Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,442 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:38 AM

Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) - TV/Movies (110) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) (1088198 Views)

[SPOILERS ALERT] MARVELS Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D - Fan Thread / Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene / Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) ... (859) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 6:48pm On Jun 11, 2015
LeviStark:

Someone who indulges in chaos can decide what's best for the realm ? Varys wants whats best for the realm under Targ rule. But overall i think he's misunderstood.

He is misguided but has good intentions.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by CountDracula(m): 6:49pm On Jun 11, 2015
gj22:

You might hate Melisandre but dont you dare talk about your king like that.

On a more serious note, if after 5 seasons you still think that about stannis that way, then i dont know what show you have been watching.
undecided i dnt knw wat show u av been watchin either... Wen I look at stannis, I see a childish man dts followin a devilish woman because of some tricks she's pullin, I dnt see a king at all... His right hand man even has more sense and dignity dan him

3 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by hameina(f): 7:00pm On Jun 11, 2015
Jst when I was already getting bored with this season and almost giving up..episode 9 took an epic turn around of events and was able to
re-awaken my interest ..so far its my only favourite episode of ds season(excpt for the part where the young innocent baratheon was sacrificed in burning flames))with the resurrection of the white walkers and that breath taking moment when daenerys targaryen(khaleesi) was saved by her long lost dragon and with a single command the Mother of Dragons took flight on d Dragon’s back and fled away!.. Dunno which one ll be more captivating.. John snow versus the king of the white walkers OR khaleesi with her full fledged dragon power!

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 7:11pm On Jun 11, 2015
CountDracula:

undecided i dnt knw wat show u av been watchin either... Wen I look at stannis, I see a childish man dts followin a devilish woman because of some tricks she's pullin, I dnt see a king at all... His right hand man even has more sense and dignity dan him

She isnt devilish. and what she does are far from tricks. Her magic actually works. she helped him defeat renly, she helped him kill Jeoffrey (arguable). She has gotten him this far so far.

Also, He is fighting a war and sorcery is his weapon. How does that make him a child?

Dany has dragons (magical creatures), the lanisters have powerful friends and an army, Stannis has a sorceress (magic). Now tell me what makes him a child?

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by CountDracula(m): 7:18pm On Jun 11, 2015
gj22:

She isnt devilish. and what she does are far from tricks. Her magic actually works. she helped him defeat renly, she helped him kill Jeoffrey (arguable). She has gotten him this far so far.

Also, He is fighting a war and sorcery is his weapon. How does that make him a child?

Dany has dragons (magical creatures), the lanisters have powerful friends and an army, Stannis has a sorceress (magic). Now tell me what makes him a child?
Oh dnt gimme dat crap, dany has defeated atleast 3 kingdoms, the lanisters are ruling, stannis is in d fvcking walls, he cannot even get a bastard to go wit him to fight, he doesn't have soldiers, he's short of men, they are chasin him away cos of food rations which means he has no money, he's just goin abt shoutin "I'm the one true king" as if dats wat makes u win, d woman isn't even a good sorceress, she can't even get a bastard to fvck her. isn't dat failure? Upon all dis he can't get anoda woman and have sex wit her so as to get a heir for his stvpid imaginary throne... Failure! failure! failure!
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 7:57pm On Jun 11, 2015
CountDracula:

Oh dnt gimme dat crap, dany has defeated atleast 3 kingdoms, the lanisters are ruling, stannis is in d fvcking walls, he cannot even get a bastard to go wit him to fight, he doesn't have soldiers, he's short of men, they are chasin him away cos of food rations which means he has no money, he's just goin abt shoutin "I'm the one true king" as if dats wat makes u win, d woman isn't even a good sorceress, she can't even get a bastard to fvck her. isn't dat failure? Upon all dis he can't get anoda woman and have sex wit her so as to get a heir for his stvpid imaginary throne... Failure! failure! failure!

