Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,282 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:20 AM

Muhammad cannot be the Comforter - Islam for Muslims (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Muhammad cannot be the Comforter (6854 Views)

Who Is The Comforter Jesus Promised / Mohammed Is Not The Comforter / Why Do Muslims Think That The Comforter Jesus Christ Promised Is Muhammad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muhammad cannot be the Comforter by deSika(m): 11:42pm On May 08, 2013
Re: Muhammad cannot be the Comforter by deSika(m): 11:45pm On May 08, 2013
talk2me006: MR DESIKA STOP DECEIVING YOUR SELF! A TRUTH WILL ALWAYS A TRUTH NO MATTER YOU WANT TO MANIPULATE IT.

AFTER PAUL CONFIRM BARNABAS TO YOU! YOU STILL HAVE GUT TO DISOWN BARNABAS JUST BECOS HE DIDNT SUPPORT YOUR DECEPTIVE BELIEF.

READ AGAIN:

P[b]aul describing Barnabas as:

" . . . . Barnabas, touching whom ye received commandments (commandments of Jesus); if he comes unto you, receive him." (Colossians 4:10)[/b]

IF U DIDNT BELIEVE PAUL IN THE ABOVE VERSE WHY DID YOU NOW BELIEVE IN MANY VERSES OF PAUL ON JESUS IN YOUR BIBLE.

I JUST WANT U TO KNOIW THAT YOUR YANSH HAS BEEN EXPOSED HERE TOO.

THANK ALLAH ! YOU DONT HAVE POWER TO HIDE THE POST OF THOSE PEOPLE THAT EXPOSE YOUR YANSH IN THIS FORUM.

WITH THE ABOVE POINT, I WILL LIKE YOU TO NOTIFY ME ANY ANYTIME YOU OPEN ANOTHER THREAD FOR YOUR NEW TOPIC ABOUT ISLAM.BECAUSE I ALWAYS LOVE TO SEE THE WAY PEOPLE OPEN YOUR YANSH. grin

THANKS BROS!
guy u dont seem intelligent and worthy enough to engage in a discussion with. u need to learn one or two things from Vedaxcool even if he runs away after some time and Lanrexlan. you need to learn how to respond to questions people ask u. did u see how i highlighted your points and answered them. thats wat i expect you to do. Vedaxcool does that thats why i say yu shud learn from him
#u dont seem to be able to think for yourself.. you heavily depend on islamic sites.

#go back highlight my points and respond. am not your normal debater on nnairaland who calls other people names. I ENGAGE IN MEANINGFUL DISCUSSIONS

#BY the way na only one person they answer Barnabas for the whole of Isreal. what makes you think that the author of that book is the barnabas Paul was talking about.

#did Muhammad come to the disciples Jesus was promising a comforter.
Re: Muhammad cannot be the Comforter by talk2me006(m): 9:52am On May 09, 2013
deSika:
guy u dont seem intelligent and worthy enough to engage in a discussion with. u need to learn one or two things from Vedaxcool even if he runs away after some time and Lanrexlan. you need to learn how to respond to questions people ask u. did u see how i highlighted your points and answered them. thats wat i expect you to do. Vedaxcool does that thats why i say yu shud learn from him
#u dont seem to be able to think for yourself.. you heavily depend on islamic sites.

#go back highlight my points and respond. am not your normal debater on nnairaland who calls other people names. I ENGAGE IN MEANINGFUL DISCUSSIONS

#BY the way na only one person they answer Barnabas for the whole of Isreal. what makes you think that the author of that book is the barnabas Paul was talking about.

#did Muhammad come to the disciples Jesus was promising a comforter.

all what reply to u has summarise all your points

bros ! is like u want to get angry now.
a truth will always a truth.

once again!

WITH THE ABOVE POINT, I WILL LIKE YOU TO NOTIFY ME ANY ANYTIME YOU OPEN ANOTHER THREAD FOR YOUR NEW TOPIC ABOUT ISLAM.BECAUSE I ALWAYS LOVE TO SEE THE WAY PEOPLE OPEN YOUR YANSH.

1 Like

Re: Muhammad cannot be the Comforter by deSika(m): 11:17am On May 09, 2013
talk2me006:

all what reply to u has summarise all your points

bros ! is like u want to get angry now.
a truth will always a truth.

once again!

WITH THE ABOVE POINT, I WILL LIKE YOU TO NOTIFY ME ANY ANYTIME YOU OPEN ANOTHER THREAD FOR YOUR NEW TOPIC ABOUT ISLAM.BECAUSE I ALWAYS LOVE TO SEE THE WAY PEOPLE OPEN YOUR YANSH.
u hv got a long way to go. u cant even respond to my points SMH
Re: Muhammad cannot be the Comforter by talk2me006(m): 4:16am On May 11, 2013
deSika: u hv got a long way to go. u cant even respond to my points SMH
I HAVE SPOKEN AND THE SAYS HAV BEEN SAID ALREADY.GO BAK AND READ THEM ALLOVER. shocked OR PRAY THAT ALLAH SHOULD OPEN YOUR HEART FOR THE TRUTH.
grin
Re: Muhammad cannot be the Comforter by deSika(m): 10:27am On May 11, 2013
talk2me006:
I HAVE SPOKEN AND THE SAYS HAV BEEN SAID ALREADY.GO BAK AND READ THEM ALLOVER. shocked OR PRAY THAT ALLAH SHOULD OPEN YOUR HEART FOR THE TRUTH.
grin
if someone tell you that youve got a huge problem u will not agree.

i asked a question. Jesus was talking to his disciples about a comforter coming to them because he Jesus is leaving them.

Now did Muhammad come to those disciples after Jesus left them.

you cant answer because in answering you see your folly.

my dear i have done my job to throw more light on this issue i no how difficult it is to see that you guys have missed it. but its left for you to remain inn your deception.

you are clearly on your own o. i dont think you even understand english so i wud just live you to your folly
Re: Muhammad cannot be the Comforter by talk2me006(m): 11:31am On May 11, 2013
deSika:

i asked a question. Jesus was talking to his disciples about a comforter coming to them because he Jesus is leaving them.

