Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,223 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:54 AM

Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) - TV/Movies (828) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) (1088163 Views)

[SPOILERS ALERT] MARVELS Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D - Fan Thread / Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene / Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (825) (826) (827) (828) (829) (830) (831) ... (859) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by AHCB: 9:25am On May 19, 2019
I'll really like to see if Jon is immune to fire like Daenerys. Since he has Targyrean blood and the likes. Also, if Drogon will stay loyal to Daenerys if Jon is immune to fire. Afterall, we're seen Drogon rebel against Daenerys like two times or so.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Buharifanatic: 9:26am On May 19, 2019
Magnifico2000:

Sansa is so stupid, clueless and useless.
and manipulative, she is really a student of little finger

All she wants is to be queen
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Buharifanatic: 9:27am On May 19, 2019
AHCB:
I'll really like to see if Jon is immune to fire like Daenerys. Since he has Targyrean blood and the likes. Also, if Drogon will stay loyal to Daenerys if Jon is immune to fire. Afterall, we're seen Drogon rebel against Daenerys like two times or so.
Dany isn't immune to fire

She has high tolerance for fire

According to GRRM himself, no Targaryen is immune to fire
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Buharifanatic: 9:32am On May 19, 2019
D& D also known as dumb and dumber cheesy

Have said that after the episode airs they will get drunk and keep away from the internet for days

I expect a plot twist, game of thrones and misdirections

Incase u don't understand me, whatever you think happens at the end might not be what happens, expect a shocker

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by melodyogonna(m): 9:33am On May 19, 2019
codedguy1:

She didnt need to see Cersie but she would pick some strategic building to strike expecting that Christie would definitely be in one of those buildings. Atleast we would know she was specifically trying to kill Cersie and not just turning on the citizens.

Imagine trying to take over the seat of power in naija starting with Abuja.after you take out the military, aso rock is next, then senators quarters or estate in maitama and the NASS complex and then some other symbolic places instead of going to nyanya and mararaba to kill people. Does that make sense.

After she took out Eurons fleet and the scorpions she decended on the citizens. It was later she went for the red keep and citadel. If Euron had not delayed Jamie she might really had escaped while madam mad queen was busy torching peasants who did nothing to her.
Incase you didn't notice, she burned the whole kingslanding to the ground to show cercei her Mercy for the poor masses is not a weakness. she burned it right from the gate to the red keep and back again. ofcourse we wouldn't have been this sad if the city burning was from her point of view from the top of the dragon like most series and not from the common people's.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Buharifanatic: 9:37am On May 19, 2019
melodyogonna:

Incase you didn't notice, she burned the whole kingslanding to the ground to show cercei her Mercy for the poor masses is not a weakness. she burned it right from the gate to the red keep and back again. ofcourse we wouldn't have been this sad if the city burning was from her point of view from the top of the dragon like most series and not from the common people's.
burning it wasn't for cersei

It was an attack on the people

A towns people once fought their masters for Dany, kings landing despite all cersei did, killing all those people, they didn't spite her

Dany said that the people are also responsible for her behaviour

Also I think she wanted cersei to watch her city burn

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by melodyogonna(m): 9:48am On May 19, 2019
Buharifanatic:
burning it wasn't for cersei

It was an attack on the people

A towns people once fought their masters for Dany, kings landing despite all cersei did, killing all those people, they didn't spite her

Dany said that the people are also responsible for her behaviour

Also I think she wanted cersei to watch her city burn
Not trying to defend her but thousands of people die Everytime a city is sacked. old and young alike.
burning the city was a message to everyone in the whole seven kingdoms of what would happen to anyone that stands in her way.
She has no love here, so she will rule with fear.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Buharifanatic: 10:00am On May 19, 2019
melodyogonna:

Not trying to defend her but thousands of people die Everytime a city is sacked. old and young alike.
burning the city was a message to everyone in the whole seven kingdoms of what would happen to anyone that stands in her way.
gbam
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by vizkiz: 10:01am On May 19, 2019
Guys, y'all really need to watch this video on twitter.

You'd understand everything about Danny and how hard she tried to play the "right game"

The video is a total sum up of her character.
https://twitter.com/thronesfacts/status/1129278813278310400?s=19

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by codedguy1(m): 10:04am On May 19, 2019
melodyogonna:

She burned the people and KL to show Cersie mercy for the poor masses was not a weakness?