I see i am wasting my time here. Okay bro.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Akanniade(m): 8:05pm On Jun 11, 2015
hameina:
Jst when I was already getting bored with this season and almost giving up..episode 9 took an epic turn around of events and was able to
re-awaken my interest ..so far its my only favourite episode of ds season(excpt for the part where the young innocent baratheon was sacrificed in burning flames))with the resurrection of the white walkers and that breath taking moment when daenerys targaryen(khaleesi) was saved by her long lost dragon a[b]nd with a single command the Mother of Dragons took flight on d Dragon’s back and fled away[/b]!.. Dunno which one ll be more captivating.. John snow versus the king of the white walkers OR khaleesi with her full fledged dragon power!
I don't think she flew away. It might just be a test flight. Drogon would do more damage if controlled to attack with strategy.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jun 11, 2015
CountDracula:

To be fair, the same can be said of the Lannisters , they are short of men, and their power is illegitimate. When was sorcery about fucking bastards. He cant get another woman to get an heir, while his wife still lives. There are certain cultures like the Iron Born, Valyrians, or Dothraki that practice polygamy, but the rest of Westeros doesnt.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Aida13: 8:15pm On Jun 11, 2015
gj22:

Honestly, I think it's you, not the show. No offence.

All season long, I have been able to empathise with characters and see through their eyes. That why they show what is happening to them and the decisions they make.

Take stannis for example. As disgusting as his actions were, I understand why he did it because I can connect with him. This connection only came that episode that Jon left for hardhome and was not there previously because of lack of proper screen time.

Even Jaime that was the bad guy previously is now a not-soo-bad bad guy.

This season is more of stories than action honestly. No huge character has even died. Episode 8 was the only action episode we got so far this season

I guess I'm hard to please...but the consensus around some circles is the GOT s. 5 left much to be desired. Let's just say (and someone did say) that the Hardhome episode saved the whole season. I'm not going to lie, GOT is very watchable but when you compare it to what they should have given us and what we did get, the season as a whole didn't meet (my) expectation.

Still looking forward to the finale though grin

I just checked out some reviews on the season from Metacritic, and here's one that I agreed with wholeheartedly...

Mark_Freeze85
Jun 2, 2015

"Hardhome" saved this season so far. Between Sansa's iffy scene and the very disappointing Sand Snakes fight, season 5 has been a let down. I'm truly sorry for sounding sexist, but some of the female characters in the show are killing it for me. Arya's plot makes zero sense with the rest of GOT, Emilia Clarke is destroying my favorite character from the books, and the Sand Snakes are just...boring. Their fight with Jaime and Bronn was so bland. Obara really looked like she was playing with a toy, slow-spinning the spear and doing nothing compared to the insanely entertaining Oberyn. The march south with Stannis should NOT take the entire season, yet it is. We're getting way too much Arya and not enough Dorne, Stannis, and Littlefinger. I really hope episodes 9 and 10 are exactly like 8.

http://www.metacritic.com/tv/game-of-thrones/season-5
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by LeSulk(m): 8:42pm On Jun 11, 2015
After Melisandre convinced 'King' Stannis to sacrifice his daughter,I've been thinking of a word to qualify the Evil,S€xy witch.Luckily, urban dictionary saved me the trouble

Bwitch (noun)
A bwitch is a cross between a b**ch
and a witch. When you really can't
define what the person is. You know
she is a b**ch, but at the same time
she is also a witch!

Example:
Melisandre is a real bad bwitch.
www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=bwitch

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Dragonking: 8:43pm On Jun 11, 2015
gj22:

This, Gbola5 wink , is the mistake you are making. Even among bad guys, there are still good guys BY THEIR OWN STANDARDS.

Is gbola5 levistark if so, what happened?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Dragonking: 8:48pm On Jun 11, 2015
gj22:

Thank u for this response.. am sure he said all those due to the sentiment of stannis burning his daughter.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Dragonking: 8:50pm On Jun 11, 2015
hameina:
re-awaken my interest ..so far its my only favourite episode of ds season(excpt for the part where the young innocent baratheon was sacrificed in burning flames))with the resurrection of the white walkers and that breath taking moment when daenerys targaryen(khaleesi) was saved by her long lost dragon and with a single command the Mother of Dragons took flight on d Dragon’s back and fled away!.. Dunno which one ll be more captivating.. John snow versus the king of the white walkers OR khaleesi with her full fledged dragon power!

