Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,382 members, 7,819,391 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:25 PM

Buhari - No Difference Between Boko Haram And Niger Delta Militants - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari - No Difference Between Boko Haram And Niger Delta Militants (20784 Views)

Niger-Delta Militants' Plot To Arm-Twist Buhari Fails - Vanguard / Boko Haram And Jonathan: The Truth Unfolds - Thisday / Abuja Blasts: Niger Delta Militants Might Be Responsible – NLC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari - No Difference Between Boko Haram And Niger Delta Militants by Wsdm: 11:10am On Apr 02, 2013
Maxymilliano: One would have expected that with the clout that names like Gen Buhari, Nasir El-Rufai, IBB, AbdulSalam Abubakar, Adamu Ciroma, Tanko Yakassai, Lawan Kaita, Nuhu Ribdu, Sanusi Lamido Sanusi & other Leaders from Northern Nigeria control there, they would have by now been able to use the cult-like follower-ship they enjoy to open communication channels with Boko Haram, Ansaru and other militant groups in that region towards having these group enter into direct peace talks with the Federal Government of Nigeria just as names like Alamieyeseigha, ­ J.P. Clark, etc did with the Niger Delta crises that eventually led to the "Niger Delta Amnesty Programme" and of course brokered under a President from Northern Nigeria.

So why can't these Northern Leaders reciprocate this gesture by brokering possible peace in the North under the leadership of a President from the South-south?

Why did Gen Buhari quickly wash his hands off the possibility of representing the country in talks with Boko Haram?

How come these leaders from the North only seem eager to be "Leaders" when:

1. seeking electoral positions;

2. seeking for the Presidency to be returned to them;

3. they want to threaten that "the country would become ungovernable if they don't achieve the above but shy away from the basic responsibility of having their people live in peace and be saved from imminent extinction?

And please don’t tell me – “but they are not the President and Chief Security Officer of the country” because Alamieyeseigha and J.P Clark, and others were also not Presidents as well when they brokered the Niger Delta Peace talks.

The president from the north reasoned with the Niger Deltan elders. Why is a president from the South now refuses to listen to the elders from the North? At least the northern elders have waited for too long for the federal government to bring peace before bringing this suggestion. The president of Nigeria should not behave like a militant that the south-south people are characterised with.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari - No Difference Between Boko Haram And Niger Delta Militants by omonnakoda: 11:11am On Apr 02, 2013
let us suspend Sentiment. There is a fundamental difference between Boko Haram and the Niger Delta situation in terms of its scale and destructiveness.Many of us secretly sympathize with the STATED mission of the NIger Delta insurgents but can see no rhyme or reason to the Boko Haram activities and find its religious posturing and targetting of churches particularly abhorrent. I agree but I think GEJ has gone too far with the well documented patronage of Tompolo and others.

Is there any doubt that with time the Niger Delta militants too would have become like Boko Haram. The attacked Lagos and bombed Abuja and who knows how far they were prepared to go.

More importantly what were the Niger Delta militants actually fighting for and WHAT HAVE THEY GOT NOW?
Their environment remains devastated. Education poor and their people exploited ; young girls for prostitution by oil workers in large numbers and young men as cheap labour. Oil spills have not been cleaned and derivation remains at 13%. One would like to believe that the ultimate goal was a change in derivation formula, which I support. Instead the MILITANTS have been "settled" inshort they too have "identified with the aggressor" so how long before some other wake up to realise they have been conned. We know how rich Asari Dokubo is ,Tompolo is and others like him.

We know now ,if we did not know then, that these militants are no saints and are just thugs in it for what they can get. They were poorly guided with no clear mission and have even sold out their gun runner. The recent comments by Edwin Clark on Henry Okah were embarassing to read. At least Boko Haram are teaching them how to fight for something if you believe in it. It is clear that MEND believes in the pockets of its leaders and as such must be seen as the criminals that they are.They have abandoned the Delta cause.
This does not change the fact that there is a cause to fight for in the Niger Delta and that others perhaps worse than BH will emerge to fight for a cause which has been largely abandoned. I ask even GEJ what has he done for his people at the grassroots in the Delta .

