of parents pulling apart and relegating the work of parenting to only one party, they can decide to work together and sort out what is best for their kids. Certainly, it is not easy to forgo all the hurt and pains, but for the sake of the children, separated parents should be more willing to embrace co-parenting.
Source:
https://flipmemes.com/2021/08/31/4-ways-co-parenting-can-be-beneficial-to-kids-from-broken-homes/

4 Likes

Re: 4 Ways Co-Parenting Can Be Beneficial To Kids From Broken Homes by virginprincess(f): 7:47am On Oct 11, 2021
grin

1 Like

Re: 4 Ways Co-Parenting Can Be Beneficial To Kids From Broken Homes by Sonnobax15(m): 7:55am On Oct 11, 2021
virginprincess:
grin
Hey dear, long time cheesy
Re: 4 Ways Co-Parenting Can Be Beneficial To Kids From Broken Homes by chiommy123(f): 8:06am On Oct 11, 2021
Op is confused. Sorry oh

7 Likes

Re: 4 Ways Co-Parenting Can Be Beneficial To Kids From Broken Homes by virginprincess(f): 8:41am On Oct 11, 2021
Sonnobax15:
Hey dear, long time cheesy
No see, decided to give nairaland chance cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: 4 Ways Co-Parenting Can Be Beneficial To Kids From Broken Homes by Sonnobax15(m): 9:07am On Oct 11, 2021
virginprincess:
No see, decided to give nairaland chance cheesy cheesy cheesy
grin grin na so.... hope you're good? cheesy
Re: 4 Ways Co-Parenting Can Be Beneficial To Kids From Broken Homes by virginprincess(f): 9:21am On Oct 11, 2021
Sonnobax15:
grin grin na so.... hope you're good? cheesy
yeah I'm cool, how about you?
Re: 4 Ways Co-Parenting Can Be Beneficial To Kids From Broken Homes by Sonnobax15(m): 9:55am On Oct 11, 2021
virginprincess:
yeah I'm cool, how about you?
Bless God my sis..... cheesy
Re: 4 Ways Co-Parenting Can Be Beneficial To Kids From Broken Homes by Pumpumking: 12:14pm On Oct 11, 2021
chiommy123:
Op is confused. Sorry oh

hello i like to get to know u & i have moiney. pleasse do u hav yansh? smiley

1 Like

Re: 4 Ways Co-Parenting Can Be Beneficial To Kids From Broken Homes by chiommy123(f): 11:30pm On Oct 15, 2021
Pumpumking:

hello i like to get to know u & i have moiney. pleasse do u hav yansh? smiley
I have yanshes

4 Likes

Re: 4 Ways Co-Parenting Can Be Beneficial To Kids From Broken Homes by temitope27(m): 3:46pm On Oct 16, 2021
chiommy123:
Op is confused. Sorry oh
how, mama ode

1 Like

Re: 4 Ways Co-Parenting Can Be Beneficial To Kids From Broken Homes by ekanx27(m): 3:46pm On Oct 16, 2021
Re: 4 Ways Co-Parenting Can Be Beneficial To Kids From Broken Homes by Ojikutumomiage(m): 3:46pm On Oct 16, 2021
Op, this a great topic and I salute your insights. Okay, but in as much I think you're absolutely right, there are some points we should re-evaluate.
1. You're right, many will see it as a white elephant, false hope as you've rightly said. What you see mostly in broken homes is the problems of who takes custody of the child or how frequently they're allowed to visit. Be that as it may, co-parenting financially may be hindered by grudges nurtured by both (prolly caused the breakup), ...... Situations may differ from my experience

Sadly, the first point is a murder to the fact that co-parenting will hardly work in Africa because of family ties and how one portray the other to their children
But it all still looms on the fact that Marriage is good, Divorce is bad sad Na d children dey suffer am.

6 Likes

Re: 4 Ways Co-Parenting Can Be Beneficial To Kids From Broken Homes by Skillsnigeria: 3:47pm On Oct 16, 2021
grin hmmm
Re: 4 Ways Co-Parenting Can Be Beneficial To Kids From Broken Homes by Charmingrascal(m): 3:47pm On Oct 16, 2021
Absence of co parenting turned Angel to a shameless prostitute.

3 Likes

Re: 4 Ways Co-Parenting Can Be Beneficial To Kids From Broken Homes by nanauju(f): 3:48pm On Oct 16, 2021
Ok
Re: 4 Ways Co-Parenting Can Be Beneficial To Kids From Broken Homes by Nobody: 3:49pm On Oct 16, 2021
The world would be a better place if all step-parents try hard to love their new children. They naturally don't like each other.
But if the new parent persists and grovels enough it's possible to have a solid relationship where the child feels secure & the divorce is not so damaging.
Re: 4 Ways Co-Parenting Can Be Beneficial To Kids From Broken Homes by 2oby: 3:53pm On Oct 16, 2021
If divorce cant be avoided, co-parenting should or must be looked into for the good of the child. We must never bring our shortfalls to d detriment of a child's welfare.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 4 Ways Co-Parenting Can Be Beneficial To Kids From Broken Homes by bigdammyj: 3:53pm On Oct 16, 2021
Okay
Re: 4 Ways Co-Parenting Can Be Beneficial To Kids From Broken Homes by Zaxbash1: 3:55pm On Oct 16, 2021
chiommy123:
I have yanshes
U show sey kro kro no dey... grin just asking
Re: 4 Ways Co-Parenting Can Be Beneficial To Kids From Broken Homes by helinues: 3:57pm On Oct 16, 2021
shocked

Who would stay in an inconducive environment?
Re: 4 Ways Co-Parenting Can Be Beneficial To Kids From Broken Homes by BigDawsNet: 4:00pm On Oct 16, 2021
Nowadays you see Man married to a Man

They adopt kids ....

Those kids are trained by both Husband's

While the kid regard them as Dad's

To be honest! They last more than usual one
Re: 4 Ways Co-Parenting Can Be Beneficial To Kids From Broken Homes by RPG2020(m): 4:02pm On Oct 16, 2021
Very big lie grin

1 Like

Re: 4 Ways Co-Parenting Can Be Beneficial To Kids From Broken Homes by Naturalobserver(m): 4:03pm On Oct 16, 2021
Zaxbash1:
U show sey kro kro no dey... grin just asking
Lol
Who be this one?
Re: 4 Ways Co-Parenting Can Be Beneficial To Kids From Broken Homes by sammysmiles(m): 4:08pm On Oct 16, 2021
So many senseless comments above me undecided

1 Like

Re: 4 Ways Co-Parenting Can Be Beneficial To Kids From Broken Homes by treatise: 4:10pm On Oct 16, 2021
Why separating in the first place ; send the kids instead to Care Homes for kids so that the parents can enjoy the maximum freedom they seek.

1 Like

Re: 4 Ways Co-Parenting Can Be Beneficial To Kids From Broken Homes by Lovelife433(m): 4:13pm On Oct 16, 2021
shocked
Ur fixed odd no sure Jo.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What's your Ideal Family Size? / Why Is Some Men Wicked And Promiscious After Wedding / Finding Your Partner In The Religious Home Is Not A Guarantee For Happy Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.