Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,378 members, 7,812,101 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:14 AM

Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) - TV/Movies (398) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) (1089276 Views)

[SPOILERS ALERT] MARVELS Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D - Fan Thread / Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene / Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (395) (396) (397) (398) (399) (400) (401) ... (859) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by BraniacX(m): 2:41pm On Jul 30, 2017
kay9:

There is no established precedence of this happening, with one unexplained exception: iin season 5 when Arya is confronted by Jaqen H'gar after she "borrows" a face and kills Ser Meryn Trant, Jaqen drinks a poison vial, dies and Arya in distress starts pulling off multiple "faces" from his face until she sees her own face on Jaqen. There are several inconsistencies here, the most confusing of which is how did Jaqen get Arya's face while she was still alive? Or was is it all a glamour? Either, we will never know until it is explained.
I remember that scene, and I'm still as puzzled as you are, strange that the person postulating on arya actually being the waif doesn't investigate what possible ramifications it will have including this
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 2:47pm On Jul 30, 2017
BraniacX:
Alright then, a Lil reminder would be helpful

A vast blue-white wall plugged one end of the vale, squeezing between the mountains as if it had shouldered them aside, and for a moment he thought he had dreamed himself back to Castle Black. Then he realized he was looking at a river of ice several thousand feet high. Under that glittering cold cliff was a great lake, its deep cobalt waters reflecting the snowcapped peaks that ringed it. There were men down in the valley, he saw now; many men, thousands, a huge host. Some were tearing great holes in the half-frozen ground, while others trained for war. He watched as a swarming mass of riders charged a shield wall, astride horses no larger than ants. The sound of their mock battle was a rustling of steel leaves, drifting faintly on the wind. Their encampment had no plan to it; he saw no ditches, no sharpened stakes, no neat rows of horse lines. Everywhere crude earthen shelters and hide tents sprouted haphazardly, like a pox on the face of the earth. He spied untidy mounds of hay, smelled goats and sheep, horses and pigs, dogs in great profusion. Tendrils of dark smoke rose from a thousand cookfires. This is no army, no more than it is a town. This is a whole people come together.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by BraniacX(m): 2:48pm On Jul 30, 2017
Yonce:

When I said Agenda. . . I meant "personal agenda*
They're like mercenaries you hire for life. . . they only exist to assassinate people. They have no "personal agenda"

I was referring to agenda irrespective of its qualifier be it personal, corporate, regional or religious inasmuch it is the driving force and motivator of a character's actions and decisions and yes real faceless men have their agendas defined within the scope of their missions and isn't influenced in any way by the agenda of the characters they pretend to be so therefore the waif can't be carrying out arya's agenda meaning arya remains arya
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by BraniacX(m): 2:52pm On Jul 30, 2017
Gbola5:

A vast blue-white wall plugged one end of the
vale, squeezing between the mountains as if it
had shouldered them aside, and for a moment
he thought he had dreamed himself back to
Castle Black. Then he realized he was looking
at a river of ice several thousand feet high.
Under that glittering cold cliff was a great
lake, its deep cobalt waters reflecting the
snowcapped peaks that ringed it. There were
men down in the valley, he saw now; many
men, thousands, a huge host. Some were
tearing great holes in the half-frozen ground,
while others trained for war. He watched as a
swarming mass of riders charged a shield
wall, astride horses no larger than ants. The
sound of their mock battle was a rustling of
steel leaves, drifting faintly on the wind. Their
encampment had no plan to it; he saw no
ditches, no sharpened stakes, no neat rows of
horse lines. Everywhere crude earthen shelters
and hide tents sprouted haphazardly, like a
pox on the face of the earth. He spied untidy
mounds of hay, smelled goats and sheep,
horses and pigs, dogs in great profusion.
Tendrils of dark smoke rose from a thousand
cookfires.
This is no army, no more than it is a town.
This is a whole people come together.

And the conversation between Jon and qhorin after ghost was attacked, didn't that happen in the series or is my mind playing tricks on me? If not, i stand corrected
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by BraniacX(m): 2:54pm On Jul 30, 2017
Skookum:

Can't really remember that scene although u may be right but it not made official that Jon is a warg in series
Shouldn't proof require at least one episode of warging only? If just once then that is all that is required
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 3:03pm On Jul 30, 2017
BraniacX:

And the conversation between Jon and qhorin after ghost was attacked, didn't that happen in the series or is my mind playing tricks on me? If not, i stand corrected

No, you're mixing them up. It doesn't happen, rather than letting Ygritte run off, he keeps her around till she calls the other Free Folk on him, this should have been replaced by the scene you're describing.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Seun(m): 3:05pm On Jul 30, 2017
dubylhover:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6JIGyEEUT0&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I think theon is a fvcking good actor...daennerys should really consider singing
Tyrion is good, or maybe it's the backup singers. Jon too. Dany was pretty ok. Jamie was awful. They made the awful singers sing first.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by BraniacX(m): 3:07pm On Jul 30, 2017
Gbola5:

No, you're mixing them up. It doesn't happen, rather than letting Ygritte run off, he keeps her around till she calls the other Free Folk on him, this should have been replaced by the scene you're describing.
OK, but i have to watch it again...............just to be sure embarassed
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Mavereek(m): 3:10pm On Jul 30, 2017
Please where can I get GOT season 7??
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Yonce(f): 3:15pm On Jul 30, 2017
BraniacX:

I was referring to agenda irrespective of its qualifier be it personal, corporate, regional or religious inasmuch it is the driving force and motivator of a character's actions and decisions and yes real faceless men have their agendas defined within the scope of their missions and isn't influenced in any way by the agenda of the characters they pretend to be so therefore the waif can't be carrying out arya's agenda meaning arya remains arya

Ah. We're on the same side. grin

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Mcowubaba: 3:51pm On Jul 30, 2017
GMan650:

BraniacX, do you remember the scene when Arya fought that female waif in a tunnel in which Arya cut off the candles to fight her in the dark? If yes, do you also remember Arya was injured in the stomach prior that?

