Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,741 members, 7,824,139 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:10 AM

Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) - TV/Movies (696) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) (1094371 Views)

[SPOILERS ALERT] MARVELS Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D - Fan Thread / Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene / Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (693) (694) (695) (696) (697) (698) (699) ... (859) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Endy10(m): 6:20pm On Apr 29, 2019
Ksslib:
The Night king had better not be dead. Even if na super glue dem go use, his council of elders should better glue his glassy ass back together in preparation for the final battle cos we weeeee not take this.

How can the battle of the Night King be relegated to the background for that of Cersei's? A whole Night king?

A god that survived inside harmattan for 1000 years without Vaseline. No no no!! We can't take this..

The moment Cercie refused to send troops to the north, I knew the battle with the dead wouldn't be the last battle. It meant the north were on their own and the dead were coming for them.

Given the number of key characters in the north, I knew it was a battle they were going to win. They just had to win. Actor no dey die (except Ned, Rob, Ed, Beric, Theon... They are many)

So I was prepared.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Endy10(m): 6:21pm On Apr 29, 2019
meforkene:
Inferiority complex has finished that crixuss guy.
I mean we are here to give our own analyses and gist about the show....this guy carry another viewers' views from reddit and co enter.
tufiakwa...complete biscuit bone. cry
If them call you monkey now you go cry racism.

Lol
Another viewers view
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Endy10(m): 6:22pm On Apr 29, 2019
Magnifico2000:

Hahahahaha.. u don finish crixuss. Lol.. are you saying Samwell Tarly is braver than crixuss??

Chineke!
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Akinya17: 6:24pm On Apr 29, 2019
[quote author=meforkene post=77960770]Arya's weapon play was amazing. She was really having fun killing those wights. [/quote

Did you notice the way Ser Davos looked at her after she killed those wights ? grin

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by MaziOmenuko: 6:30pm On Apr 29, 2019
Well, I understand the anti-climax associated with the 'ordinary' killing of the night king...it kind'a looks too conventional to hype a character that much and then take him off in a whim. Many expected a fight to the finish, probably this episode would have been reserved for the last. There seem not to be any other intriguing warfare or scintillating plot-line to keep viewers in suspense.

Anyway, my own be say those two dragons no do the kind damage I been dey expect dem to. Infact, at a time I felt they were just flying around aimlessly. There are a lot of plot-holes shaa, but then that is why it is a movie. As for Arya and the Night king scene, I felt Arya took one of the faces of the night walkers; maybe one of those flanking the night king. Just notice seconds before Arya 'flew' in, one of the knight walkers flinched kind of, or more like heard a sound and wondered where it was coming from.

Me, I was just wondering what the night king wants with Bran. Just to kill him? why make so much drama out of it? I thought dude wanted a human soul to harvest or something. So all the killing and raising of army is just to kill a boy?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Cybertext(m): 6:31pm On Apr 29, 2019
Fadedvoices2:
Nobody seems to have a answer to my question

Of what use is bran now that there’s no more night king?

He can see cercie"s plans and strategies

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by dljbd1(m): 6:36pm On Apr 29, 2019
MaziOmenuko:
Well, I understand the anti-climax associated with the 'ordinary' killing of the night king...it kind'a looks too conventional to hype a character that much and then take him off in a whim. Many expected a fight to the finish, probably this episode would have been reserved for the last. There seem not to be any other intriguing warfare or scintillating plot-line to keep viewers in suspense.

Anyway, my own be say those two dragons no do the kind damage I been dey expect dem to. Infact, at a time I felt they were just flying around aimlessly. There are a lot of plot-holes shaa, but then that is why it is a movie. As for Arya and the Night king scene, I felt Arya took one of the faces of the night walkers; maybe one of those flanking the night king. Just notice seconds before Arya 'flew' in, one of the knight walkers flinched kind of, or more like heard a sound and wondered where it was coming from.

Me, I was just wondering what the night king wants with Bran. Just to kill him? why make so much drama out of it? I thought dude wanted a human soul to harvest or something. So all the killing and raising of army is just to kill a boy?
It could be to transfer his consciousness into Bran's body so he can have additional powers. lipsrsealed
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Yonce(f): 6:36pm On Apr 29, 2019
Endy10:

Thank God. Someone watched till the End
That's to show the level of thinking put into GOT. Most of the scenes we are watching now were written years back. I don't think the writers do 'spur of the moment's writing. Every scene we watch has been properly planned out and there is always a story...a reason behind it.

Making Arya kill NK was more of shock value than a natural progression.
I watched the interview and he said "Most people thought Jon would be the one to kill him, but we already decided it'll be Arya."

