Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,068 members, 7,828,783 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:03 PM

Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) - TV/Movies (549) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) (1095627 Views)

[SPOILERS ALERT] MARVELS Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D - Fan Thread / Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene / Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (546) (547) (548) (549) (550) (551) (552) ... (859) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Daeylar(f): 10:29am On Aug 28, 2017
Yonce:

I don't want to assume you're being selectively blind to what just happened.
Sansa played LF. . . .led him into a false sense of security, gained his trust and pretended to go against her sister.

And when he least expected, she yanked the table from beneath him and left the Master player of the Game groveling on his knees for a chance to live. She basically bested him at his own game.

No one here is claiming she's the smartest person alive but you just cannot ignore her character development this season. undecided

@bolded no one is asking you to take us "seriously"
It's not that deep. undecided

grin grin grin

You claimed she overthrew olenna just because of the following exchange

“You stand accused of murder. You stand accused of treason. How do you answer these charges ... Lord Baelish?”

“My sister asked you a question.”

“Lady Sansa, forgive me. I’m a bit confused.”

“Which charges confuse you?”

Then I asked you this question
Overthrew olenna, undecided undecided

What was savage in what she said? How else was she supposed to reply?
Did you answer it? grin grin

Then I made this statement basically telling you the reason why people don't take you guys who try to defend sansa serious is because you people tend to try and bring others down just to lift her up, which you tried to do here "by saying she overthrew olenna" and that never works, rather it just shows how weak she is

This is why people don't take the "sansa is not stupid/useless" crew serious.
You can never make her look good on her own, forever looking for who to pull down to bring her up. I wonder why grin

But did you answer any of these? grin No
you tried to change the topic, grin grin

If you had praised sansa the way you did just now without bringing in lady olenna nobody would have said anything, but you didn't did you? You tried to bring lady olenna down and even below the level of sansa? shocked shocked
grin grin

Nobody ignored her character development because we weren't talking about her character development,

Where in this post did you say anything about character development? grin
Yonce:
“You stand accused of murder. You stand accused of treason. How do you answer these charges ... Lord Baelish?”

“My sister asked you a question.”

“Lady Sansa, forgive me. I’m a bit confused.”

“Which charges confuse you?”

Sansa honey. . . . . .you just overthrew Olenna. Your savagery has topped the Westeros scale of savage this season.

I'm so proud of you. kiss

I even agreed she had learnt something, didn't i?

But now that she has learnt let's see how she will do in season 8

The topic is that you tried to bring down lady olenna to lift up sansa, grin
#we won't take it
grin grin

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by borntosuccess(m): 10:29am On Aug 28, 2017
IamLEGEND1:
Olenna will forever rule the game of burns........ That much is true.

But Sansa going.... "THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR MANY LESSONS, LORD BAELISH. I WILL NEVER FORGET THEM" while Littlefinger was groveling like a sissy_ was stone cold.
It only helped confirm what a certain group of people were trying so hard to overlook- Lady stark has come of age.... & it was glorious. grin
as in eeh realy cm of age grin
IamLEGEND1:
Olenna will forever rule the game of burns........ That much is true.

But Sansa going.... "THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR MANY LESSONS, LORD BAELISH. I WILL NEVER FORGET THEM" while Littlefinger was groveling like a sissy_ was stone cold.
It only helped confirm what a certain group of people were trying so hard to overlook- Lady stark has come of age.... & it was glorious. grin
as in eeh realy cm of age
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Dalek(m): 10:31am On Aug 28, 2017
KnightGown:
I see you, brah.

dem just disappoint we #TeamNightKing.
bhet una bros Jon Sand/Targayen/Snow dey sweat untop our queen grin
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Daeylar(f): 10:32am On Aug 28, 2017
Stegomiah:

You couldn't have said it any better
Kisses for you
Was gonna point that out
For the sansa die hards
She said it herself and i quote
'i might be a slow learner but i still learn'
7 good seasons lol
End of discussion
She admitted it

Thank you dear
Lol, it doesn't seem easy being a sansa fan, grin but I think it will get better in season 8
Maybe I will join the sansa fans in season 8 grin

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by KnightGown: 10:32am On Aug 28, 2017
borntosuccess:
grin as in eeh realy cm of age
and what do we say to Arya fans trying to yarn dust?

