Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,965 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:45 AM

Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) - TV/Movies (397) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) (1089186 Views)

[SPOILERS ALERT] MARVELS Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D - Fan Thread / Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene / Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (394) (395) (396) (397) (398) (399) (400) ... (859) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by BraniacX(m): 12:17pm On Jul 30, 2017
Eberex:

There are questions though : like why murder king Frey and his household if she ain't Arya ? Are you saying when she wears Arya's face, her memories are also emboded in her new personality?
yes, that's why the magic of the faceless men is foolproof and no, because a faceless man still keeps his own agenda and not the agenda of the character of the face they're wearing and one more question, is it possible for a faceless man to wear a face on a face? Because if the waif is arya and she wore a maid then walder Frey's face then that'll be wearing a face on a face so what do you think?
Cc Gbola5, kay9, Yonce, GOTolodo, armadeo wink
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by JonSnow(m): 12:23pm On Jul 30, 2017
Funjosh:

When next are you fighting

You'll find out soon enough wink

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by BraniacX(m): 12:24pm On Jul 30, 2017
Skookum:

That is in d book. There are some things in the book nd not portrayed in d movie. Like Jon is a warg in d book but so far not yet a warg in d series . Also it not metioned in d movie if they take memories too after taking face
Jon is a warg in the series too
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Yonce(f): 12:40pm On Jul 30, 2017
BraniacX:
yes, that's why the magic of the faceless men is foolproof and no, because a faceless man still keeps his own agenda and not the agenda of the character of the face they're wearing and one more question, is it possible for a faceless man to wear a face on a face? Because if the waif is arya and she wore a maid then walder Frey's face then that'll be wearing a face on a face so what do you think?

Faceless men don't have any agenda. . . . They live to serve the many faced god.

That's why Arya had trouble working for Jaqen and the god. She was unable to lose her identity and forget about her own list of people to murder.

The only thing about the theory that's hauntingly true (and baffles me) is why Jaqen referred to Arya as "No one" after she killed the Waif. Wouldn't that make her. . . .someone?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Yonce(f): 12:41pm On Jul 30, 2017
JonSnow:

You'll find out soon enough wink

Should we expect BDSM scenes from you and Dany?
Will she chain you to Drogon and whip you fifty shades style? cheesy

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Coyotejack(m): 12:48pm On Jul 30, 2017
Yonce:

Should we expect BDSM scenes from you and Dany?
Will she chain you to Drogon and whip you fifty shades style? cheesy

Now that's just nasty grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Skookum(m): 12:51pm On Jul 30, 2017
BraniacX:
Jon is a warg in the series too

Kindly refer me to where he has display his ability to warg.

Pics is list of known warg in d series

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Skookum(m): 12:59pm On Jul 30, 2017
Yonce:

Faceless men don't have any agenda. . . . They live to serve the many faced god.

That's why Arya had trouble working for Jaqen and the god. She was unable to lose her identity and forget about her own list of people to murder.

The only thing about the theory that's hauntingly true (and baffles me) is why Jaqen referred to Arya as "No one" after she killed the Waif. Wouldn't that make her. . . .someone?

Jagen refers to Arya as no one because she has successfully passed all d test on being a faceless man and a faceless man is refer to as no one according to many face god rule.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Yonce(f): 1:03pm On Jul 30, 2017
Skookum:

Jagen refers to Arya as no one because she has successfully passed all d test on being a faceless man and a faceless man is refer to as no one according to many face god rule.

She passed nothing. She didn't assasinate the actress, she killed the Waif and proclaimed herself Arya Stark of Winterfell. . . . . . . .how did she get from disobeying orders to being :No one
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Yonce(f): 1:04pm On Jul 30, 2017
Coyotejack:

Now that's just nasty grin grin

No. It's GOT. smiley
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by GMan650(m): 1:24pm On Jul 30, 2017
BraniacX:

