Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,080 members, 7,828,799 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:22 PM

Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) - TV/Movies (529) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) (1095629 Views)

[SPOILERS ALERT] MARVELS Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D - Fan Thread / Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene / Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (526) (527) (528) (529) (530) (531) (532) ... (859) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by RobinHez(m): 11:59am On Aug 25, 2017
Ksslib:
So after years of procrastination, i finally decided to see what all the rave about this "almighty" GOT was all about. The show was basically all over my face: every fffucking page on the net had something related to GOT.

It seemed like an obsession for everyone on the planet except myself. It made me feel out-of-place, yet very special, like an innocent child yet to partake in the evils of this world. I was definitely going to watch the "almighty" GOT but I wanted the moment to be prefect. I wanted it to be with the right phone, the perfect sitting position, the perfect weather etc. I wanted the Universe to show me a sign, the stars to align and signal that it was the perfect moment that will ever exist in time to start watching. I am the last of my kind afterall, if I am going to lose my virginity, the moment has to be perfect & never forgotten throughout history.

I knew the time had come when every Google search concerning anything kept returning the phrase "is Jon snow dead? ".

"Who the ffuck is Jon Snow? What's my business with Jon Snow? " , I'll ask Google search in frustration every single fffucking time before retyping my initial request for 100th time - "show me pictures of Samsung galaxy note 8".

I started watching GOT about two weeks ago and finished s7episode6 this evening( yea I don't like rushing), and all i have to say is nothing. Nothing is the only word that can do justice to GOT. Game of Thrones is so beautiful that trying to describe her beauty might put a dent on the goddess. I don't even want to talk about what makes her beautiful: if it's her nose, lips, full hips or pointed tips. Her beauty is a mystery and will remain so in my heart.

Side note: Game of Thrones is a fantasy movie, understand this & slowly let it sink in. The moment you start "looking" for flaws, the whole purpose of everything gets defeated. The purpose of cinema itself gets defeated. The purpose of storytelling gets defeated.

Nothing is real, nothing is fake. Reality is a matter of perspective. Your dream becomes your reality when you're in that dream and life becomes an illusion that doesn't exist, UNTIL you wake up.

I enjoy books and movies because when I am reading or watching, I don't even remember I exist. The fact that we get attached and emotional to what happens to characters in stories is a clue that to the mind, nothing is real and nothing is fake. It's just a matter of perspective.

No one wants to hear a realistic story. Absolutely fffucking no one. But everybody loves a great story

A wise man once said , " The greatest stories ever told are the greatest stories ever told because we all decided to play stupid".

Of course that wise man is me. The dwarf taught me well. grin

And sorry for the epistle folks, it's a curse I carry.

Welcome to the brotherhood K. What is dead may never die...
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by RobinHez(m): 12:19pm On Aug 25, 2017
Ksslib:
That scene where Lord Bailish was trying to sound smart as usual with his philosophical bullshit.

Then Brann looks at him, "Chaos is a ladder".

The look on his face was priceless. I loved that scene like mad. I kept replaying it.

I also have this feeling that Sansa will die soon. The future looks bleak for her character. The only thing keeping her relevant for the moment is Jon's absence as the king of the north. Someone has to fill in that vital position. Who better, than the dumb sister who will probably give Bailish more relevance on the show with one single act of stupidity (whether it was intentional or not).

Arya, on the other hand, still has a big role to play in the scheme of events. Not every name on her list has been ticked. There's still a bright future for her character. She has really gone through alot and defied all the odds to become who she has become. List or no list, Arya is a strong character. There's this intrigue about her that makes you keep asking - what is she about to do next? what is Arya thinking? What's going through her mind? You know it's definitely going to be interesting but you don't just know how and when.

That scene where she impersonated Waldo Frey and poisoned all his Bloodline. Epiiiiiiiiicccccccc. cheesy

Right from Episode 1 season 1, I knew she was special. How she grew over the years from a stubborn little daddy's girl who, right from childhood, knew who she was and wanted to become, then later transformed gradually, bit by bit into an even a more lethal version of everything she ever wanted to become, is simply amazing.

Now, that's a story. That's how you develop a character. Though, in Sansa's defence, her character too has developed tremendously over the years. I noticed her hair is now longer. grin

Vola magulis.

