Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,028 members, 7,818,032 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:38 AM

Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) - TV/Movies (695) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) (1091730 Views)

[SPOILERS ALERT] MARVELS Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D - Fan Thread / Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene / Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (692) (693) (694) (695) (696) (697) (698) ... (859) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Cybertext(m): 5:38pm On Apr 29, 2019
Magnifico2000:
The people I admire on this thread and I'm gonna miss after the show are as follows. *Sobs*

Seun
Ksillib
Gman365
Meforkene
Aryasand
Yonce
Cybertext
Kay9

Add yours.

Valar Morghulis grin

I'm gonna miss your trivial questions also..lol shocked

3 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by SageMK: 5:39pm On Apr 29, 2019
Wow. I am breathless.

First, let me start by saying this is the most intense and emotional fighting scene ever in the history of TV. Wow!

Secondly, there are no disappointments. cool

Yes, the night King's death was so easy but it was the best way to cast him off. I understand a lot of people expected more but no character in the series can stand against him except Arya. So it had to be this way!

Arya is bae. Lady mormont is bae. Daenerys is bae.

3 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by GRIMMJOE(m): 5:40pm On Apr 29, 2019
philfearon:

Apparently, you think GOT is Avengers:Endgame and that the NK is Thanos!
Bro won't that be better,imagin if thanos was single handedly defeated by Captain Marvel,randomly

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by GRIMMJOE(m): 5:40pm On Apr 29, 2019
philfearon:

Apparently, you think GOT is Avengers:Endgame and that the NK is Thanos!

Bro won't that be better,imagin if thanos was single handedly defeated by Captain Marvel,randomly
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by GMan650(m): 5:43pm On Apr 29, 2019
TVSA:

I'm surprised how people didn't see the valor of Beric, Sandor, Jorah, Theon and Jon when he was ready to fight the night king one on one. People will always see what they want to see

No.

A mad man sees what he sees - Ned

5 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by GMan650(m): 5:44pm On Apr 29, 2019
Funaki:
is this the end of the fight with the dead? what about the trailer that showed Jon, Sansa and Arya in the crypt with their already erected statues?

Are you in a hurry?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Javanian: 5:47pm On Apr 29, 2019
GMan650:

- The dagger would not have been in place hence Tyrion would not have been arrested by Cat which led to Ned being attacked by Jaime which led to War of the 5 kings. All these brought us to where we are

It was not Catelyn Stark arresting Tyrion or Jaime attacking Ned Stark that led to the war of five kings. It was Ned Stark saying Joffrey was not the rightful heir that led to the war of the five kings. Bran's storyline had nothing to do with it.

- Another angle is there would not have been a new 3ER after the former died and NK wouldn't have marked Bran so he wouldn't have crossed the Wall hence he would still be alive.

No way. The NK did not cross the wall because he marked Bran. He crossed the wall because he found a way to take down the wall and Bran had nothing to do with it. He had been moving towards the wall from s01e01 before Bran's fall and certainly long before he ever touched Bran.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by DP84: 5:48pm On Apr 29, 2019
Lana1:
Speaking from a real life point of view and my own understanding of warfare, i still dont get why they charge cavalry first in GoT battles.

Cav is not meant to be the main attacking force of any army. They are majorly supposed to be for maneuvering and outflanking enemy forces like the knights of the vale did at the battle of bastârds.

Whose idea was it to charge in all the Dothraki from the start? Charging cav head on didn't work for team Jon against Ramsay but they still proceeded to do it anyways against an enemy that outnumbered them at least 2 to 1? SMH.
It honestly doesn't make sense from a real life point of view but I believe the essence of the charge is to cascade the plot; they die, Dany abandons the the plan, charges off on her own to fight, Jon follows after her, ditching the 'we'll thought out plan' they had conceived.

I also believe it is was to heighten the fear of viewers. The Dothraki were thought to be a myth of 'screaming, insane, fearless, brutal' fighters, yet they got wiped out in less than two minutes upon coming in contact with the dead. The few that returned did so cowering in fear; preaching to our consciousness how the allied forces stood no chance against the army of the undead.

