Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,944 members, 7,952,806 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:39 AM

Muhammad cannot be the Comforter - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Muhammad cannot be the Comforter (7182 Views)

Who Is The Comforter Jesus Promised / Mohammed Is Not The Comforter / Why Do Muslims Think That The Comforter Jesus Christ Promised Is Muhammad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muhammad cannot be the Comforter by vedaxcool(m): 7:45pm On Apr 03, 2013
deSika:
my third point is this
John 14:16 says And I will pray the father, and he shall give you another PARACLETE, that he may abide with you forever.
muslim scholars say no its
And I will pray the father, and he shall give you another PERIQLYTOS, that he may abide with you forever.
Which means
And I will pray the father, and he shall give you another MOHAMMAD, that he may abide with you forever.
I hope u get it now. my question now is who was the Mohammed before this Mohammed(neva mind that some muslims say Mohammed was the first to bear the name,they may be lying)
the point is if there was no Mohammad before Mohammad then it nullifies that statement.

are you stiill with me

Couldn't u have simply just translated it as I will send you another praised one? This is getting funny . . . Your points are poor indeed!
Re: Muhammad cannot be the Comforter by vedaxcool(m): 8:08pm On Apr 03, 2013
deSika:
aha ye we go again. i need clarity on this issue.
who or what do yu say the periclytos is
a. Mohammad or
b. teachings of the Mohammad (the next comforter)
if u ask me i wud say the answer is non of the above
it cant be Mohammad, why dats wat i hv been trying to say in this thread
it cant be option b because we are a comforter that is an 'HE' HE shall abide with u forever, HE shall glorify me etc.

am not here for argument sake. after showing yu why Mohammad is not the comforter, then we will move on to who the comforter is. so lets not jump the gun uhn.

The question is did Jesus abide with us on earth forever? Nope! Jesus is no longer on earth and this has been for the past 2000 years!

If Jesus did not abide with us forever it would be nonsesical to expect another comforter like him, a mortal, to live forever! So we muslim understand clearly by saying he (Muhammad) would abide with you forever he actually was referring to what Muhammad was bringing Islam, as what he was bringing was the koko of what Jesus was talking about, long after the death of Muhammad pbuh the Qur'an and everything that Islam stands for defends the honor of Jesus and his Mother, and speaks of him in positive light! The substance of the entire statement of the comforter was what he would bring, guidance to the entire truth and Jesus clearly says he had not guided his disciples to the entire truth which they could not bear!
Re: Muhammad cannot be the Comforter by vedaxcool(m): 8:22pm On Apr 03, 2013
deSika: @ thorpido
these guys are not saying anything. perhaps they are stil consulting with their scholars and websites.
there is a place inthe is it quran or hadiths that say when truth comes falsehood flees.

@NL Moslems
wat silence
there is nothing wrong in admitting that u have bin wrong all this while especially on this issue. common life still goes on.

am glad for this opportunity to pas this message across.

anyways Vedaxcool has just become my most respected muslim of the year. atleast for saying something but yu dd not finish with the points o. i no u r busy. so wen u r free drop bye.

i once saw Sheihk Thaba viewing this thread.
Salaam

The funny thing is the people u are mocking to have actually responded to this same time without number and it gets very tiring to respond to the same thing over and over again, and if these same people actually replied to your poorly constructed argument, the result wouldn't be goof for you and FYI it is really by choice to engage people in such lenghty discussion in pigin NO BE BY FORCE , it seem u got most of these ideas from websites!
Re: Muhammad cannot be the Comforter by vedaxcool(m): 9:00pm On Apr 03, 2013
4. On Point 5 you make Jesus contradict himself, as 17 speaks of spirit that dwells in you (the disciples), lives in you in other words already existing . . . But Jesus says in 26 the father will send . . . Inhering a future action

Furthermore he said:

ohn 16:7-14 "Nevertheless I tell you the
truth; It is expedient for you that I go
away: for if I go not away, the Comforter
will not come unto you; but if I depart, I
will send him unto you . . .