Trust me... You don't wanna go this path... wink
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Ksslib(m): 12:25pm On Aug 25, 2017
sharex15:

Sansa haters are too delusional
So what did you achieve with this post.
Everyone here knows what happened in the last episode.we all saw the nonsense arya was telling sansa.She actually told her that she will die before she serves the lannisters when we all remember when she served tywin lannister. At one point she was promised 3 kills but she couldn't call any lannister name.
Sansa has clearly had more development than arya and that showed in the last episode.
People like you just have start argument between sansa and arya baselessly
Watch the show with an open mind or STFU
. How is how I choose to analyse characters any of your business? Are you the one watching the show for me? There are many characters in GOT, which Arya & Sansa happen to be one of. This means I am at liberty to talk about all of them with a subjective point of view whenever any of these characters are in focus. If you are not happy with that, I want you to ram your head continuously on a very thick block of ice until your skull cracks open for easy penetration of common sense. Emotional dic.khead who doesn't know how to pass his point like an adult.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by kay9(m): 12:27pm On Aug 25, 2017
gj22:

Am sorry, what?

So, he should be carrying his wolf up and down? That's more logical to you?

You bitter child of summer, you really know nothing...

Sansa and Arya Stark took their direwolves south with them, and barring that mishap by the Trident, would have brought them to Kings Landing. The last King in the North, Robb Stark, took his direwolf everywhere he went, to every war council and battlefield, and even to a marriage in the Twins. Jon Snow himself has always gone practically everywhere with his direwolf. He took it north of the Wall all the way to the Milkwater where he first met Mance Raydar; Ghost is practically a part of his identity, and Jon never goes anywhere he might be in danger without his direwolf. So kindly explain why Jon Snow will now suddenly decide to leave behind his direwolf when he's going to treat with a dragonqueen? Simple: the show's budget can't accomodate it.

The singular reason there's been a reduced screen-time for the direwolves starting season 5 was because of the CGI budget. This was why Summer was killed off and they had Jon go to Hardhome without his direwolf: budget. I suppose I could easily post D.and.D's own response back in 2015 when fans complained that the direwolves were getting less screen compared to Dany's dragons... but I'd rather not. Get off your lazy child-of-summer ass, do some search online and stop arguing blindly.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by IamLEGEND1: 12:30pm On Aug 25, 2017
Ksslib:
Who better, than the dumb sister who will probably give Bailish more relevance on the show with one single act of stupidity (whether it was intentional or not).

Arya, on the other hand, still has a big role to play in the scheme of events. Not every name on her list has been ticked. There's still a bright future for her character. She has really gone through alot and defied all the odds to become who she has become. List or no list, Arya is a strong character. There's this intrigue about her that makes you keep asking - what is she about to do next? what is Arya thinking? What's going through her mind? You know it's definitely going to be interesting but you don't just know how and when.
That scene where she impersonated Waldo Frey and poisoned all his Bloodline. Epiiiiiiiiicccccccc. cheesy
Right from Episode 1 season 1, I knew she was special. How she grew over the years from a stubborn little daddy's girl who, right from childhood, knew who she was and wanted to become, then later transformed gradually, bit by bit into an even a more lethal version of everything she ever wanted to become, is simply amazing.
I agree. Arya has developed tremendously from a petulant, impulsive child into a petulant, impulsive young adult who decided to become the westerosi Jack the ripper... Only she's more interested in committing genocide than murdering_harlots.

Though, in Sansa's defence, her character too has developed tremendously over the years. I noticed her hair is now longer. grin
Vola magulis.
Sansa has a better head for politics than anyone of the remaining starks at the moment.... Sure, she's not a skilled fighter, an all-seeing creep or a paranoid maniac like her remaining family but she doesn't have to be.
She is just a normal person, and there is nothing wrong with that. Littlefinger has gotten this far on his wits alone.... Don't see no reason why Sansa wouldn't last even longer. She did learn the ways of the game from him after all.
If you're a regular here, you'll know that this same argument has been on for weeks now and will go on for at least the next couple of days when Arya or Sansa rises to the top of their cat/mouse game with baelish.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by HolyHero: 12:39pm On Aug 25, 2017
Eberex:

For me this is worst than Jeofry's death.