As theories go, this is not the most farfetched one I've seen, but the circumstantial evidence given for this narrative is weak.
Firstly on being no one you change faces only to change identity and I'm unsure whether a change of face automatically trans-mutates the physique into that of the face owner and i believe, not know for sure that there's a strong argument for that. Changing faces is like drawing art on an empty board piece i.e, there has to be a board piece! So for the waif to actually be arya, she has to have cut out her own face first before cutting out arya's and wearing it.
And on killing walder Frey with her right hand, i have to watch that scene again but I'll believe it is because it was more convenient because of where she was standing in relation to the position walder Frey was sitting.
And circumstantial evidence to prove arya isn't the waif is that she was extremely relieved and Happy to hear that the starks had winterfell and Jon was king in the north that she let go her vendetta and chose to go home because why faceless men might duplicate the memory and character of a face they wear, they don't duplicate their agendas, their agenda remains their own!

I didn't believe the theory at all but the points made were convincing to some extent
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by kay9(m): 1:32pm On Jul 30, 2017
JhyMedex:
grin.. all d pple u want dead?..
BTW whr is Ser Ilyn Payne.. ..

Yes. Apart from Ilyn Payne whom I added out of habit, the rest comprise a short-list of all the power-hungry people left in Westeros. The game is over (by forfeit) as soon as they're all dead. I deliberately left out Euron Greyjoy... his death is already in the cards, no need to pray for it.

On the show, Ilyn Payne was last seen in season 2 ("protecting" Queen Cersei and other ladies during the battle of Blackwater). Lord Tywin mentioned him in passing in season 4 though, but he was not shown. The actor himself, Wilko Johnson, sadly suffers from terminal cancer and probably may not be featuring on the show anymore.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by JhyMedex: 1:41pm On Jul 30, 2017
kay9:

Yes. Apart from Ilyn Payne whom I added out of habit, the rest comprise a short-list of all the power-hungry people left in Westeros. The game is over (by forfeit) as soon as they're all dead. I deliberately left out Euron Greyjoy... his death is already in the cards, no need to pray for it.

On the show, Ilyn Payne was last seen in season 2 ("protecting" Queen Cersei and other ladies during the battle of Blackwater). Lord Tywin mentioned him in passing in season 4 though, but he was not shown. The actor himself, Wilko Johnson, sadly suffers from terminal cancer and probably may not be featuring on the show anymore.
Aww.. sad bit. dt cancer part!..
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gmajor(m): 1:51pm On Jul 30, 2017
GMan650:

BraniacX, do you remember the scene when Arya fought that female waif in a tunnel in which Arya cut off the candles to fight her in the dark? If yes, do you also remember Arya was injured in the stomach prior that?

Now my question is, after Arya presumedly killed the waif and returned the waif's face to the wall of the house of black and white(in which Jacken told Arya that she's now no-one); Who treated Arya?

Sorry for the epistle, I just wanna make sure you get the gist.
Plot hole treated her
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by BraniacX(m): 1:59pm On Jul 30, 2017
Skookum:

Kindly refer me to where he has display his ability to warg.

Pics is list of known warg in d series
Remember Jon's foray with qhorin halfhand in season two when he woke up worried ghost was attacked and injured and qhorin asked him why he thought so and he described ghost's adventure to mance rayder's camp thinking it was just a dream while qhorin was asking specific details about the camp and the other rangers cursed him for a warg while qhorin silenced them saying the nightswatch needed all the advantage it could get? undecided
Yes Jon doesn't really know or appreciate what he is but it takes nothing from the fact that he is a warg!
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by kay9(m): 2:04pm On Jul 30, 2017
YoungG18:
hello, am new here. I noticed u guys were talking about the saddest and unexpected deaths.
For me the two deaths that touched me most were Hodor and Shireen(stannis baratheons daughter) burnt on a stake, i literally shed tears

Welcome, glad to have you.

Poor Shireen never did nothing to nobody. Her death was the rape of innocence and desecration of the trust a child has in his/her parents. Hodor's was even more heartbreaking when it was revealed that since the "epileptic attack" in his childhood, his only remaining purpose in life was to hold the door and die for Brandon Stark.