So here Jesus conditions the comforter coming on his departure yet in verse 17 he talks of an entity that is already existing in people
Re: Muhammad cannot be the Comforter by vedaxcool(m): 9:37pm On Apr 03, 2013
6. Muhammad pbuh was not send in Jesus name that is clear.
Re: Muhammad cannot be the Comforter by vedaxcool(m): 9:52pm On Apr 03, 2013
A young man once asked Jesus a
question similar to your question. "Now
behold, one came and said to Him,
"Good Teacher, what good thing shall I
do that I may have eternal life?" So He
said to him, "Why do you call Me good?
No one is good but One, that is, God. But
if you want to enter into life, keep the
commandments." He said to Him, "Which
ones?" Jesus said, "'You shall not
murder,' 'You shall not commit adultery,'
'You shall not steal,' 'You shall not bear
false witness,' 'Honor your father and
your mother,' and, 'You shall love your
neighbor as yourself.'" The young man
said to Him, "All these things I have kept
from my youth. What do I still lack?"
Jesus said to him, "If you want to be
perfect, go, sell what you have and give
to the poor, and you will have treasure in
heaven; and come, follow Me." But when
the young man heard that saying, he
went away sorrowful, for he had great
possessions" ( Matthew 19:16-22).

Can u show which of the above the Qur'an rejects oh wait Jesus claim the law have been fulfilled . . .

Mark 12:29

"The most important one," answered
Jesus, "is this: 'Hear, O Israel: The Lord
our God, the Lord is one.

This the entire repeatedly states over and over again . . . That Allah is one.
Re: Muhammad cannot be the Comforter by vedaxcool(m): 9:53pm On Apr 03, 2013
8. Some how the bible is actually weird; we read:
He said that some standing there would not taste death until they see the Son of Man coming in His Kingdom. Matthew 16:28

Yet all his disciples never saw him coming!

In the chapter he says;

28 “You heard me say, ‘I am going away
and I am coming back to you.’ If you
loved me, you would be glad that I am
going to the Father, for the Father is
greater than I.

Yet his disciples died and never witness him back even 2000yrs later!

The only people committing shriek are those who despite Jesus saying the father is greater than him, still prefer saying he is one with the father!
Re: Muhammad cannot be the Comforter by seyibrown(f): 3:58am On Apr 04, 2013
Big thanks to deSika for taking time to really take the Islamic 'Muhammad = Another comforter' claim to shreds. The claim is laughable and outrageous. Muhammad and Jesus clearly preached a God that was distinctly different from the other, and the evidence is today before our eyes, all around us! Christ preached repentance, forgiveness, spirit, life and a relationship with the Father, as the way to the Father; Mohammed preached punishment, tradition and rites, as a way to Allah! We cannot successfuly graft Muhammad into the vine (The Father) that bore Christ. To accept the Allah preached by Muhammad is to reject the Father that Christ preached, and vice versa. The Father of Christ is not the Allah of Muhammad!
Re: Muhammad cannot be the Comforter by deSika(m): 10:07pm On Apr 10, 2013
vedaxcool:

Couldn't u have simply just translated it as I will send you another praised one? This is getting funny . . . Your points are poor indeed!
funny abi, thank God u r seein it. if praised one means Mohammed why cant i translate it to Mohammed. why, i need just one reason

#sori i am replying this late. i had to attend to someother things offline
Re: Muhammad cannot be the Comforter by deSika(m): 10:14pm On Apr 10, 2013
vedaxcool:

The question is did Jesus abide with us on earth forever? Nope! Jesus is no longer on earth and this has been for the past 2000 years!