Our young people need to learn how to THINK and not just REACT like a programme as we observe on this thread. For me Buhari is not really an important part of the equation. Let us try and use our brains

3 Likes

Re: Buhari - No Difference Between Boko Haram And Niger Delta Militants by daprinceA: 11:11am On Apr 02, 2013
i THINKS ITS NOW OBVIOUS THAT BUHARI AND NORTHERN LEADERS ARE BEHIND BOKO HARAM,ITS NOW THERE BARGAINING TOOL AGAINST THE GOVERNMENT AT THE EXPENSE OF INNOCENT CHRISTIAN SOULS, AND YET A SANE HUMAN BEING IS SEATING AND SUPPORTING THIS ANIMAL FOR PRESIDENCY OF THIS COUNTRY I WONT BE SURPRISED IF APC LEADERS ARE MENTIONED AS BH FINANCIERS TOO!!!

1 Like

Re: Buhari - No Difference Between Boko Haram And Niger Delta Militants by Nobody: 11:12am On Apr 02, 2013
That shows he is behind d BH boys.

1 Like

Re: Buhari - No Difference Between Boko Haram And Niger Delta Militants by eastOFwest(m): 11:12am On Apr 02, 2013
~Bluetooth:

They want to islamize northern Nigeria and its the duty of the central government to stop them !

And this is where their equality ends. Yes it's the duty of the FG to stop them, but a certain responsibilty lies with communities and leaders from where they operate from.

Boko Haram is an ethno-religious menace with thounsands of brain-washed youths ready to blow themselves to death at the drop of a hat. MEND is child's play compared to these guys.
Re: Buhari - No Difference Between Boko Haram And Niger Delta Militants by Elueme: 11:12am On Apr 02, 2013
berem: Buhari refused to mediate on behalf of Boko haram, he was tagged their sponsor. If he had mediated, he will still be tagged a boko haramist. Meanwhile, some boko haram members were found in the houses of some PDP members in the north, yet Buhari gets the blame! and the blame still continues......
Though you have never been logical but the day you became a chaperone and garrulously illogical was the day I stopped honoring your post. You can have a mentor, understood, but as an advise try to have a sellable figure as such. I wonder how Buhari went through the NDA, cos he caughts me as the dumbest Nigerian living or dead. Someone's with Buhari's mental acumen, is not qualified as a ward councillor and I wonder why the shout of presidency. A presumed leader who has no iota of diplomacy in him can't be a president. Buhari shd tell Nigerians the truth and explain what he knows about the Islamists Boko haram.
Re: Buhari - No Difference Between Boko Haram And Niger Delta Militants by Rooneyboy(m): 11:14am On Apr 02, 2013
Another reason y I feel this man will never make it again as the president.

How on earth wld he even think of painting both groups in same light

What is boko haram fighting for pls

Let's start from there.

1 Like

Re: Buhari - No Difference Between Boko Haram And Niger Delta Militants by honeric01(m): 11:15am On Apr 02, 2013
eastOFwest:

I can understand the Palestinian cause, Taliban and Al Qaeda. But what is Boko Haram fighting for? Their targets always seem to come from a certain part of the country and you think it's not tribal?

you know what they're fighting for, stop claiming ignorance. If you don't know, then google it.

They're criminals and must be treated same way Nigerian govt treat criminals. Don't you know how the govt treat criminals in Nigeria?
Re: Buhari - No Difference Between Boko Haram And Niger Delta Militants by honeric01(m): 11:17am On Apr 02, 2013
daprince-A:
i THINKS ITS NOW OBVIOUS THAT BUHARI AND NORTHERN LEADERS ARE BEHIND BOKO HARAM,ITS NOW THERE BARGAINING TOOL AGAINST THE GOVERNMENT AT THE EXPENSE OF INNOCENT CHRISTIAN SOULS, AND YET A SANE HUMAN BEING IS SEATING AND SUPPORTING THIS ANIMAL FOR PRESIDENCY OF THIS COUNTRY I WONT BE SURPRISED IF APC LEADERS ARE MENTIONED AS BH FINANCIERS TOO!!!
then what is jonathan waiting for since you can prove that buhari's the sponsor?