I dont think i would like to watch this particular scene again. And its enough reason for me to wish Arya kills that witch.
me too
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Ksslib(m): 12:40pm On Aug 25, 2017
RobinHez:

Trust me... You don't wanna go this path... wink
Lol. Honestly, the last thing I'll ever do is argue about about a character or two characters on a show. The best I can do is simply analyse how I see them and allow others to do so too. That subjective view which we all hold towards characters even makes the whole thing interesting - so no need to argue. Besides, when I am watching a series/movie etc , I like assuming no one else in the world is watching it, so my opinion is only what counts......to me. I enjoy it best that way.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by kay9(m): 12:56pm On Aug 25, 2017
Ksslib:
So after years of procrastination, i finally decided to see what all the rave about this "almighty" GOT was all about. The show was basically all over my face: every fffucking page on the net had something related to GOT.

It seemed like an obsession for everyone on the planet except myself. It made me feel out-of-place, yet very special, like an innocent child yet to partake in the evils of this world. I was definitely going to watch the "almighty" GOT but I wanted the moment to be prefect. I wanted it to be with the right phone, the perfect sitting position, the perfect weather etc. I wanted the Universe to show me a sign, the stars to align and signal that it was the perfect moment that will ever exist in time to start watching. I am the last of my kind afterall, if I am going to lose my virginity, the moment has to be perfect & never forgotten throughout history.

I knew the time had come when every Google search concerning anything kept returning the phrase "is Jon snow dead? ".

"Who the ffuck is Jon Snow? What's my business with Jon Snow? " , I'll ask Google search in frustration every single fffucking time before retyping my initial request for 100th time - "show me pictures of Samsung galaxy note 8".

I started watching GOT about two weeks ago and finished s7episode6 this evening( yea I don't like rushing), and all i have to say is nothing. Nothing is the only word that can do justice to GOT. Game of Thrones is so beautiful that trying to describe her beauty might put a dent on the goddess. I don't even want to talk about what makes her beautiful: if it's her nose, lips, full hips or pointed tips. Her beauty is a mystery and will remain so in my heart.

Side note: Game of Thrones is a fantasy movie, understand this & slowly let it sink in. The moment you start "looking" for flaws, the whole purpose of everything gets defeated. The purpose of cinema itself gets defeated. The purpose of storytelling gets defeated.

Nothing is real, nothing is fake. Reality is a matter of perspective. Your dream becomes your reality when you're in that dream and life becomes an illusion that doesn't exist, UNTIL you wake up.

I enjoy books and movies because when I am reading or watching, I don't even remember I exist. The fact that we get attached and emotional to what happens to characters in stories is a clue that to the mind, nothing is real and nothing is fake. It's just a matter of perspective.

No one wants to hear a realistic story. Absolutely fffucking no one. But everybody loves a great story

A wise man once said , " The greatest stories ever told are the greatest stories ever told because we all decided to play stupid".

Bravo! Bravo!! cool
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by kay9(m): 12:59pm On Aug 25, 2017
Ksslib:

. How is how I choose to analyse characters any of your business? Are you the one watching the show for me? There are many characters in GOT, which Arya & Sansa happen to be one of. This means I am at liberty to talk about all of them with a subjective point of view whenever any of these characters are in focus. If you are not happy with that, I want you to ram your head continuously on a very thick block of ice until your skull cracks open for easy penetration of common sense. Emotional dic.khead who doesn't know how to pass his point like an adult.

grin grin grin

una no go kee pesin.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Cybertext(m): 1:05pm On Aug 25, 2017
Nihilist:

You continue to display a shocking lack of comprehension. The only way a Raven could cover a 2500km distance in 32 hours flying at 80km/h is if it flew non-stop. There is no other way it could cover that distance within the time given in that chart.

The rest of your post is just unintelligent garbage as usual. What I don't get is why you always feel the need to inflict your particular brand of silliness on me, completely unsolicited. I would appreciate if you just ignore my posts in future - your unique blend of belligerence and stupidity might be your USP, but I'm not interested in your market fam.