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Vivly(f): 10:34am On Aug 28, 2017
Yonce:

Rhaegar named his two sons Aegon. grin

He must have been mad to name two people Aegon Targaryen. undecided
We don't know of Rhaegar as being particularly smart. After all incest messes up the brain. Also the Azor azai prophecy had already been made so he named both sons Egg to increase the likelihood

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by KnightGown: 10:35am On Aug 28, 2017
Dalek:

I swear I had a boner_when the NK began freezing/burning the_shit out of that wall......
Dude is so extra.
#TeamNightKing

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 10:37am On Aug 28, 2017
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 10:38am On Aug 28, 2017
This thread has served it's purpose so far. til 2019. stay safe#stay alive# cheesy
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by KnightGown: 10:42am On Aug 28, 2017
Dalek:

You no see as our queen nearly start to dey shed tears of pleasure ni?

But one thing I gotta hand to her is her absolute mastery of the art of badass entrances.
As she enter, everyone had to stand at attention.... Jon was like "Daz mah gurl" grin

And I was just in front of my laptop like... "Yes! Your grace Khaleesi, Ayam loyal."

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Stegomiah: 10:46am On Aug 28, 2017
We all love GOT for different reasons..... but as for me it's coz of some mind blowing, crazy, intelligent dialogues amongst others same reason why I love billions

bringing you the best in episode 7

between Ser bronn and jamie

bronn: men without coc.ks.... you wouldn't find me fighting in an army if I had no co.ck.... what's left to fight for?

jamie: gold?

bronn: I spent my life around soldiers what do you think they spend that gold on?

jamie: family

bronn: not without a coc.k you don't

jamie: maybe it really is all co.cks in the end

bronn:yet,your brother has chosen to Side with the cockles.

jamie:yes,he has always been a champion of the downtodden

(then the dothrakis army showed)

bronn:i think we're about to be the downtrodden

18 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Dalek(m): 10:47am On Aug 28, 2017
KnightGown:
I swear I had a boner_when the NK began freezing/burning the_shit out of that wall......
Dude is so extra.
#TeamNightKing

me sneak enta file room for office just to watch TNK, but dem Bleep up sha.
The guy no need shout Dracarys, The dragon flame we no know if na freeze or flame grin
The scene too short i wan cry

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Dalek(m): 10:49am On Aug 28, 2017
KnightGown:
You no see as our queen nearly start to dey shed tears of pleasure ni?

But one thing I gotta hand to her is her absolute mastery of the art of badass entrances.
As she enter, everyone had to stand at attention.... Jon was like "Daz mah gurl" grin

And I was just in front of my laptop like... "Yes! Your grace Khaleesi, Ayam loyal."

na dat Jon hit the spot grin
The thing hold am like kilode
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by xarookqh(m): 10:49am On Aug 28, 2017
Elliotwiz1:
This thread has served it's purpose so far. til 2019. stay safe#stay alive# cheesy
Damn, 2019 seems like centuries away
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Stegomiah: 10:57am On Aug 28, 2017
between the hound and lady brienne
brienne: I thought you were dead
the hound: not yet, you came pretty close
Brienne: I was only trying to protect her
the hound: you and me both
brienne: she's alive, Arya
the hound: where?
brienne: winterfell
the hound: who's protecting her if you're here?
brienne: the only one that needs protecting is the one that gets in her way
the hound: smirks and chuckles..... it won't be me

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 10:59am On Aug 28, 2017
I'm so happy Li2finger is dead. cheesy grin

Mehn!, a drink to that. At least my mind will be at peace knowing that the starks have just killed one of their enemy.

