Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,217 members, 7,860,382 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 10:14 AM

Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) - TV/Movies (38) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) (1105412 Views)

[SPOILERS ALERT] MARVELS Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D - Fan Thread / Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene / Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (859) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 11:31pm On Aug 30, 2013
Wow. Meanies loool. grin
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Bravoosii: 12:14am On Aug 31, 2013
I don't know if this is spoiler as well, but a character has been replaced.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 2:55am On Aug 31, 2013
That's khalessi's boyfriend

why was he changedembarassed
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by bknight: 7:37am On Aug 31, 2013
Seun: I think the eternal curse was honorable. I have unhidden it. Sorry about the mistake. Spoiling GOT is an unforgivable sin.

hmmm...I doff!
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Bravoosii: 7:55am On Aug 31, 2013
I.Joan:

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Bravoosii: 8:08am On Aug 31, 2013
I.Joan:

The reason is not quite clear but Michiel Huisman will now play Daario Naharis. He posted pictures of him gyming on Instagram, obviously getting prepared for the role.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 10:30am On Aug 31, 2013
Bravoosii: The reason is not quite clear but Michiel Huisman will now play Daario Naharis. He posted pictures of him gyming on Instagram, obviously getting prepared for the role.

The original/previous guy looks much the part than this Huisman.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by kay9(m): 10:31am On Aug 31, 2013
^^ Can't say i mind. The former guy was just too sugary for my liking.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 10:33am On Aug 31, 2013
kay9: ^^ Can't say i mind. The former guy was just too sugary for my liking.

He is suppose to be.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by kay9(m): 10:41am On Aug 31, 2013
django1:

He is suppose to be.

Naa he's not. Daario is a boastful, dashing, swash-buckling, big-talking warrior, a little like the old french musketeers. Flashy, flamboyant, and LOUD. He had curly blue beard. He had battle scars. He could piss like a man. He had SWAG, for want of a better word. This dude, on the other hand, was portrayed as something of an introvert. A gigolo dressed as a warrior, more like, with a chin smoother than glass. Yuck. He isn't a bad actor, i admit, but his portrayal of Daario leaves much to be desired.

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by UyiIredia(m): 11:02am On Aug 31, 2013
Given the GOT hype I've seen I decided to buy GOT Season 1 over Merlin (which I love) Season 4_I stopped at 3. I hope I'm not disappointed.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Afam4eva(m): 11:05am On Aug 31, 2013
Uyi Iredia: Given the GOT hype I've seen I decided to buy GOT Season 1 over Merlin (which I love) Season 4_I stopped at 3. I hope I'm not disappointed.
Better try as much as possible to pay attention to the movie and what they're saying cos i've watched the season half-way twice and don't really get the plot. I think i'll head to wikipedia to read the plot and then watch it again.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 12:03pm On Aug 31, 2013
Afam4eva:
Better try as much as possible to pay attention to the movie and what they're saying cos i've watched the season half-way twice and don't really get the plot. I think i'll head to wikipedia to read the plot and then watch it again.

grin grin grin grin grin. For an intellectual giant, you are falling hand big time

5 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Bravoosii: 12:18pm On Aug 31, 2013
naijababe:

grin grin grin grin grin. For an intellectual giant, you are falling hand big time
Couldn't agree more. I mean what's there not to understand?

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 1:10pm On Aug 31, 2013
kay9:

Naa he's not. Daario is a boastful, dashing, swash-buckling, big-talking warrior, a little like the old french musketeers. Flashy, flamboyant, and LOUD. He had curly blue beard. He had battle scars. He could piss like a man. He had SWAG, for want of a better word. This dude, on the other hand, was portrayed as something of an introvert. A gigolo dressed as a warrior, more like, with a chin smoother than glass. Yuck. He isn't a bad actor, i admit, b[b]ut his portrayal of Daario leaves much to be desired.[/b]
The guy is just too buttery jare.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 3:28pm On Aug 31, 2013
kay9:

Naa he's not. Daario is a boastful, dashing, swash-buckling, big-talking warrior, a little like the old french musketeers. Flashy, flamboyant, and LOUD. He had curly blue beard. He had battle scars. He could piss like a man. He had SWAG, for want of a better word. This dude, on the other hand, was portrayed as something of an introvert. A gigolo dressed as a warrior, more like, with a chin smoother than glass. Yuck. He isn't a bad actor, i admit, but his portrayal of Daario leaves much to be desired.

