Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,146 members, 7,818,437 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:51 PM

Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) - TV/Movies (62) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) (1092066 Views)

[SPOILERS ALERT] MARVELS Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D - Fan Thread / Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene / Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (859) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by LeSulk(m): 7:43am On May 17, 2015
My three dragon riders are Dany,Bran (you'll never walk again but you'll fly") and ******* .Btw,Gbola5, this is a TV thread so it's appropriate to call them 'White Walkers'
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Ogatitus: 8:18am On May 17, 2015
[b]Have been a GOT faithful since season 1. Its one series movie I totally enjoy.

But so far, I have been disappointed with Season 5..really it's a far cry from what i anticipated. The intense scheming plot to covert the Iron Throne has gradually lost steam.

.... The Lannisters are scattered with no clear formation

..... Stannis, the one true king, meddling with men of the night watch. Should be talking more about Kings Landing.

.... Khalesi has over stayed her welcome in the land of the slave masters. She has forgotten she is on transit to fight for the Iron Throne.

....The antagonistic pair: Littlefinger vs Varys, are disconnected.

.... Greyskin disease by stonemen is an unnecessary distraction.

..... You mean Jamie Lannister left Kings Landing @such a critical time?.. Sounds absurd.

.....Ayra, probably gone to learn some marshall art.. it's cool though..valar morghulis.

.... Where is Bran the cripple. Was thinking he is gonna be a major player by now. He seems lost with the 3eyed raven.

.....And Lord Commander, Mr Snow, really feels no need to avenge his family. Your father and brother were butchered and you're just concerned with forming alliance with the wildlings against the whitewalkers. Really, "you know nothing Jon Snow".

And it goes on....

I really wanna see a radical plot twist that will bring back the intense bloodthirsty politricks of the Iron throne.. cos after all said and done, IT'S ALL ABOUT KINGS LANDING. [/b]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 8:33am On May 17, 2015
patience....its the calm before the storm.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 9:15am On May 17, 2015
Gbola5:

But they ARE making stuff up, and its leading to a lot of plotholes.

Yeah? Like what?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 9:16am On May 17, 2015
Dgunnerz:

Whose arse is that?

Lol. Some guy that was travelling past old valeria.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 9:23am On May 17, 2015
Ogatitus:
[b]Have been a GOT faithful since season 1. Its one series movie I totally enjoy.

But so far, I have been disappointed with Season 5..really it's a far cry from what i anticipated. The intense scheming plot to covert the Iron Throne has gradually lost steam.

..... Stannis, the one true king, meddling with men of the night watch. Should be talking more about Kings Landing.

.... Khalesi has over stayed her welcome in the land of the slave masters. She has forgotten she is on transit to fight for the Iron Throne.

..... You mean Jamie Lannister left Kings Landing @such a critical time?.. Sounds absurd.

.....Ayra, probably gone to learn some marshall art.. it's cool though..valar morghulis.

.... Where is Bran the cripple. Was thinking he is gonna be a major player by now. He seems lost with the 3eyed raven.

.....And Lord Commander, Mr Snow, really feels no need to avenge his family. Your father and brother were butchered and you're just concerned with forming alliance with the wildlings against the whitewalkers. Really, "you know nothing Jon Snow".

And it goes on....

I really wanna see a radical plot twist that will bring back the intense bloodthirsty politricks of the Iron throne.. cos after all said and done, IT'S ALL ABOUT KINGS LANDING. [/b]

It's drama. It's all build up for what is to come. My guess is you like action films' instant action but not all tvs r like that. You have to enjoy each episode and look at what the bigger picture could be.

For instance,
+Stanis is going to the north (epic battle)
+jon snow going to the wildlings
+arya in bravosi
+tyrion in old valeria. My link in previous post suggests there are evils there. Something is def going to happen

I agree, Kings landing has been dry but it's because the interesting people left (littlefinger, varys,tyrion,tywin,geoffrey,bronn,podric)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 10:31am On May 17, 2015
LeSulk:
My three dragon riders are Dany,Bran (you'll never walk again but you'll fly"wink and ******* .Btw,Gbola5, this is a TV thread so it's appropriate to call them 'White Walkers'

Yeah,but who i corrected said NightWalker...
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 10:54am On May 17, 2015
Ogatitus:

And it goes on....