-----------

Melisandre of the Shadow
Brandon Stark.
Valar Morghulis. Amen.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 2:09pm On Jul 30, 2017
BraniacX:

Remember Jon's foray with qhorin halfhand in season two when he woke up worried ghost was attacked and injured and qhorin asked him why he thought so and he described ghost's adventure to mance rayder's camp thinking it was just a dream while qhorin was asking specific details about the camp and the other rangers cursed him for a warg while qhorin silenced them saying the nightswatch needed all the advantage it could get? undecided
Yes Jon doesn't really know or appreciate what he is but it takes nothing from the fact that he is a warg!

This is a book scene. He then sees a tree that looks like Bran touch him with a branch.Remember ?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by oyetpel(m): 2:11pm On Jul 30, 2017
Yonce:

Nymeria didn't follow Arya because she's now literally wild. She has a pack depending on her and probably a territory to defend.

That doesn't mean she won't trail Arya in subsequent episodes to see what she's really up to.

And why would the waif bother about avenging Arya's family?

And how did the Waif's face end up on the wall of faces in the House of Black and White if she killed Arya and slipped on Arya's face?

I think Masie Williams is ambidextrous in real life.

She's not ambidextrous in real life.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by GMan650(m): 2:11pm On Jul 30, 2017
Gbola5:

The show never established that Arya is left handed.
That's a book thing.
"I'm right-handed, and when Mom was
reading the first book, she told me
about Arya being left-handed," she says.
"From then on, I was like, 'Alright, I'm
going to try to do everything left-
handed.' When I was practicing out in
the garden and things I would do left-
handed just to feel that rhythm.
Unfortunately, when it came to filming,
sometimes I have to do things right-
handed because of the camera angle and
things like that. So some people are a
bit annoyed that Arya hasn't done
everything left-handed. I wanted to. I
really did. But sometimes it was just too
tricky and we couldn't do it."

She trains with her left hand so it's logical to kill with her left hand. Even if she's ambidextrous, the show has made us understand that her left hand is dominant SO killing Walder Frey with her right hand forms a basis for argument.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by BraniacX(m): 2:14pm On Jul 30, 2017
Yonce:

Faceless men do have an agenda, their current mission is their agenda and when not on a mission, service to the many faced god is their agenda! Except you want to tell me a lot of gold was paid to the house of black and white for the death of the Frey's then that was arya's agenda and not no ones!
And when the hit was placed on arya, a death was owed the many faced god, when the waif was killed, that debt was paid and payment of that debt and collection of a new face for the halls made arya a worthy servant of the many faced god (no one) from the perspective of jhaqen h'agar, arya clearly disagrees!
Remember, the many faced god isn't moral or immoral from our perspective, it views killing as a gift to give to free someone from the troubles of life (check history of origin in valyria's mines) and is non specific about who dies when a debt is owed except if a lot of gold is paid in exchange or like in jhaqens case, in exchange for a number of lives saved prior!
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by JhyMedex: 2:14pm On Jul 30, 2017
Csami:

WTF! Are you fvcking joking!? I'm talking about Greyworm here and according to the series, we both know he's not like the other unsullied. He is a leader and what kind of leader sleeps in LovePeddler houses!?

Nobody is good at sex the first time if not my ex would have been a good oral giver...and not leaving me with a dented imagination anytime a lady's mouth come close to my rod by using her teeth to injure my innocent junior cry
grin must av bn a traumatic experience... she gave u teeth instead of d tongue...grin..

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by kay9(m): 2:21pm On Jul 30, 2017
BraniacX:

There is no established precedence of this happening, with one unexplained exception: iin season 5 when Arya is confronted by Jaqen H'gar after she "borrows" a face and kills Ser Meryn Trant, Jaqen drinks a poison vial, dies and Arya in distress starts pulling off multiple "faces" from his face until she sees her own face on Jaqen. There are several inconsistencies here, the most confusing of which is how did Jaqen get Arya's face while she was still alive? Or was is it all a glamour? Either, we will never know until it is explained.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by JhyMedex: 2:24pm On Jul 30, 2017
GMan650:

Oh yeah! You're right. But there's a theory on one of these youtube channels that Arya might be dead. The narrator explained that it made no sense as to why Jaqen will name Arya 'no-one' for killing the waif AFTER permitting the waif to go after Arya and kill her(punishing Arya for not killing the actress). So, he concluded that the waif might have killed Arya thereby using her face all this while and Jaqen was actually referring to the waif as no-one for killing Arya. The narrator also buttressed his point by claiming that a left-handed Arya suddenly became right-handed when she was paying for a cabin on her way back to Westeros and when she slashed Walder Frey. The explanation made me think that was probably why Nymeria didn't follow Arya when they saw each other.

