Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,268 members, 7,829,557 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:49 AM

Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) - TV/Movies (726) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) (1095968 Views)

[SPOILERS ALERT] MARVELS Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D - Fan Thread / Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene / Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (723) (724) (725) (726) (727) (728) (729) ... (859) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Tapout(m): 1:44pm On May 04, 2019
nani6666:

Arya basically did the same thing.. Casually Charged in through four Elite Walkers that was behind the Night King

She had a back up plan .. That move on the night king isn't new to us. Remember when she was training with lady brienne, she used a similar move on her with the same dagger given to her by Bran.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by BafanaBafana: 1:51pm On May 04, 2019
HanksAnuku:

Impossible to say. They all use different weapons, and have such widely different styles, that we can't tell for real which one has the best technique.

2 handed Jamie fought with a 'classic' style but in the only 1v1 fight I remember, he was so unconvincing in his battle with Ned Stark, his body guard felt the need to intervene.

Oberyn was an egotist with an overly histrionic style. Technique was solid but the need to showoff proved to be too great a weakness.

Jon Snow is not a great fighter. Unlike the vast majority of his opponents, Jon Snow has had the benefit of martial training since he was a boy. It's ok beating people who don't know how to hold a sword or never had any real training...when it's time to face his mates, he always needs to be bailed out. ALWAYS.

Brienne is a great fighter but is always wearing full plate armour and so has a great deal of protection from damage at all times. In a pure fight one v one (no iron man suit) with some of the other names on this list, I'm not sure she would do very well. For example, The Hound beat her black and blue with only his bare hands.

Stannis is a soldier.

Jorah amazing swordsmanship. Can solo anybody but a bit fragile.Any small touch and man is injured.

The hound - less technique, more brute force. Can and will use anything to kill his opponents from sword, axe, his hands, his teeth. Very pragmatic. Most importantly, this man can take some damage. Burn his face, Break his legs, Stab him. He will not die. He's like Brienne but 3 times better.

For me the hound is the number 1 fighter on your list.

Jorah the andal number 2.

Jon Snow last egbe.
Did you remember when Ramsey Bolton was challenged by Jon to a one one combat. Ramsey mentioned that he has heard about Jon's fighting and they say he the best in all the North.
Jon snow is that good. Just believe it
As for Jamie, he once mentioned that there were only 2 people in the 7 kingdoms who could best him in combat. And you should know that Ned Stark was also a legendary swordsman that's why Jamie always wanted to spar with him. Jamie wasn't sure if he could beat Ned Stark. Also Tyrion would always confidently chose him in trial by combat. He is that good!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by BafanaBafana: 1:53pm On May 04, 2019
Magnifico2000:

Where is Ser Bronn?
I didn't include him because his style of fighting is dirty (as they say)
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by desmondokonkwo(m): 1:54pm On May 04, 2019
Arya slayer of the blue eyes. It was confirmed by melisandre that she shut many eyes.
#AGIRLHASNONAME#
#AGIRLISNOONE#
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 1:54pm On May 04, 2019
Magnifico2000:
Dany told Sansa that Jon is the second man in her life. Why the lie? I thought she had an affair with two people before Jon.

Drogo and Dario Neharris.
second man she ever loved

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 1:57pm On May 04, 2019
Magnifico2000:
Why did Yara headbutt Theon in episode one. Bitch ur brother just saved ur arse and the first thing u did was to headbutt him.

Where is the time for that?
in the last season when they were fighting with their uncle Euron he left her and ran away

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 2:00pm On May 04, 2019
Magnifico2000:
Somebody should pls explain the meaning of "what is dead may never die" or are they referring the the wightwalkers, nightking etc because I'm not understanding it.
The quote belong to the ironisland, that their saying, it is something they say to each other
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by losprince(m): 2:01pm On May 04, 2019
Magnifico2000:
Somebody should pls explain the meaning of "what is dead may never die" or are they referring the the wightwalkers, nightking etc because I'm not understanding it.
what is dead may never die, but rises again stronger and harder

When the iron borns are baptized, they get drowned in the river and left to resuscitate... They die and then rise stronger.

3 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by HanksAnuku: 2:14pm On May 04, 2019
BafanaBafana:

Did you remember when Ramsey Bolton was challenged by Jon to a one one combat. Ramsey mentioned that he has heard about Jon's fighting and they say he the best in all the North.
Jon snow is that good. Just believe it
As for Jamie, he once mentioned that there were only 2 people in the 7 kingdoms who could best him in combat. And you should know that Ned Stark was also a legendary swordsman that's why Jamie always wanted to spar with him. Jamie wasn't sure if he could beat Ned Stark. Also Tyrion would always confidently chose him in trial by combat. He is that good!