@bolded please dont refer me to the books... I'd like to know; where in the show was it stated that the distance in the show is same with that of the book

Game of thrones is an adaptation from a book doesn't mean everything must be the same (that include dialogues and plots). The show runners might have their own size of westerousy different from that of GRRM....
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by sharex15: 1:13pm On Aug 25, 2017
Ksslib:

If everything you write is just how you analyze characters then what is the point of writing. You make no argument for what you write so why will anyone take you serious. You just build up a character you like and disregard the ones you do not like just like that

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nihilist: 1:20pm On Aug 25, 2017
Cybertext:

@bolded please dont refer me to the books... I'd like to know; where in the show was it stated that the distance in the show is same with that of the book

Game of thrones is an adaptation from a book doesn't mean everything must be the same (that include dialogues and plots). The show runners might have their own size of westerousy different from that of GRRM....

https://www.nairaland.com/1243015/game-thrones-discussion-beware-spoilers/525#59792090

This Chart is what I was questioning not the books
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by iykmora(m): 1:55pm On Aug 25, 2017
Ksslib:

shocked shocked shocked finishing mode...

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Magnifico2000: 2:36pm On Aug 25, 2017
Ksslib:
That scene where Lord Bailish was trying to sound smart as usual with his philosophical bullshit.

Then Brann looks at him, "Chaos is a ladder".

The look on his face was priceless. I loved that scene like mad. I kept replaying it.

I also have this feeling that Sansa will die soon. The future looks bleak for her character. The only thing keeping her relevant for the moment is Jon's absence as the king of the north. Someone has to fill in that vital position. Who better, than the dumb sister who will probably give Bailish more relevance on the show with one single act of stupidity (whether it was intentional or not).

Now, that's a story. That's how you develop a character. Though, in Sansa's defence, her character too has developed tremendously over the years. I noticed her hair is now longer. grin

Vola magulis.

Arya fangirls will troll u soon. Dont say i didnt tell u o...
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Magnifico2000: 2:37pm On Aug 25, 2017
Ksslib:

In as much as your write up is interesting, i would not still hesitate to tell u that u exaggerated a lot of things. There is no way u would watch season 1 to season 7; over 65hrs in a week. No matter how you love movies. It is impossible.
I know you would write up some things to defend these exaggerations which i think you are good at. There are so many factors that wont allow you to watch everything in a week such as PHCN, boredom, hunger, sleep, jobs etc except you dont have a job. My take although, i wont be surprise if you start bashing me here but bring it on.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by sharex15: 2:45pm On Aug 25, 2017
Magnifico2000:

In as much as your write up is interesting, i would not still hesitate to tell u that u exaggerated a lot of things. There is no way u would watch season 1 to season 7; over 65hrs in a week. No matter how you love movies. It is impossible.
I know you would write up some things to defend these exaggerations which i think you are good at. There are so many factors that wont allow you to watch everything in a week such as PHCN, boredom, hunger, sleep, jobs etc except you dont have a job. My take although, i wont be surprise if you start bashing me here but bring it on.
He clearly said he finished it in two weeks.How is that not possible

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by RobinHez(m): 2:46pm On Aug 25, 2017
Sometimes i do feel like typing a comment to a post... Hec. most times I even end up constructing em' but then time to click "send" and i think.. Is this really necessary?? Most times the still small voice says "no"... And then i go ahead to delete the post and move on.

Wah am i even saying sef...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by sarahade(f): 2:49pm On Aug 25, 2017
Magnifico2000:

grin grin grin wetin concern youbna you watch am finish for 2 weeks.
I finished one season in a day see.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by RobinHez(m): 2:54pm On Aug 25, 2017
Ksslib:

Lol. Honestly, the last thing I'll ever do is argue about about a character or two characters on a show. The best I can do is simply analyse how I see them and allow others to do so too. That subjective view which we all hold towards characters even makes the whole thing interesting - so no need to argue. Besides, when I am watching a series/movie etc , I like assuming no one else in the world is watching it, so my opinion is only what counts......to me. I enjoy it best that way.
I get...

Just that this thread has gone dozens of pages over the "who is more useful - - Arya vs Sansa" argument. U don't wanna start it all over again.. cheesy
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Funjosh(m): 2:59pm On Aug 25, 2017
Fun Time. cool

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nicolars(m): 3:03pm On Aug 25, 2017
sarahade:

grin grin grin wetin concern youbna you watch am finish for 2 weeks.
I finished one season in a day see.

Weh done ma ...
If you start by 8, you'll finish approximately by 6...

Na u oooo
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 3:15pm On Aug 25, 2017
Ghost is dead.
kay9:

You bitter child of summer, you really know nothing...