Episode 9 is very interesting as well as episode 8..I was surprised when some people were saying ep 9 was boring.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Dragonking: 8:54pm On Jun 11, 2015
LeSulk:
After Melisandre convinced 'King' Stannis to sacrifice his daughter,I've been thinking of a word to qualify the Evil,S€xy witch.Luckily, urban dictionary saved me the trouble

Bwitch (noun)
she is also a witch!

Example:

I won't mind a night romp with melisandre though. wink

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by CountDracula(m): 9:01pm On Jun 11, 2015
LeviStark:

To be fair, the same can be said of the Lannisters , they are short of men, and their power is illegitimate. When was sorcery about fucking bastards. He cant get another woman to get an heir, while his wife still lives. There are certain cultures like the Iron Born, Valyrians, or Dothraki that practice polygamy, but the rest of Westeros doesnt.
The lannisters are rulin a kingdom are they not?

Dany is ruling a kingdom is she not?

What is stannis ruling? A depressed and dumb wife?

I'm sayin d sorceress can't even fvck a bastard, she can't achieve dat wit all her stvpid power... Isn't dat embarassin, a powerful woman can't even seduce an ordinary bastard to follow a stvpid plan... Stannis has no real plan, he's jus roamin abt, lookin for who's goin to fight for his stvpid cause, who has time? If he wants soldiers he shud do wat dany is doin! Think! Plan! Dnt jus follow a b!tch abt sayin ure "the one true king" someone needs to shut him up

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 9:17pm On Jun 11, 2015
LeviStark:

I just taya for the guy. What has sorcery got to do with that.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by LeSulk(m): 9:18pm On Jun 11, 2015
King Stannis is a king with only 2 subjects,Ser Davos & Shireen (oh,I forgot,she's dead).Mel the Bwitch rules the rest of his 'followers'(Queen Selyse included).

Abeg,DragonKing calm down oh.Everybody is allowed to have favorite characters.Mine is that lad,Hot Pie grin (I know I won't see him again)

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by ApexTitan(m): 9:26pm On Jun 11, 2015
Dragonking:

I won't mind a night romp with melisandre though. wink

You and gj22 must have some kind of sorcery fetish or something. How anyone can find that Melisandre attractive is beyond me.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Akanniade(m): 9:28pm On Jun 11, 2015
Dragonking:

Is gbola5 levistark if so, what happened?
He was reeked. cool

3 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 9:29pm On Jun 11, 2015
grin grin the witch is slowly destroying Stannis, I don't see him getting to the Iron throne with her evil plots.

LeSulk:

Bwitch (noun)
she is also a witch!

Example:

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by ApexTitan(m): 9:34pm On Jun 11, 2015
CountDracula:

I'm sayin d sorceress can't even fvck a bastard, she can't achieve dat wit all her stvpid power... Isn't dat embarassin, a powerful woman can't even seduce an ordinary bastard to follow a stvpid plan... Stannis has no real plan, he's jus roamin abt, lookin for who's goin to fight for his stvpid cause, who has time? If he wants soldiers he shud do wat dany is doin! Think! Plan! Dnt jus follow a b!tch abt sayin ure "the one true king" someone needs to shut him up

This guy sure finds Stannis irritating. grin
I don't blame you, for all the talk of him being a dutiful person and all I never could bring myself to like him. Episode 9 just sealed the dislike people like me have for Stannis. Even if he somehow sacks the Boltons from Winterfell I still won't be pleased. There is just something innately repulsive about a man who follows the promptings of a witch (true magic or not) so completely.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 9:34pm On Jun 11, 2015
CountDracula:

true

Dany is ruling a city

Stannis wants to rule the iron throne

I'm sayin d sorceress can't even fvck a bastard, she can't achieve dat wit all her stvpid power... Isn't dat embarassin, a powerful woman can't even seduce an ordinary bastard to follow a stvpid plan

This comment is soo sexist it isnt even funny.