My point exactly, she a Mad Queen.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Akinya17: 10:07am On May 19, 2019
Just finished watching season 8 episode 5 again, I think i enjoyed it than when it first aired. With all the hype about the Golden Company, did any one notice that they didn't even bring out their swords to fight before they were wiped out ? grin grin
Captain Strickland looked so funny as he ran away from Grey Worm.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Buharifanatic: 10:11am On May 19, 2019
B4 som1 is called mad

The person will do something repeatedly then people will say this one done mad ooo

Dany did only 1 tin and una jump on the wagon calling her mad

Cersei did many mad things, nobody called her mad

Make una continue, e go clear soon

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Buharifanatic: 10:12am On May 19, 2019
Akinya17:
Just finished watching season 8 episode 5 again, I think i enjoyed it than when it first aired. With all the hype about the Golden Company, did any one notice that they didn't even bring out their swords to fight before they were wiped out ? grin grin
Captain Strickland looked so funny as he ran away from Grey Worm.
I swear, I knew that they wouldn't give us a battle

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by melodyogonna(m): 10:16am On May 19, 2019
codedguy1:

She burned the people and KL to show her mercy for the poor masses was not a weakness?

My point exactly, she a Mad Queen.
All of them are mad! I thought citizens usually run from cities when it's about to be sacked? and ceicei that pushed her to the edge by beheading missandei (on a second look I think Dany actually fulfilled missandei's last wish "dracarys" - which means dragon fire); and also tried to use his citizens as sheld - very mad, this cercei has a mischievous way of using his opponent's weakness against them; and Jon that would have offered some advice and consolation when it was needed the most - I don't know what to say to this one, this Stark children behave somehow but the maddest of them all is my Dany though I fear I might do the same if I were in her shoes - I mean the damned city has caused her so much pain. the masses just happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by zicoraads: 10:17am On May 19, 2019
Buharifanatic:
B4 som1 is called mad

The person will do something repeatedly then people will say this one done mad ooo

Dany did only 1 tin and una jump on the wagon calling her mad

Cersei did many mad things, nobody called her mad

Make una continue, e go clear soon
Cersei didn't kill children and women in their thousands, innocents. That's the difference.

I wonder how some of you can choose to be willfully blind to the madness of Dany's actions. She's mad. End of. There's no 'but'.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by zicoraads: 10:24am On May 19, 2019
vizkiz:
Guys, y'all really need to watch this video on twitter.

You'd understand everything about Danny and how hard she tried to play the "right game"

The video is a total sum up of her character.
https://twitter.com/thronesfacts/status/1129278813278310400?s=19

Good video no doubt.

But the fact still remains that she already had the city. At the point where those soldiers dropped their swords, nothing stood in her way.

Still, she decided to go on a murdering spree.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by AHCB: 10:25am On May 19, 2019
Buharifanatic:
Dany isn't immune to fire

She has high tolerance for fire

According to GRRM himself, no Targaryen is immune to fire
Daenerys can't get burn by fire, simple. Forget all that high tolerance for fire nonsense.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Buharifanatic: 10:26am On May 19, 2019
zicoraads:

Cersei didn't kill children and women in their thousands, innocents. That's the difference.

I wonder how some of you can choose to be willfully blind to the madness of Dany's actions. She's mad. End of. There's no 'but'.
how many children were innocently killed in the bible and quran

did u highlight the pages and write madness? grin

dany was angry, america was angry and they destroyed iraq, mistakes were made

everybody has anger in them, some have weapons that can cause massive damage, others can only get angry and do nothing

if cersei had dragons, will she show mercy?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by AHCB: 10:29am On May 19, 2019
melodyogonna:

thus she becomes the very thing she's fighting against. She spoke against tyranny, ruling with fear automatically makes one a tyrant.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Buharifanatic: 10:29am On May 19, 2019
AHCB:
Daenerys can't get burn by fire, simple. Forget all that high tolerance for fire nonsense.
grrm said that the reason why fire didnt burn her when drogo died was because she sacrificed a witch, blood sacrifice

when she killed those khals, she spilled blood and thats why she was immune

its not me saying it, its grrm that said it himself, he said that no one is immune to fire

dany thinks it, because she doesnt knw her family history well

many targaryens were burnt with fire, many were killed by fire
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Buharifanatic: 10:33am On May 19, 2019
how i wish dany can just sail to dragonstone and chill with the protection of 50 unsullied and 100 dortraki screamers grin for the main time

or travel to essos and visit darrios
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by zicoraads: 10:35am On May 19, 2019
Buharifanatic:
how many children were innocently killed in the bible and quran

did u highlight the pages and write madness? grin

dany was angry, america was angry and they destroyed iraq, mistakes were made

everybody has anger in them, some have weapons that can cause massive damage, others can only get angry and do nothing

if cersei had dragons, will she show mercy?
Stop shifting goalposts.

This is not a Bible and Quran debate.

This is also not the American invasion debate.

You said Cersei did worse and she wasn't called mad. I'm telling you she didn't kill innocents, including children in their thousands.

The 'If' statement doesn't count. You brought in the Cersei analogy, so stop speaking in probabilities now.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by zicoraads: 10:37am On May 19, 2019
Las las, Dany won't die. Arya or Snow or even both may be the ones to die. GoT will surely introduce an annoying plot twist in this final episode.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Buharifanatic: 10:39am On May 19, 2019
zicoraads:

Stop shifting goalposts.