So only christians are dying in the north?
Re: Buhari - No Difference Between Boko Haram And Niger Delta Militants by ochukoccna: 11:18am On Apr 02, 2013
Elueme: I wonder how Buhari went through the NDA, cos he caughts me as the dumbest Nigerian living or dead. Someone's with Buhari's mental acumen, is not qualified as a ward councillor and I wonder why the shout of presidency.
And Ebele Jonathan is what?
The new Einstein on the block grin grin
Buhari is not an orator nor very coherent when speaking but creek Joe trumps him by far when talking about who's daft and who s not cool cool
Re: Buhari - No Difference Between Boko Haram And Niger Delta Militants by taharqa: 11:18am On Apr 02, 2013
berem: ...and how many categories of boko haram exist before you know their grievances? will amnesty be granted to the Islamic extremists Boko haram leaving PDP led boko haram behind? which of them deserves to be given Amnesty? Till the government agrees that Boko haram members are not ghosts,then they ain't ready to fight the insurgences.
Just speaking from both sides of d mouth and Confusing yr own self, fooolish gurl. I thought you just askd d FG to grant BH 'amnesty' cos northern leadas are 'now demanding it'?? Efulefu
Re: Buhari - No Difference Between Boko Haram And Niger Delta Militants by Rooneyboy(m): 11:18am On Apr 02, 2013
eastOFwest:

And this is where their equality ends. Yes it's the duty of the FG to stop them, but a certain responsibilty lies with communities and leaders from where they operate from.

Boko Haram is an ethno-religious menace with thounsands of brain-washed youths ready to blow themselves to death at the drop of a hat. MEND is child's play compared to these guys.

MEND has its own "genuine" struggle if u ask me, besides they don't vent their anger on the populace, they strictly focus on the Government.

1 Like

Re: Buhari - No Difference Between Boko Haram And Niger Delta Militants by Nobody: 11:19am On Apr 02, 2013
eastOFwest:

Nigerians didn't vote for communities and leaders,they voted for Jonathan and its his responsibility to ensure the territorial integrity of Nigeria and to crush internal aggression that may threaten the unity of Nigeria. Fight boko haram,Jonathan said No. . .grant them amnesty,he said NO. . .how does he intend to tackle them ?

1 Like

Re: Buhari - No Difference Between Boko Haram And Niger Delta Militants by Wsdm: 11:20am On Apr 02, 2013
Ejiné: grin Buhari is so going to be thoroughly sodomiized and humiliated in the coming elections when it gets to the South, that's for sure.
How many are your votes from south-south. By the time credible election starts in Nigeria, you people from the south shall continue to beg for The zoning you jettison because of incumbent power. At that time, you shall know the power of numbers in electioneerring processes.
Re: Buhari - No Difference Between Boko Haram And Niger Delta Militants by amir99(m): 11:20am On Apr 02, 2013
mekaboy:

My friend stop dreaming. Boko haram is. Religious, govt will not create a ministry for any religious organization.

Boko haram is also branch of major terrorist organization in the world.

No country accommodates terrorist or makes their country a safe heaven for terrorists.

Will u like to hear that northern nigeria is akaida headquaters in africa? Where they store arms and plan world attacks.?

Yes northerners are part of boko haram, but boko haram is bigger than just northern Nigeria, it goes way up to iraq, Pakistan, mali etc.

If we pardon them in Nigeria, one day u will see a missile released from northern nigeria and hit another country. Then we will be at war for nothing.

Nigerians have seen what the oil companies have done to the ND region and we support their fight. What did govt do to Boko haram? The Niger delta militants gave warnings before they acted. Soldiers where killed in combat, they don't just go and blow up police stations and kill soldiers on check point.

If this is the mentality of Northerners, it will be very risky for such to rule nigeria.

People who want a network of terrorists to be pardoned and funded by nigerian govt.
Re: Buhari - No Difference Between Boko Haram And Niger Delta Militants by Nobody: 11:22am On Apr 02, 2013
@bluetoooth. You keep repeating that ND militants killed foreigners. How many foreigners? Stop lying cause you want to buttress an argument. The much the ND militants did was to kidnap oil workers, foreigners and nationals. Well am not surprised, you were never known to argue intelligently.
Re: Buhari - No Difference Between Boko Haram And Niger Delta Militants by phineas: 11:23am On Apr 02, 2013
Insurgency,militancy,terrorism,all are synonyms in words and in action,any serious goverment must not tolerate any form of lawlessness for whatever reason.That been said,this militants that have been appeased with funds they fought for on account of the "people" what have they done with it?