... Stannis has no real plan, he's jus roamin abt, lookin for who's goin to fight for his stvpid cause, who has time? If he wants soldiers he shud do wat dany is doin! Think! Plan! Dnt jus follow a b!tch abt sayin ure "the one true king" someone needs to shut him up

you know nothing
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 9:39pm On Jun 11, 2015
LeSulk:
King Stannis is a king with only 2 subjects,Ser Davos & Shireen (oh,I forgot,she's dead).Mel the Bwitch rules the rest of his 'followers'(Queen Selyse included).

Abeg,DragonKing calm down oh.Everybody is allowed to have favorite characters.Mine is that lad,Hot Pie grin (I know I won't see him again)

A lot of people still do not understand the stannis character.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Dragonking: 9:40pm On Jun 11, 2015
Akanniade:

He was reeked. cool

Hahahahahaha..this is so funny. grin

So who is the Nairaland Ramsay that reeked gbola5 to levistark? I must have missed some drama.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 9:46pm On Jun 11, 2015
CountDracula:

Dany has defeated 3 cities not kingdoms.

Stannis is after the biger price.

You just dont like Stannis. simple.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by LeSulk(m): 9:49pm On Jun 11, 2015
Mel is actually hot.Forget the diabolical side for a sec

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Akanniade(m): 10:07pm On Jun 11, 2015
LeSulk:

That rotund boy. He cooked so good, they employed him at that inn. grin

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Dragonking: 10:10pm On Jun 11, 2015
LeSulk:
Mel is actually hot.Forget the diabolical side for a sec

Thanks jare..people attach so much sentiment in GOT...Lets forget about her evil ways, Melisandre is hot and sexxy
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by themodernman: 10:25pm On Jun 11, 2015
LeSulk:

Haha,Quote of the Year grin

Been 'Back-Reading' some comments ,I reckon Missandei is hotter than her madam.And yeah,Tyrion changed since meeting Shae and if I'm not mistaken,he has not touched another woman since Shae.

Thanx for agreeing Missandei is hotter...Shae was satisfying Tyrion both emotionally and physically. Any man with a woman like Shae will hardly cheat...she tamed the beast in him doesn't mean he won't unleash it now that Shae's gone.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by CountDracula(m): 11:05pm On Jun 11, 2015
ApexTitan:

This guy sure finds Stannis irritating. grin
I don't blame you, for all the talk of him being a dutiful person and all I never could bring myself to like him. Episode 9 just sealed the dislike people like me have for Stannis. Even if he somehow sacks the Boltons from Winterfell I still won't be pleased. There is just something innately repulsive about a man who follows the promptings of a witch (true magic or not) so completely.
I cudnt bring myself to like him even if I tried, if I was hangin by a cliff abt to fall to my death and d only thing I cud do to save my life was to like him I wudnt stil like him

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by CountDracula(m): 11:08pm On Jun 11, 2015
gj22:

true

Dany is ruling a city

Stannis wants to rule the iron throne

This comment is soo sexist it isnt even funny.

you know nothing

At least she's a ruler, and dats just a woman wit dragons, wats stannis ruling u didn't answer ure tellin me wat he "wants". I want to have a flyin horse as my bday gift dat doesn't mean I wil get it does it?
Too sexist? Isn't dat wat she's been doin abt? Havin sex?

I knw nthng? I never boasted to u abt my knwledge and I dnt wish to start nw, dats ur opinion

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by CountDracula(m): 11:12pm On Jun 11, 2015
gj22:

Dany has defeated 3 cities not kingdoms.

Stannis is after the biger price.

You just dont like Stannis. simple.
Bigger price? If ure a governor, and u cannot b patient and tactical enof to use ur resources to promote urself to a senator/smthng more important but less superstitious like being president because u lack d necessary resources, and keep claimin u deserve to b president I dnt think dats worth anybody's tym or approval

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) ... (859) (Reply)

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) / Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.