Now did Muhammad come to those disciples after Jesus left them.

you cant answer because in answering you see your folly.

my dear i have done my job to throw more light on this issue i no how difficult it is to see that you guys have missed it. but its left for you to remain inn your deception.

you are clearly on your own o. i dont think you even understand english so i wud just live you to your folly

oga! how did i get a huge problem?
Is it because i didnt subcribe your point of belief in confused gods(trinity) or on your belief that prophet muhammad is not a last prophet.

read here: 'Muhammad is not the father of any man among you, but he is the messenger of Allah and the Seal of the Prophets; and Allah is ever Aware of all things. quran 33:40

now, let me tell you, now matter how you twisted the preaching of prophet muhammad forcast by jesus (pbuh), the fact still remain that MUHAMMAD IS THE LAST PROPHET AND YOU MUST BELIEVE IN HIS MESSAGE OF ISLAM FOR YOU INHERIT THE PARADISE.

i asked a question. Jesus was talking to his disciples about a comforter coming to them because he Jesus is leaving them. Now did Muhammad come to those disciples after Jesus left them.

SO you mean, we should assumed that all the teaching of jesus to deciples are only to apply within the disciple location not even NIGERIA AND ALL OTHER PLACES APART FROM ISRAEL.THEN WHY ARE U PREACHING CHRISTIAN BELIEF IN NIGERIA.

JESUS WAS TELLING DECIPLES ABOUT THE COMING OF MUHAMMAD BECAUSE HE BELIEVE DECIPLE CAN SPREAD THE NEWS TO OTHER PEOPLE.

INFACT I EVEN SHOW YOU MANY VERSES FROM GOSPEL OF BARNABAS SHOWING COMING OF PROPHET MUHAMMAD AND U DIDNT BELIEVE IN GOSPEL OF BARNABAS.WAT ELSE DO YOU WANT ME TO SAY.NOW I JUST SHOW U QURANIC VERSES THAT CONFIRM MY BELIEF.

you cant answer because in answering you see your folly

HOW WILL I CONTINUE TO REPEAT MY ANSWERS TO YOUR QUESTION SEVERAL TIMES AFTER MY ANSWERS HAS SUMMARIZE ALL YOUR POINTS. shocked

HOW DID YOU THROWN MORE LIGHT , SHOW ME HOW ? IT IS BETTER FOR YOU TO REMAIN IN YOUR OWN DECEPTION AND STOP GETTING ANGRY IF SOMEONE DOES NOT SUBCRIBE TO YOUR OWN POINT OF VIEW.

ENGLISH IS NOT MY FATHER LANGUAGE.MUHAMMAD (PBUH) AND JESUS DO NOT UNDERSTAND ENGLISH.
YOU THAT UNDERSTAND IT VERY WELL HAVE NOT YET GURANTEED OF PARADISE.YOU ARE STILL IN ILLUSION. grin

thanks bros!
Re: Muhammad cannot be the Comforter by deSika(m): 12:14pm On May 11, 2013
talk2me006:

oga! how did i get a huge problem?
Is it because i didnt subcribe your point of belief in confused gods(trinity) or on your belief that prophet muhammad is not a last prophet.

read here: 'Muhammad is not the father of any man among you, but he is the messenger of Allah and the Seal of the Prophets; and Allah is ever Aware of all things. quran 33:40

now, let me tell you, now matter how you twisted the preaching of prophet muhammad forcast by jesus (pbuh), the fact still remain that MUHAMMAD IS THE LAST PROPHET AND YOU MUST BELIEVE IN HIS MESSAGE OF ISLAM FOR YOU INHERIT THE PARADISE.

SO you mean, we should assumed that all the teaching of jesus to deciples are only to apply within the disciple location not even NIGERIA AND ALL OTHER PLACES APART FROM ISRAEL.THEN WHY ARE U PREACHING CHRISTIAN BELIEF IN NIGERIA.

JESUS WAS TELLING DECIPLES ABOUT THE COMING OF MUHAMMAD BECAUSE HE BELIEVE DECIPLE CAN SPREAD THE NEWS TO OTHER PEOPLE.

INFACT I EVEN SHOW YOU MANY VERSES FROM GOSPEL OF BARNABAS SHOWING COMING OF PROPHET MUHAMMAD AND U DIDNT BELIEVE IN GOSPEL OF BARNABAS.WAT ELSE DO YOU WANT ME TO SAY.NOW I JUST SHOW U QURANIC VERSES THAT CONFIRM MY BELIEF.

HOW WILL I CONTINUE TO REPEAT MY ANSWERS TO YOUR QUESTION SEVERAL TIMES AFTER MY ANSWERS HAS SUMMARIZE ALL YOUR POINTS. shocked

HOW DID YOU THROWN MORE LIGHT , SHOW ME HOW ? IT IS BETTER FOR YOU TO REMAIN IN YOUR OWN DECEPTION AND STOP GETTING ANGRY IF SOMEONE DOES NOT SUBCRIBE TO YOUR OWN POINT OF VIEW.

