Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,786 members, 7,827,895 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:45 PM

Muhammad cannot be the Comforter - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Muhammad cannot be the Comforter (6896 Views)

Who Is The Comforter Jesus Promised / Mohammed Is Not The Comforter / Why Do Muslims Think That The Comforter Jesus Christ Promised Is Muhammad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muhammad cannot be the Comforter by vedaxcool(m): 7:11am On Apr 13, 2013
deSika: is stalwert and Vedaxcool same person. anyways nice to meet u stalwert.
am not doing wat i like i am interpreting the verse in line with wt u guys are asking us to do(ie inserting Mohameds name)
am sure by now u get my gist on that point so we can move on to other points.

grin grin grin like I said replace it, then recovert, it do what u like, it still boils down to praised one! Another poorly reasoned question!

1 Like

Re: Muhammad cannot be the Comforter by vedaxcool(m): 7:21am On Apr 13, 2013
deSika: dnt make me laugh. me debunked. uv nt debunked even one point from d op

this is wat u said

this is wat the verse says

that HE(THE COMFORTER) may abide with yu forever.
the verse is clear on wu is to abide for ever. its the comforter,d comforter's person(u say d comforter = Muhammed). the verse did not say the comforters teachings may abide with u forever. in this case the verse wud hv read "and he shall give u another comforter WHOSE TEACHINGS will abide with yu forever".

then i asked yu to chose one. since the verse says the comforter is the one to abide forever. is the comforter Mohammed or his teachings.

a. if comforter is Mohamed then Mohamed wud abide forever
b. if comforter is Mohameds teaching then Mohameds teaching wud abide forever.
u
and yu say u debunked the question.no u ddnt

comforter cannot be both Mohamed and Mohameds teachings. it has to be one.I ASKED U TO CHOOSE ONE AND UV NOT DONE THAT YET.

why cant it be his teachings?
because periqlytos means praised one. Mohameds teachings does not mean praised one. at best we can say Praised one's teachings. now the verse says praised one and not praised ones teachings.(and he shall give you another comforter/periclytos/praised one)

secondly, the verse says that HE may abide with yu forever.
teachings cannot be represented wth the pronoun HE. teachings can be represented with IT.

so since comforter/periclytos is not Mohameds teaching we are left with Mohamed.

why cant it be Mohamed
the comforter is one to abide forever. Now Mohamed did not abide forever. so mohamed canot be the comforter

so we cant use periclytos here since it cant conform with the rest of the statement. its so clear, Vedaxcool jst admit and move along

grin grin grin u really crack me up, the same u said another comforter means another of the same kind only to turn around, meaning Jesus is the first, now did Jesus abide forever, since him and the comforter are suppose to be the same? Nope, so what did he mean by abide with you forever? - teachings of the next comforter wud stay with u forever! QED!

1 Like

Re: Muhammad cannot be the Comforter by vedaxcool(m): 7:29am On Apr 13, 2013
deSika:
here again u find ursef agreeing with me. look at it
comforter is to be sent to Jesus disciples becos Jesus is leaving them.
and yu say

Conclusion Mohamed cannot be the comforter
pls read

john 16:7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for YOU that I go away: FOR IF I GO NOT AWAY, THE COMFORTER WILL NOT COME UNTO YOU; but if I depart, I will send him unto U
YOU.
who is the YOU in the above verse. ofcourse the disciples

Lol grin grin the same Jesus said to the same people he was addressing he will be back, what happens? He never returns to them, according to the bible the hallmark of a false prophet is false teachings . . . U do the maths, it is clear in the verse Jesus refered to a person like him who would come to guide his followers to all truth! The Holy ghost is not a person! And in essence ur argue the comforter was meant only for the diciples, hence the comforter lay in the graves of the disciple right? Please make u use ur sense! According to desika;

The Comforter only came for the disciples, and hence ever since they died, the comforter is also dead! Again this falsifies Jesus statement! grin grin

1 Like

Re: Muhammad cannot be the Comforter by vedaxcool(m): 7:33am On Apr 13, 2013
deSika:
and of course thats the whole essence of the comforter to teach them.
john 16:12 i have yet so many things to say unto you. but ye canot bear them NOW.
keyword: Now
there is no where in the verse that states they canot bear wat the comforter wud tell them(Future) rather its wat Jesus was GOING to tell them(future),[not had told them(past)] that they cud not bear

Clearly Jesus says the disciples cannot bear, twisting and swerving does not change that fact!