I was priviledged to visit some cities in the niger delta region recently and understood the level of poverty,and lack of infractructure the people have,it seemed they lacked industries hence job opportunities and one gets the impression of a sleepy town not the hub of "oyel" wealth of the nation.What have they the millitants done to change this?what schools have they buidlt,hospitals,jobs created, etc....how have they brought development to their towns from the gains of holding the nation ransom for years at the cost of blood and terror.Instead we hear of private jets,of weapons,of affluent and exhorbitant lifestyles,of investments abroad.....

Boko haram and mend,none is better.They were both raised to glorify lawlessness,to strike fear in the hearts of the people,and any sane,patroitic Nigerian should condem not reward or condone such especially those targetted against the common good of the people and the progress of the country.semantics people,semantics.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari - No Difference Between Boko Haram And Niger Delta Militants by Demdem(m): 11:23am On Apr 02, 2013
Rooneyboy:

MEND has its own "genuine" struggle if u ask me, besides they don't vent their anger on the populace, they strictly focus on the Government.

U don't know what u are talking about. MEND came to artillery junction here in PH during the day and started shooting sporadically. I am a living witness. All for their selfish gains.
Re: Buhari - No Difference Between Boko Haram And Niger Delta Militants by mekaboy(m): 11:23am On Apr 02, 2013
Wsdm:
The president from the north reasoned with the Niger Deltan elders. Why is a president from the South now refuses to listen to the elders from the North? At least the northern elders have waited for too long for the federal government to bring peace before bringing this suggestion. The president of Nigeria should not behave like a militant that the south-south people are characterised with.

The same president yaradua from the north, sent soldiers to flush out the sect boko haram. If a northern muslim president did not tolerate them, why would gej?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari - No Difference Between Boko Haram And Niger Delta Militants by Atonto: 11:24am On Apr 02, 2013
If you say they are not the same... i wish you live in ND when militancy reign..then you see that they know no bounds when carrying out their destructive act. Can anybody tell me what have change in the ND. Nothing. Some bunch of criminals, after killing innocent people are now on the Govt payroll, while in the same ND we have law abiding citizen lying jobless, homeless, and futureless. During their time (ND Militant) they create insecurity, and kills at will. Therefore, tell me what is the difference. You can say because of marginalization, injustice or wealth control. But my question is, did anything change since the amnesty?
Boo,...they are the same jor ...one motive is to rule his people with sharia, and the other one motive, is to control its resources. but they both kill innocent people.
Fed Govt should not have grant any amnesty to any ND militant cos they are killers. It is just like paying ransom to kidnappers. You are encouraging more to join.
Buhari is right in the perspective of criminality and insecurity which is the responsibility of the Govt to tackle.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari - No Difference Between Boko Haram And Niger Delta Militants by daprinceA: 11:26am On Apr 02, 2013
[quote author=honeric01]
then what is jonathan waiting for since you can prove that buhari's the sponsor?

So only christians are dying in the north? [/quo

why then are all northern elders calling for talks and amnesty to terrorists,and murderers. (including Buhari) to discuss what? the game will soon be up for everybody
Re: Buhari - No Difference Between Boko Haram And Niger Delta Militants by ochukoccna: 11:26am On Apr 02, 2013
Atonto: If you say they are not the same... i wish you live in ND when militancy reign..then you see that they know no bounds when carrying out their destructive act. Can anybody tell me what have change in the ND. Nothing. Some bunch of criminals, after killing innocent people are now on the Govt payroll, while in the same ND we have law abiding citizen lying jobless, homeless, and futureless. During their time (ND Militant) they create insecurity, and kills at will. Therefore, tell me what is the difference. You can say because of marginalization, injustice or wealth control. But my question is, did anything change since the amnesty?

omonnakoda: More importantly what were the Niger Delta militants actually fighting for and WHAT HAVE THEY GOT NOW?
Their environment remains devastated. Education poor and their people exploited ; young girls for prostitution by oil workers in large numbers and young men as cheap labour. Oil spills have not been cleaned and derivation remains at 13%. One would like to believe that the ultimate goal was a change in derivation formula, which I support. Instead the MILITANTS have been "settled" inshort they too have "identified with the aggressor" so how long before some other wake up to realise they have been conned. We know how rich Asari Dokubo is ,Tompolo is and others like him.

