Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,940 members, 7,821,295 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:04 AM

Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) - TV/Movies (693) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) (1093576 Views)

[SPOILERS ALERT] MARVELS Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D - Fan Thread / Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene / Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (690) (691) (692) (693) (694) (695) (696) ... (859) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by philfearon(m): 3:28pm On Apr 29, 2019
crixuss:

Don't you guys think? Like seriously though? Everything seems to be either white or black for you guys. It's as if your reasoning lacks nuance. How does my comment equate to hating women? I rightly said "warped feminism" which implies that I am referring to a version of feminism that's been inverted and turned into something that doesn't mirror what true feminism is.

I have no issues with women winning battles or being portrayed as powerful, but men shouldn't be relegated to being portrayed as weak and useless for this to happen.

@bolded, how exactly was men portrayed to be weak in the just concluded episode? Because the last time i checked, only three females actually saw battle in the episode : Lady Mormont, Ser Briene and Arya.
So how exactly were men portrayed to be weak?

6 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 3:31pm On Apr 29, 2019
Magnifico2000:

And some people feel Arya is too wee and not qualified to kill the Nigh king

Are you minding those people? Low budget DB Weiss and David Beinoff dem. Talking about Feminist agenda. Zero Sense!

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Ibunkun1(m): 3:31pm On Apr 29, 2019
Hmmmm,it seems rhaegal didn't die ooo.who else saw two dragons flying over winterfell as Sansa looked on in the trailer for episode 4
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Ksslib(m): 3:32pm On Apr 29, 2019
Magnifico2000:

And some people feel Arya is too wee and not qualified to kill the Nigh king
No. I don't think most people have a problem with Arya killing Ojuju calaba -- not me certainly.

I think the problem is that it was too simplistic & unexpected, for a character we've all been anticipating since Season 1. I mean, the first scene , as in the very first scene of GOT was about the Night King/white walkers. So it's only normal for people to feel disappointed if a long-term emotional investment doesn't pay off at the end.

The disappoinment is normal. Disappoinment also means you admit something is good. Afterall I can never be disappointed by Nollywood.

If even GRRM himself can be disappointed with these people he works with, how much more the viewers? It is said that GRRM is yet to recover from the disappoinment of the producers refusing to reincarnate Catelyn Stark as Lady Stone-heart ---- a cold-hearted woman who never spoke cos her throat was slit in her past life, determined to track down and kill everyone associated with the Red wedding. I haven't read the books yet though but heard she reincarnated there.

As for we viewers, we were expecting an epic finale kind of.

Maybe a catastrophic mixture of Jon, Brienne, Tormund, Berric, Grey-worm, Clegane & Arya all fighting the Night King at once. That would have been glorious!!!

Then just when the Night King thinks he's defeated them all, Arya from nowhere descends on him like a falcon and kills him just how she did it.

Yea something like that.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Daeylar(f): 3:32pm On Apr 29, 2019
newsheriffintown:
You guys failed to understand that the NK was killed by more than one god

god of light=Mellisandre motivated the god of many face

god of many face =Arya

god of werewoods= prepared the place

And the new gods

Note : since the beginning of the show ,the gods have never agree on anything let alone work together ,there worshippers always waiting for an opportunity to kill each other,BUt on the last day they work together ,motivated the other and defeated the NK

What do the god of light say to the god of death ,not today

This a lesson for our religious leaders to follow ,WORLD PEACE can only be achieve if the Christians ,Muslims, JEWS ,Hindi etc come together as ONE BODY to fight together if not on judgement day will cannot defeat our own NK SATAN THE DEVIL

LMAO grin grin

GMan650:

Lol... Ksslib what ya say

Lol, really reads like something ksslib would type. grin grin
drawing similarities between G.O.T happenings and the real world, Then draw up one hilarious conclusion for the real world based on what happened in G.O.T. grin

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by kay9(m): 3:41pm On Apr 29, 2019
Magnifico2000:
The people I admire on this thread and I'm gonna miss after the show are as follows. *Sobs*

Seun
Ksillib
Gman365
Meforkene
Aryasand
Yonce
Cybertext
Kay9

Add yours.