ENGLISH IS NOT MY FATHER LANGUAGE.MUHAMMAD (PBUH) AND JESUS DO NOT UNDERSTAND ENGLISH.
YOU THAT UNDERSTAND IT VERY WELL HAVE NOT YET GURANTEED OF PARADISE.YOU ARE STILL IN ILLUSION. grin

thanks bros!

now you are coming up. atleast i am making some progress with you. this is how you are supposed to respond

you know that i dont run to the quran for any instruction. in the same way i dont run to the book of barnabas for any instruction as they dont have any authority on christians

whereas you attempte: to answer the question you actually dodged it and started saying so i mean that all the Teachings of Jesus should only apply to their location.

i didnt say the above
the question is did Jesus talk to particular set off people
answer= yes
was he with this particular set off people
answer: yes
was he about to leave these set off people
did he promise them a comforter to come to them in particular
did Mohamed come to these set of people in particular
answer=no

again you say
now is jesus disciple restricted to a particular place
the i ask you
the people that Mohamed appeared to were they disciples of Jesus
answer: no [he appeared/came to pagan arabs actually]
so wat are we saying
Mohamed did not come to those particular disciples he also did not come to other disciples else where. do you see it now.

words to ponder on: Jesus says it is expedient that i leave you for if i dont leave you this comforter wont come to you.[who is YOU]
ANSWER= disciples of christ not just anybody. you must be a disciple of christ before the comforter comes to you.

who are the disciples of christ
1. the particular people who accepted Jesus teaching and followed him when he was on earth.
2.the disciples who came after those particular set of disciple who followed Jesus when he was on earth

final word: Jesus comforter must need start with his first disciples. these were the exact people who experienced his departure from them

¤~deSika .showing truth in a commonsense way
Shalom
Re: Muhammad cannot be the Comforter by deSika(m): 12:31pm On May 11, 2013
now i wud advise you to settle down and go over the op

JESUS WAS TELLING DECIPLES ABOUT THE COMING OF MUHAMMAD BECAUSE HE BELIEVE DECIPLE CAN SPREAD THE NEWS TO OTHER PEOPLE
wrong bro
Jesus was about to leave his disciples. they had hopes on that Jesus was the leader theyve been waiting for. Now dis leader is about to leave unexpectedly. they would be discouraged and give up hope on Jesus. they would not be able to talk about Jesus now that he would be gone. Jesus seeing this tells them that hey guys dont worry someone to strenthen you will come to YOU. as you had your hopes on me you will have hopes in him and as such will never be ashamed or anxiuos or afraid to have been associated with me. you will depend on him for insight just as you depend on me.

if this comforter did not come to these disciples whom Jesus was leaving. who were going to feel the loneliness as a result of Jesus departure. then Jesus must be a false prophet. how else do i explain it for you.

the comforter applies to the first disciple as well as it applies to present day disciples.

#my friend its not about what i subsribe to. but about understanding what the text really says. if Muhammad is the comforter then he must need do and be all that the comforter was supposed to do according to the texts

Shalom
Re: Muhammad cannot be the Comforter by talk2me006(m): 1:30pm On May 11, 2013
deSika:
now you are coming up. atleast i am making some progress with you. this is how you are supposed to respond

you know that i dont run to the quran for any instruction. in the same way i dont run to the book of barnabas for any instruction as they dont have any authority on christians

whereas you attempte: to answer the question you actually dodged it and started saying so i mean that all the Teachings of Jesus should only apply to their location.

i didnt say the above
the question is did Jesus talk to particular set off people
answer= yes
was he with this particular set off people
was he about to leave these set off people
did he promise them a comforter to come to them in particular
did Mohamed come to these set of people in particular
answer=no

again you say
now is jesus disciple restricted to a particular place
the i ask you
the people that Mohamed appeared to were they disciples of Jesus
answer: no [he appeared/came to pagan arabs actually]
so wat are we saying
Mohamed did not come to those particular disciples he also did not come to other disciples else where. do you see it now.

words to ponder on: Jesus says it is expedient that i leave you for if i dont leave you this comforter wont come to you.[who is YOU]
ANSWER= disciples of christ not just anybody. you must be a disciple of christ before the comforter comes to you.

who are the disciples of christ
1. the particular people who accepted Jesus teaching and followed him when he was on earth.
2.the disciples who came after those particular set of disciple who followed Jesus when he was on earth

final word: Jesus comforter must need start with his first disciples. these were the exact people who experienced his departure from them

¤~deSika .showing truth in a commonsense way
Shalom

having gone through your posts, i can see u didnt put any references either from quran or bible.so i will say it as invalid because you only explain them according to your own subjective mind.
bros! if you see my post very well you will see i quoted from quran saying: ead here:
'Muhammad is not the father of any man among you, but he is the messenger of Allah and the Seal of the Prophets; and Allah is ever Aware of all things. quran 33:40.
the question is that did u believe in the verse above?

secondly see my proof from gospel of barnabas below:

===> Gospel of Barnabas:

---> Then God gave his soul to man, while all the holy angels sang: "Blessed be your holy name, O God our Lord." Adam, having sprung upon his feet, saw in the air a writing that shone like the sun, which said: "There is only one God, and Muhammad is the Messenger of God."

Where upon Adam opened his mouth and said: "I thank you, O Lord my God, that you have deigned to create me; but tell me. I pray you, what means the message of these words: "Muhammad is Messenger of God. Have there been other men before me?" (Barnabas 39:3)

Then said God: "Be you welcome, O my servant Adam. I tell you that you are the first man whom I have created. And he whom you have seen [mentioned] is your son, who shall come into the world many years hence, and shall be my Messenger, for whom I have created all things; who shall give light to the world when he shall come; whose soul was set in a celestial splendour; sixty thousand years before I made any thing." (Barnabas 39:4)

Adam besought God, saying: "Lord, grant me this writing upon the nails of the fingers of my hands." Then God gave to the first man upon his thumbs that writing; upon the thumb-nail of the right hand it said: "There is only one God;" and upon the thumb-nail of the left it said: "Muhammad is Messenger of God." Then with fatherly affection the first man kissed those words, and rubbed his eyes, and said: "Blessed be that day when you shall come to the world." (Barnabas 39:5)

---> God hid himself [from Adam and Eve], and the angel Michael drove them forth from paradise. Then, Adam, turning around, saw written above the gate, There is only one God, and Muhammad is Messenger of God. Weeping, he said: 'May it be pleasing to God, O my son, that you come quickly and draw us out of misery.'

