Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,690 members, 7,820,403 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:19 PM

Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) - TV/Movies (728) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) (1093302 Views)

[SPOILERS ALERT] MARVELS Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D - Fan Thread / Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene / Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (725) (726) (727) (728) (729) (730) (731) ... (859) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by HanksAnuku: 5:43pm On May 04, 2019
ThothHermes:
Na you go need rest.
Jon will defeat any blood rider. Win Jorah's tournament and will probably slay Jorah in single combat.

Based on what precedent?

What duel has Jon actually won?

Ramsay Bolton had to be written completely out of character so that Jon could win.

Qhorin let Jon kill him.

Pip from gin alley was stabbed from behind.

Whitewalker was hit once with a magic sword and shattered into a million pieces

Which duel has Jon actually won as the better fighter, and not due to magic, plot armour, or divine intervention?

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nicolars(m): 5:44pm On May 04, 2019
Jon besting nightswatch recruits cheesy, recruits that were thieves, cowards, low level twats grin

Abeg cut me some slack, Jon might be a good fighter but don't compare him to got greats

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Magnifico2000: 5:45pm On May 04, 2019
silvermist:

But characters don die for this show o.. shocked
I didn't even include the sand girls.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Magnifico2000: 5:47pm On May 04, 2019
Nicolars:
Jon besting nightswatch recruits cheesy, recruits that were thieves, cowards, low level twats grin

Abeg cut me some slack, Jon might be a good fighter but don't compare him to got greats
I salute you because u normally make good contribution to this thread. But I beg to differ with this point.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by meforkene(m): 5:47pm On May 04, 2019
Based on what we've watched and what the movie told us, Jon Snow is the greatest fighter. (Tormund and Ramsey confirmed it).

Based on what we've watched alone, Oberyn Martell is wonderful. (The Mountain can't even match his style and confidence. He beat the Mountain hands down...sad episode though). Then that Ser Payne guy that uses 2 swords eh..na him be Oga boss.

But based on our common sense, I don't even think Jon can chance The Hound.

But biko who is Jamie...complete soap man..especially from what we've seen.

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Magnifico2000: 5:49pm On May 04, 2019
HanksAnuku:

Based on what precedent?

Ramsay Bolton had to be written completely out of character so that Jon could win.

Qhorin let Jon kill him.

Which duel has Jon actually won as the better fighter, and not due to magic, plot armour, or divine intervention?

Are you still on this? Jon is a great swordsman. He has grown over the course of the show. The fact that they didn't show us one on one duel doesn't mean he is not a great fighter. Please spare us this BS of jonsnow not being a great fighter.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Ruman(m): 5:50pm On May 04, 2019
trustbaba:
seriously..... Who is this one self...... Then why where people like u expecting Jon to kill the night king.... Because it will be the first duel with a good fighter?

the nightking that was king with just a blow.. apart from rising dead what made him good ?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by ThothHermes: 5:53pm On May 04, 2019
HanksAnuku:

Based on what precedent?

Qhorin let Jon kill him.

Which duel has he lost?

Ned Stark had help in defeating Arthur Dayne. Is he a good or bad fighter.

Which duel has the Mountain won as the better fighter? Is he a good or bad fighter?
What of Arya, Ser Barristan, Jaime, all of them na story.
There are no stories of Jon because we met him as a kid.
How do you think the maesters will write about Jon. A good or bad fighter.

Was Rhaeger Targaryen a good fighter? Remember Selmy and Jorah's conversation.

There is no measure by which a great fighter is determined that Jon will not pass.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Magnifico2000: 5:56pm On May 04, 2019
Everyone with his or her opinion on this thread. The fact that I'm unable to buy your opinion doesn't mean you should force it to me and my one opinion is wrong. I won't mention some people's sobriquet here. They try to force their opinions on others like they have the best understanding of the show.
Pls if after I give u two or three instances and u still don't buy my opinion which I really respect, it is better to let the conversation die.

Thank you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by HanksAnuku: 6:00pm On May 04, 2019
ThothHermes:
Which duel has he lost?

Ned Stark had help in defeating Arthur Dayne. Is he a good or bad fighter.

Which duel has the Mountain won as the better fighter? Is he a good or bad fighter?
What of Arya, Ser Barristan, Jaime, all of them na story.
There are no stories of Jon because we met him as a kid.
How do you think the maesters will write about Jon. A good or bad fighter.