1 Like

Re: Muhammad cannot be the Comforter by vedaxcool(m): 7:37am On Apr 13, 2013
deSika:
point 5 is not debunked and am not here to babble.
the truth is that u r trying to infer from the passage. but ur inference is wrong. this is ur point
Jesus spoke of a future action that is spirit coming to them yet the spirit is already with them.
the truth is that before this time the spirit did not dwell IN permanently them. so the future action is oncourse. as in the future the spirit will indwell them permanently and do somany other things

No apologies for falsely accusing me, and it shows clerarly u went and lift an entire quote from a website . . . Only to forget and start making. Allegation even at that . . . U simply made Another babble, keep it up! grin grin now u indicate Jesus lied that for the same comforter to come Jesus must go only to turn around and say Jesus the comforter was always around in small quantities grin grin truly this is hilarious!

2 Likes

Re: Muhammad cannot be the Comforter by vedaxcool(m): 7:39am On Apr 13, 2013
deSika:
i wil be creating athread on ds bible corruption issue soonest.
but again ddnt u no that the bible was corupted when u were reading to know about a prophesied Mohamed in dat corrupted book.

food for thought# if a corrupted book talks about Mohamed, y should i belive any of its corupted stories including the ones about Mohamed{if a book full of lies talks about Mohamed, does dat not mean that this talk about Mohamed is one of its many lies}

Why are u sounding so hurt? Christian scholars agree the bible have been tampered with so many times to say what any tom di.ck and harry wants it to say!

1 Like

Re: Muhammad cannot be the Comforter by vedaxcool(m): 7:50am On Apr 13, 2013
deSika: so we see from Johns gospel wat Jesus is telling his disciples as he is about to leave them. he knew they wud be lonely without him.they wud definitly scatter and go their ways after his departure becos they would have felt betrayed since they believed Jesus was their messiah who has come to deliver them from their oppresors. but now was leaving them just like that.
but Jesus had to leave them. it was part of his mission
so Jesus says unto them. Am leaving yu guys just like that o.common am not that heartless. see am sending u another person who will comfort u just as i have always done with u. someone to accompany u just as i hav always done. someone to teach u just......so u get it.
one important factor in this story is this. JESUS WAS TALKING TO HIS DISCIPLES. yeah, Peter, John and the rest so its only logical that this comforter must come to these guys.

secondly this comforter had attributes wch we cud use to identify him. amongs which are
1. the world cannot see him
2. he will dwell IN the disciples
3. he will abide with u FOREVER

now if the world cannot see him it means he is not physical. for mens eyes have the capability of seeing physical objects. wat cud live in people except non physical beings. and of course humans die only spirits dont.
so apart from the fact that the verse clearly stating the holyspirit we can see from the attributes of this promised personality that he must be a spiritual entity even if we try to ignore the holyspirit clearly spelt out.

but i here u say, the reason why it cant be the spirit is becos the spirit has already bin around and cannot be said to come in a future action.

yes u r correct, the holyspirit has always bin around. but we must read with understanding and not inference for the simple reason that u cud infer wrongly. so lets go to the verse again

ABIDE means to stay with you.
and again we see here
The verses tell us that the holy spirit is coming to stay with them permanently and this staying is INSIDE OF THEM. who exactly are we talking about here. ofcourse we are talking about the disciples.

the Holyspirit was not IN the disciples prior to this time. so the future action of the holyspirit coming INTO/INSIDE them is on point.(except u cn show me a permanent indwelling of the holyspirt on these disciples before this time)

now did the holyspirit actually come on them later on. yes lets go to Acts 2.
verse 4 says and they were all filled with the Holyghost...
so there was a promised comforter who is a spirit and there was the actual coming of the promised comforter.

#thanks for ur time. hoping to have more enlightenig discusions with u all in the near future.
remeber, accept the truth when it is shown to u

TRUTH has arrived and Falsehood has fled!

It is always a pleasure! One more thing, where is the holy spirit?

Did he die in the corpses of the disiciples?

¤ Food for thought, since the disciples died one after the other, the holy spirit which u call the comforter must have died in them hence failing to abide forever, once again falsifying Jesus statement twice, the first being in the same statement Jesus promises his diciples he would come back to the them (in the verse)! Wow the bible have undergone severe alteration that it makes all sort of contradictory claims!

Muhamad being the comforter has been proven clearly, Jesus says he would be a man like him, the holy spirit isn't, he will guide mankind to entire truth, till date the holy spirit have not profered any solutions to these problems facing christians, idolatery (mistaking Jesus for God, worshipping mary and saints, alcohol is a serious problem in christian land that many have perished because of its abuse etc) all this problems Islam solved as prophet Muhammad pbuh the comforter was sent to guide all mankind to all truth, the holy ghost did not bring one teaching that we can compare to Jesus, the holy spirit is not a man yet Jesus promises a man that is another of the same kind!