Now my question is, after Arya presumedly killed the waif and returned the waif's face to the wall of the house of black and white(in which Jacken told Arya that she's now no-one); Who treated Arya?

Sorry for the epistle, I just wanna make sure you get the gist.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by dubylhover(m): 3:58pm On Jul 30, 2017
Seun:
Tyrion is good, or maybe it's the backup singers. Jon too. Dany was pretty ok. Jamie was awful. They made the awful singers sing first.

lol..Danny actually made ne smile,she seems like a very likable person in real life..Jamie wasn't that awful now

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by kay9(m): 4:04pm On Jul 30, 2017
BraniacX:

Ghost doesn't feature at all in the show's version (S02E06). The hard climb up the Skirling Pass takes less than an evening, and the wildlings are ambushed by Qhorin and his whole team; afterwards the Crows move on leaving Jon behind to execute Ygritte and catch up, but he doesn't show up (Ygritte takes him on a merry chase), so Qhorin goes back to look for him... and gets captured.

In the books the hard climb takes almost two days, and the wildlings are caught pants down by Stonesnake and Jon Snow who'd gone ahead to scale the bare face of the mountain; Qhorin and the rest arrive in the early morning. Jon is left behind in same way, but he deliberately lets Ygritte go and catches up with the team in the next "Jon" chapter. He later has the wolf-dream that night when they make camp at the highest point of the Skirling Pass, high high above the Milkwater.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by LannisterIMP: 4:05pm On Jul 30, 2017
Fm4real06:

So u also believe this theoey??

Nope but i consider it!
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Rilwayne001: 4:06pm On Jul 30, 2017
dubylhover:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6JIGyEEUT0&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I think theon is a fvcking good actor...daennerys should really consider singing

I have this video on my phone...lol. Tyrion and his backup singers killed it.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by ScepticalPyrrho: 4:16pm On Jul 30, 2017
I thought the episode 3 will be out by now?

Any info pluisss?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by oyetpel(m): 4:29pm On Jul 30, 2017
ScepticalPyrrho:
I thought the episode 3 will be out by now?

Any info pluisss?

Wait till 2am and by 6am it will be up for download on most sites.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by ScepticalPyrrho: 4:38pm On Jul 30, 2017
oyetpel:

Thanks.

Damn... That's too far away
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jul 30, 2017
oyetpel:

Will i be able to download it around 2am?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by oyetpel(m): 6:49pm On Jul 30, 2017
Fm4real06:
Will i be able to download it around 2am?
yes, at toxicwap
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 6:58pm On Jul 30, 2017
oyetpel:

yes, at toxicwap
Really No sleep for me tonight... na to wake up around 2am download. I noticed episode 2 was not uploaded to toxicwap around 2am on monday morning, but a later time. It baffles me.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Theflash98: 8:30pm On Jul 30, 2017
Fm4real06:

Really No sleep for me tonight... na to wake up around 2am download. I noticed episode 2 was not uploaded to toxicwap around 2am on monday morning, but a later time. It baffles me.
it was uploaded by 2:30 last week
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Coyotejack(m): 9:40pm On Jul 30, 2017
Fm4real06:

No matter the spolier i have seen or read, it wont still stop me from seeing the real episodes.
Infact, the spoilers are even prompting me to watch the rl episode to see if it is true or not.

I dey tell u.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by JonSnow(m): 10:20pm On Jul 30, 2017
Yonce:

Should we expect BDSM scenes from you and Dany?
Will she chain you to Drogon and whip you fifty shades style? cheesy

grin
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Seun(m): 10:29pm On Jul 30, 2017
TV spoilers are strictly prohibited please. I'm going to start banning people after this post. Or maybe I should just lock the thread?

6 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Seun(m): 7:12am On Jul 31, 2017
Episode 3 has been aired. if you haven't watched it, please stay out of this thread. Episode 3 spoilers will be permitted from this point.

. . . . .
. . . . .

SPOILERS BELOW!

. . . . .
. . . . .

The Queen's justice was not as bad as I expected. Ellaria and Tyene killed many innocent people, so I think their punishment was well deserved.

Dany's invasion plan is falling apart. She lost her navy (the Iron fleet), her Unsullied army, and her Dornish and Tyrell allies. This was a great day for Cersei. Dany only has the Dothraki army and dragons, which means she can't beat Cersei without fire and blood. Westeros is bleeped. sad

It also means that she absolutely needs Jon's support. Perhaps he will promise to bend the knee to her if she helps him to defeat the night king.

Missandei and the Onion Knight seemed to be flirting. That was nice. He doesn't have Grey Worm's bum, but his frontalpackage is intact.

Littlefinger's advice to Sansa doesn't seem that bad. What exactly is he up to?

Sophie (Sansa) is one of the best actresses on the show. She really sold her scenes with Bran. No wonder she got the X-Men role. Respect.

Bran seems to be ridiculously overpowered. It is difficult to make sense of his abilities. Omniscience and time travel are problematic in stories.

11 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (395) (396) (397) (398) (399) (400) (401) ... (859) (Reply)

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) / Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.