Their unwise move was to effortlessly transit and explain why Dany abandoned the plan. In my opinion, it was lazy writing. They could have chosen another reason for Dany and not that.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by 2eggs1goal: 5:48pm On Apr 29, 2019
Game of thrones not game of NK

4 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by GRIMMJOE(m): 5:50pm On Apr 29, 2019
philfearon:

@bolded, how exactly was men portrayed to be weak in the just concluded episode? Because the last time i checked, only three females actually saw battle in the episode : Lady Mormont, Ser Briene and Arya.
So how exactly were men portrayed to be weak?
The useless of Jon Snow that's how,remove him from this episode and nothing will change,remove the Dortrakis and nothing will change,remove that cockless bastard and nothing will change,why was he even protecting bran just to clearly throw away his life...

That's because men are constantly presented as being willing to sacrifice them self for others sake, with no aorta of wanting power them self,while the other type of men are "Monsters" power drunk,willing to kill,Rape,and abuse women and children.

4 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Funaki: 5:50pm On Apr 29, 2019
GMan650:

Are you in a hurry?

no, I just think there may be more
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Javanian: 5:50pm On Apr 29, 2019
kay9:

With the story so far, nothing really significant...

Catelyn would not have gone south, and Tyrion would not have been kidnapped, but that doesn't change much. Ned would have still moved against Cercei and still lose his head. The North would have still rebelled and Tywin would still ravage the Riverlands via Gregor Clagane. Catelyn would have still died during Theon's sack of Winterfell, and Tyrion would still have done everything pre- and post- Battle of Blackwater bay. The Brotherhood would most likely still have occurred, although perhaps without Beric Dondarrion.

So basically, no major plot change. smiley But then, this is all based on the story so far; Season 8: Episodes 4, 5, & 6 are still to come, and completely shrouded in mystery.

D-&-D have been winging it since they ran out of ASOIAF material in late season 5 - that's the cause of the many plot holes you've been seeing since then. But they did receive pointers of how the story would end from GRRM himself, and there is no way will GRRM end this tale with Bran's arc this haphazard.

So get yourself a bottle of JW's White Walker, and prepare to be entertained next week.

Yah, I know there is probably more to Bran than we have seen. But so far it has been much ado about nothing. I really hope he will be of much more significance in the final three episodes.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Magnifico2000: 5:51pm On Apr 29, 2019
Cybertext:

Valar Morghulis grin

I'm gonna miss your trivial questions also..lol shocked

Lol.. Valar Dohaeris..
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by GMan650(m): 5:53pm On Apr 29, 2019
Endy10:

Go watch that part again. They didn't mean that was the only way to kill the Night king. What they mean was poetic ending. That he just had to die the way he was created...Stabbed at that exact spot. I don't know the name the literature guys give that, but I know it's called something

Poetic justice
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by GRIMMJOE(m): 5:55pm On Apr 29, 2019
Dami12345:

It turns out the real movie is just about a battle between women.
Feminist crap shuffed down our throats again.
They ruin a good series just to tell us women are better than men angry angry

Women want higher paying job,equal right,but you won't see them fighting for equal Jail sentence, Equal labour in mining...

This tited beings want all the previlage men have,without the responsibility

fúck I don't even mind if they are stronger,but I hate that they drag men down while at it.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Endy10(m): 5:55pm On Apr 29, 2019
People have taken reddit to be the Alpha and Omega, forgetting they can do the reasoning themselves.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Dami12345: 5:58pm On Apr 29, 2019
GRIMMJOE:

The useless of Jon Snow that's how,remove him from this episode and nothing will change,remove the Dortrakis and nothing will change,remove that cockless bastard and nothing will change,why was he even protecting bran just to clearly throw away his life...

That's because men are constantly presented as being willing to sacrifice them self for others sake, with no aorta of wanting power them self,while the other type of men are "Monsters" power drunk,willing to kill,Rape,and abuse women and children.