Don't say
"We've come now to the end";
White shores are calling,
You and I will meet again.

(Annie Lennox - Into the West)
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by oyetpel(m): 3:41pm On Apr 29, 2019
philfearon:

What exactly is your argument bro?

Just like another person has said there is only one big tree in godswood, and that is the weirwood.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by philfearon(m): 3:42pm On Apr 29, 2019
crixuss:
This thread has made me learn a very important lesson that bears on why Nigeria is the way it is. Nigerians really hate criticism. People are honestly airing their opinions on what they don't like about the last episode and some people are saying they should keep their opinions to themselves, enjoy the show or go make their own. Really? So if I am a medical doctor and I purchase a car produced by an engineer and there are certain parts of the car that I don't like. I shouldn't complain? I should just enjoy it? Wouldn't it be stupid if I was told to go and make my own car since I don't like that one? What business does a Doctor have with making cars? Are the producers of the show not selling the show? Wasn't the data I used to download this episode not bought with my own money? Shouldn't I have the right to criticise what I purchase?

What you Nigerians do not realise is that development doesn't happen without criticism. No wonder almost every sector in Nigeria is fraught with mediocrity and stagnation. If you are so riled up by someone pointing out errors from an episode of a show you like, I wonder how you'd react when someone criticises something you invested time in creating. The Western science that you enjoy its benefits is founded upon thousands and thousands of critiques and flaw checking. Without all this it wouldn't have evolved to produce the technology and medical benefits that we enjoy today.

WITHOUT CRITICISM THERE IS NO DEVELOPMENT.
Criticism is a welcome idea anywhere... However, the one thing you didn't factor into your comment is the fact that this is just a movie, and sci-fi at that. It is not real, and is merely fantasy.
If you give 1000 directors this episode to direct, they will give you 1000 ways this episode could have gone. And no matter how they do direct this episode, a lot of people must complain as to what didn't go right.
You can't be in your room and be fuming with anger because an episode didn't go how you wanted it to go... You are not the directors, producers,financiers nor the script and screenwriters, and you certainly know nothing about the plot of the show.
It is utterly foolish and silly to lay your criticism of a show based on how a particular thing you were expecting didn't happen...
I repeat, it is utterly useless and föolish to lay your criticism of a show based on how a particular moment you were expecting didn't happen.
The show runners have stuck with what worked for them and created a show with worldwide cult following.
If you believe you can do better, it's a free world. No-one gives an absolute fück about the fact that you expected something else and was blessed with a twist not a single theorist saw coming.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by TVSA: 3:42pm On Apr 29, 2019
philfearon:

@bolded, how exactly was men portrayed to be weak in the just concluded episode? Because the last time i checked, only three females actually saw battle in the episode : Lady Mormont, Ser Briene and Arya.
I'm surprised how people didn't see the valor of Beric, Sandor, Jorah, Theon and Jon when he was ready to fight the night king one on one. People will always see what they want to see

6 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Ksslib(m): 3:44pm On Apr 29, 2019
GMan650:

Lol... Ksslib what ya say
Lmao.. Yes, I smoke weed..... but that guy is clearly into Cocaine... grin

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by philfearon(m): 3:49pm On Apr 29, 2019
oyetpel:

Just like another person has said there is only one big tree in godswood, and that is the weirwood.
I have not argued against that na... I only said there were many trees in godswood!
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by SIRcumalot: 3:50pm On Apr 29, 2019
I wasn't planning on reading the books whenever it comes out but I kinda have to now. George ending has to be better than this.

The whole episode just they make me laff grin

3 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by philfearon(m): 3:50pm On Apr 29, 2019
TVSA:

I'm surprised how people didn't see the valor of Beric, Sandor, Jorah, Theon and Jon when he was ready to fight the night king one on one. People will always see what they want to see
Maybe no be the same episode we watch wey dem watch! grin cheesy
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by philfearon(m): 3:53pm On Apr 29, 2019
Ksslib:

No. I don't think most people have a problem with Arya killing Ojuju calaba -- not me certainly.

