Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,376 members, 7,836,533 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:29 AM

Do Babies Enjoy Being Backed? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Do Babies Enjoy Being Backed? (8466 Views)

Woman Climbing Fence With Backed Baby (photo) / Do Babies Need Drugs Before They Start Teething? Mothers Pls Help!!! / What Do Babies Stare Blankly At? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Babies Enjoy Being Backed? by GalaxyNoteII: 5:29pm On Apr 01, 2013
Mynd_44:

I also know some kids takes their mother's wrapper and goes to some older women asking to be "Backed" I have seen it happen a lot and my mum has been harrassed by kids too. These women do it so effortlessly and I wonder why the kids want it so much.
?
ROTFLMAO grin grin grin

I have a theory. . . . .
Re: Do Babies Enjoy Being Backed? by igbsam(m): 5:29pm On Apr 01, 2013
Since Nigerian Girls / Ladies loved to be called "BABY" I think they are in the best position to answer this question. grin
Re: Do Babies Enjoy Being Backed? by Barayeks(m): 5:41pm On Apr 01, 2013
Gimme a sec lemme ask this baby down the road........... brb
Re: Do Babies Enjoy Being Backed? by Frostyzone(m): 5:52pm On Apr 01, 2013
@Op, Why don't you stop and asked a baby on his/her mother's back that absurd question on your way back from work, heh?
Re: Do Babies Enjoy Being Backed? by creativemusic: 6:04pm On Apr 01, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Do Babies Enjoy Being Backed? by Mavor: 6:55pm On Apr 01, 2013
Backing causes women's boobs to sag faster
Re: Do Babies Enjoy Being Backed? by Nobody: 7:26pm On Apr 01, 2013
♍Ɣ baby enjoyed being backed, she is four now Ãήϑ sometimes still ask ♍e to back her. I'm not the type that can hold baby for long Ãήϑ she doesn't enjoy being left in her crib, so i got used to backing her around the house(hardly take her out) Ãήϑ she is always comfortable with it Ãήϑ make ♍Ɣ chores faster Ãήϑ easier. Honestly i don't know i can come to love it.

1 Like

Re: Do Babies Enjoy Being Backed? by annalong: 7:33pm On Apr 01, 2013
I feel, it is more for security. My daughter is 1 year and 5 Months, I hardly ever back her (started when she was about 1 year old). But there are times she is just so clingy and i have stuff to do, those times i put her on my back and she lets me rest, she will usually refuse to come down and just sleep off.
Re: Do Babies Enjoy Being Backed? by Zooposki(f): 7:49pm On Apr 01, 2013
Lord_Reed: I remember my childhood enough to know I both loved and hated it. I loved it because of the human warmth and the deep chest rumbles the "backers" voice or the reverbs of my own voice against the back, combined these made it easy to drift off to sleep. I hated it when my hands and legs were constrained within the cloth; often I would cry and fight to have them out of the cloth before the tying. Also the heat sometimes was disturbing.

Thank God. A baby that remembered.
Re: Do Babies Enjoy Being Backed? by Nobody: 7:56pm On Apr 01, 2013
Zooposki:

Thank God. A baby that remembered.

cheesy cheesy cheesy

I enjoyed Lord_reed's write up tho.
Re: Do Babies Enjoy Being Backed? by nusad: 8:30pm On Apr 01, 2013
Chaulay1: I don't tink it is all babies dat enjoy being backed. my baby is going to 2mths now and on 2 occasions dat I tried backing her, she was fidgeting and whimpering and I had to put her down after sometime when I realised dat she was not just comfortable with it. Some pple said she reacted like dat because she is not used to it and dat I started rather late. Whereas I'm tinking she's even too young to be backed. Well, anyhow sha.

You are very correct. Not all baby likes been backed. My son is 5months now. I always force him on her mum back, whenever she wanted to back him. I have to pin down his two legs. Therefore,not all our children likes backing.
Re: Do Babies Enjoy Being Backed? by nosike3(m): 8:41pm On Apr 01, 2013
Mehn!!! This is definitely a stupid question!!! Very soon, you will ask if babies prefare feeding bottles to sucking bobby? Nonsense thread
Re: Do Babies Enjoy Being Backed? by MrCork17: 8:45pm On Apr 01, 2013
if the mother have big nyansh..of course they will enjoy it....duh! undecided
Re: Do Babies Enjoy Being Backed? by free2ryhme: 8:46pm On Apr 01, 2013
Mynd_44: I have this neighbour who has a lovely 3 month old girl. The girl is cute and smiles a lot but the poop part is not fun. I discovered that this child does not sleep much in the afternoon when placed on a bed or chair, she only sleeps long when she is "Backed" by either the mother or someone else. I thought I was the only one who noticed this until her mother too mentioned it.

I also know some kids takes their mother's wrapper and goes to some older women asking to be "Backed" I have seen it happen a lot and my mum has been harrassed by kids too. These women do it so effortlessly and I wonder why the kids want it so much.

I asked around and someone said the kids enjoy the warmth the body of another human give but this is Nigeria and it is hot already. Someone else said the baby feels more secure but I don't get the security. I wish I remember when I was a child and if I liked it.