And thus," said Jesus, "Satan and Adam sinned through pride, the one by despising man, the other by wishing to make himself equal with God." (Barnabas 41:14-15)

---> O blessed time, when he shall come to the world! Believe me that I have seen him and have done him reverence, even as every prophet has seen him: seeing that of his spirit God gives to them prophecy. And when I saw him my soul was filled with consolation, saying: "O Muhammad; God be with you, and may he make me worthy to untie, your shoelatchet;, for obtaining this I shall be a great prophet and holy one of God."

And having said this, Jesus rendered his thanks to God. (Barnabas 44:6-7)

---> Jesus answered: "The name of the Messiah is admirable, for God himself gave him the name when he had created his soul, and placed it in a celestial splendour. God said: 'Wait Mohammed; for thy sake I will to create paradise, the world, and a great multitude of creatures, whereof I make thee a present, i[b]n so much that who so bless thee shall be blessed, and whoso shall curse thee shall be accursed. When I shall send thee into the world I shall send thee as my messenger of salvation, and thy word shall be true, insomuch that heaven and earth shall fail, but thy faith shall never fail.' Mohammed is his blessed name.[/b]" Then the crowd lifted up their voices, saying: "O God, send us thy messenger: O Admirable One, come quickly for the salvation of the world!" (Barnabas 97:9-10)

---> "....Know, O Barnabas, that for this I must have great persecution, and shall be sold by one of my disciples for thirty pieces of money. Whereupon I am sure that he who shall sell me shall be slain in my name, for that God shall take me up from the earth, and shall change the appearance of the traitor so that every one shall believe him to be me; nevertheless, when he dies an evil death, I shall abide in that dishonour for a long time in the world. But when Muhammad shall come, the sacred Messenger of God, that infamy shall be taken away. And this shall God do because I have confessed the truth of the Messiah who shall give me this reward, that I shall be known to be alive and to be a stranger to that death of infamy." (Barnabas 112:4)

---> The disciples answered, "O Master, who shall that man be of whom you speak, who shall come into the world?"

Jesus answered with joy of heart: 'He is Muhammad; Messenger of God, and when he comes into the world, even as the rain makes the earth to bear fruit when for a long time it has not rained, even so shall he be occasion of good works among men, through the abundant mercy which he shall bring. For he is a white cloud full of the mercy of God, which mercy God shall sprinkle upon the faithful like rain.' (Barnabas 163:3-4)

---> Jesus answered: 'Believe me, Barnabas, that every sin, however small it be, God punishes with great punishment, seeing that God is offended at sin. Wherefore, since my mother and my faithful disciples that were with me loved me a little with earthly love, the righteous God has willed to punish this love with the present grief, in order that it may not be punished in the flames of hell. And though I have been innocent in the world, since men have called me "God," and "Son of God," God, in order that I be not mocked of the demons on the day of judgment, has willed that I be mocked of men in this world by the death of Judas;, making all men to believe that I died upon the cross. And this mocking shall continue until the advent of Muhammad;, the Messenger of God, who, when he shall come, shall reveal this deception to those who believe in God's Law.

now the second question is WHY U DIDNT BELIEVE IN BARNABAS. IS IT BECOS HE DID NOT SUPPORT YOUR BELIEF OR WAT?
Re: Muhammad cannot be the Comforter by deSika(m): 2:26pm On May 11, 2013
you talktoome shud understand the following
1. book of barnabas is a fraud for many reasons but i will just tell you one. aand you should not trust it.
¤Muhammad says that Jesus is the messiah yet book of Barnabas says Muhammad is the Messiah

2. i dont believe the book of barnabas because i dont believe any book just like that. i dont believe the book of mormons. i dont believe the books of budha, i dont believe the books of satanists, i dont beleive in book of barnabas as it is not a christian book.

3. if the bible which i hold as authority tells me that Jesus says i shud expet one Muhammad then i wud be going with you. but as it is you are bringing a book that is equivalent to the book of satanists to me and ofcos as i have explained above they are not binding on me.
Re: Muhammad cannot be the Comforter by talk2me006(m): 6:26pm On May 11, 2013
deSika: you talktoome shud understand the following
1. book of barnabas is a fraud for many reasons but i will just tell you one. aand you should not trust it.
¤Muhammad says that Jesus is the messiah yet book of Barnabas says Muhammad is the Messiah

2. i dont believe the book of barnabas because i dont believe any book just like that. i dont believe the book of mormons. i dont believe the books of budha, i dont believe the books of satanists, i dont beleive in book of barnabas as it is not a christian book.

3. if the bible which i hold as authority tells me that Jesus says i shud expet one Muhammad then i wud be going with you. but as it is you are bringing a book that is equivalent to the book of satanists to me and ofcos as i have explained above they are not binding on me.

you talktoome shud understand the following

thanks for that! at least u call my name for the first time! grin

Muhammad says that Jesus is the messiah [/b]yet book of Barnabas says Muhammad is the Messiah

pls can u tell me where muhammad says that?

then, if barnabas say jesus is the lord( as you christian believe) will u not believe in barnabas?

i dont believe the book of barnabas because i dont believe any book just like that. i dont believe the book of mormons. i dont believe the books of budha, i dont believe the books of satanists, i dont beleive in book of barnabas as it is not a christian book.

but what of paul that believe in barnabas;
read here:
[b]
Paul describing Barnabas as:

" . . . . Barnabas, touching whom ye received commandments (commandments of Jesus); if he comes unto you, receive him." (Colossians 4:10)

bros! that mean paul is not a gud christian for believing in barnabas.for this reason you should not believe in paul also tongue

if the bible which i hold as authority tells me that Jesus says i shud expet one Muhammad then i wud be going with you. but as it is you are bringing a book that is equivalent to the book of satanists to me and ofcos as i have explained above they are not binding on me.

bros na lie! even if jesus tell u that face to face you will not believe. this is beacause thre still many things that jesus preaches that you dont follow.

thanks.........
Re: Muhammad cannot be the Comforter by deSika(m): 8:04pm On May 11, 2013
talk2me006:

thanks for that! at least u call my name for the first time! grin

funny dude

talk2me006:
pls can u tell me where muhammad says that?
you want me to school you on your religion. i will gladly do just that
[3:46] When the angels said, 'O Mary, God gives thee glad tidings of a son through a Word from Him; his name shall be the MESSIAH , Jesus, son of Mary, honoured in this world and in the next, and of those who are granted nearness to God;
[5:76] The MESSIAH, son of Mary, was only a Messenger; surely Messengers like unto him had passed away before him. And his mother was a truthful woman. They both used to eat food. See how We explain the Signs for their good, and see how they are turned away.