All are conjectures tho as me no wan believe
Mehn.. some pple nt watching GOT they be studying it like a course..grin.. interesting theory ..
Bt I dnt buy.. so many incongruencies... grin..like
y b travelling to Kingslanding to kill Cersie?..
y go back to WINTERFELL? ..grin..

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by kay9(m): 2:26pm On Jul 30, 2017
BraniacX:

You're mixing it up, brother. smiley
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 2:27pm On Jul 30, 2017
kay9:

There is no established precedence of this happening, with one unexplained exception: iin season 5 when Arya is confronted by Jaqen H'gar after she "borrows" a face and kills Ser Meryn Trant, Jaqen drinks a poison vial, dies and Arya in distress starts pulling off multiple "faces" from his face until she sees her own face on Jaqen. There are several inconsistencies here, the most confusing of which is how did Jaqen get Arya's face while she was still alive? Or was is it all a glamour? Either, we will never know until it is explained.

I think she was hallucinating. She drinks water from the pool and doesn't die, afterall. Honestly i think this is one storyline the show failed in, all the theories about it prove so.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by JhyMedex: 2:33pm On Jul 30, 2017
siempere:
If it was d Waif...Nymeria would have killed her...no cosmetic face can deceive her...it was Arya...and still remains Arya...and please how can she (Waif)wear Frey's face on top of Arya's...mmhmm..
Damn bruh.. u a sharp shooter.. grin
dt Theory shld b laid to rest!! ..

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by BraniacX(m): 2:35pm On Jul 30, 2017
kay9:

You're mixing it up, brother. smiley
Alright then, a Lil reminder would be helpful
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Skookum(m): 2:36pm On Jul 30, 2017
BraniacX:

Can't really remember that scene although u may be right but it not made official that Jon is a warg in series
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Yonce(f): 2:37pm On Jul 30, 2017
BraniacX:

Faceless men do have an agenda, their current mission is their agenda and when not on a mission, service to the many faced god is their agenda! Except you want to tell me a lot of gold was paid to the house of black and white for the death of the Frey's then that was arya's agenda and not no ones!
And when the hit was placed on arya, a death was owed the many faced god, when the waif was killed, that debt was paid and payment of that debt and collection of a new face for the halls made arya a worthy servant of the many faced god (no one) from the perspective of jhaqen h'agar, arya clearly disagrees!
Remember, the many faced god isn't moral or immoral from our perspective, it views killing as a gift to give to free someone from the troubles of life (check history of origin in valyria's mines) and is non specific about who dies when a debt is owed except if a lot of gold is paid in exchange or like in jhaqens case, in exchange for a number of lives saved prior!

When I said Agenda. . . I meant "personal agenda*
They're like mercenaries you hire for life. . . they only exist to assassinate people. They have no "personal agenda"
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by BraniacX(m): 2:37pm On Jul 30, 2017
Gbola5:

This is a book scene. He then sees a tree that looks like Bran touch him with a branch.Remember ?
are you sure?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by kay9(m): 2:38pm On Jul 30, 2017
Gbola5:

I think she was hallucinating. She drinks water from the pool and doesn't die, afterall. Honestly i think this is one storyline the show failed in, all the theories about it prove so.

Mayhaps you're right... although that doesn't explain the blindness.

But i think the prize of "biggest fail" in the entire series goes to the Dorne storyline. Two prizes, in fact... let's not forget worst acting.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 2:39pm On Jul 30, 2017
BraniacX:
are you sure?
Aye very.

(1) (2) (3) ... (394) (395) (396) (397) (398) (399) (400) ... (859) (Reply)

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) / Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.