Beautifully explained.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Endy10(m): 5:58pm On Apr 29, 2019
GRIMMJOE:
Stereotype bro,they want Jon to be saved by a female character in the last minute...All is left is to give him a skirt,because he's literally been saved by all the female characters in this show, even bad actress Sansa

Nelson just keep calm. You can do it. You can ignore it. Just walk away. That's it. Scroll down. See! You can't see the post again.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by GMan650(m): 5:59pm On Apr 29, 2019
Akinya17:

At that point, Jon was frustrated. He knew Bran was in serious danger and he needed to get to him while the dragon was frustrating him. He simply stood up and screamed.

Like the scream would kill the dragon grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Cybertext(m): 6:01pm On Apr 29, 2019
Uhtred:
Jon Snow told an undead dragon to meet him at the junction, no squad, no weapons, just man to man. And you people still saying “Jon wAs uSeLeSs iN tHiS ePiSodE”.

Jon Snow threw the Night King from his dragon, chased after him and told him that the smoke was free and readily available. Night King didn’t want those problems & ran off to go bully a paraplegic.

You will respect King Aegon.

I think it was Drogo (Danny's dragon) that threw the night king off... The NK already had his ice spear to finish off Rhagon and Jon before Danny appeared. Danny love to Jon snow No be here o (she has saved Jon Snow more than twice now)

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Endy10(m): 6:02pm On Apr 29, 2019
crixuss:
Game of thrones is really trying so hard to push their warped version of feminism. Let's kill off the strong male characters or make them look useless while the females save the day. Of the only female characters that died, one slayed a giant and the other was indispensable to the battle, but supposedly powerful male characters like Jon and Bran did almost nothing the entire episode.

That's it! I can't take it anymore!

Did you see where two men save a girl, the girl that eventually killed the Night king?

Did you see that brave warrior that saved the defenceless lady when she was swarmed by wights?

Did u see the dwarf summon all the courage in the world to lead the damsel through the crypt?

People see what they see...

7 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by iomoge2(f): 6:06pm On Apr 29, 2019
GMan650:

Yeah but why show it at that moment and why did Jon stand up to face a dragon defenseless and didn't die. Well, let's wait and see.
because the dragon can’t kill one with the dragon blood
Dead or alive
The dragon knows jon
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Magnifico2000: 6:08pm On Apr 29, 2019
Ksslib:

No. I don't think most people have a problem with Arya killing Ojuju calaba -- not me certainly.

I think the problem is that it was too simplistic & unexpected, for a character we've all been anticipating since Season 1. I mean, the first scene , as in the very first scene of GOT was about the Night King/white walkers. So it's only normal for people to feel disappointed if a long-term emotional investment doesn't pay off at the end.

The disappoinment is normal. Disappoinment also means you admit something is good. Afterall I can never be disappointed by Nollywood.

If even GRRM himself can be disappointed with these people he works with, how much more the viewers? It is said that GRRM is yet to recover from the disappoinment of the producers refusing to reincarnate Catelyn Stark as Lady Stone-heart ---- a cold-hearted woman who never spoke cos her throat was slit in her past life, determined to track down and kill everyone associated with the Red wedding. I haven't read the books yet though but heard she reincarnated there.

As for we viewers, we were expecting an epic finale kind of.

Maybe a catastrophic mixture of Jon, Brienne, Tormund, Berric, Grey-worm, Clegane & Arya all fighting the Night King at once. That would have been glorious!!!

Then just when the Night King thinks he's defeated them all, Arya from nowhere descends on him like a falcon and kills him just how she did it.

Yea something like that.
Lol..I am sure everyone has his or her own way of killing the night King. Everything can be the way we want it to be. Some people are thrilled with the way night King died while some are not pleased the way. I don't really like the way the night King died but I have tried to see reasons with the producers of the show.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Magnifico2000: 6:09pm On Apr 29, 2019
iomoge2:
Dead or alive
The dragon knows jon
Where is your facts on this? I don't believe this

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Lana1(m): 6:09pm On Apr 29, 2019
DP84:

It honestly doesn't make sense from a real life point of view but I believe the essence of the charge is to cascade the plot; they die, Dany abandons the the plan, charges off on her own to fight, Jon follows after her, ditching the 'we'll thought out plan' they had conceived.