If Jesus did not abide with us forever it would be nonsesical to expect another comforter like him, a mortal, to live forever! So we muslim understand clearly by saying he (Muhammad) would abide with you forever he actually was referring to what Muhammad was bringing Islam, as what he was bringing was the koko of what Jesus was talking about, long after the death of Muhammad pbuh the Qur'an and everything that Islam stands for defends the honor of Jesus and his Mother, and speaks of him in positive light! The substance of the entire statement of the comforter was what he would bring, guidance to the entire truth and Jesus clearly says he had not guided his disciples to the entire truth which they could not bear!
now pls tell who was intended to last forever from the text, is it the comforter (a person) or the comforter (a message).
{and he shall give yu another comforter that he may abide with you forever}
Re: Muhammad cannot be the Comforter by deSika(m): 10:23pm On Apr 10, 2013
vedaxcool:

Jesus clearly says he had not guided his disciples to the entire truth which they could not bear!
so u agree Jesus was talking to his disciples uhn.
one honest answer from you pls: was Mohamed sent to these disciples u talked about.
Re: Muhammad cannot be the Comforter by deSika(m): 10:32pm On Apr 10, 2013
vedaxcool: 4. On Point 5 you make Jesus contradict himself, as 17 speaks of spirit that dwells in you (the disciples), lives in you in other words already existing . . . But Jesus says in 26 the father will send . . . Inhering a future action

Furthermore he said:

So here Jesus conditions the comforter coming on his departure yet in verse 17 he talks of an entity that is already existing in people
now my problem is this: was Mohamed sent to these same discipples that Jesus was talking about.(note he was going to leave them for this comforter to come to them)

yu r still trying to bring in holyspirit here which am not doing now. the intent of this thread is to show that Mohammed cannot be the comforter.
Re: Muhammad cannot be the Comforter by deSika(m): 10:37pm On Apr 10, 2013
vedaxcool: 6. Muhammad pbuh was not send in Jesus name that is clear.
should i take this to mean that yu agree that Mohammed is not the one spoken about in those verses..

#if the comforter is sent in Jesus name and here u are saying Mohammed was not sent in Jesus name then of course Mohammed is not the comforter..

{if Mohammed is the comforter then he is sent in Jesus name} which one is it
Re: Muhammad cannot be the Comforter by deSika(m): 10:52pm On Apr 10, 2013
vedaxcool: 8. Some how the bible is actually weird; we read:
He said that some standing there would not taste death until they see the Son of Man coming in His Kingdom. Matthew 16:28

In the chapter he says;

greater than I.

The only people committing shriek are those who despite Jesus saying the father is greater than him, still prefer saying he is one with the father!

did u read this part of the bible Luke 24:36 And as they thus spoke, Jesus stood in the midst of them, and saith unto them peace be unto u. also read Matt 28:9-20. Luke 24:15,John 20:14.
so stop saying what u dont know

#the funny thing is that Jesus said that the father is greater than him and also said he and his father is one. the truth is u dont just choose to take one sayings and ignore the other sayings
Re: Muhammad cannot be the Comforter by deSika(m): 11:04pm On Apr 10, 2013
and somhow u managed to doge one important question which is
Is Mohammed similar to Jesus as in Johns gospel or not similar to him as in Deutronomy.
Re: Muhammad cannot be the Comforter by vedaxcool(m): 11:18am On Apr 11, 2013
deSika:
funny abi, thank God u r seein it. if praised one means Mohammed why cant i translate it to Mohammed. why, i need just one reason

#sori i am replying this late. i had to attend to someother things offline

You can do whatever you like, but at the end it still boils down to praised one! grin grin grin

I thought flasehood had fled and truth had arrived! any way life is really offline!
Re: Muhammad cannot be the Comforter by vedaxcool(m): 11:20am On Apr 11, 2013
deSika:
now pls tell who was intended to last forever from the text, is it the comforter (a person) or the comforter (a message).
{and he shall give yu another comforter that he may abide with you forever}

you have beeen answered before, and it seems whenever your questionhave been debunked thoroughly you ask another one rather than accept that you verbatim quote was badly thought!
Re: Muhammad cannot be the Comforter by Stalwert: 11:41am On Apr 11, 2013
deSika: so u agree Jesus was talking to his disciples uhn.
one honest answer from you pls: was Mohamed sent to these disciples u talked about.