I don't really put much stock in the opinions of the characters because many characters on the show have been proven to be wrong on their opinions

Factually speaking, Jon is the least skilled fighter on that list and has never been able to solo a known fighter without interventionm
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Jaylone(m): 2:28pm On May 04, 2019
iomoge2
Pls can you send to john_uno2@yahoo.com.
Thanks
iomoge2:
Thank you

I received the epub
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by trustbaba(m): 2:39pm On May 04, 2019
HanksAnuku:

I don't really put much stock in the opinions of the characters because many characters on the show have been proven to be wrong on their opinions

Factually speaking, Jon is the least skilled fighter on that list and has never been able to solo a known fighter without interventionm
Well in my opinion Jon snow always last longer in a fight more than the others if u watch the battle at hardhorme, others joined the dragon and Jon still stay behind... He knows how to fight wild..... No one in The nights watch can withstand him, and he was always feared by other commanders..... Even the night king knows that if he comfronts Jon he might not meet bran.... He is always unpredictable in fighting.... My opinion though....

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by HanksAnuku: 2:50pm On May 04, 2019
trustbaba:

Well in my opinion Jon snow always last longer in a fight more than the others if u watch the battle at hardhorme, others joined the dragon and Jon still stay behind... He knows how to fight wild..... No one in The nights watch can withstand him, and he was always feared by other commanders..... Even the night king knows that if he comfronts Jon he might not meet bran.... He is always unpredictable in fighting.... My opinion though....

Wildlings are untrained fighters. The only times you see Jon Snow shine in battle are against wildings, wights, or new recruits at castle black

Almost anybody who has had minimal military training should easily beat that mofo.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Magnifico2000: 3:27pm On May 04, 2019
HanksAnuku:

He killed qhorin halfhand.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by longleg(m): 3:33pm On May 04, 2019
The red woman asked arya "what do you say to death" and she replied "not today" before arya moved.
My point is I think the red woman knew arya is the nightkings doom because seeing the look on her face when she first saw arya at winterfel tells it all.
HanksAnuku:

Arya had already shut a number of blue eyes before that scene.

As mellisandre was repeating a prophecy she had made BEFORE the battle of winterfell, and both parties were reminiscing about their past encounter, i took that line mean something along the lines of "i no tell you?"

Obviously hindsight is always 20-20, but I don't think Mellisandre was telling us what would happen.

Mellisandre has also gotten prophecies spectacularly wrong, even after getting the subjects to look into the flames and see stuff.

On that basis, there isn't really a compelling argument (at least to me) that Mellisandre was telling us what was going to happen.

In fact, I think this was the first prophecy that she's actually gotten right on the show...and she had to rely on a greater power than the Lord of light to bring the prophecy to fruition.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Magnifico2000: 3:35pm On May 04, 2019
HanksAnuku:

Impossible to say. They all use different weapons, and have such widely different styles, that we can't tell for real which one has the best technique.

2 handed Jamie fought with a 'classic' style but in the only 1v1 fight I remember, he was so unconvincing in his battle with Ned Stark, his body guard felt the need to intervene.

Oberyn was an egotist with an overly histrionic style. Technique was solid but the need to showoff proved to be too great a weakness.

Jon Snow is not a great fighter. Unlike the vast majority of his opponents, Jon Snow has had the benefit of martial training since he was a boy. It's ok beating people who don't know how to hold a sword or never had any real training...when it's time to face his mates, he always needs to be bailed out. ALWAYS.

Brienne is a great fighter but is always wearing full plate armour and so has a great deal of protection from damage at all times. In a pure fight one v one (no iron man suit) with some of the other names on this list, I'm not sure she would do very well[b]. For example, The Hound beat her black and blue with only his bare hands.[/b]

Stannis is a soldier.

Jorah amazing swordsmanship. Can solo anybody but a bit fragile.Any small touch and man is injured.

The hound - less technique, more brute force. Can and will use anything to kill his opponents from sword, axe, his hands, his teeth. Very pragmatic. Most importantly, this man can take some damage. Burn his face, Break his legs, Stab him. He will not die. He's like Brienne but 3 times better.

For me the hound is the number 1 fighter on your list.

Jorah the andal number 2.

Jon Snow last egbe.
I don't believe a lot of things you wrote there.
How did the hound beat Brienne?
How is Jon snow last egbe. Someone that killed qhorin halfhand. A man most dreaded by the Wildlings.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by HanksAnuku: 3:36pm On May 04, 2019
Magnifico2000:

He killed qhorin halfhand.

Go and watch season 4 episode 2 and listen to Jon explain how he was able to kill halfhand
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by longleg(m): 3:36pm On May 04, 2019
Jon Snow is a great fighter to me. When the knight king wakes the dead leaving Jon in their midst, if he's not a warrior how the hell did you think he escaped them
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by HanksAnuku: 3:37pm On May 04, 2019
Magnifico2000:

How is Jon snow last egbe. Someone that killed qhorin halfhand. A man most dreaded by the Wildlings.