3 Likes

Re: Muhammad cannot be the Comforter by vedaxcool(m): 7:52am On Apr 13, 2013
tbaba1234: I think it is time to ignore this desika and his questions... He is not here for truth... Some of the questions are just incredibly silly, to be honest. I think, this is truthman using another user name.

Yeah but u forgot to add he tells lies to!
Re: Muhammad cannot be the Comforter by deSika(m): 10:11am On Apr 13, 2013
vedaxcool:

grin grin grin like I said replace it, then recovert, it do what u like, it still boils down to praised one! Another poorly reasoned question!
praised one means Muhammed. anyways i think iv made my iresistible point and ofcos u cnt rebut it that y it has to be a poorly reasoned question. [ONE TRUTH PASSED ACROSS]

u really crack me up, the same u said another comforter means another of the same kind only to turn around, meaning Jesus is the first, now did Jesus abide forever, since him and the comforter are suppose to be the same? Nope, so what did he mean by abide with you forever? - teachings of the next comforter wud stay with u forever! QED!
now the truth cracks u up. atleast am glad i passed it across but only for it to amuse u.(actually u were suposed to accept it and not laugh at it). understanding is wat u need
u ask
first, now did Jesus abide forever, since him and the comforter are suppose to be the same?
answer: yes [or wat else cud u use to describe someone wu didnt die according to the quran but was raised] understanding is wat u need. someone dt ddnt die must be alive.
and again u say

so what did he mean by abide with you forever? - teachings of the next comforter wud stay with u forever! QED!
my friend if it meant teachinngs it wud read "and i will pray the father and he shall give u another periclytos teachings, that the teachings(IT) may abide with u" common bro, its simple english

Lol gringrin the same Jesus said to the same people he was addressing he will be back, what happens? He never returns to them, according to the bible the hallmark of a false prophet is false teachings . . .
u are bringing in another saying of Jesus outside the comforter stuff. but nevertheless i will explainn for u."John 21:1 after these things Jesus showed himself again to the disciples at the sea of Tiberias..."″acts 1:3 to whom also he showed himself alive after his passion by may infallible proofs....″
U do the maths, it is clear in the verse Jesus refered to a person like him who would come to guide his followers to all truth! The Holy ghost is not a person! And in essence ur argue the comforter was meant only for the diciples, hence the comforter lay in the graves of the disciple right? Please make u use ur sense! According to desika; The Comforter only came for the disciples, and hence ever since they died, the comforter is also dead! Again this falsifies Jesus statement
actually the holyghost is a person(being) but an unseen person. yes the holyghost was meant for the discipless and in extension every other disciple after them. so atleast the comforter must start with them. the comforter cannot be dead why something that stays INSIDE so many people cannot be said to be dead when one of his containers is dead. just imagine that all the people in Lagos have the holyspirit inside them. ofcos u o that all of them cant die at same time. so if mr a dies did u no that mr b still has his own. poor analogy but it should help.

1 Like

Re: Muhammad cannot be the Comforter by deSika(m): 10:25am On Apr 13, 2013
vedaxcool:

Clearly Jesus says the disciples cannot bear, twisting and swerving does not change that fact!
twisting no. explaiining to u, yes
again the verse as it is
john 16:12 i have yet so many things to say unto you. but ye canot bear them NOW.
ye cannot bear it NOW. ye cannot bear it NOW. except u didnt see NOW in that verse. wt does NOW mean in that verse to u.
[ANOTHER TRUTH REVEALED]
No apologies for falsely accusing me, and it shows clerarly u went and lift an entire quote from a website . . . Only to forget and start making. Allegation even at that . . . U simply made Another babble, keep it up! gringrin now u indicate Jesus lied that for the same comforter to come Jesus must go only to turn around and say Jesus the comforter was always around in small quantities gringrin truly this is hilarious!
Jesus no lie my friend. he said the comforter wud come to dwell in them.
did i reaaly say this
Jesus the comforter was always around in small quantities
i dnt think so. pls show me where i said this.
let me explain again.
Jesus wud be lying if the disciples had an indwelling comforter prior to this time.did they have. simple answer no.if u think otherwise u can show me(where these disciples had an indwelling comforter) this indwelling comforter must come for them to have him. hence the promise. this is simple english. when he says another comforter it means there are 2 comforters. Jesus and the promised one. we already know who Jesus is. so who is this promised comforter. this comforter Dwells in people.

pls seek understanding and when u find it. pls accept it
Re: Muhammad cannot be the Comforter by deSika(m): 11:03pm On Apr 13, 2013
vedaxcool:

TRUTH has arrived and Falsehood has fled!