No Muhammad wasn't sent to the disciples as Jesus clearly stated they (his disciples) could not bear with the many things the comforter is suppose to teach them.
Re: Muhammad cannot be the Comforter by Stalwert: 11:51am On Apr 11, 2013
deSika:
now my problem is this: was Mohamed sent to these same discipples that Jesus was talking about.(note he was going to leave them for this comforter to come to them)

yu r still trying to bring in holyspirit here which am not doing now. the intent of this thread is to show that Mohammed cannot be the comforter.

maybe you forgot what you wrote ( funny you ask the same question twice) no need stating your intention over and over agin, you alrady said that before, to the effect that we thought you had fled the scene seeing your points have been debunked:

deSika:

5. Verse 17 says Even the spirit of truth whom the world cannot receive, because he seeth him not, neither knoweth him;but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you and shall be in you.

This verse shows the criteria for the comforter which Muhammad clearly did not meet. Muhammad could be seen and did not dwell in any person

which i simply pointed out to you;

vedaxcool: 4. On Point 5 you make Jesus contradict himself, as 17 speaks of spirit that dwells in you (the disciples), lives in you in other words already existing . . . But Jesus says in 26 the father will send . . . Infering a future action

Furthermore he said:

in essence point 5 is debunked thoroughly. what is really happening here baffles me, either you do not know the point you wrote earlier in you op or you are simply wanting to babble to eternity! grin grin grin grin
Re: Muhammad cannot be the Comforter by Stalwert: 12:00pm On Apr 11, 2013
deSika:
should i take this to mean that yu agree that Mohammed is not the one spoken about in those verses..

#if the comforter is sent in Jesus name and here u are saying Mohammed was not sent in Jesus name then of course Mohammed is not the comforter..

{if Mohammed is the comforter then he is sent in Jesus name} which one is it

As indicated earlier not every word stated in the verse are accepted by Muslim, as indicated the bible is distorted severly and there is apple evidence by even Christian scholars that the verse in question have been tampered with! Muhammad is the comforter sent by God, Jesus ios a servant of God.

By myself I can do nothing; I judge only as I hear, and my judgment is just, for I seek not to please myself but him who sent me. John 5:30

How would Jesus who sent start getting people sent in his name?

To muslims it is clear that the Jesus would not put himself above his God nor equal to him
Re: Muhammad cannot be the Comforter by Stalwert: 12:01pm On Apr 11, 2013
vedaxcool: 7.
A young man once asked Jesus a
question similar to your question. "Now
behold, one came and said to Him,
"Good Teacher, what good thing shall I
do that I may have eternal life?" So He
said to him, "Why do you call Me good?
No one is good but One, that is, God. But
if you want to enter into life, keep the
commandments." He said to Him, "Which
ones?" Jesus said, "'You shall not
murder,' 'You shall not commit adultery,'
'You shall not steal,' 'You shall not bear
false witness,' 'Honor your father and
your mother,' and, 'You shall love your
neighbor as yourself.'" The young man
said to Him, "All these things I have kept
from my youth. What do I still lack?"
Jesus said to him, "If you want to be
perfect, go, sell what you have and give
to the poor, and you will have treasure in
heaven; and come, follow Me." But when
the young man heard that saying, he
went away sorrowful, for he had great
possessions" ( Matthew 19:16-22).

Can u show which of the above the Qur'an rejects oh wait Jesus claim the law have been fulfilled . . .

Mark 12:29

"The most important one," answered
Jesus, "is this: 'Hear, O Israel: The Lord
our God, the Lord is one.

This the entire repeatedly states over and over again . . . That Allah is one.

No word on this grin grin grin grin grin you guys are unserious indeed
Re: Muhammad cannot be the Comforter by Stalwert: 12:10pm On Apr 11, 2013
deSika: did u read this part of the bible Luke 24:36 And as they thus spoke, Jesus stood in the midst of them, and saith unto them peace be unto u. also read Matt 28:9-20. Luke 24:15,John 20:14.
so stop saying what u dont know

#the funny thing is that Jesus said that the father is greater than him and also said he and his father is one. the truth is u dont just choose to take one sayings and ignore the other sayings

no response to this right? grin grin grin grin

vedaxcool: 8. Some how the bible is actually weird; we read:

In the chapter he says;

greater than I.