I'm not sure you've been watching the show mehn.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by ThothHermes: 3:42pm On May 04, 2019
BafanaBafana:
Who among these is the best swordsman:
Jamie Lanistar (with two hands)
Prince O'Brien
Jon Snow
Brien of Tart
Stannis Baratheon
Ser Jorah Mornmont
Sandor Cleagane (the hound)
Jamie of Course!
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by HanksAnuku: 3:42pm On May 04, 2019
longleg:
The red woman asked arya "what do you say to death" and she replied "not today" before arya moved.
My point is I think the red woman knew arya is the nightkings doom because seeing the look on her face when she first saw arya at winterfel tells it all.

There's zero correlation between the bolded and the night king

The first time we heard that statement on the show, Arya was running away from danger, not towards it.

Mellisandre is also a false prophet who had never actually made any correct predictions prior to that moment, so how she looked was irrelevant.

Lord of light did not tell her anything in this case. She had to rely on a higher power - the God of Plot.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by HanksAnuku: 3:48pm On May 04, 2019
longleg:
Jon Snow is a great fighter to me. When the knight king wakes the dead leaving Jon in their midst, if he's not a warrior how the hell did you think he escaped them

Fat Sam was crying on the floor, stabbing wights left and right as he lay on a bed of corpses that he made.

Killing wights takes relatively little skill. Even the likes of Danaerys and Samwell Tarly can do it
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by ThothHermes: 3:50pm On May 04, 2019
Magnifico2000:
The Iron Islanders worship the Drowned god.
During initiation/baptism, a person is submerged under water and allowed to drown i.e. become unconscious (die). Then a CPR-like exercise is carried out and the person is resuscitated. Many die in this exercise.

Thus, the phrase comes from the idea that the person is "dead" and will not die again.

My memory is rusty so this may be less than accurate. But that's the general idea though.

5 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by desmondokonkwo(m): 3:50pm On May 04, 2019
Arya

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by ThothHermes: 3:51pm On May 04, 2019
HanksAnuku:

Fat Sam was crying on the floor, stabbing wights left and right as he lay on a bed of corpses that he made.

Killing wights takes relatively little skill. Even the likes of Danaerys and Samwell Tarly can do it
If Jon is not a great fighter then who is

Na wa.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by trustbaba(m): 3:59pm On May 04, 2019
HanksAnuku:

Wildlings are untrained fighters. The only times you see Jon Snow shine in battle are against wildings, wights, or new recruits at castle black

Almost anybody who has had minimal military training should easily beat that mofo.
Seriously uve underrated Jon soooo much..... Are u telling me that the nights watch are there for ahakara.... I think they should have one of the best military training in the whole seven kingdoms.... Besides Ramsey Bolton is not a fool when he said Jon snow is one of the best in the seven kingdoms...... Except u have grudges for Jon that u just hate him to the call.....

3 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by trustbaba(m): 4:02pm On May 04, 2019
ThothHermes:
If Jon is not a great fighter then who is

Na wa.
Seriously that person is the first to ever say Jon isn't a great fighter... Even an idiot knows this grin
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by HanksAnuku: 4:02pm On May 04, 2019
trustbaba:

Seriously uve underrated Jon soooo much..... Are u telling me that the nights watch are there for ahakara.... I think they should have one of the best military training in the whole seven kingdoms....
Besides Ramsey Bolton is not a fool when he said Jon snow is one of the best in the seven kingdoms...... Except u have grudges for Jon that u just hate him to the call.....

my Nigga did we watch the same TV show?

which training did the nights watch have? Who trained them?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Magnifico2000: 4:03pm On May 04, 2019
HanksAnuku:

I'm not sure you've been watching the show mehn.
Just explain how the hound beat Brienne sir. I just want to know sir.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Magnifico2000: 4:05pm On May 04, 2019
trustbaba:

Seriously that person is the first to ever say Jon isn't a great fighter... Even an idiot knows this grin
Throw jibes softly abeg. This thread is dark and full of terrors... Watch your back.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by HanksAnuku: 4:06pm On May 04, 2019
Magnifico2000:

Just explain how the hound beat Brienne sir. I just want to know sir.

The hound beat Brienne black and blue with his bare hands is what I said. I did not say he won the fight. And don't take my statement out if context. My point then was that Brienne was wearing a full suit of armour an f the hound still managed to deal heavy damage to her.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Chisco0561: 4:09pm On May 04, 2019
@ Bond77 Pls i want the book too. My email is: jude.ugo0561@gmail.com
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by losprince(m): 4:12pm On May 04, 2019
Magnifico2000:

The fight with halfhand was staged so that jon would gain the thrust of the wildlings. He didn't beat the halfhand fair and square, the halfhand sacrificed his life so the wildlings would take Jon in and Jon could in turn spy on them.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (723) (724) (725) (726) (727) (728) (729) ... (859) (Reply)

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) / Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.