What do you think? Do babies enjoy being backed more than being on the bed or it is the same for you?

become a baby so u can find out
Re: Do Babies Enjoy Being Backed? by Dyt(f): 9:01pm On Apr 01, 2013
My son slps longer at my back
He feels more relaxed n comfy
Tho I like it sometimes bt
Re: Do Babies Enjoy Being Backed? by Zooposki(f): 9:38pm On Apr 01, 2013
nosike3: Mehn!!! This is definitely a stupid question!!! Very soon, you will ask if babies prefare feeding bottles to sucking bobby? Nonsense thread

Prefare ke? Bobby ke?
Re: Do Babies Enjoy Being Backed? by lagcity(m): 9:42pm On Apr 01, 2013
It depends on the personality of the baby. Some kids are so full of energy and just want to crawl around and explore. Such a kid would be miserable if you backed him/her.
Re: Do Babies Enjoy Being Backed? by Zooposki(f): 9:43pm On Apr 01, 2013
nusad:

You are very correct. Not all baby likes been backed. My son is 5months now. I always force him on her mum back, whenever she wanted to back him. I have to pin down his two legs. Therefore,not all our children likes backing.

May your two legs be pinned down, just as you have pinned down this innocent baby's legs.

1 Like

Re: Do Babies Enjoy Being Backed? by Policewoman(f): 11:06pm On Apr 01, 2013
Yes they do.
Re: Do Babies Enjoy Being Backed? by GraceBestowed(f): 11:56pm On Apr 01, 2013
Zooposki:

May your two legs be pinned down, just as you have pinned down this innocent baby's legs.

ROTFLMBO!!!! Ahh Ahh, it's not *that* serious!!!!! I know where he's coming from, but your post got me laughing, with tears in my eyes!!! Loooool!!
Re: Do Babies Enjoy Being Backed? by Ib(f): 12:02am On Apr 02, 2013
I only discovered backing my baby about 2 months ago when she was 7 months and i tell you it is a lifesaver. When she's getting cranky, overtired and in need of a nap, i back her and its like sleeping tablets..she just goes....zzzzz. When im trying to cook in the kitchen and she wont let me get on with my chores, i back her and she feels secure by being with me whilst i can get on with my tasks without any disturbance. I even find it more convenient backing her than when i carried her with the baby carrier on my front. I couldnt carry the weight after she turned 4months but when you carry them on the back, you carry them until they are toddlers as mentioned above.

I cant speak for other babies but it certainly works for me even though i started late...she loves it. And for us abroad who dont have anyone to help us look after our babies, backing your baby will come as a great help to you. Try it. I just wish someone can come up with an innovative way of designing some cool carrier for this, im sure it would be a best seller.

1 Like

Re: Do Babies Enjoy Being Backed? by nekaa(f): 1:27am On Apr 02, 2013
My boifrnd backs me at times and I usually enjoy it, esp when he's moving around... Lol. Buh, As kid I remember I loved it, ma momma never got tired of reminding aw annoying I cld get wen I want tu be backed.. Until her death we still re-lived those ma baby days, cause i wee tell her " ah won back" she wld reply "go bring new hollandis".... Lol. Mhen i miss ma momma.
Re: Do Babies Enjoy Being Backed? by dam4sam: 6:37am On Apr 02, 2013
Frosti: I have to find a baby that will be able to answer this question.

Yea, you just found one!

hehehhehahhhahahha (starts to cry like a baby)! shocked shocked shocked

What else do you expect from a BABY, huh?

***Cries more****
Re: Do Babies Enjoy Being Backed? by blackbeau1(f): 9:22am On Apr 02, 2013
Just ask the baby.if he or she can answer,then that's your answer right there.
Re: Do Babies Enjoy Being Backed? by trixandra(f): 1:12pm On Apr 02, 2013
Mavor: Backing causes women's boobs to sag faster
who propounded this theory?
Re: Do Babies Enjoy Being Backed? by JadeWilliam(f): 4:38pm On Apr 02, 2013
My baby is a year + &we started backin her frm 4mths.Uptil now;sh enjoys backing.Most tyms;sh wil go&bring wrapper&giv 2me or her nanny&we'l knw sh wants 2backed or wants 2sleep.If u ignore her;sh'l so whine dat u'l just succumb.Somtyms,if u'r sitted on d bed;sh'l climb d bed,go 2ur back&start pushin u 2stand up&back her.Weneva sh's backed;sh'l sleep off immediately.Children lik it though but its damn discomforting because of d weight on d hips
Re: Do Babies Enjoy Being Backed? by GalaxyNoteII: 4:42pm On Apr 02, 2013
Zooposki:

rotflmao grin grin grin
Re: Do Babies Enjoy Being Backed? by Nobody: 8:41pm On Apr 02, 2013
Even my white neighbour backs her daughter sometimes,while our own ladies have neglected the act.
Re: Do Babies Enjoy Being Backed? by MMotimo: 10:06pm On Apr 02, 2013
neglect is a strong word undecided

I never backed my children and have absolutely no interest in the practice, that doesn't mean neglect in any shape or form.

uplawal: Even my white neighbour backs her daughter sometimes,while our own ladies have neglected the act.
Re: Do Babies Enjoy Being Backed? by debola23(f): 3:59am On Apr 03, 2013
I think all babies love to be backed. Except those who were not brought up that way. I back my baby anytime I have things to do nd she needs attention. Mostly when we are in church and she starts to throw tantrums. prefers to pull the head gear off the person seating in front. She sleeps off within five minutes
Re: Do Babies Enjoy Being Backed? by Gloriagee(f): 8:41am On Apr 03, 2013
@Mynd- thanks a bunch! I guess I'll cross that bridge when I get there
Re: Do Babies Enjoy Being Backed? by Mynd44: 9:45am On Apr 03, 2013
Gloriagee: @Mynd- thanks a bunch! I guess I'll cross that bridge when I get there
What did I do?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Finding Your Partner In The Religious Home Is Not A Guarantee For Happy Home / Yahoo-Yahoo / Olosho Matter,Parents..what Precautionary Steps Are You Taking? / I Like Sex But My Wife Doesn't, Please Advice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.