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by KnightGown: 11:04am On Aug 28, 2017
Dalek:

me sneak enta file room for office just to watch TNK, but dem Bleep up sha.
The guy no need shout Dracarys, The dragon flame we no know if na freeze or flame grin
The scene too short i wan cry
I just dey re-watch that scene I tell you. The thing too short.
And I can't figure out exactly what the dragon was breathing out.....na blue flame abi na ice?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Stegomiah: 11:06am On Aug 28, 2017
AryaSand:
Clegane :- I left this issh city because I didn't wanna die in it. Am I gonna die in this issh city?
Tyrion:- You might.
Clegane :- This is all your idea. Seems every bad idea some Lannister Cvunt behind it.
Tyrion :- And some Clegane Cvunt to help them see it through.

My savage Tyrion is back. Lol! This is the savage Tyrion I fell in love with in S1.
grin
Was gonna add this too.... So many brilliant dialogues/exchanges in this episode alone

The one between cersei and danny
Cersei and jamie
Then cersei and tyrion
The hound going head on with his brother... Ser gregor
Euron teasing theon greyjoy
The look cersei gave tyrion

And cersei noticing the weird connection between jamie and lady brienne
And jamie trying so hard to be indifferent

Was surprised cersei did not raise that issue up

Maybe she just thinks lady brienne is just crushing on ser jamie

'No one walks away from me'
Except love
Ser jamie did and called out her bluff

Family is everything to cersei..... She's more careful now that she is expecting a child..... When she had nothing to loose she had been so ruthless.... Now. She's more a little conservative with her plans
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Dalek(m): 11:07am On Aug 28, 2017
KnightGown:
I just dey re-watch that scene I tell you. The thing too short.
And I can't figure out exactly what the dragon was breathing out.....na blue flame abi na ice?

if na flame na irony for TNK, since dere own na cold, make we kuku call am ICE FLAME grin
Bros this 2019 im seeing na joke shey?? Dem no fit suffer us lai dat

3 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by KnightGown: 11:11am On Aug 28, 2017
Dalek:

if na flame na irony for TNK, since dere own na cold, make we kuku call am ICE FLAME grin
Bros this 2019 im seeing na joke shey?? Dem no fit suffer us lai dat
All that 2019 stuff na just talk..... Nobody know when dem go air the thing.
As long as producers or showrunners never yarn different stuff.... The most likely date still remains next year....it might still be a little towards the back end of the year though.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 11:14am On Aug 28, 2017
Stegomiah:

grin
Was gonna add this too.... So many brilliant dialogues/exchanges in this episode alone

Cersei and jamie
Then cersei and tyrion

Except love

Family is everything to cersei..... She's more careful now that she is expecting a child..... When she had nothing to loose she had been so ruthless.... Now. She's more a little conservative with her plans
Too many brilliant but predictable dialogues, I knew what each character was going to say next. The looks on the other hand are on another level. Cersei and Tyrion's meeting was nice sha.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Dalek(m): 11:15am On Aug 28, 2017
KnightGown:
All that 2019 stuff na just talk..... Nobody know when dem go air the thing.
As long as producers or showrunners never yarn different stuff.... The most likely date still remains next year....it might still be a little towards the back end of the year though.

better o, if dem try any nonsense na me go hacker HBO
i no sabi o, but i go learn am.
seems i read they started shooting it sef

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Dalek(m): 11:17am On Aug 28, 2017
for a moment i thought CLEGANEBOWL was upon us...
those 2 must fight o

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 11:18am On Aug 28, 2017
Arya's swiftness though........... AMAZING.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Yonce(f): 11:30am On Aug 28, 2017
Daeylar:

Then I made this statement basically telling you the reason why people don't take you guys who try to defend sansa serious is because you people tend to try and bring others down just to lift her up, which you tried to do here "by saying she overthrew olenna" and that never works, rather it just shows how weak she is

Calm your tìts ma'am.

My saying she "overthrew Olenna" was tied to the similar way Olenna looked Jamie in the eye and basically told him "fùck you" without actually spelling it out. . .that's exactly what Sansa did to Littlefinger.

And her reply, "Which charges confuse you" was actually very savage and to me, arguably the most savage words by a Queen this season.
No one is undermining Olenna here, she will always be the woman who graced television with the most syndicated "Fùck you" before going out like a boss.