If it wasn't Jon's destiny, why bother us with tales of the long light, Lord of Light, Azor ahai, prince that was promised whose song is be that of ice and fire.
Why did Rhaegar dump Elia for Lyanna to conceive Jon if Arya was going to kill NK all along. lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by GRIMMJOE(m): 6:37pm On Apr 29, 2019
MaziOmenuko:

Its a very stupid series, I'm going to save money to buy the DVD so I can shít on it.

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Yonce(f): 6:41pm On Apr 29, 2019
MaziOmenuko:

It was interesting to watch Viserion go from singlehandedly taking down a magical mountainous wall in season 7 to not being able to destroy the small brick wall Jon kept hiding behind grin grin

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by prodigyhenry: 6:44pm On Apr 29, 2019
I personally think episode 3 was great. J mean very lovely. Great battles, poor lightening though It could have been much better than that. But like most people here I am quite disappointed at the ending. Not because Arya killed NK( Arya has been my favorite character of GoT from the get go) I always saw that coming, she had been built up to that standard. But NK's death was really anticlimactic, it's crazy that we're been anticipating this battle and boom it ends just like that?. I am not one of those who think the battle should go more than an episode but I think that's just a shitty ending to what could have been the greatest villain in entertainment for the past century. How badass could a villain be, a villain who doesn't talk, a billion who wants death to the whole world, a villain who raises the dead with just a flick of his thoughts a villain who can see the past and present. I mean even Almighty thanos wanted just half of the universe dead but NK wanted the whole world dead so that he can raise them up and then rule them, that's extremely BADASS.

I just find it very annoying that the most anticipated moment of the show ended without my h funfair. I won't even go into the plot holes in that scene but as someone here challenged others to write their own better ending. I'd do something with the same ending, cast and location with what we saw on the show, mind you I am a terrible writer.

NK approaches Bran, Bran sees this because he has already warged ravens and knows the location of the NK. He knows that the ironborns and theon can't save him. So he attempts to warg a dragon, the dragon flied towards him and the approaching NK, then while in flight the warged dragon sees Arya losing terribly to an army of wights the dragon saves Arya and then takes Arya for the ride towards NK(don't say Arya can't ride a warged dragon). Because if the delay trying to save Arya the NK has killed off the iron born and is doing his thing on theon the dragon get to weirwood and begins to fight the army of the NK. The NK is taken aback a little when he sees the dragon but leaves his army to work it out, the dragon is doing a pretty nice job with Arya on the dragon shooting arrows or throwing knives(we know from season 1 that Arya is a decent archer). The NK sees that the dragon is under bran's control so he slaps bran or does something the Dragon falls after been unwarged, Arya falls to the ground as well.

The white walkers approaches the dragon to finish it up and then. The dragon fights back, that's continues while the NK takes hold of bran. Then from no where Arya does her thing and kills the NK.

That for me would be a less anticlimactic ending..

My hero of the episode though was lady mormot, it was so painful to watch her die. She is probably a dragon herself, so much fire in her. Would have wanted to see her input in the final battle but dying to that giant is probably the best way to kill off that character. Please if you want to counter my story I'd love of you're polite about it. I am no writer and i don't claim to be better than D&grin. I just aired my opinion that's all.

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Magnifico2000: 6:46pm On Apr 29, 2019
Yonce:

It was interesting to watch Viserion go from singlehandedly taking down a magical mountainous wall in season 7 to not being able to destroy the small brick wall Jon kept hiding behind grin grin
Hahahahaha... Ur sense of humour is second to none...
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by longlife101: 6:48pm On Apr 29, 2019
longlife101:
Please someone should drop a very good HD link, if possible with subtitles.

~Downloaded one so dark I can't even see the burning fires let alone the actions...
So no one wanna share?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Magnifico2000: 6:49pm On Apr 29, 2019
Please feel free to compare nightking to Thanos but please do not give us Endgame spoilers abeg.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Magnifico2000: 6:51pm On Apr 29, 2019
longlife101:
Please someone should drop a very good HD link, if possible with subtitles.

~Downloaded one so dark I can't even see the burning fires let alone the actions...
U get problem o and u don't have anyone to tell you. Is it not still the same dark one, we are downloaded and are all watching and enjoying. Abeggi go reddit go find ur HD link.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by longlife101: 6:54pm On Apr 29, 2019
Magnifico2000:

U get problem o and u don't have anyone to tell you. Is it not still the same dark one, we are downloaded and are all watching and enjoying. Abeggi go reddit go find ur HD link.
Is that so?