This is not a Bible and Quran debate.

This is also not the American invasion debate.

You said Cersei did worse and she wasn't called mad. I'm telling you she didn't kill innocents, including children in their thousands.

The 'If' statement doesn't count. You brought in the Cersei analogy, so stop speaking in probabilities now.
oya na, lets not shift goal post, its a fictional story na, so the children are fictional too, they dont deserve sympathy

laws of the real world dont apply to fictional worlds
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Buharifanatic: 10:40am On May 19, 2019
zicoraads:
Las las, Dany won't die. Arya or Snow or even both may be the ones to die. GoT will surely introduce an annoying plot twist in this final episode.
same thing i have been thinking

the show is fond of misdirecting people, they would make u believe this then do that

dany will die is too obvious, nothing is ever obvious with game of thrones
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by AHCB: 10:43am On May 19, 2019
Buharifanatic:
grrm said that the reason why fire didnt burn her when drogo died was because she sacrificed a witch, blood sacrifice

when she killed those khals, she spilled blood and thats why she was immune

its not me saying it, its grrm that said it himself, he said that no one is immune to fire

dany thinks it, because she doesnt knw her family history well

many targaryens were burnt with fire, many were killed by fire
I see. So GRRM is saying foe one to be immune to fire or have high tolerance for fire one has to spill blood in GOT. Interesting..
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Buharifanatic: 10:46am On May 19, 2019
AHCB:
I see. So GRRM is saying foe one to be immune to fire or have high tolerance for fire one has to spill blood in GOT. Interesting..
there is the tolerance angle too

grrm likes to beat around the bush when asked certain questions

but this fire immunity thing, he was very clear about it

remember at nath, when the dragons fire passed thru her to kill the guy that stole the dragons, so many things that counter his words but he keeps saying that she isnt immune
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Buharifanatic: 10:50am On May 19, 2019
no show is perfect

but see this scene

i was wondering how dany came from behind, why didnt those guys above the gates hear the noises of a dragon behind them and warn the golden company

watched it again in slowmo

and see what i noticed

those guys standing by the scorpion at the gate didnt shake all thru the scene

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by AHCB: 11:00am On May 19, 2019
Buharifanatic:
there is the tolerance angle too

grrm likes to beat around the bush when asked certain questions

but this fire immunity thing, he was very clear about it

remember at nath, when the dragons fire passed thru her to kill the guy that stole the dragons, so many things that counter his words but he keeps saying that she isnt immune
then we shouldn't take his words serious since we've watched how not so true the things he'd said are. So it's safe to say Daenerys is immune to fire.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by codedguy1(m): 11:03am On May 19, 2019
melodyogonna:

All of them are mad! I thought citizens usually run from cities when it's about to be sacked? and ceicei that pushed her to the edge by beheading missandei (on a second look I think Dany actually fulfilled missandei's last wish "dracarys" - which means dragon fire); and also tried to use his citizens as sheld - very mad, this cercei has a mischievous way of using his opponent's weakness against them; and Jon that would have offered some advice and consolation when it was needed the most - I don't know what to say to this one, this Stark children behave somehow but the maddest of them all is my Dany though I fear I might do the same if I were in her shoes - I mean the damned city has caused her so much pain. the masses just happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time.

The difference here is that we all know that Cersie has always been a Mad Woman and was capable of doing even worse so no one would have been surprised if she killed everyone just yo be on the throne.

I agree Dany's council had failed her numerously and the death of Missandei and Viserys must have made her distraught but going about massacring peasants even when the city had already fallen was out of characters.

The fact that she even now knew she was not the rightful heir and betrayal by john for telling Sansa about his true heritage was quite overwhelming. But to go about killing peasants the way she did was a out of characters for someone who had been supposedly liberating people and cities.

It was hard for Jon to reciprocate her feelings because he now knew she was his aunty. He grew up in the north and that Kain thing get as be for am.

All these culmulated to Dany becoming the MAD QUEEN as she displayed in KL.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Iosprince: 11:09am On May 19, 2019
I'm not one to quote history to you my friends; but it's true that jon snow has always danced to the tune of knowing nothing. It is said that every time Jon opens his mouth to speak the gods flip a coin and the viewers hold their breath to see whether he will say; "you' ma qween." Or "I dun want et."

-A song of D&.D. grin

13 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by joseff14(m): 11:24am On May 19, 2019
grin
Iosprince:
I'm not one to quote history to you my friends; but it's true that jon snow has always danced to the tune of knowing nothing. It is said that every time Jon opens his mouth to speak the gods flip a coin and the viewers hold their breath to see whether he will say; "you' ma qween." Or "I dun want et."

-A song of D&.D. grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (825) (826) (827) (828) (829) (830) (831) ... (859) (Reply)

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) / Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.