Was Rhaeger Targaryen a good fighter? Remember Selmy and Jorah's conversation.

There is no measure by which a great fighter is determined that Jon will not pass.

Bros are you incapable of not straying off on tangents?

Are any of the names you've mentioned here on the list tendered by the original OP?

Go back to the original post and then try to find your way from there
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by HanksAnuku: 6:05pm On May 04, 2019
Magnifico2000:

Are you still on this? Jon is a great swordsman. He has grown over the course of the show. The fact that they didn't show us one on one duel doesn't mean he is not a great fighter. Please spare us this BS of jonsnow not being a great fighter.

I'm not quite sure you understand context or English for that matter.

Someone presented a list, and asked who the greatest was on the list.

Nobody has said everybody on that list is not a good fighter.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by trustbaba(m): 6:07pm On May 04, 2019
Ruman:

the nightking that was king with just a blow.. apart from rising dead what made him good ?
I can't argue with you on this... because u guys have belittle the night king after ep3...but I remembered at the war council, the so called great fighters gathered together, but none of them said them will help Jon in killing the night king..... They were Soo afraid.... But Jon took the courage even though he wasn't prophecied to kill him... Even cersie knows that if Jon should join Danny for war it would be difficult for her to win the war because they all knew Jon was a great fighter who have won wars and acted as a hero.... that was why she gave a condition during season 7..... This argument shouldn't have started at the first place.....

3 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Magnifico2000: 6:15pm On May 04, 2019
HanksAnuku:

I'm not quite sure you understand context or English for that matter.

Someone presented a list, and asked who the greatest was on the list.

Nobody has said everybody on that list is not a good fighter.

I said Jon is a good and great fighter. I know what I'm saying and I believe you know what you are saying too. Did we ever see Jon snow run away from a one on one duel with any great opponet/figgter? If yes, then jonsnow is not a great fighter but if NO, he is a great fighter. Shikena.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by HanksAnuku: 6:16pm On May 04, 2019
Magnifico2000:

I said Jon is a good and great fighter. I know what I'm saying and I believe you know what you are saying too. Did we ever see Jon snow run away from a one on one duel with any great opponet/figgter? If yes, then jonsnow is not a great fighter but if NO, he is a great fighter. Shikena.

Have a great day bro.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Magnifico2000: 6:17pm On May 04, 2019
trustbaba:

I can't argue with you on this... because u guys have belittle the night king after ep3...but I remembered at the war council, the so called great fighters gathered together, but none of them said them will help Jon in killing the night king..... They were Soo afraid.... But Jon took the courage even though he wasn't prophecied to kill him... Even cersie knows that if Jon should join Danny for war it would be difficult for her to win the war because they all knew Jon was a great fighter who have won wars and acted as a hero.... that was why she gave a condition during season 7..... This argument shouldn't have started at the first place.....
I stand with you on this. Let them give us a one on one duel that jonsnow has lost.
Jon snow is a great swordsman.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Magnifico2000: 6:18pm On May 04, 2019
HanksAnuku:

Have a great day bro.
Same to you too. At least u agree with me on this.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Ruman(m): 6:18pm On May 04, 2019
trustbaba:

I am not among those degrading Jon slow fighting ability, I know Jon is great fighter. But I don't like the idea of calling the nightking a good fighter, if the nightking had agreed to face Jon. Jon would have flog him to death

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by trustbaba(m): 6:20pm On May 04, 2019
Ruman:

I am not among those degrading Jon slow fighting ability, I know Jon is great fighter. But I don't like the idea of calling the nightking a good fighter, if the nightking had agreed to face Jon. Jon would have flog him to death
This is also a good point
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 6:30pm On May 04, 2019
HanksAnuku:

Have a great day bro.
you help me see LordCat? I know he comes here once in a while. embarassed
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by BafanaBafana: 6:35pm On May 04, 2019
HanksAnuku:

There's zero correlation between the bolded and the night king

The first time we heard that statement on the show, Arya was running away from danger, not towards it.

Mellisandre is also a false prophet who had never actually made any correct predictions prior to that moment, so how she looked was irrelevant.