Anyone with the HD link kindly share
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Magnifico2000: 7:00pm On Apr 29, 2019
prodigyhenry:
I personally think episode 3 was great. J mean very lovely. Great battles, poor lightening though It could have been much better than that. But like most people here I am quite disappointed at the ending. Not because Arya killed NK( Arya has been my favorite character of GoT from the get go) I always saw that coming, she had been built up to that standard. But NK's death was really anticlimactic, it's crazy that we're been anticipating this battle and boom it ends just like that?. I am not one of those who think the battle should go more than an episode but I think that's just a shitty ending to what could have been the greatest villain in entertainment for the past century. How badass could a villain be, a villain who doesn't talk, a billion who wants death to the whole world, a villain who raises the dead with just a flick of his thoughts a villain who can see the past and present. I mean even Almighty thanos wanted just half of the universe dead but NK wanted the whole world dead so that he can raise them up and then rule them, that's extremely BADASS.

I just find it very annoying that the most anticipated moment of the show ended without my h funfair. I won't even go into the plot holes in that scene but as someone here challenged others to write their own better ending. I'd do something with the same ending, cast and location with what we saw on the show, mind you I am a terrible writer.

NK approaches Bran, Bran sees this because he has already warged ravens and knows the location of the NK. He knows that the ironborns and theon can't save him. So he attempts to warg a dragon, the dragon flied towards him and the approaching NK, then while in flight the warged dragon sees Arya losing terribly to an army of wights the dragon saves Arya and then takes Arya for the ride towards NK(don't say Arya can't ride a warged dragon). Because if the delay trying to save Arya the NK has killed off the iron born and is doing his thing on theon the dragon get to weirwood and begins to fight the army of the NK. The NK is taken aback a little when he sees the dragon but leaves his army to work it out, the dragon is doing a pretty nice job with Arya on the dragon shooting arrows or throwing knives(we know from season 1 that Arya is a decent archer). The NK sees that the dragon is under bran's control so he slaps bran or does something the Dragon falls after been unwarged, Arya falls to the ground as well.

The white walkers approaches the dragon to finish it up and then. The dragon fights back, that's continues while the NK takes hold of bran. Then from no where Arya does her thing and kills the NK.

That for me would be a less anticlimactic ending..

My hero of the episode though was lady mormot, it was so painful to watch her die. She is probably a dragon herself, so much fire in her. Would have wanted to see her input in the final battle but dying to that giant is probably the best way to kill off that character. Please if you want to counter my story I'd love of you're polite about it. I am no writer and i don't claim to be better than D&grin. I just aired my opinion that's all.
Hahahahaha. This is the funniest thing I have read today. Hahahahahah. I swear you are funny.
If the nightking had died with this your crooked storyline. I would have just gave up on the show.
Well, you tried, everyone can also write their own opinion of how the nightking would have died.
That is why it is not our show. The show runners see what they see and gave it to is.

Hold my beer let me laugh small again.
That part you said the Nightking slaps bran killed me... grin

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by chiboy1116: 7:02pm On Apr 29, 2019
SIRcumalot:
I wasn't planning on reading the books whenever it comes out but I kinda have to now. George ending has to be better than this.

The whole episode just they make me laff grin
it's far better.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by LeSulk(m): 7:03pm On Apr 29, 2019
Magnifico2000:

Tell 'em

HD or SuperHD it's all the same
This episode is dark and full of terrors.

But now that we're through with Walking Dead and we're back to Game of Thrones, do you see Dany losing her faithful advisor as a big setback. Can she and Sansa finally be on the same page?

3 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Ksslib(m): 7:07pm On Apr 29, 2019
That scene where the Night King rose all the dead fighters for round two against a baffled Jamie & co cracked me up.

Jamie and his crew were looking at all the dead like --- "Come oh!! Is this even allowed? Which kain ojoro be this na?".

Reminds me of those days growing up.... my mum will allow you wash all the plates. Just when you're about to rinse your hands, dry plates of eba will just start flying from nowhere like viserion & drogon.. That woman!

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Eberex(m): 7:07pm On Apr 29, 2019
[quote author=iomoge2 post=77962221] because the dragon can’t kill one with the dragon blood
Dead or alive
The dragon knows jon [/quot

Hahahahahaha I laugh in Greek. A zombie dragon knows John is a dragon, hahahaha
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Magnifico2000: 7:08pm On Apr 29, 2019
LeSulk:

Tell 'em

HD or SuperHD it's all the same
This episode is dark and full of terrors.