It is always a pleasure! One more thing, where is the holy spirit?

Did he die in the corpses of the disiciples?

¤ Food for thought, since the disciples died one after the other, the holy spirit which u call the comforter must have died in them hence failing to abide forever, once again falsifying Jesus statement twice, the first being in the same statement Jesus promises his diciples he would come back to the them (in the verse)
my friend, spirits dont die
Wow the bible have undergone severe alteration that it makes all sort of contradictory claims!
ok

Muhamad being the comforter has been proven clearly, Jesus says he would be a man like him, the holy spirit isn't,
aha. infering wrongly again. Jesus said the comforter wud be another comforter like him. not another man like him.[pls dnt insert words into the bible] if u read further this comforter was to indwell people. a man cannot do this
u hv not yet bin able to tell me wheda Jesus and Mohamed are similar or not based on Deut 18 and John 14
he will guide mankind to entire truth, till date the holy spirit have not profered any solutions to these problems facing christians, idolatery (mistaking Jesus for God, worshipping mary and saints, alcohol is a serious problem in christian land that many have perished because of its abuse etc) all this problems Islam solved as prophet Muhammad pbuh the comforter was sent to guide all mankind to all truth.. [/quote]
u didnt include the problem of suicide bombers. u like to add words into the bible and thats not good. there is no verse that says "he will guide MANKIND to entire truth" the verse actually reads "he will guide YOU(disciples) into all truth"
the holy ghost did not bring one teaching that we can compare to Jesus, the holy spirit is not a man yet Jesus promises a man that is another of the same kind!
actually i understand u. ur reasoning is that since we can not see the holyspirit teaching anybody anything that we can compare with Jesus teaching then it cant be the holyghost and since its not the holyghost it has to be Mohamed. i will show u y ur reasoning is wrong
1. even if its not the holyspirit. it cannot be Mohamed
2. u r attempting to add somtin to the scripture (the word MAN)and neglecting wat is already there. the scripture clearly tells u that the comforter will indwell people and canot be seen. but no u choose not see that part. u canot even explain that part all yu resort to do is tell me how weird the bible is. atleast friend try explaining wat "cannnot be seen" and "dwell in you" means to u. 3.the reason why u canot see the holyspirit teaching anyone is becos he is a spirit.u cant see a spirit. but does this mean he hasnt taught truth. ofcos he has. he taught the apostles and is still teaching believers today.
4. d problems u pointed out are general mankinds issues. but ofcos christians do have issues. but some of these issues are as a result of belivers not responding to the spirits directives. the Holyspirit does not force his teachings on christians. they choose to respond or not to.
5. u have to be honest on the fact that Jesus did not spell out the word "a man of the same kind" rather its "another comforter" where another means allos (of same kind). we only have to read further to know wht this comforter is.
a. this comforter dwells in human
b. this comforter abides forever
c. this comforter cannot be seen
d. this comforter is a spirit of truth

which man can fit into the above. take note i ddnt manufacture d above. they are from those verses.
Re: Muhammad cannot be the Comforter by deSika(m): 11:11pm On Apr 13, 2013
vedaxcool:

Yeah but u forgot to add he tells lies to!
lies uhn. i will apreciate if u cn point out my lies to me.

pls tell Bro Thaba nnot to ignore me
i understand that truth they say is bitter and the natural thing is to ignore bitter things.
tell him that the truth is actually helpful to him.rather than ignore he should gladly face it and accept it
Re: Muhammad cannot be the Comforter by talk2me006(m): 8:37pm On May 05, 2013
thank you vedaxcool. am very very happy the way you counter this desika.
i gained alot in this thread .I hav acquired more weapon of knowledge to counter desika and co. grin grin grin
Re: Muhammad cannot be the Comforter by deSika(m): 9:34pm On May 05, 2013
talk2me006: thank you vedaxcool. am very very happy the way you counter this desika.
i gained alot in this thread .I hav acquired more weapon of knowledge to counter desika and co. grin grin grin
guy dont make me laugh. did you notice that Mr Ved ran away.
pls humor me. what and what did you gain

1 Like

Re: Muhammad cannot be the Comforter by talk2me006(m): 11:39pm On May 06, 2013
deSika:
guy dont make me laugh. did you notice that Mr Ved ran away.
pls humor me. what and what did you gain

how did he ran away ?