Lord of light did not tell her anything in this case. She had to rely on a higher power - the God of Plot.
I think you need to watch that scene again. This time with open mind. When the red woman mentioned "blue eyes" Arya got a message and walked away, we could all see the renewed energy in her. She goes straight for the night king.
Me thinks you are getting too cocky about this whole stuff.

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by meforkene(m): 6:42pm On May 04, 2019
Ruman:

Na so dem dey flog.

NK that throws his ice spear like the machine 'Scorpion'. The guy is super strong. About fight, like you didn't see his WW fight Jon in Hardhome, the guy beat that rugged Thenn and Jon like thieves. Yeah Jon won. Who created the WW?

Same time NK knew that Jon would have either killed him or delayed him considerably and he didn't have that time so he just kept him busy by raising the dead.

That is to say Jon is also a great fighter.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by ThothHermes: 6:43pm On May 04, 2019
HanksAnuku:

Bros are you incapable of not straying off on tangents?

Are any of the names you've mentioned here on the list tendered by the original OP?

Go back to the original post and then try to find your way from there
Bla bla bla.
What is your criteria for a great fighter? Answer in a sentence.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Magnifico2000: 6:45pm On May 04, 2019
The remaining villians of the series are
1. Cersei
2. Euron
3. Gregor Clegane
4. Qyburn etc. Add your
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by HanksAnuku: 6:45pm On May 04, 2019
kokaneprodigy:
you help me see LordCat? I know he comes here once in a while. embarassed

Why are you like this? cheesy
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Magnifico2000: 6:47pm On May 04, 2019
Why did Lord Glover refuse to join the war at winterfell when jonsnow arrived?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Magnifico2000: 6:49pm On May 04, 2019
Can we say that winter is over since the night King is dead?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 6:51pm On May 04, 2019
HanksAnuku:

Why are you like this? cheesy

if u guys don’t send my LordCat back to sport section. I will be the “spoiler” the OP warned y’all about.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Uyiii: 6:51pm On May 04, 2019
You see something about analysis! Too much of analysis about a particular event or thing is very bad and at a point the individual involved in it starts saying rubbiish.

To say the truth, we've all seen this show and still seeing it. When too much of analysis is dropped here every now and then, it becomes very irritatingly irritating most especially when the opinions are dropped in an assertive manner and you automatically haven't seen the show because your opinion is not in alignment with theirs.

I am not gonna unfollow this thread. I almost did but remembered we've still got reasonable chaps here dropping comments and helping us clarify ambiguous happenings as at when due.

-Key word: As at when due!

19 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by trustbaba(m): 6:53pm On May 04, 2019
Magnifico2000:
Can we say that winter is over since the night King is dead?
Winter is coming is a phase used by the starks, just like hear me roar for the Lannisters....
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Magnifico2000: 6:57pm On May 04, 2019
trustbaba:

Winter is coming is a phase used by the starks, just like hear me roar for the Lannisters....
Of course I know. But there are sometimes the phrase is being said in order to allow westeros prepare for what comes with winter.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Magnifico2000: 7:01pm On May 04, 2019
Uyiii:
You see something about analysis! Too much of analysis about a particular event or thing is very bad and at a point the individual involved in it starts saying rubbiish.

To say the truth, we've all seen this show and still seeing it. When too much of analysis is dropped here every now and then, it becomes very irritatingly irritating most especially when the opinions are dropped in an assertive manner and you automatically haven't seen the show because your opinion is not in alignment with theirs.

I am not gonna unfollow this thread. I almost did but remembered we've still got reasonable chaps here dropping comments and helping us simplify ambiguous happenings as at when due.

-Key word: As at when due!
Exactly. This is the main reason I followed this thread in order to seek more knowledge. But some people are on here that feel they know it all. Hence, they start asserting and rubbing their own parochial and personal understanding of some events on our Face. We won't take that.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by HanksAnuku: 7:04pm On May 04, 2019
Magnifico2000:
The remaining villians of the series are
1. Cersei
2. Euron
3. Gregor Clegane
4. Qyburn etc. Add your

I heard somewhere that the nightking might be coming back.

it was a pretty insane theory, especially as the guy suggested there might be a secret 7th episode to air.

it was bonkers but absolutely compelling.

(1) (2) (3) ... (725) (726) (727) (728) (729) (730) (731) ... (859) (Reply)

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) / Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.