After a battle, the crows come in to feast and pick up spoils, that's what's happening. Things have to settle before another big battle. As for your points;
The Lannisters are scattered because of events of previous seasons, like how it was for the Starks. Stannis isnt meddling, he's planning an attack on the Boltons at Winterfell but needs an army, so he tries to rally the northmen untapped during the war. As for Dany, her events in Slaver's Bay have led her to stay there and try to fix things before she moves on, because she damaged their economy and has enemies on her sides. LF and Varys were never connected and events of previous season is why they are in different places. Greyscale isnt an unnecesary distraction, when it eats at an entire army. They went too fast with Bran's storyline and skipped some parts and are now at the end of it. That's why he wont be appearing this season. Jaime left to rescue the princess Myrcella(this didnt happen in the books). In the books he went to settle the conflicts in the Riverlands at Riverrun, Stonehedge and Blackhaven, and he sees that some lords are still loyal to Robb Stark, this storyline is important because its part of Jaime's development from an arrogant man who cares about only his immediate self to one who starts seeing the effects of his actions and starts tries to make amends. His storyline also shows us the effects of the war and the pillaging done by his father, food supplies are low and noone trusts anyone, and winter is coming. It was really interesting, but instead they gave him Dorne and a rescue mission.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 11:04am On May 17, 2015
Ogatitus:

And it goes on....

Jon is concerned is conflicted but he cant abandon his vows, remember he tried in s1. The Night's Watch takes no part, remember Aemon told Jon of how he was conflicted too. He has to make peace with the wildlings, because unlike his brother's he stayed with them for a while and got to know them, they are just human like they are, with their own brave cowards short tall bad good, they just happened to be born on the wrong side of the wall and are running from the common foe. If he abandons the wildlings and they all die, then he'll be having thousands of Wights to deal with and the walkers coming. He makes a plan to settle them at the sixteen abandoned castles of the watch or at the Gift, south of the wall which is good farmland.
Ahh...The whole series doenst revolve around King's Landing you know
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by ApexTitan(m): 11:14am On May 17, 2015
Ogatitus:

Don't mind her. She is busy playing queen where nobody can challenge her.

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 11:28am On May 17, 2015
gj22:

Yeah? Like what?

They made Sam tell Jon of Bran, only for him to not speak of it again, plothole. The real Jon would keep looking for Bran nowing he's out beyond the wall. They do a red wedding, and then that's it. They gave us a Gendry, and then that's it. They gave us Tullys and then that's it. They did, Sansa's flee from KL, to have her at the hands of the Boltons, when her character develops at this stage.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 1:13pm On May 17, 2015
Gbola5:

Anything im saying is speculation. And im saying, not one of Dany's but an ice dragon, cool right.
what about the much speculated stone dragon?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Ogatitus: 1:29pm On May 17, 2015
ApexTitan:

Don't mind her. She is busy playing queen where nobody can challenge her.

she dey form madam for dia when the real battle still lies ahead.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Ogatitus: 1:31pm On May 17, 2015
Ohh my Tyrion Lannister.. that crazy greyscale disease better not afflicte him cos he is the best thing that happened to Game of thrones.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 2:16pm On May 17, 2015
Gbola5:

Lol. You have no idea what a plot hole is do you? Look up the meaning.

A plot hole is an illogical event that plays a part in the outcome of a movie. When I say illogical, I mean it doesn't follow the established universal rules that the movie has established. E.g

-a movie says a person becomes a zombie 10mins after death but then someone turns after 2 seconds just to bite the antagonist thereby saving the protagonist. That is a plothole

1. It has to create a logical inconsistency within the defined rules of the given story's universe (If magic exists and a plot hole can be explained with magic, its not a plot hole)
2. The event or occurrence that leads to the plot hole has to be an intentional part of the story.
3. It has to be 100% unexplainable by the rules of the universe. (You can't justify what happened with an off-screen interaction).