Keep avoiding the issues it is getting funnier than I thought yes Jesus said I and My father are I in what context? in purpose but trust Christians and their selective reading:

25Jesus answered, “I did tell you, but you do not believe. The works I do in my Father’s name testify about me, 26but you do not believe because you are not my sheep. 27My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. 28I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. 29My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all c ; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand. 30I and the Father are one.”

in essence I and my father are one in purpose

lets read further;

Again his Jewish opponents picked up stones to stone him, 32but Jesus said to them, “I have shown you many good works from the Father. For which of these do you stone me?”

33“We are not stoning you for any good work,” they replied, “but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God.”

34Jesus answered them, “Is it not written in your Law, ‘I have said you are “gods” ’ d ? 35If he called them ‘gods,’ to whom the word of God came—and Scripture cannot be set aside— 36what about the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world? Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said, ‘I am God’s Son’?

Why did Jesus do all the above explaining!
Re: Muhammad cannot be the Comforter by deSika(m): 6:35pm On Apr 12, 2013
is stalwert and Vedaxcool same person. anyways nice to meet u stalwert.
vedaxcool:

You can do whatever you like, but at the end it still boils down to praised one! grin grin grin

I thought flasehood had fled and truth had arrived! any way life is really offline!
am not doing wat i like i am interpreting the verse in line with wt u guys are asking us to do(ie inserting Mohameds name)
am sure by now u get my gist on that point so we can move on to other points.
Re: Muhammad cannot be the Comforter by tbaba1234: 6:50pm On Apr 12, 2013
I think it is time to ignore this desika and his questions... He is not here for truth... Some of the questions are just incredibly silly, to be honest. I think, this is truthman using another user name.
Re: Muhammad cannot be the Comforter by deSika(m): 7:24pm On Apr 12, 2013
vedaxcool:

you have beeen answered before, and it seems whenever your questionhave been debunked thoroughly you ask another one rather than accept that you verbatim quote was badly thought!
dnt make me laugh. me debunked. uv nt debunked even one point from d op

this is wat u said
Muslims uderstand this words to mean the teachings of the next comforter would abide forever,

this is wat the verse says
John 14:16 says And I will pray the father, and he shall give you another comforter, that he may abide with you forever.

that HE(THE COMFORTER) may abide with yu forever.
the verse is clear on wu is to abide for ever. its the comforter,d comforter's person(u say d comforter = Muhammed). the verse did not say the comforters teachings may abide with u forever. in this case the verse wud hv read "and he shall give u another comforter WHOSE TEACHINGS will abide with yu forever".

then i asked yu to chose one. since the verse says the comforter is the one to abide forever. is the comforter Mohammed or his teachings.

a. if comforter is Mohamed then Mohamed wud abide forever
b. if comforter is Mohameds teaching then Mohameds teaching wud abide forever.
u
and yu say u debunked the question.no u ddnt

comforter cannot be both Mohamed and Mohameds teachings. it has to be one.I ASKED U TO CHOOSE ONE AND UV NOT DONE THAT YET.

why cant it be his teachings?
because periqlytos means praised one. Mohameds teachings does not mean praised one. at best we can say Praised one's teachings. now the verse says praised one and not praised ones teachings.(and he shall give you another comforter/periclytos/praised one)

secondly, the verse says that HE may abide with yu forever.
teachings cannot be represented wth the pronoun HE. teachings can be represented with IT.

so since comforter/periclytos is not Mohameds teaching we are left with Mohamed.

why cant it be Mohamed
the comforter is one to abide forever. Now Mohamed did not abide forever. so mohamed canot be the comforter

so we cant use periclytos here since it cant conform with the rest of the statement. its so clear, Vedaxcool jst admit and move along
Re: Muhammad cannot be the Comforter by deSika(m): 7:40pm On Apr 12, 2013
Stalwert:

No Muhammad wasn't sent to the disciples as Jesus clearly stated they (his disciples) could not bear with the many things the comforter is suppose to teach them.
here again u find ursef agreeing with me. look at it
comforter is to be sent to Jesus disciples becos Jesus is leaving them.
and yu say
Muhammad wasn't sent to the disciples.
Conclusion Mohamed cannot be the comforter
pls read

john 16:7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for YOU that I go away: FOR IF I GO NOT AWAY, THE COMFORTER WILL NOT COME UNTO YOU; but if I depart, I will send him unto U
YOU.
who is the YOU in the above verse. ofcourse the disciples
Re: Muhammad cannot be the Comforter by deSika(m): 7:53pm On Apr 12, 2013
Stalwert:

and of course thats the whole essence of the comforter to teach them.
john 16:12 i have yet so many things to say unto you. but ye canot bear them NOW.
keyword: Now
there is no where in the verse that states they canot bear wat the comforter wud tell them(Future) rather its wat Jesus was GOING to tell them(future),[not had told them(past)] that they cud not bear
Re: Muhammad cannot be the Comforter by deSika(m): 8:05pm On Apr 12, 2013
Stalwert:

maybe you forgot what you wrote ( funny you ask the same question twice) no need stating your intention over and over agin, you alrady said that before, to the effect that we thought you had fled the scene seeing your points have been debunked:

which i simply pointed out to you;

in essence point 5 is debunked thoroughly. what is really happening here baffles me, either you do not know the point you wrote earlier in you op or you are simply wanting to babble to eternity! grin grin grin grin
point 5 is not debunked and am not here to babble.
the truth is that u r trying to infer from the passage. but ur inference is wrong. this is ur point
Jesus spoke of a future action that is spirit coming to them yet the spirit is already with them.
the truth is that before this time the spirit did not dwell IN permanently them. so the future action is oncourse. as in the future the spirit will indwell them permanently and do somany other things
Re: Muhammad cannot be the Comforter by deSika(m): 8:12pm On Apr 12, 2013
and finally the Sheikh arrives. Sir i hav long bin expectin yu. wat do u think abt the op.
tbaba1234: I think it is time to ignore this desika and his questions... He is not here for truth... Some of the questions are just incredibly silly, to be honest. I think, this is truthman using another user name.
is this wat uv got to say abt d op. am a little bit disapointed

#nah am not truthman and pls dont ignore me. the best u cud do is correct my silly/incorrect questions.

i ask questions for two reasons
1. to seek clarity and knowledge
2. in answering my questions, u may see why ur doctrine is wrong.

i am deSika(theSeeker). am not here for argument sake.
i seek to reveal the truth about doctrines of men. if u donot agree with me. the best u can do is to tell me why am wrong.

i try not to make offensive statements
Re: Muhammad cannot be the Comforter by deSika(m): 1:14am On Apr 13, 2013
Stalwert:

As indicated earlier not every word stated in the verse are accepted by Muslim, as indicated the bible is distorted severly and there is apple evidence by even Christian scholars that the verse in question have been tampered with! Muhammad is the comforter sent by God, Jesus ios a servant of God.

By myself I can do nothing; I judge only as I hear, and my judgment is just, for I seek not to please myself but him who sent me. John 5:30

How would Jesus who sent start getting people sent in his name?

To muslims it is clear that the Jesus would not put himself above his God nor equal to him
i wil be creating athread on ds bible corruption issue soonest.
but again ddnt u no that the bible was corupted when u were reading to know about a prophesied Mohamed in dat corrupted book.

food for thought# if a corrupted book talks about Mohamed, y should i belive any of its corupted stories including the ones about Mohamed{if a book full of lies talks about Mohamed, does dat not mean that this talk about Mohamed is one of its many lies}
Re: Muhammad cannot be the Comforter by deSika(m): 1:44am On Apr 13, 2013
Stalwert:

no response to this right? grin grin grin grin

Keep avoiding the issues it is getting funnier than I thought yes Jesus said I and My father are I in what context? in purpose but trust Christians and their selective reading:

25Jesus answered, “I did tell you, but you do not believe. The works I do in my Father’s name testify about me, 26but you do not believe because you are not my sheep. 27My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. 28I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. 29My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all c ; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand. 30I and the Father are one.”

in essence I and my father are one in purpose

lets read further;

Again his Jewish opponents picked up stones to stone him, 32but Jesus said to them, “I have shown you many good works from the Father. For which of these do you stone me?”