AFTER HE ANALYSE EVRY STEP OF YOUR IGNORANCE. grin grin grin

MUHAMMAD IS THE COMFORTER.
HOLY SPIRIT CAN NEVA BE A COMFORTER BECOS IT HAS BEEN IN EXISTENCE BEFORE.
MR MAN YOU LACK POINT.

DID U READ GOSPEL OF BARNABAS AT ALL?

1 Like

Re: Muhammad cannot be the Comforter by deSika(m): 12:08am On May 07, 2013
talk2me006:

how did he ran away ?

AFTER HE ANALYSE EVRY STEP OF YOUR IGNORANCE. grin grin grin

MUHAMMAD IS THE COMFORTER.
HOLY SPIRIT CAN NEVA BE A COMFORTER BECOS IT HAS BEEN IN EXISTENCE BEFORE.
MR MAN YOU LACK POINT.

DID U READ GOSPEL OF BARNABAS AT ALL?

you ask how he ran away.. then go back to his last post and see.

it seems u didnt read the thread from the beginning i would love to advice that yu do.

foodforthought: Jesus was speaking to his 12 disciples about the coming comforter, did Muhammad as the comforter come to these disciples

SMH

1 Like

Re: Muhammad cannot be the Comforter by vedaxcool(m): 12:19pm On May 07, 2013
talk2me006: thank you vedaxcool. am very very happy the way you counter this desika.
Thank you o jare, there is nothing to it! Always remember they always argue on faulty logic and . . . empty barrels make the loudest noise

1 Like

Re: Muhammad cannot be the Comforter by smoy: 1:19pm On May 07, 2013
Work done.
Re: Muhammad cannot be the Comforter by lanrexlan(m): 1:22pm On May 07, 2013
Mr desika,you have been nailed here too.No matter how it is,truth will always prevail because when truth is hurled against falsehood,falsehood perishes because falsehood by its nature is bound to perish,may I join the thread brothers?
Re: Muhammad cannot be the Comforter by deSika(m): 3:20pm On May 07, 2013
[quote
author=lanrexlan]Mr desika,you have been nailed here too.No matter how
it is,truth will always prevail because when truth is hurled against
falsehood,falsehood perishes because falsehood by its nature is bound to
perish,may I join the thread brothers?[/quote]nailed as in how. pls tell me. ofcos u r free to join the thread
Re: Muhammad cannot be the Comforter by deSika(m): 3:27pm On May 07, 2013
[quote
author=vedaxcool]
Thank you o jare, there is nothing to it! Always remember they always
argue on faulty logic and . . . empty barrels make the loudest
noise[/quote] runaway soldier. welcome back
Re: Muhammad cannot be the Comforter by talk2me006(m): 4:29pm On May 07, 2013
deSika:
you ask how he ran away.. then go back to his last post and see.

it seems u didnt read the thread from the beginning i would love to advice that yu do.

foodforthought: Jesus was speaking to his 12 disciples about the coming comforter, did Muhammad as the comforter come to these disciples

SMH
i read evrytin as usual.i ask u again did u read gospel of barnabas pertaining to muhammad(pbuh)?

man ! i always happy if i see people expose ur ignorance.
Re: Muhammad cannot be the Comforter by deSika(m): 6:30pm On May 07, 2013
talk2me006:
i read evrytin as usual.i ask u again did u read gospel of barnabas pertaining to muhammad(pbuh)?

man ! i always happy if i see people expose ur ignorance.
my friend i have no business with that book just as i have no business with the book of Mormons or a book for astronauts. U need to learn how to answer questions. Wat u do is to evade questions and asks urs. This is not d characteristics of someone worthy of holding a conversation with. So pls ansa my post that u highlighted

1 Like

Re: Muhammad cannot be the Comforter by talk2me006(m): 1:24am On May 08, 2013
lol! grin
so gospel of barnabas is now tales book just because it supports not trinity,confirm muhammad(pbuh) as comforter.

you need to believe in gospel of barnabas.

Since Christians believe in Paul, John, Mark and Matthew as Prophets of GOD, then they should also consider Barnabas as a Prophet too and we really should take his Gospel very seriously and consider it too, the inspired word of GOD.

now read this:

Paul describing Barnabas as:

" . . . . Barnabas, touching whom ye received commandments (commandments of Jesus); if he comes unto you, receive him." (Colossians 4:10)

now,after assumming that u believe in gospel of barnabas.

please read this:

===> Gospel of Barnabas:

---> Then God gave his soul to man, while all the holy angels sang: "Blessed be your holy name, O God our Lord." Adam, having sprung upon his feet, saw in the air a writing that shone like the sun, which said: "There is only one God, and Muhammad is the Messenger of God."