[9:31] They have taken their priest and their monks for lords besides Allah. And so have they taken the MESSIAH, son of Mary. And they were not commanded but to worship the One God. There is no God but He. Holy is He far above what they associate with Him!

so my dear, that book cannot be trusted as it misses out on this important issue of who the messiah is

talk2me006:
then, if barnabas say jesus is the lord( as you christian believe) will u not believe in barnabas?
even the devil knows Jesus is lord

talk2me006:
but what of paul that believe in barnabas;
read here:

Paul describing Barnabas as:

" . . . . Barnabas, touching whom ye received commandments (commandments of Jesus); if he comes unto you, receive him." (Colossians 4:10)

bros! that mean paul is not a gud christian for believing in barnabas.for this reason you should not believe in paul also tongue

i ask you again. na only one person dey answer baranabas. how can show that this barnabas is the one Paul is talking about. the baranabas of the bible was an assistant of Paul. they went to places together to preach. there is no way the real Barnabas would say something opposite what Paul says. if they had opposing views of Jesus there is no way they wud go together to preach one message

bros na lie! even if jesus tell u that face to face you will not believe. this is beacause thre still many things that jesus preaches that you dont follow.
hehehe Jesus no go fit talk two opposing things na. after he has said "no one cometh to the father EXCEPT BY ME he will now turn around and say we should follow another prophet. not the Jesus i know

thanks
Re: Muhammad cannot be the Comforter by lanrexlan(m): 8:50pm On May 11, 2013
We muslims believed jesus(pbuh) was the messiah,no doubt about that.Let's forget about barnabas or his gospel,christians claims they don't believe him to be 100%.Let's face the scripture they believed to 100% GOD's word.In Chapter 1, verse 19 of the Gospel of John,
some Jewish priests quizzed John, the Baptist, about three people
they were informed about in their scriptures.They asked him: “Who
are you?” John confessed - he did not deny, but confessed -“I’m
not the Christ.” They asked him, “Then who are you? Are you
Elijah?” John said, “I’m not.” “Are you the Prophet?” John answered,
“No.” [John 1: 19-21] So they then asked him further: “Why do you
baptize if you aren’t the Christ, nor Elijah,nor the Prophet?” [John 1:
25]The priests were expecting three people as prophesied by their
books, so they asked about Christ, Elijah and ‘the Prophet’. So who
is ‘the Prophet’ they are referring to here?This cannot be a reference
to Jesus because he is the Christ.‘The prophet’ must certainly be
someone else. In cross referencing the Bible,we find that the
words ‘the Prophet’ which occurs in John 1: 25 refer to the prophecy
of Deuteronomy 18: 18 in the Old Testament, which also mentions a
forthcoming Prophet. According to Deuteronomy 18: 18, God
speaks to Prophet Moses and tells him that He, (God) will raise up a
new Prophet who has certain clearly defined characteristicsakin to
Moses:
“I will raise up for them a Prophet like you from among their
brethren, and will put My words in His mouth, and He shall speak to
them all that I command Him. And it shall be that whoever will not
hear My words, which He speaks in My name, I will require it of
him”. (Deut.: 18: 18-19),Prophecy referring to the last and final messenger muhammed(pbuh)
Re: Muhammad cannot be the Comforter by deSika(m): 9:36pm On May 11, 2013
@ lanrexlan
if they were expecting a prophet from outside country do you ask yourself why they wud be asking their fellow jews whether they were that prophet.

2. permit me to ask u dis question i have been asking Vedaxcool.
is Mohammed similar to Jesus as in Johns gospel or not similar to him as in Deutronomy

3. among thy brethren would mean among your brothers. which means among yourselves. but even if one were to follow your logic the brothers of Isreal (Jacob) would be Esau and not Ishmael. Ishmael would be the brethren of Isaac. that means distant relations to Isreal

4. in addition to above. pls compare the following.

Deuteronomy 17:15 King James Version (KJV)
Thou shalt in any wise set him king over thee, whom the LORD thy God shall choose: one , from among thy brethren , shalt thou set king over thee: thou mayest not set a stranger over thee, which is not thy brother. <<

Deuteronomy 18:18 King James Version (KJV)
I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren , like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him.

so tell me the king from among thy brethren is he supposed to come from outside Isreal
Re: Muhammad cannot be the Comforter by lanrexlan(m): 10:39pm On May 11, 2013
deSika: @ lanrexlan
if they were expecting a prophet from outside country do you ask yourself why they wud be asking their fellow jews whether they were that prophet.

2. permit me to ask u dis question i have been asking Vedaxcool.

3. among thy brethren would mean among your brothers. which means among yourselves. but even if one were to follow your logic the brothers of Isreal (Jacob) would be Esau and not Ishmael. Ishmael would be the brethren of Isaac. that means distant relations to Isreal

Thou shalt in any wise set him king over thee, whom the LORD thy God shall choose: one , from among thy brethren , shalt thou set king over thee: thou mayest not set a stranger over thee, which is not thy brother. <<

I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren , like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him.