[Plot Hole] Example: The Butterfly Effect - Evan (Ashton Kutcher) proves that he can travel back in time and change the past by revisiting his childhood and impaling his hands, instantly creating scars which shock his cell mate into belief.
Why it fits: If Evan was truly travelling back in time, when he hurt his hands (creating the scars), the scars would have been with him his whole life, all the way up until the point that he went to jail, and met his cell mate. Yet in the movie, his cell mate is shocked as the scars instantly appeared in front of him. This is a clear logical fallacy and goes against the rules of the movie, that changing the past will create an impact that changes everything in the future.

Now let me explain why what you listed are not plot holes....

They made Sam tell Jon of Bran, only for him to not speak of it again, plothole.

Jon has had this issue before.. he made a vow to the nights watch and he always lived by them. Remember when Robb (or ned) died and he wanted to abandon his vows? He didn't. Him not going after bran is to show his dedication to the nights watch the same way he didn't abandon the nights watch when Robb was killed....not a plothole.

They do a red wedding, and then that's it.

i don't understand your point about the red wedding.. the show is not yet over and you don't know if it will come up in the remaining seasons... not a plothole.

Even if they don't say anything about it again, I think it has played it's part enough. It introduced the Boltons as real players remember? And it tipped the battle of the throne in favour of the lannisters. Also remember bran (?) was telling someone a story of how it is bad omen to kill guests under your own roof? That's y I think it will still play a part.

They gvae us a Gendry, and then that's it.

The show is not yet over so you don't know if "that's it"... not a plothole

They did, Sansa's flee from KL, to have her at the hands of the Boltons, when her character develops at this stage.

How is this a plothole? D&grin doing things differently is not a plothole

As a side note, an unresolved storyline is not a plothole .most of the things you mentioned are unresolved story lines and you are also forgetting the fact that they still have 2 seasons to resolve them.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 2:33pm On May 17, 2015
Ogatitus:
Ohh my Tyrion Lannister.. that crazy greyscale disease better not afflicte him cos he is the best thing that happened to Game of thrones.
Tyrion is overrated.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 2:43pm On May 17, 2015
I’ve lost a hand, a father, a son, a sister, and a lover, and soon enough I will lose a brother. And yet they keep telling me House Lannister has won this war. ” - thoughts of Jaime

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 2:46pm On May 17, 2015
In a piece of fiction, a Plot Hole
is a completely implausible
occurrence or series of events
that contradicts logic or
previously established events in
the story. Includes things such
as unlikely behaviour or actions
of characters, illogical or
impossible events, events
happening for no apparent
reason, or statements/events
that contradict earlier events in
the storyline. A plothole is also an ommission or unanswered questions if the events leading to them is not explanable and is important to a storyline.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 2:51pm On May 17, 2015
“She burned that fine big horn, aye. A bloody sin, I call it. A thousand years old, that was. We found it in a giant’s grave, and no man o’ us had ever seen a horn so big. That must have been why Mance got the notion to tell you it were Joramun’s. He wanted you crows to think he had it in his power to blow your bloody Wall down about your knees. But we never found the true horn, not for all our digging. If we had, every kneeler in your Seven Kingdoms would have chunk’s o’ ice to cool his wine all summer.”