I think the problem is that it was too simplistic & unexpected, for a character we've all been anticipating since Season 1. I mean, the first scene , as in the very first scene of GOT was about the Night King/white walkers. So it's only normal for people to feel disappointed if a long-term emotional investment doesn't pay off at the end.

The disappoinment is normal. Disappoinment also means you admit something is good. Afterall I can never be disappointed by Nollywood.

If even GRRM himself can be disappointed with these people he works with, how much more the viewers? It is said that GRRM is yet to recover from the disappoinment of the producers refusing to reincarnate Catelyn Stark as Lady Stone-heart ---- a cold-hearted woman who never spoke cos her throat was slit in her past life, determined to track down and kill everyone associated with the Red wedding. I haven't read the books yet though but heard she reincarnated there.

Maybe a catastrophic mixture of Jon, Brienne, Tormund, Berric, Grey-worm, Clegane & Arya all fighting the Night King at once. That would have been glorious!!!

Then just when the Night King thinks he's defeated them all, Arya from nowhere descends on him like a falcon and kills him just how she did it.

Yea something like that.
Apparently, you think GOT is Avengers:Endgame and that the NK is Thanos!
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Funaki: 3:57pm On Apr 29, 2019
is this the end of the fight with the dead? what about the trailer that showed Jon, Sansa and Arya in the crypt with their already erected statues?

6 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 3:57pm On Apr 29, 2019
philfearon:

People are blind, especially when it comes to something that triggers them emotionally. You asked a valid question and I'm waiting for him/her to respond.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by ntyce(m): 3:57pm On Apr 29, 2019
alexistaiwo:
You are very mistaken.

Before Dany was a foreign invader with a bunch of dangerous toys but Dany has the whole North behind her now and that should count for something.

What's left of the Northern Army?

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Dami12345: 3:57pm On Apr 29, 2019
crixuss:

This screenshot has a perfect reply for this crap you just posted, especially the first comment.

It turns out the real movie is just about a battle between women.
Feminist crap shuffed down our throats again.
They ruin a good series just to tell us women are better than men angry angry

9 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by JhyMedex: 4:01pm On Apr 29, 2019
Ksslib:

Yea something like that.

Dis is wat I'm talkin abt...U my good sir shld av written the script for this episode...A great battle in d godswood wld av bn a way more epic ending for the NK..

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by fecta: 4:02pm On Apr 29, 2019
Everyone is arguing here well this is my opinion.

* The tittle of the series is game of thrones not white walkers

* some people here don't know that R R Martin only write the books and is not involved in directing the series, he is not through with the books SEFF so the ending in the series will surely be different.

* Now how can they hype up the NK just for him to be one shot like that, even thanos try seff.

* the best character this episode was theon hands down.

* biggest loser was the NK.

* I STILL BELIEVE THAT HALF OF THE MAIN CHARACTER WILL DIE BEFORE THE END OF THE SERIES.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by crixuss(m): 4:03pm On Apr 29, 2019
philfearon:

Criticism is a welcome idea anywhere... However, the one thing you didn't factor into your comment is the fact that this is just a movie, and sci-fi at that. It is not real, and is merely fantasy.
If you give 1000 directors this episode to direct, they will give you 1000 ways this episode could have gone. And no matter how they do direct this episode, a lot of people must complain as to what didn't go right.
You can't be in your room and be fuming with anger because an episode didn't go how you wanted it to go... You are not the directors, producers,financiers nor the script and screenwriters, and you certainly know nothing about the plot of the show.
It is utterly foolish and silly to lay your criticism of a show based on how a particular thing you were expecting didn't happen...
I repeat, it is utterly useless and föolish to lay your criticism of a show based on how a particular moment you were expecting didn't happen.
The show runners have stuck with what worked for them and created a show with worldwide cult following.
If you believe you can do better, it's a free world. No-one gives an absolute fück about the fact that you expected something else and was blessed with a twist not a single theorist saw coming.
So, fück you and fück your silly generalisation, àsshole!