so tell me the king from among thy brethren is he supposed to come from outside Isreal
Brother,that's one thing I love about you,you don't beat around the bush like alexis and mintayo,you address the question directly.To your questions,in the gospel of john,the comforter is like jesus(pbuh) in the sense that,jesus(pbuh) preached and believed in the oneness of God,so does the comforter(muhammed(pbuh).Prophet muhammed(pbuh) said in an authentic hadith that; I am the closest to the jesus(pbuh),the son of mary prophets are brothers,their mothers are different but their message is the same.To that deuteronomy,brother God was talking to moses(pbuh) not jesus(pbuh).God promised to raised a prophet like unto moses(pbuh).In this prophecy,God was telling Moses that he would raise a
Prophet like him,who would be from ‘among their brethren’.Since
these verses were directed to Moses and the Jewish People the
‘brethren’ mentioned here are the brethren of the Jewish people.
Now Abraham(pbuh),the forefather of the Jewish nation had two sons,Ishmael and Isaac (Genesis 21).The children of Isaac are the cousins
of the children of Ishmael.The children of Isaac are the Jews and the
children of Ishmael are the Arabs.‘Brethren’ in the language of the
Old Testament can refer to the Jews themselves(Numbers 32: 6)or
to the ancestral cousins of the Jews such as the Arabs, Edomites and
others.(see Deuteronomy 2: 4-8 for usage of the word ‘brethren’).
So the Arabs are considered the brethren of the Jews -Muhammad
(Arab) and Moses (Jew).In addition to this,the
verse informs us that the Prophet will have the characteristic of
being someone who is ‘like’ Moses. Jesus was very different to
Moses,but what about Muhammad (pbuh)?Moses and Muhammad have fathers and mothers;Both of them
went into
Exile–Moses to the land of Median and Muhammad to Yathrib (now
Medina);
Both worked as shepherds for their employers;Both were married
and had children;Both were given laws and Both of them
died and were buried....Peace
Re: Muhammad cannot be the Comforter by deSika(m): 3:06am On May 12, 2013
lanrexlan: Brother,that's one thing I love about you,you don't beat around the bush like alexis and mintayo,you address the question directly.

thanks for the compliment
lanrexlan:
To your questions,in the gospel of john,the comforter is like jesus(pbuh) in the sense that,jesus(pbuh) preached and believed in the oneness of God,so does the comforter(muhammed(pbuh).Prophet muhammed(pbuh) said in an authentic hadith that; I am the closest to the jesus(pbuh),the son of mary prophets are brothers,their mothers are different but their message is the same.
If Jesus and Muhammad are alike enough that Muhammad can be the one
prophesied in John 14:16, then they are similar enough for Jesus to
also fit the qualifications to have been the prophet of Deuteronomy
18. you can’t have it both ways. Its either Muhammad is like Jesus in
John's gospel or he is not like Jesus in Deuteronomy. Which one is it?
lets put ut another way if Mohamed is 'like' Moses and also like Jesu it means that Jesus is also like Moses. this nullifies the Jesus is not like Moses statement.

lanrexlan:
To that deuteronomy,brother God was talking to moses(pbuh) not jesus(pbuh).God promised to raised a prophet like unto moses(pbuh).In this prophecy,God was telling Moses that he would raise a
Prophet like him,who would be from ‘among their brethren’.Since
these verses were directed to Moses and the Jewish People the
Now Abraham(pbuh),the forefather of the Jewish nation had two sons,Ishmael and Isaac (Genesis 21).The children of Isaac are the cousins
Old Testament can refer to the Jews themselves(Numbers 32: 6)or
to the ancestral cousins of the Jews such as the Arabs, Edomites and
others.(see Deuteronomy 2: 4-8 for usage of the word ‘brethren’).
So the Arabs are considered the brethren of the Jews -Muhammad
(Arab) and Moses (Jew).
so i went to deut 2:4 and it states exactly my number 3 point above. that the brethren of Isreal is Esaus descendant and not Ishmealites. and it even makes it clear whom it is referring to. lets read it

Deu 2:4 And command thou the people, saying, Ye [are] to pass through the coast of your brethren the children of Esau, which dwell in Seir; and they shall be afraid of you: take ye good heed unto yourselves therefore:

there is no where in the bible where the Ishmealites are reffered to as brethren of Isreal. if you see it pls let me know

lanrexlan:

In addition to this,the verse informs us that the Prophet will have the characteristic of
being someone who is ‘like’ Moses. Jesus was very different to
Moses,but what about Muhammad (pbuh)?Moses and Muhammad have fathers and mothers;Both of them
went into
Exile–Moses to the land of Median and Muhammad to Yathrib (now
Medina);
Both worked as shepherds for their employers;Both were married
and had children;Both were given laws and Both of them
died and were buried....Peace
i have already dislodged this statement in my above post. if Jesus is like Mohamed and Mohamed is like Moses therefore Jesus is like Moses

1 Like

Re: Muhammad cannot be the Comforter by deSika(m): 3:23am On May 12, 2013
@ lanrexlan
u did not attend to this

deSika:
and this
deSika:

so
1. if they were expecting a prophet from outside Isreal why were they asking fellow isrealites whether they were 'that prophet'

2. what does "from among thy brethren" mean in deut 17:15. is the king from among thy brethren a non isrealite too.

thank you
Re: Muhammad cannot be the Comforter by lanrexlan(m): 7:01am On May 12, 2013
deSika:
thanks for the compliment

If Jesus and Muhammad are alike enough that Muhammad can be the one
prophesied in John 14:16, then they are similar enough for Jesus to
also fit the qualifications to have been the prophet of Deuteronomy
18. you can’t have it both ways. Its either Muhammad is like Jesus in
John's gospel or he is not like Jesus in Deuteronomy. Which one is it?
lets put ut another way if Mohamed is 'like' Moses and also like Jesu it means that Jesus is also like Moses. this nullifies the Jesus is not like Moses statement.

so i went to deut 2:4 and it states exactly my number 3 point above. that the brethren of Isreal is Esaus descendant and not Ishmealites. and it even makes it clear whom it is referring to. lets read it