But this is the happiest Sansa has made us her fans, in a long while. . . .the way she grilled LF like the little slimeball he is and how she made a badass match with Arya. #SistersbeforeMisters

She's the new queen of Savage, deal with it. undecided

If you had praised sansa the way you did just now without bringing in lady olenna nobody would have said anything, but you didn't did you? You tried to bring lady olenna down and even below the level of sansa? shocked shocked
grin grin

I'll praise Sansa however I like, I can even deem her more relevant than Daenarys if I want. It is called an opinion. You don't like it well then scroll past my post. grin

@Bolded Sansa has one thing over Lady Olenna, she's alive
She has the potential to be a feared Lady of the North, the way Olenna was the Queen of Thorns. . . .everyone must start somewhere. I believe her own journey just began.

Nobody ignored her character development because we weren't talking about her character development,

Where in this post did you say anything about character development? grin

I even agreed she had learnt something, didn't i?

Everything in my post reeks of me hinting her character development: from a girl with fairytale dreams to a vengeful woman.
I'm sorry I can't make you see it. undecided

The topic is that you tried to bring down lady olenna to lift up sansa, grin
#we won't take it
grin grin

This is the topic?

Well I'd have to miss this class cause this proposed topic makes absolutely no sense.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by TheKingIsHere: 11:36am On Aug 28, 2017
So I watched the season finale and here is a brief summary of what happened :

1. The show starts with the unsullied soldiers standing at the gates of kings landing should in case anything happens to dany while having a meeting with cersei

2. The hound go down the ship deck to check on the captured wight whether it is still alive and yes it is.

3. Cersei questions why dany wasn't in the dragon pit yet with along with her men. She fears for her life and orders the mountain that if anything happens to her, he should kill the white haired witch first (dany), then Tyrion and the Northern bastard (Jon snow)

4. A small reunion between Tyrion and podrick, brienne and hound. Brienne is surprised that the hound is still alive. He ask her about Arya and who is protecting her, brienne says that the only person that needs protecting is the one who gets in her way.

5. While Jon snow, Tyrion and the rest wait in the dragon pit, cersei arrives with Jamie, the mountain and her men.

6. The hound walks up to the mountain, reminding the mountain that he is still coming for him.

7. Cersei questions why dany is yet to show up and notices how brienne was looking at Jamie. She senses something and feels a bit jealous

8. Dany shows up riding on the back of drogon and alights in the dragon pit. Cersei feels displeased with dany for keeping everyone waiting.

9. The hound releases the wight which runs immediately towards cersei, cersei was tremendously afraid thinking that she was going to die then the hound drags the wight back and cuts it in half. Showing everyone that it can't be killed ordinarily. Jon snow explain that it can only be killed by fire and dragon glass.

7. Euron after seeing the wight walks up to dany and tells her that he is leaving for sea since the walkers can't swim.

8. Cersei agrees to send her men only if Jon snow will stay in the north after the fight with the white walkers. Jon reveals that he cannot serve two queens and since he has already kneeled to dany he can't obey cersei. (truely, Jon snow knows nothing. undecided )

9. Cersei feels displeased and says she won't join in the battle against the night king then walks away

10. Tyrion and dany wasn't happy with Jon letting cersei know that he has already bent a knee to dany. Tyrion offers to go bargain with cersei one last time which he did and cersei agrees to send her men to fight.

11. Sansa meets with little finger and listens to his plot on how to get Arya out of the way but unknowingly to him, it was a plot by Sansa, Arya and bran for little finger to say his entire plan thereby justifying their claim that LF wants the sisters to kill themselves.

12. Theon meets briefly with Jon then he quickly goes to meet his men that they need to go and rescue his sister. The captain guy(dont know his name) tells him to fvck off and a fight begins with theon killing him at the end. The other men then agree to fight to rescue his sister.