I also believe it is was to heighten the fear of viewers. The Dothraki were thought to be a myth of 'screaming, insane, fearless, brutal' fighters, yet they got wiped out in less than two minutes upon coming in contact with the dead. The few that returned did so cowering in fear; preaching to our consciousness how the allied forces stood no chance against the army of the undead.

Their unwise move was to effortlessly transit and explain why Dany abandoned the plan. In my opinion, it was lazy writing. They could have chosen another reason for Dany and not that.
Great point. But my problem here is the misuse of cavalry in battles not using the destruction of the Dothraki to shape Dany's emotions and thought process.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Endy10(m): 6:11pm On Apr 29, 2019
Magnifico2000:

I get your point quite alright and I salute your intelligence. But there is something called CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM. Most of the viewers criticising some aspects of the show is because it didn't happen the way they want it to happen.
Some of them criticise who does what and why should it be like that.
Criticisms Should be objective but not making it sound as if you know more than the producers of the show.

I share your opinion of without criticism no development but it should be objective.

Now back to your analogy of buying a car built by an engineer with some defect parts YOU DONT LIKE. I like the fact that you said "YOU DONT LIKE" . The fact that you don't like it doesn't mean someone else won't like it depending on what you really want in a car.

My opinion tho.

Better oil dey your head
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by GMan650(m): 6:14pm On Apr 29, 2019
iomoge2:
Dead or alive
The dragon knows jon

Really?? I guess you're joking tho
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Endy10(m): 6:14pm On Apr 29, 2019
Ksslib:

Can an un-manned ( un-womanned, oh ye feminists) dragon spit fire on its own in the face of obvious danger?

If yes, why can't a manned(wommaned) dragon do same in the face of obvious danger, even without being told?

Haha! Correct!
Better engine dey your head.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by wanate(m): 6:14pm On Apr 29, 2019
For all dose talking about the plan b4 the battle, i have just a small thing to say to u all "No plan survives contact with the enemy". The snowstorm the night king unleashed was not even thought of by Jon nd d rest. All in all, the Dothraki charge was foolish, but twas a true scenario of a battle. Pple lose dere cool in battle nd make irrational decision. As for the death of the NK twas unexpected nd some might say anticlimatic.
The characters dat owned dis episode were Theon: he was all shades of brave and astute, kept his head on his objective which was protecting Bran, next is Lyanna Mormont: after been knocked out by d giant, she could have just layed where she was and be safe, but she knew d giant would wreck havoc nd destroy barricades, so she did wat she could to kill him, she Brave and fearless, then Jorah Mormont: He used himself as a shield for Dany, nd continued fighting till d dragon came bk. If i need a bodyguard, he'll b d ryt choice, loyal to d last.
Thats my own take.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by iomoge2(f): 6:14pm On Apr 29, 2019
Magnifico2000:

Where is your facts on this? I don't believe this
so u think any dragon can kill Danny

Google lys
Read all about the people
N investigate more

No dragon can kill it’s own
Dead or resurrected
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by DP84: 6:18pm On Apr 29, 2019
Lana1:
Great point. But my problem here is the misuse of cavalry in battles not using the destruction of the Dothraki to shape Dany's emotions and thought process.
I get. I noticed it the moment they charged and thought it was wrong on my levels. But after seeing the producers' reviews, I understood why it had to be. I share your line of thought though.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Magnifico2000: 6:19pm On Apr 29, 2019
iomoge2:
so u think any dragon can kill Danny

Google lys
Read all about the people
N investigate more

No dragon can kill it’s own
Dead or resurrected
Go and read "Dance of the Dragons".
Where dragons were fighting and killing eachother.
I'm not sure if a ressurected dragon wouldnt kill Dany or Jonsnow.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (692) (693) (694) (695) (696) (697) (698) ... (859) (Reply)

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) / Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.