Deu 2:4 And command thou the people, saying, Ye [are] to pass through the coast of your brethren the children of Esau, which dwell in Seir; and they shall be afraid of you: take ye good heed unto yourselves therefore:

there is no where in the bible where the Ishmealites are reffered to as brethren of Isreal. if you see it pls let me know

i have already dislodged this statement in my above post. if Jesus is like Mohamed and Mohamed is like Moses therefore Jesus is like Moses
Thank you brother,God was making a promise to moses(pbuh) in deuteronomy,jesus(pbuh) made the prophecy about the comforter(muhammed(pbuh)in john's gospel.It's different,if you said jesus(pbuh)is like moses(pbuh),in what way? They were both jews,agreed but they were many jewish prophets after moses(pbuh),so not only jesus(pbuh) was a jewish prophet.If you said the prophecy in deuteronomy was for jesus(pbuh),then all other jewish prophets like john,the baptist(pbuh) fits the prophecy.But God said 'a prophet' like unto moses(pbuh).
According to the Bible,God made a promise to Abraham about his
descendants:I will establish my covenant as an everlasting covenant
between me and you and your descendants after you for the
generations to come, to be your God and the God of your
descendants after you.(Genesis 17: 7)
This covenant was fulfilled,God sent Prophets from the descendants
of Isaac to the Jews(e.g. Solomon, David, Joseph, Jacob,John,the
Baptist,Moses,Joshua,Aaron,Jesus etc.).But the promise that was
made to Abraham was to all of his descendants.So it makes sense
that Prophets would also be sent from the descendants of
Abraham’s other son, Ishmael.In the Old Testament, God singled
out the descendants of Ishmael (the Arabs)for a particular blessing:
“And, as for Ishmael,I have heard you: I will surely bless him;I will
make him fruitful and will greatly increase his numbers.He will be
the father of twelve rulers,and I will make him into a great
nation”[Genesis 17;20]
According to the verse above, God tells Abraham about a ‘Great
Nation’ to come from Ishmael.This is another reason why God
would send Prophet amongst the Arabs.How could God call a
nation great if the inhabitants were to be unbelievers?Their
greatness is defined by their belief and obedience to God.We see
that Muhammad (pbuh)fits into the description of a Prophet from
the descendants of Ishmael;the Prophet who called people back to
the Religion of Abraham(pbuh).Muhammad (pbuh)did,indeed come from
that nation of rulers mentioned in Genesis 17: 20.The book of
Genesis tells us that Abraham left his wife (Hagar) and Ishmael to
settle in ‘Paran’ (Genesis 21: 21),which according to historians is in
Arabia.Ishmael grew up and settled in Arabia and had twelve sons
one of whom was called ‘Kedar’ (Genesis 25: 13).Isaiah 21:13-17
confirms that the descendants of Kedar were in Arabia.It is well
known that Muhammad (pbuh)was a direct descendant of Kedar,hope that clarifies that....Peace
Re: Muhammad cannot be the Comforter by lanrexlan(m): 7:09am On May 12, 2013
so
1. if they were expecting a prophet from outside Isreal why were they asking fellow isrealites whether they were 'that prophet'

2. what does "from among thy brethren" mean in deut 17:15. is the king from among thy brethren a non isrealite too.

thank you
[/quote]I have answered your second question with the other post,To the first one,brother the jews quizzed john,the baptist(pbuh)about those three people,elijah,christ and 'the prophet'.So there's nothing wrong if they asked their fellow people because christ was a jew so was elijah.And they don't know the order by which these three people will arrive,that's why they quizzed john,the baptist(pbuh)about them,hope that answers that....Peace brother.
Re: Muhammad cannot be the Comforter by deSika(m): 11:38am On May 12, 2013
lanrexlan:
To the first one,brother the jews quizzed john,the baptist(pbuh)about those three people,elijah,christ and 'the prophet'.So there's nothing wrong if they asked their fellow people because christ was a jew so was elijah.And they don't know the order by which these three people will arrive,that's why they quizzed john,the baptist(pbuh)about them,hope that answers that....Peace brother.

wrong answer
do u realize that if they were expecting a non jew prophet they would not be asking jews such question.

so this is my point:
the expected prophet was supposed to be a jew. this explains why they asked fellow jews that question.

imagine if the next vc of my school has been slated to come from outside the school. i wud not be asking the professors in my school whu qualify for the post whether they are likely to be the next vc.
Re: Muhammad cannot be the Comforter by deSika(m): 11:56am On May 12, 2013
i dont see where yu answered my 4th question. what does deut 17:15 mean when it says a king from among thy brethren. the same term with a prophet from among thy brethren.

if the prophet is a non jew. then the king also shud be from non jew. as they are exactly the same term "from among thy brethren"

if the king is a jew then the prophet is a jew. the last time i checked. no non jew has been a king in Isreal and if that is the case then no non jew prophet is spoken about here.

i rest my case
Re: Muhammad cannot be the Comforter by deSika(m): 12:11pm On May 12, 2013
my second point
guy yu r trying so hard but its not working.

The deutronomy 18 verse says "like me" and does not say how he will be like him. So lets take the word "like" for what it is.
Is Muhamad like Jesus in anyway. Yes according to you
Is Muhamad like Moses in anyway. Yes according to you.
So therefore you cant say Muhammad is like Moses and Jesus is not like Moses. Since Jesus and Muhammad are alike. [i guess you did not think about this before making this point]

My friend Jesus is like Moses.
Re: Muhammad cannot be the Comforter by lanrexlan(m): 12:49pm On May 12, 2013
deSika: my second point
guy yu r trying so hard but its not working.