But now that we're through with Walking Dead and we're back to Game of Thrones, do you see Dany losing her faithful advisor as a big setback. Can she and Sansa finally be on the same page?
Tyrion and Sansa marriage doesn't mean he can't advise Dany anymore...
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by prodigyhenry: 7:09pm On Apr 29, 2019
Magnifico2000:

Hahahahaha. This is the funniest thing I have read today. Hahahahahah. I swear you are funny.
If the nightking had died with this your crooked storyline. I would have just gave up on the show.
Well, you tried, everyone can also write their own opinion of how the nightking would have died.
That is why it is not our show. The show runners see what they see and gave it to is.

Hold my beer let me laugh small again.
That part you said the Nightking slaps bran killed me... grin

Lol that was for comic relief grin

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Fadedvoices2: 7:14pm On Apr 29, 2019
Cybertext:

He can see cercie"s plans and strategies

I don’t believe that
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Eberex(m): 7:15pm On Apr 29, 2019
MaziOmenuko:

Arya didn't wear any mask. The moment she left the hound and the witch , she ran and didn't stop running until she got to where Bran was, and then hid. Even Bran may not have seen her, knowing how clever she is with not being seen. The night king was close enough for her to leap. From the leap she was probably up a tree or something.

The night king wanted Bran because from what Bran said, its what he has always done with the former three eyed ravens that have come and gone. What does the three eyed ravens possess? Knowledge of humanity. Knowledge of history, past and present, which the three eyed ravens possess. If he kills Bran, he would succeed in wiping out history of humanity. There will not be a continuity and thus humanity would be clueless.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Fadedvoices2: 7:17pm On Apr 29, 2019
Yonce:

Making Arya kill NK was more of shock value than a natural progression.
I watched the interview and he said "Most people thought Jon would be the one to kill him, but we already decided it'll be Arya."

If it wasn't Jon's destiny, why bother us with tales of the long light, Lord of Light, Azor ahai, prince that was promised whose song is be that of ice and fire.
Why did Rhaegar dump Elia for Lyanna to conceive Jon if Arya was going to kill NK all along. lipsrsealed

You have patriarchal and misogynistic tendencies even though you’re a female .
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Magnifico2000: 7:19pm On Apr 29, 2019
longlife101:
Is that so?

Anyone with the HD link kindly share
Go reddit abeg... U go see am dere
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Isomerizm(m): 7:22pm On Apr 29, 2019
Nnaabros:

And we thought you even understood GOT.

GOT doesn't roll according to viewers expections. Please get that right to avoid further disappointments.

And there's something many people are missing here. The NK is actually just a distraction from the main aim of the show. The main aim of this show is not to KILL the NK but the THRONE and who sits on it. Why waste too much time on this while other more pressing issues remain to be attended to?

Now that he's out of the way, we can go ahead with the original purpose of the show-THE THRONE. Maybe then you'll get the big combat you're expecting cheesy

Let me remind you all that the name of the show is GAME OF THRONES, not WINTER IS COMING
You'all really be clutching to straws. The title is now your last straw, yeah?

The Night King's menace and the long night anticipation started from the very first episode of GoT, with enough emphasis for us to think the throne was actually a distraction from what we thought would be the silencing war. You know how much screen time has, hitherto, been dedicated to The coming of The Night King? And The Long Night? And now that the writers cum directors have thrown us into a plunge of LOGICAL anticipation, boom! We smash on a rock of some ridiculous anticlimax.

It's now everyone now hypocritically remembers that the title is Game of Thrones. Even those who have rooted for TNK since Hardome.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Yonce(f): 7:23pm On Apr 29, 2019
Fadedvoices2:

You have patriarchal and misogynistic tendencies even though you’re a female .

I'm not certain you know what those words mean cheesy

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by trustbaba(m): 7:25pm On Apr 29, 2019
Uhtred:
Jon Snow told an undead dragon to meet him at the junction, no squad, no weapons, just man to man. And you people still saying “Jon wAs uSeLeSs iN tHiS ePiSodE”.

Jon Snow threw the Night King from his dragon, chased after him and told him that the smoke was free and readily available. Night King didn’t want those problems & ran off to go bully a paraplegic.

You will respect King Aegon.
you are valid..all those people abusing aegon, it will surprise them at the end.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Magnifico2000: 7:30pm On Apr 29, 2019
GMan650:

BrainiacX Gbola5 and of course you
It's been long gbola5 posted anything here.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by HanksAnuku: 7:31pm On Apr 29, 2019
Sansa being sent to the crypts like a 2 year old, on her account of her incompetence, just highlights exactly how useless she is.

The lady of winterfell, owner of the house, the onile, bundled underground, whilst the little gobshite Lyanna stayed up, and even murked a giant ffs.

(1) (2) (3) ... (693) (694) (695) (696) (697) (698) (699) ... (859) (Reply)

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) / Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.