Well, for me I believe he got the swaggering part down, HBO does not worry much about specifics like the beard and sort but the guy had the proper build for Daario as illustrated by GRRM.

HBO completely merged the stormcrows with the second sons, I hated that.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 3:30pm On Aug 31, 2013
naijababe: I agree with you. The guy is just too buttery jare.

I think what you call buttery is him being cocky and lustful as GRRM intended.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Afam4eva(m): 7:37pm On Aug 31, 2013
naijababe:

I never knew the movie was for intellectual giants. I think i'll give up and probably stick to dem gossip girl kinda movies.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 8:11pm On Aug 31, 2013
^ grin Enough said!
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by kay9(m): 9:30am On Sep 01, 2013
naijababe:

Afam4eva:
I never knew the movie was for intellectual giants. I think i'll give up and probably stick to dem gossip girl kinda movies.

^^U might just have to do that, Afam... Mehnnn, i echo naijababe's sentiments abeg. Like seriously, is it that u tune down your usually sharp I.Q 10 notches when u watch GoT, or what? grin

Oh, wait... Is it the multiple storylines?

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by kay9(m): 9:41am On Sep 01, 2013
django1:

I think what you call buttery is him being cocky and lustful as GRRM intended.

Ehnnnnn... Nyet. No sir. ''Buttery'' is smiling from under his eyelashes, acting ''mysterious-y'', and hoping his big muscles ooze enough er0tic charm - and to some extent, they did. Perhaps HBO delibrately intended this diffrent portrayal, cos this wasnt the Daario in the book.

''Cocky and Lustful'', on the other hand, is OPENLY and LOUDLY flirting with the Dragon Queen. And i didnt see Mr. Whatshisname doing much flirting, loudly or otherwise.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Seun(m): 9:46am On Sep 01, 2013
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by kay9(m): 9:51am On Sep 01, 2013
^^Seun, why are you spamming this thread? I thought people get banned for stuff like this. undecided
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Seun(m): 9:56am On Sep 01, 2013
kay9: ^^Seun, why are you spamming this thread? I thought people get banned for stuff like this. undecided
Stuff like what? Posts that are 100% on topic and absolutely hilarious?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by kay9(m): 10:04am On Sep 01, 2013
Seun: Stuff like what? Posts that are 100% on topic and absolutely hilarious?

The hilarity is consequent upon my clicking on the picture link and being redirected to ANOTHER website, yes or no?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Seun(m): 10:24am On Sep 01, 2013
No.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Afam4eva(m): 11:08am On Sep 01, 2013
kay9:

^^U might just have to do that, Afam... Mehnnn, i echo naijababe's sentiments abeg. Like seriously, is it that u tune down your usually sharp I.Q 10 notches when u watch GoT, or what? grin

Oh, wait... Is it the multiple storylines?
I think it's the multiple storyline. I'm gradually beginning to tell them apart gradually. I'm just trying to reconcile all these different people that they keep showing. At least now i know the Lanisters where that dwarf is a part of and i know the king and the hand of the king and his wife...i'm getting there gradually.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by VillageBoi(m): 11:11am On Sep 01, 2013
Seun:
Check these out! A safe for work version of the red wedding.
grin lol grin
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by kay9(m): 12:30pm On Sep 01, 2013
Seun: No.

Fine... Before i derail the kiniko.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 1:04pm On Sep 01, 2013
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by FKO1(m): 2:13pm On Sep 01, 2013
WHEN WILL SEASON 4 B OUT ...DIDN'T LIKE D WAY SEASON 3 ENDED
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Akanniade(m): 4:01am On Sep 02, 2013
naijababe:
The guy is just too buttery jare.
I concur. That role needs a Johnny Depp- like character.

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (859) (Reply)

Big Brother Titans (BBTitans) 2023: Live Updates Thread / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) / Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.