The deutronomy 18 verse says "like me" and does not say how he will be like him. So lets take the word "like" for what it is.
Is Muhamad like Jesus in anyway. Yes according to you
Is Muhamad like Moses in anyway. Yes according to you.
So therefore you cant say Muhammad is like Moses and Jesus is not like Moses. Since Jesus and Muhammad are alike. [i guess you did not think about this before making this point]

My friend Jesus is like Moses.
Brother,the only similarity between jesus(pbuh) and moses(pbuh)is that they were both jews,I said that in my post and I have given you many similarities between moses(pbuh)and muhammed(pbuh).And moreover,why can you choose jesus(pbuh)only? He wasn't the only jewish prophet after moses(pbuh),in fact john,the baptist(pbuh) also fits in,he's also like moses(pbuh),in what way? They are both jews,so that analysis of yours is wrong.The prophecy was referring to a single prophet that will be like moses(pbuh),jesus(pbuh) can't fit in without Considering all other jewish prophets,muhammed(pbuh) is the person prophesied.Brother,don't let muddle things up,muhammed(pbuh)was like jesus(pbuh)in the gospel of john,and not deuteronomy...Peace

1 Like

Re: Muhammad cannot be the Comforter by lanrexlan(m): 1:12pm On May 12, 2013
deSika:

wrong answer
do u realize that if they were expecting a non jew prophet they would not be asking jews such question.

so this is my point:
the expected prophet was supposed to be a jew. this explains why they asked fellow jews that question.

imagine if the next vc of my school has been slated to come from outside the school. i wud not be asking the professors in my school whu qualify for the post whether they are likely to be the next vc.

Brother,Allah said in the glorious quran in surah Al-baqarah 2;146-''Those to whom the scriptures(Jews and Christians)recognize him(muhammed(pbuh)as they recognize their sons.But verily a party of them conceal the truth while they know it(qualities of muhammed(pbuh)which are written in injeel and torah).''
So brother,the jews also know about a prophet to come after jesus(pbuh)but they conceal the truth.

For the sake of argument brother,if the jews weren't expecting a prophet,why did they quizzed john,the baptist(pbuh)about it? My question is that if muhammed(pbuh) isn't the prophet prophesied in the gospel of john,then who's that? I'm just curious.....Peace

1 Like

Re: Muhammad cannot be the Comforter by lanrexlan(m): 1:20pm On May 12, 2013
deSika: i dont see where yu answered my 4th question. what does deut 17:15 mean when it says a king from among thy brethren. the same term with a prophet from among thy brethren.

if the prophet is a non jew. then the king also shud be from non jew. as they are exactly the same term "from among thy brethren"

if the king is a jew then the prophet is a jew. the last time i checked. no non jew has been a king in Isreal and if that is the case then no non jew prophet is spoken about here.

i rest my case

I have explained the usage of the word 'brethren' in the old testament,the
Now Abraham, the forefather of the Jewish nation had two sons,
Ishmael and Isaac (Genesis 21).The children of Isaac are the cousins
Old Testament can refer to the Jews themselves (Numbers 32: 6), or
to the ancestral cousins of the Jews such as the Arabs,Edomites and
others.So the 'brethren' in deuteronomy is referring to the ancestral cousins of the jews,the arabs....Peace
Re: Muhammad cannot be the Comforter by deSika(m): 7:27pm On May 12, 2013
lanrexlan: I have explained the usage of the word 'brethren' in the old testament,the
Now Abraham, the forefather of the Jewish nation had two sons,
Ishmael and Isaac (Genesis 21).The children of Isaac are the cousins
Old Testament can refer to the Jews themselves (Numbers 32: 6), or
to the ancestral cousins of the Jews such as the Arabs,Edomites and
others.So the 'brethren' in deuteronomy is referring to the ancestral cousins of the jews,the arabs....Peace

bros can u explain to me what "a king from among thy brethren" means daz wat am asking shikena

i wll respond to others later.batry
Re: Muhammad cannot be the Comforter by deSika(m): 1:30pm On May 13, 2013
just one thing I need u to help me do

Pls can yu explain "a king from among thy brethren " deut 17: 15
Re: Muhammad cannot be the Comforter by proo212(m): 7:01pm On May 13, 2013
Of course he can't explain it....
Re: Muhammad cannot be the Comforter by Mintayo(m): 8:45pm On May 13, 2013
deSika: just one thing I need u to help me do

well done desika...you are doing a fine job;i can see that talk2me is here(that guy is a funny dude,doesnt think well at all); lanre is alittle bit mature but he is too desperate...so desperate that they don't knw that there trying to put mohammed in those words of Jesus NEGATES the authenticity of the quran,allah and mohammed...smh.

I am not trying to take u back but they are so blind to so many things-

John 14:26...(NLT)
But when the Father sends the advocate as my REPRESENTATIVE-that is the HOLY SPIRIT- He will remind you of everything i have told you!

From above
1. Is there anything like FATHER in the quran? Does muslims or mohammed recognize the FATHER?
2. Advocates means-counsellor,helper,intercessor,strenghtner(is mohammed any of those?)
3.REPRESENTATIVE- did mohamed come to represent Jesus? Did he speak for Jesus? Did Jesus send mohammed?did he come representing Jesus?
(these are deep questions that talk2me's book of barnabas cannot even answer).

John 16:14
He will bring me glory by telling you whatever He recieves from me.

Did mohammed come to give Jesus glory?
Does that mean mohammed received from Jesus?

(like i said before,i am not trying to take u back but these are deep questions that sentiments or emotions can't solve)

shalom.
Re: Muhammad cannot be the Comforter by Mintayo(m): 8:46pm On May 13, 2013

Re: Muhammad cannot be the Comforter by lanrexlan(m): 9:09pm On May 13, 2013

Brother,brethren can be used in two ways.Brethren mentioned in deutrenonmy 17;15 is brethren of the jewish people,among themselves.The brethren used in deuteronomy 18;18-19 is the brethren of the ancenstral brothers of the jewish people,not among themselves.The ancestral brethen is the jewish people are the arabs because abraham(pbuh) had two sons,isaac(pbuh) and ismael(pbuh),both are brothers since they are brothers,they are brethren of each other.Now isaac(pbuh)is a jew and ismael(pbuh)is an arab,so the jewish people are also the brethren of the arabs,hope I clarify that.I decided not to answer before because I have explained it in my former post,i don't like repeating words...Peace brother.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Alhamdu Lillahi Rabbi Alaaalameena - The first ayah of the Quran / Can We Countdown Number Of Days 2 Celebrate Ileya? / Martyrdom Of Lady Ruqayya Bint Al-Hussain (as)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 173
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.