Where upon Adam opened his mouth and said: "I thank you, O Lord my God, that you have deigned to create me; but tell me. I pray you, what means the message of these words: "Muhammad is Messenger of God. Have there been other men before me?" (Barnabas 39:3)

Then said God: "Be you welcome, O my servant Adam. I tell you that you are the first man whom I have created. And he whom you have seen [mentioned] is your son, who shall come into the world many years hence, and shall be my Messenger, for whom I have created all things; who shall give light to the world when he shall come; whose soul was set in a celestial splendour; sixty thousand years before I made any thing." (Barnabas 39:4)

Adam besought God, saying: "Lord, grant me this writing upon the nails of the fingers of my hands." Then God gave to the first man upon his thumbs that writing; upon the thumb-nail of the right hand it said: "There is only one God;" and upon the thumb-nail of the left it said: "Muhammad is Messenger of God." Then with fatherly affection the first man kissed those words, and rubbed his eyes, and said: "Blessed be that day when you shall come to the world." (Barnabas 39:5)

---> God hid himself [from Adam and Eve], and the angel Michael drove them forth from paradise. Then, Adam, turning around, saw written above the gate, There is only one God, and Muhammad is Messenger of God. Weeping, he said: 'May it be pleasing to God, O my son, that you come quickly and draw us out of misery.'

And thus," said Jesus, "Satan and Adam sinned through pride, the one by despising man, the other by wishing to make himself equal with God." (Barnabas 41:14-15)

---> O blessed time, when he shall come to the world! Believe me that I have seen him and have done him reverence, even as every prophet has seen him: seeing that of his spirit God gives to them prophecy. And when I saw him my soul was filled with consolation, saying: "O Muhammad; God be with you, and may he make me worthy to untie, your shoelatchet;, for obtaining this I shall be a great prophet and holy one of God."

And having said this, Jesus rendered his thanks to God. (Barnabas 44:6-7)

---> Jesus answered: "The name of the Messiah is admirable, for God himself gave him the name when he had created his soul, and placed it in a celestial splendour. God said: 'Wait Mohammed; for thy sake I will to create paradise, the world, and a great multitude of creatures, whereof I make thee a present, i[b]n so much that who so bless thee shall be blessed, and whoso shall curse thee shall be accursed. When I shall send thee into the world I shall send thee as my messenger of salvation, and thy word shall be true, insomuch that heaven and earth shall fail, but thy faith shall never fail.' Mohammed is his blessed name.[/b]" Then the crowd lifted up their voices, saying: "O God, send us thy messenger: O Admirable One, come quickly for the salvation of the world!" (Barnabas 97:9-10)

---> "....Know, O Barnabas, that for this I must have great persecution, and shall be sold by one of my disciples for thirty pieces of money. Whereupon I am sure that he who shall sell me shall be slain in my name, for that God shall take me up from the earth, and shall change the appearance of the traitor so that every one shall believe him to be me; nevertheless, when he dies an evil death, I shall abide in that dishonour for a long time in the world. But when Muhammad shall come, the sacred Messenger of God, that infamy shall be taken away. And this shall God do because I have confessed the truth of the Messiah who shall give me this reward, that I shall be known to be alive and to be a stranger to that death of infamy." (Barnabas 112:4)

---> The disciples answered, "O Master, who shall that man be of whom you speak, who shall come into the world?"

Jesus answered with joy of heart: 'He is Muhammad; Messenger of God, and when he comes into the world, even as the rain makes the earth to bear fruit when for a long time it has not rained, even so shall he be occasion of good works among men, through the abundant mercy which he shall bring. For he is a white cloud full of the mercy of God, which mercy God shall sprinkle upon the faithful like rain.' (Barnabas 163:3-4)

---> Jesus answered: 'Believe me, Barnabas, that every sin, however small it be, God punishes with great punishment, seeing that God is offended at sin. Wherefore, since my mother and my faithful disciples that were with me loved me a little with earthly love, the righteous God has willed to punish this love with the present grief, in order that it may not be punished in the flames of hell. And though I have been innocent in the world, since men have called me "God," and "Son of God," God, in order that I be not mocked of the demons on the day of judgment, has willed that I be mocked of men in this world by the death of Judas;, making all men to believe that I died upon the cross. And this mocking shall continue until the advent of Muhammad;, the Messenger of God, who, when he shall come, shall reveal this deception to those who believe in God's Law.