33“We are not stoning you for any good work,” they replied, “but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God.”

34Jesus answered them, “Is it not written in your Law, ‘I have said you are “gods” ’ d ? 35If he called them ‘gods,’ to whom the word of God came—and Scripture cannot be set aside— 36what about the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world? Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said, ‘I am God’s Son’?

Why did Jesus do all the above explaining!
bro are we still talking about the person of the comforter here.
pls lets not derail the topic. we can start a thread on what Jesus said about himself in relation to God. for now i think iv made some progress with u
that is
my purpose has bin achieved.(i hv bin able to show that the prophet Mohamed is not the comforter) and u hv agreed wt me here

6. Muhammad pbuh was not send in Jesus name that is clear
and here

No Muhammad wasn't sent to the disciples

if the above statements of urs are true, then Mohamed does nnot fit into that verse for the simple reason that the comforter is sent in Jesus name and was sent to Jesus disciples as CLEARLY shown in the verses.

i no how difficult it is to accept this.after somany yrs of beliving otherwise.. but dats what it is THE TRUTH.(dat Mohammed is not the promised comforter)

the truth has come to u. u better receive it pls dnt ignore it.
Re: Muhammad cannot be the Comforter by deSika(m): 3:02am On Apr 13, 2013
so we see from Johns gospel wat Jesus is telling his disciples as he is about to leave them. he knew they wud be lonely without him.they wud definitly scatter and go their ways after his departure becos they would have felt betrayed since they believed Jesus was their messiah who has come to deliver them from their oppresors. but now was leaving them just like that.
but Jesus had to leave them. it was part of his mission
so Jesus says unto them. Am leaving yu guys just like that o.common am not that heartless. see am sending u another person who will comfort u just as i have always done with u. someone to accompany u just as i hav always done. someone to teach u just......so u get it.
one important factor in this story is this. JESUS WAS TALKING TO HIS DISCIPLES. yeah, Peter, John and the rest so its only logical that this comforter must come to these guys.

secondly this comforter had attributes wch we cud use to identify him. amongs which are
1. the world cannot see him
2. he will dwell IN the disciples
3. he will abide with u FOREVER

now if the world cannot see him it means he is not physical. for mens eyes have the capability of seeing physical objects. wat cud live in people except non physical beings. and of course humans die only spirits dont.
so apart from the fact that the verse clearly stating the holyspirit we can see from the attributes of this promised personality that he must be a spiritual entity even if we try to ignore the holyspirit clearly spelt out.

but i here u say, the reason why it cant be the spirit is becos the spirit has already bin around and cannot be said to come in a future action.

yes u r correct, the holyspirit has always bin around. but we must read with understanding and not inference for the simple reason that u cud infer wrongly. so lets go to the verse again

John 14:16 says And I will pray the father, and he shall give you another comforter, THAT HE MAY ABIDE WITH YOU FOREVER;
ABIDE means to stay with you.
and again we see here
verse 17 Even the spirit of truth whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him. but ye know him; for dwelleth with you, and SHALL BE IN YOU.
The verses tell us that the holy spirit is coming to stay with them permanently and this staying is INSIDE OF THEM. who exactly are we talking about here. ofcourse we are talking about the disciples.

the Holyspirit was not IN the disciples prior to this time. so the future action of the holyspirit coming INTO/INSIDE them is on point.(except u cn show me a permanent indwelling of the holyspirt on these disciples before this time)

now did the holyspirit actually come on them later on. yes lets go to Acts 2.
verse 4 says and they were all filled with the Holyghost...
so there was a promised comforter who is a spirit and there was the actual coming of the promised comforter.

#thanks for ur time. hoping to have more enlightenig discusions with u all in the near future.
remeber, accept the truth when it is shown to u

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Are Muslims Permitted To Lie? / Is Surrogacy Allowed In Islam / Tyrannical Wahhabi Saudi Regime Shot And Arrested Dissident Ayatollah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.