Anyone with a brain can easily tell who the angry person is between the two of us. And to be honest with you, it's quite worrying that you'd be so upset even to the point of insulting a stranger just because he pointed out flaws in a Tvshow you like. Are you sure you are not 5 years old?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Eberex(m): 4:03pm On Apr 29, 2019
AryaSand:

Let's just calm down, We still have 4more Episodes to go

4 what? Are you watching Game of thrones season 8 or Lords of the ring?

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by JhyMedex: 4:07pm On Apr 29, 2019
philfearon:

Oga, next time shut the fück up. Whinies like you are always quick to think you can do better, but the opportunity is here for you to do better, you are running.
GOT didn't get Worldwide cult following by listening to sissies like you!

whinnies?...Lol

I'm of a mind to lay in2 u 7 different ways bt I'm not gon ruin dis thread by engaging a lowlife..

Lets jst enjoy d rest of d discourse...

Goodluck Again..

3 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 4:16pm On Apr 29, 2019
Ksslib:

Yea something like that.

And we thought you even understood GOT.

GOT doesn't roll according to viewers expections. Please get that right to avoid further disappointments.

And there's something many people are missing here. The NK is actually just a distraction from the main aim of the show. The main aim of this show is not to KILL the NK but the THRONE and who sits on it. Why waste too much time on this while other more pressing issues remain to be attended to?

Now that he's out of the way, we can go ahead with the original purpose of the show-THE THRONE. Maybe then you'll get the big combat you're expecting cheesy

Let me remind you all that the name of the show is GAME OF THRONES, not WINTER IS COMING

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by GMan650(m): 4:19pm On Apr 29, 2019
Ksslib:

Lmao.. Yes, I smoke weed..... but that guy is clearly into Cocaine... grin

Lol
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 4:19pm On Apr 29, 2019
Who has better link to download episode 3 abeg
I don find am tire
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by philfearon(m): 4:27pm On Apr 29, 2019
JhyMedex:

whinnies?...Lol

I'm of a mind to lay in2 u 7 different ways bt I'm not gon ruin dis thread by engaging a lowlife..

Lets jst enjoy d rest of d discourse...

Goodluck Again..
Better quit watching now... We don't need another whining next week!!!

Oh i forgot, you can't quit...

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by longlife101: 4:31pm On Apr 29, 2019
OJLion:
Who has better link to download episode 3 abeg
I don find am tire
Please someone should drop a very good HD link, if possible with subtitles.

~Downloaded one so dark I can't even see the burning fires let alone the actions...
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by philfearon(m): 4:32pm On Apr 29, 2019
crixuss:

Anyone with a brain can easily tell who the angry person is between the two of us. And to be honest with you, it's quite worrying that you'd be so upset even to the point of insulting a stranger and his generation just because he pointed out flaws in a Tvshow you like. Are you sure you are not 5 years old?
Can't you read?
Obviously, you can't!
Why would i involve your generation in this talk... I simply said, FÙCK YOU!

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by JhyMedex: 4:38pm On Apr 29, 2019
philfearon:
Better quit watching now... We don't need another whining next week!!!
Oh i forgot, you can't quit...
Oh...Nw i get it... It's a kid behind d moniker...grin..

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Endy10(m): 4:40pm On Apr 29, 2019
MaziOmenuko:
Brown eyes, green eyes...

...and blue eyes.

Melisandrea just made Arya realize she could also wear the face of a knight walker and get closer to the knight king which she did....and bam!!!!

Winter is over!

shocked
WHAT THE F?
This one is the last straw...
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by philfearon(m): 4:42pm On Apr 29, 2019
JhyMedex:

Oh...Nw i get it...
It's a kid behind d moniker...grin..
Lol... It's always easy to get a pretender to show off their real selves!!! angry grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (690) (691) (692) (693) (694) (695) (696) ... (859) (Reply)

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) / Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.