Having thus spoken, Jesus said: 'You are just, O Lord our God, because to you only belongs honour and glory without end.' (Barnabas 220:8-9)

I have quoted only a few verses from the Gospel of Barnabas and I recommend u (DESIKA AND CO) to read the Gospel at the links below. Both sites are Independent sites.

Gospel of Barnabas can be read at:
http://www.barnabas.net/chapter_index.htm
http://www.sacred-texts.com/isl/gbar/

PEACE......
Re: Muhammad cannot be the Comforter by talk2me006(m): 1:29am On May 08, 2013
Did Jesus ever speak of Muhammad?

Jesus has said that “Every spirit (meaning every prophet) that confesses that Jesus Christ is come in flesh is of God (John 4:2). Muhammad did indeed confess Jesus Christ as a messenger of God.

Muhammad is also mentioned by name in (Song of Solomon 5:16). In the original Hebrew transcript it clearly states the word “Muhammad” when Solomon is talking about His “friend” and “how sweet his words are”.

Also in the prophecy of Jesus he states that a spirit is to come after him and reside as “The comforter”.

Many Christians claim that due to the presence of the word spirit, we must conclude that it is reffering to the Holy Spirit. However in Revelation 1:4, Seven spirits are mentioned. As there is only one “Holy spirit” (according to Christian belief), we cannot conclude on this statement so easily.

Also the comforter is described with 8 masculine pronouns (“He”), nowhere else in the bible is the Holy Spirit referred to in such terminology as the “Holy Spirit” is neither male nor female and is regarded as “it”. Therefore the assumption that it is referring to a man, would be quite possible.

Let’s take a further look.

When the Comforter comes, whom I will send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth who goes out from the Father, he will testify about me” John 15;26

Muhammad testified that Jesus was of God.

“But I tell you the truth: It is for your good that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Comforter will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you. When he comes he will convict the world of guilt in regard to sin and righteousness and judgment” John 16; 7,8

Muhammad came after Jesus and did indeed convict righteousness and judgement, while the Holy Spirit was present the entire time even during the birth of Jesus and his ministry. (Elizabeth in Luke 1:41 and Zechariah in Luke 1:67). If Christians still want to argue that it is indeed the Holy Spirit, then they must admit their bible has been corrupted as there is a clear inconsistency.

But when he, the Spirit of Truth comes, he will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on his own, he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come. He will bring glory to me by taking from what is mine and making it know to you. All that belongs to the Father is mine. That is why I said the Spirit will take from what is mine and make it known to you. John 16:13-15

Muhammad did not speak of his own (Holy Quran 69:41-46). He also spoke of what he heard from Angel Gabriel, and he told us of what is yet to come. This verse is also clearly referring to a spirit that can speak, while the Holy Spirit is incapable of speech as it only groans and utters words which are in-comprehensive (Romans 8: 25-30). As mentioned before he did enforce what Jesus had enforced aswell, and did spread the same message as Jesus.

The comforter was also to reside with us forever. This is in tune with the Quran that Muhammad is the final messenger, the Quran is the final testament, and the message will remain forever.
Re: Muhammad cannot be the Comforter by talk2me006(m): 1:49am On May 08, 2013
Re: Muhammad cannot be the Comforter by tiarabubu: 6:36am On May 08, 2013
I find ironic that some Muslims will seek validation of Prophet Muhammad from the Bible! Its embarrassing really considering some claim that that the Bible is corrupt in one breath and in another quote copiously trying to conjure up Prophet Muhammad's name therein. That these people don't see the contradiction in their action is amusing!

Anyway, this topic has been discussed at some length on this forum, one of which is this one here

https://www.nairaland.com/1009884/why-muslims-think-comforter-jesus

1 Like

Re: Muhammad cannot be the Comforter by deSika(m): 10:54am On May 08, 2013
talk2me006:
you need to believe in gospel of barnabas.
i find it interesting that you dont believ the bible but belive in a work of fraud. book of barnabas does not have any binding on me just as the book of mormon does not a binding on me

by the way i see you refused to answer this question
did Muhammad go to the very disciples whom promised a comforter(i no you wunt answer)

>
Then God gave his soul to man, while all the holy angels sang: "Blessed be your holy name, O God our Lord." Adam, having sprung upon his feet, saw in the air a writing that shone like the sun, which said: "There is only one God, and Muhammad is the Messenger of God." Where
oh now bro. if Adam heard about Muhammad why have you beenn unable to prove that Abraham and Moses who you claim as your prohets did not mention "there is no other God but Allah and Muhammad is his prophet" your brothers are busy saying that in the time of Adam they wud be saying "there is no other God but Allah and Adam is his prophet" if Adam knew about Muhamad he wud hav pointed them to Muhamad. hehehe confusion