13. Arya was brought in to the chambers with Sansa, bran,LF and soldiers waiting. She then charges little finger of murder and treason, who was seriously surprised that for the first time things didn't go his way. He says that the charges are baseless since no one was there to witness it. Then, all seeing bran reminds him of his statement of him telling Ned that "I told you not to trust me"

14. Little finger, like a coward pleads for mercy and fair hearing but Arya, like a skillful assisasin slits his throat living him to die on the floor.

15. Cersei reveals to Jamie that she will not send her men to fight the night king. Jamie feels disgusted and says he is going to fight alongside with Jon and dany. Cersei reminds him that no one walks away from her, and immediately the mountain shows up waiting for order to execute Jamie. Jamie still walks away and rides towards north.

16. Sam meets with bran with bran telling him that Jon is a targeyrian and the rightful heir to the Iron throne.

17. The moment most people have been waiting for. Jon snow knocks on dany's door, enters her room and smashes the living daylights out of her. (so you people were waiting for a nephew to smash his aunt abi)

18. The night walkers arrive at the wall while the night king uses viserion to destroy the entire wall. This time viserion spits blue flame which is hotter than the red/yellow flame. The wall crumbles and the walkers match forward to North.
The end.

You guys should watch out for my observation and loopholes discovered in this episode latter today.

4 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Yonce(f): 11:38am On Aug 28, 2017
Stegomiah:

grin

Cersei and jamie
Then cersei and tyrion

Except love

Cersei felt off in this episode to me.

When the usurpers walked into the Dragonpit, I was expecting wildfire to be buried underground and Cersei would just blow Tyrion, Jon and others up and face Dany without her advisors.

Plus I expected her to actually order the Moutain to slice Tyrion's throat immediately he had the guts to order her to kill him. She also let Jaime(father of her children-both living and dead) ride off to the North. Tywin would have never allowed it, he'd bind Jaime in shackles before he'd let him side with Lannister enemies.

I think she's really pregnant cause her hormones are seriously messing with her reasoning. embarassed

3 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Yonce(f): 11:40am On Aug 28, 2017
Vivly:

We don't know of Rhaegar as being particularly smart. After all incest messes up the brain. Also the Azor azai prophecy had already been made so he named both sons Egg to increase the likelihood

True true. But I'm disappointed. embarassed

This is not the Rhaegar I imagined. I wanted someone who looked like Orlando Bloom from Lord of the Rings not a Viserys lookalike lipsrsealed

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by TheKingIsHere: 11:43am On Aug 28, 2017
BraniacX:

grin
My baby learns cheesy Thekingishere where are you? grin now eat shit! tongue

IamLEGEND1:
tell them,bruh!
Where AryaSand dey?

See dem Sansa fanboys. You guys are very funny. See how you are jubilating and wanking over Sansa's mediocrity. It is obvious that it was a planned set up for LF by Arya, Sansa and bran.

Bran obviously must have informed both sisters of LF plan and also let them know what little finger did in the past.

BTW it took brienne just few days to know that little finger was dangerous but it took Sansa a whooping 7 seasons to discover that. angry

You should all be grateful to all seeing bran.

Now that LF is dead, what is Sansa's usefulness since the night king is near?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by TheKingIsHere: 11:48am On Aug 28, 2017
Yonce:

True true. But I'm disappointed. embarassed

This is not the Rhaegar I imagined. I wanted someone who looked like Orlando Bloom from Lord of the Rings not a Viserys lookalike lipsrsealed

Lol, I told you he was gonna be ugly.. And was it a mop they put on his head? undecided
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by KnightGown: 11:49am On Aug 28, 2017
TheKingIsHere:

See dem Sansa fanboys. You guys are very funny. See how you are jubilating and wanking over Sansa's mediocrity. It is obvious that it was a planned set up for LF by Arya, Sansa and bran.

Bran obviously must have informed both sisters of LF plan and also let them know what little finger did in the past.

BTW it took brienne just few days to know that little finger was dangerous but it took Sansa a whooping 7 seasons to discover that. angry

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 11:50am On Aug 28, 2017
TheKingIsHere:

Tell them bro. It took her 6 Seasons and 6 Episodes to have sense.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (546) (547) (548) (549) (550) (551) (552) ... (859) (Reply)

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) / Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.