Sansa and Arya Stark took their direwolves south with them, and barring that mishap by the Trident, would have brought them to Kings Landing. The last King in the North, Robb Stark, took his direwolf everywhere he went, to every war council and battlefield, and even to a marriage in the Twins. Jon Snow himself has always gone practically everywhere with his direwolf. He took it north of the Wall all the way to the Milkwater where he first met Mance Raydar; Ghost is practically a part of his identity, and Jon never goes anywhere he might be in danger without his direwolf. So kindly explain why Jon Snow will now suddenly decide to leave behind his direwolf when he's going to treat with a dragonqueen? Simple: the show's budget can't accomodate it.

The singular reason there's been a reduced screen-time for the direwolves starting season 5 was because of the CGI budget. This was why Summer was killed off and they had Jon go to Hardhome without his direwolf: budget. I suppose I could easily post D.and.D's own response back in 2015 when fans complained that the direwolves were getting less screen compared to Dany's dragons... but I'd rather not. Get off your lazy child-of-summer ass, do some search online and stop arguing blindly.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by IamLEGEND1: 3:38pm On Aug 25, 2017
jimihendrix:
Ghost is dead.

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by codedguy1(m): 3:42pm On Aug 25, 2017
Nicolars:

Oh my God, seriously just oh my God!

Who is uncle benjen,is he half dead or half alive, was he the one that saved Jon snow?

grin grin grin grin
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Ksslib(m): 4:13pm On Aug 25, 2017
RobinHez:

I get...

Just that this thread has gone dozens of pages over the "who is more useful - - Arya vs Sansa" argument. U don't wanna start it all over again.. cheesy
Oh! No wonder
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Ksslib(m): 4:34pm On Aug 25, 2017
Magnifico2000:

Inshort, I only mentioned two weeks because when I started watching GOT, I paused for some days to sort some things out. But when I resumed, I was on full throttle. Took me about a week to finish four seasons.

What business do I have with Phcn when I have a beast 7000mah zerolemon battery strapped to the back of my phone that lasts eons on a single charge even with heavy usage?

I am a student & school is on holiday, so I have enough time. Plus contrary to what you think, I am not jobless. I have a job - which is to enjoy life. And no, I won't bash you. Why would I just bash you? Is this how shallow your mentally is? I'll just tell you the truth though, take it easy on the over-sabi & ITK(I too know).

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nicolars(m): 5:09pm On Aug 25, 2017
Ksslib:

Inshort, I only mentioned two weeks because when I started watching GOT, I paused for some days to sort some things out. But when I resumed, I was on full throttle. Took me about a week to finish four seasons.

What business do I have with Phcn when I have a beast 7000mah zerolemon battery strapped to the back of my phone that lasts eons on a single charge even with heavy usage?

I am a student & school is on holiday, so I have enough time. Plus contrary to what you think, I am not jobless. I have a job - which is to enjoy life. And no, I won't bash you. Why would I just bash you? Is this how shallow your mentally is? I'll just tell you the truth though, take it easy on the over-sabi & ITK(I too know).

Lol... Free the guy
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 5:15pm On Aug 25, 2017
Ksslib:

grin grin
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 5:17pm On Aug 25, 2017
IamLEGEND1:
I agree. Arya has developed tremendously from a petulant, impulsive child into a petulant, impulsive young adult who decided to become the westerosi Jack the ripper... Only she's more interested in committing genocide than murdering_harlots.

Sansa has a better head for politics than anyone of the remaining starks at the moment.... Sure, she's not a skilled fighter, an all-seeing creep or a paranoid maniac like her remaining family but she doesn't have to be.
She is just a normal person, and there is nothing wrong with that. Littlefinger has gotten this far on his wits alone.... Don't see no reason why Sansa wouldn't last even longer. She did learn the ways of the game from him after all.
If you're a regular here, you'll know that this same argument has been on for weeks now and will go on for at least the next couple of days when Arya or Sansa rises to the top of their cat/mouse game with baelish.

Oshey, Sansa Obama. Politics my black arse
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 5:23pm On Aug 25, 2017
Ksslib:

Bwahahahaaaahhaha
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Magnifico2000: 5:28pm On Aug 25, 2017
Ksslib:

I was expecting @the bolded from you but i wont go in war of words with you. If not for this faceless forum you are not even up to my third younger brother still in skool like you. But it is ok. You are free to say anything u like.

(1) (2) (3) ... (526) (527) (528) (529) (530) (531) (532) ... (859) (Reply)

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) / Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.