i found this quote funny. The wildings are certainly my fav folks.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 2:52pm On May 17, 2015
A portion of scripted material, that absolutely makes no sense at all and should have never been created by the writers to begin with. A bump in the plot so bad that it kills any suspension of disbelief the viewer had.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 2:54pm On May 17, 2015
“Would that I had the Horn of Joramun I’d give it a nice toot and we’d climb through the rubble.” ”
grin
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 2:54pm On May 17, 2015
@blubahd to add to that "Winter is coming, warned the Stark words, and truly it had come to them with a vengeance. But it is high summer for House Lannister. So why am I so bloody cold?" - Tyrion.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 4:13pm On May 17, 2015
For those that say this season is boring.
I get complaints sometimes that nothing happens in the fourth and fifth books—but they’re defining “nothing,” I think, differently than I am. I don’t think it all has to be battles and sword fights and assassinations. Character development and [people] changing is good, and there are some tough things in there that I think a lot of writers skip over. I’m glad I didn’t skip over these things.- GrrM...
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by sage1000: 4:52pm On May 17, 2015
To be fair most of the major characters didn't really progress plot wise in dose books. Dany aat in meereen doing nothing nobody cared abt up to d point GRRM was describing her going to d toilet while watchin d sunset. Sansa was just in d vale doing nothing with characters no one cares abt. Arya was off doing her training montage. Jon ws on d wall being all conflicted etc. The books just felt bloated with few movement plot wise
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 4:57pm On May 17, 2015
sage1000:
To be fair most of the major characters didn't really progress plot wise in dose books. Dany aat in meereen doing nothing nobody cared abt up to d point GRRM was describing her going to d toilet while watchin d sunset. Sansa was just in d vale doing nothing with characters no one cares abt. Arya was off doing her training montage. Jon ws on d wall being all conflicted etc. The books just felt bloated with few movement plot wise

Sansa actually starts develops at this point and wasnt just in the Vale with people noone vares about. I think you say that based on who your favorite character is. And although it left space for character developments, there were still some plots brewing in these books, that people seem to overlook.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by sage1000: 5:13pm On May 17, 2015
Don't get me wrong, dey develop character wise but dey are surrounded by new characters and its difficult to muster any care for them and since they aren't doing much away from any known character, it makes it boring. I ended up skipping a lot of their chapters. It also doesn't help that germ had made it difficult to care for them
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by suyamasta(m): 5:58pm On May 17, 2015
Gbola5:

Woah...no way Tyrion is fair...he's wise though...
I noticed that Tyrion considers the feelings of others in his actions and tries not to hurt others except its absolutely neccessary! thats Fairness!
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by sage1000: 6:00pm On May 17, 2015
I think dat reply was a pun. Tyrion is ugly not fair cheesy

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 6:24pm On May 17, 2015
Woah, i was just reading previous post, and some guys were trying to justify the Red Wedding. I'll have to say, their accounts were really short sighted. Really ?! They called it fair.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by ApexTitan(m): 7:27pm On May 17, 2015
They held each other close,
And turned their backs upon the end,
The hills that split asunder,
And the black that ate the skies,
The flames that shot so high and hot,
That even dragons burned,
Would never be the final sights,
That fell upon their eyes,
A fly upon a wall,
The waves the sea wind,
Whipped and churned,
The city of a thousand years,
And all that men had learned,
The Doom consumed them all alike,
And neither of them turned.

The poem Tyrion and Ser Jorah recited on the smoking sea.
Maybe I should have posted this in the ASOIAF book section?

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 10:51pm On May 17, 2015
Gbola5:
A portion of scripted material, that absolutely makes no
sense at all and should have
never been created by the
writers to begin with. A bump
in the plot so bad that it kills any
suspension of disbelief the
viewer had.

Yeah. And nothing you mentioned does that.

Jon could not go after bran cos of his dedication to the nights watch.

The red wedding has served it's purpose (there is still room for more if the writers deem fit)

You talk as if everything must be done right now. If there are "plotholes" in GoT, it's not what you mentioned.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 10:56pm On May 17, 2015
Gbola5:
Woah, i was just reading previous post, and some guys were trying to justify the Red Wedding. I'll have to say, their accounts were really short sighted. Really ?! They called it fair.

When I watched that season again, I realised Robb had it coming. He felt he could just do anything he likes and get away with it. His mom warned him, he didn't listen.

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (859) (Reply)

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) / Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.