Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,510 members, 7,830,522 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:23 AM

A Naija Mans Dating Options In Yankee - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / A Naija Mans Dating Options In Yankee (676 Views)

Ladies Appreciate Your Mans Effort No Matter What He Is Trying(photos) / I Cheated On My Wife With Another Mans Wife What Do I Do? / I Cheated On My Wife With Another Mans Wife What Do I Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Naija Mans Dating Options In Yankee by dokia: 3:14pm On Apr 01, 2013
In my dating life in Yankee, I have realized that there are three different dating options:

1) Nigerian Girls
2) American Girls/or Non Naija
3) Nigerian American

Let me break it down.

If you date a Nigerian girl the rules are simple, when you go out, you spend money on her, you don't let her pay for anything, but when you get home, she will take care of things in the house....the separation of duties are clear.

American girl: This is a shared relationship, you both generally share the duties. Sometimes you pay, and other times she does. Sometimes you cook, and other times she does. its a 50/50 relationship

Nigerian american girl is a special case, they are basically american girls with Nigerian parents, so they know a little bit of the nigerian culture. They will want the best of both worlds. What this means is, they want you to be a traditional Nigerian man (pay for everything) but when it comes to doing things in the house they want to be american girls!! smiley dis one na 80/20 relationship!

Has anyone else noticed this?! smiley

------------------------------------
Best International Calling rates
http://www.smileandtalk.com
Re: A Naija Mans Dating Options In Yankee by Wi3ter(m): 8:57pm On Apr 01, 2013
dokia: Nigerian american girl is a special case, they are basically american girls with Nigerian parents, so they know a little bit of the nigerian culture. They will want the best of both worlds. What this means is, they want you to be a traditional Nigerian man (pay for everything) but when it comes to doing things in the house they want to be american girls!! smiley dis one na 80/20 relationship!

Yes. But ^^^^^ that also applies to Nigeria born women who have spent more more than a few weeks abroad. Enough time for their eyes to be wide opeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: A Naija Mans Dating Options In Yankee by 190: 9:43pm On Apr 01, 2013
dokia: In my dating life in Yankee, I have realized that there are three different dating options:

1) Nigerian Girls
2) American Girls/or Non Naija
3) Nigerian American

Let me break it down.

If you date a Nigerian girl the rules are simple, when you go out, you spend money on her, you don't let her pay for anything, but when you get home, she will take care of things in the house....the separation of duties are clear.

American girl: This is a shared relationship, you both generally share the duties. Sometimes you pay, and other times she does. Sometimes you cook, and other times she does. its a 50/50 relationship

Nigerian american girl is a special case, they are basically american girls with Nigerian parents, so they know a little bit of the nigerian culture. They will want the best of both worlds. What this means is, they want you to be a traditional Nigerian man (pay for everything) but when it comes to doing things in the house they want to be american girls!! smiley dis one na 80/20 relationship!

------------------------------------
Best International Calling rates
http://www.smileandtalk.com

[img]http://holeleesheet.files./2011/01/wtf.gif?w=289&h=227[/img]
Re: A Naija Mans Dating Options In Yankee by SLIDEwaxie(m): 10:40pm On Apr 01, 2013
Is dt ur kid dude?
Re: A Naija Mans Dating Options In Yankee by dowjones(m): 12:16am On Apr 03, 2013
your observation/points are true but a bit one-sided. What about emotional characteristics of the listed case studies...who gives more drama and who is the most tolerant ?
Re: A Naija Mans Dating Options In Yankee by babadey(m): 8:02am On Apr 03, 2013
What are we going to do my bloda?... We jast have to take them as they her. They are babies,how responsibility is to care,pamper and sometimes cruel but with lovegrin but for me,I go for my nigerian babescheesy,be her live in europe for years doesn't take away that 9ja gene from her.

(1) (Reply)

Can You Quit A Relationship Because Your Partner Keeps Lying To You? / Your First Date / Deleted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.