And this mocking shall continue until the advent of Muhammad;, the Messenger of God, who, when he shall com
so wu is deceiving wu. your Allah is deceiving people to believe something and you have the boldness to attack christians. my friend direct all your preaching to your Allah since he is the one causing and allowing the mocking

#since when did prophets become spirits. do you know what a spirit is. [spirits are unseen beings]

Muhammad came after Jesus and did indeed convict righteousness and judgement, while the Holy Spirit was present the entire time even during the birth of Jesus and his ministry. (Elizabeth in Luke 1:41 and Zechariah in Luke 1:67). If Christians still want to argue that it is indeed the Holy Spirit, then they must admit their bible has been corrupted as there is a clear inconsistency.
my friend did Mohamed go to this same disciples. Jesus did not just say the comforter will come after me at any period. he said the holy spirit will come to the disciples.

the Holyspirit has been in existence. but what you need to understand is this statement " the comforter will come unto YOU" WHO the disciples. was the Holy spirit in the disciples before that time (i no yu wunt ansa)[do u understand english at all] what does you mean

. The comforter was also to reside with us forever. This is in tune with the Quran that Muhammad is the final messenger, the Quran is the final testament,
did you read where the bible says he shall reside in you. you are not being honest to your self.

funny how you believe a book found in turkey where Jesus did not set foot on and disregard books written in the exact vicinity of Jesus ministry. you are definetly not helping ursef. am sure yu wud belive a book found in nigeria if it says Muhamad is the messiah
Re: Muhammad cannot be the Comforter by deSika(m): 11:02am On May 08, 2013
tiarabubu: I find ironic that some Muslims will seek validation of Prophet Muhammad from the Bible! Its embarrassing really considering some claim that that the Bible is corrupt in one breath and in another quote copiously trying to conjure up Prophet Muhammad's name therein. That these people don't see the contradiction in their action is amusing!

Anyway, this topic has been discussed at some length on this forum, one of which is this one here

https://www.nairaland.com/1009884/why-muslims-think-comforter-jesus
i have discussed with these muslim folks for a while now. i have discovered that most of them dont think for themselves. they engage in self deception, cherry picking and most of themm dont understand english
Re: Muhammad cannot be the Comforter by deSika(m): 11:25am On May 08, 2013
just to add
if i may ask you talktome
who is the messiah

Muhammad says the messiah is Jesus while the book of barnabas says the messiah is Mohammad. you believe such an eroneus book at your own detriment.
Re: Muhammad cannot be the Comforter by proo212(m): 12:03pm On May 08, 2013
One book is false, the question is are we honest with ourselves and humble enough to raise our hands up and admit, which of the books is false. Pride destroys. Eternity is too much of a price to pay for pride.

1 Like

Re: Muhammad cannot be the Comforter by talk2me006(m): 1:18pm On May 08, 2013
MR DESIKA STOP DECEIVING YOUR SELF! A TRUTH WILL ALWAYS A TRUTH NO MATTER YOU WANT TO MANIPULATE IT.

AFTER PAUL CONFIRM BARNABAS TO YOU! YOU STILL HAVE GUT TO DISOWN BARNABAS JUST BECOS HE DIDNT SUPPORT YOUR DECEPTIVE BELIEF.

READ AGAIN:

P[b]aul describing Barnabas as:

" . . . . Barnabas, touching whom ye received commandments (commandments of Jesus); if he comes unto you, receive him." (Colossians 4:10)[/b]

IF U DIDNT BELIEVE PAUL IN THE ABOVE VERSE WHY DID YOU NOW BELIEVE IN MANY VERSES OF PAUL ON JESUS IN YOUR BIBLE.

I JUST WANT U TO KNOIW THAT YOUR YANSH HAS BEEN EXPOSED HERE TOO.

THANK ALLAH ! YOU DONT HAVE POWER TO HIDE THE POST OF THOSE PEOPLE THAT EXPOSE YOUR YANSH IN THIS FORUM.

WITH THE ABOVE POINT, I WILL LIKE YOU TO NOTIFY ME ANY ANYTIME YOU OPEN ANOTHER THREAD FOR YOUR NEW TOPIC ABOUT ISLAM.BECAUSE I ALWAYS LOVE TO SEE THE WAY PEOPLE OPEN YOUR YANSH. grin

THANKS BROS!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ten Promised Paradise-bound Companions / Seeking Forgiveness From The Most Merciful. / Child Marriage In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 146
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.