Our young people need to learn how to THINK and not just REACT like a programme as we observe on this thread. For me Buhari is not really an important part of the equation. Let us try and use our brains
Ah finally people who see the 'ND struggle' shocked shocked for what it really was embarassed embarassed
A SCAM to drain the government tongue tongue

Rooneyboy:

Yes, the genuine struggle of fat bank accounts, big cars, big houses and big yanshes grin grin
So much so that the unemployed tertiary graduates of Bayelsa cursed the day they chose education and not the creeks when Dickson arrested them for protesting their lack of jobs cry cry
I believe he calls it, rumour mongering shocked shocked grin grin
Re: Buhari - No Difference Between Boko Haram And Niger Delta Militants by eastOFwest(m): 11:27am On Apr 02, 2013
~Bluetooth:

Nigerians didn't vote for communities and leaders,they voted for Jonathan and its his responsibility to ensure the territorial integrity of Nigeria and to crush internal aggression that may threaten the unity of Nigeria. Fight boko haram,Jonathan said No. . .grant them amnesty,he said NO. . .how does he intend to tackle them ?

How can you say he's not fighting Boko Haram? Do you want him to wear camouflage, mount a horse or tank and charge with a battalion, King Richard III style, before you know he is fighting? Or is he supposed to go and flatten the north with bombs and missiles?
Re: Buhari - No Difference Between Boko Haram And Niger Delta Militants by Demdem(m): 11:27am On Apr 02, 2013
wingman: @bluetoooth. You keep repeating that ND militants killed foreigners. How many foreigners? Stop lying cause you want to buttress an argument. The much the ND militants did was to kidnap oil workers, foreigners and nationals. Well am not surprised, you were never known to argue intelligently.

Are u aware that these MEND killers went all the way to atlas cove lagos to kill. The loved ones of those killed are yet to receive justice while perpetrators constantly receive presidential patronage. Does that make sense to u.
Re: Buhari - No Difference Between Boko Haram And Niger Delta Militants by Rooneyboy(m): 11:28am On Apr 02, 2013
Demdem:

U don't know what u are talking about. MEND came to artillery junction here in PH during the day and started shooting sporadically. I am a living witness. All for their selfish gains.

are u writing from the grave

Give me a break abeg.

Wld like a link to this rubbish u put up here.
Re: Buhari - No Difference Between Boko Haram And Niger Delta Militants by ochukoccna: 11:29am On Apr 02, 2013
mekaboy:

The same president yaradua from the north, sent soldiers to flush out the sect boko haram. If a northern muslim president did not tolerate them, why would gej?
Bullets can kill off armed insurgency but never a religious ideology
Ask Americans in Iraq and Afghanistan cool cool
Re: Buhari - No Difference Between Boko Haram And Niger Delta Militants by taharqa: 11:30am On Apr 02, 2013
berem: Buhari refused to mediate on behalf of Boko haram, he was tagged their sponsor. If he had mediated, he will still be tagged a boko haramist. Meanwhile, some boko haram members were found in the houses of some PDP members in the north, yet Buhari gets the blame! and the blame still continues......
BH membas hv been said to hv bn found in ANPP Politician homes, PDP homes, CPC homes (rememba d latest 'organiser of APC in Kaduna'?), homes of nonpoliticians and religious leadas, etc... You know what is d COMMON THREAD here? that's right: THEY ARE ALL MUSLIM LEADAS FROM THE 'CORE' NORTH, esp d NE..

1 Like

Re: Buhari - No Difference Between Boko Haram And Niger Delta Militants by mekaboy(m): 11:30am On Apr 02, 2013
Atonto: If you say they are not the same... i wish you live in ND when militancy reign..then you see that they know no bounds when carrying out their destructive act. Can anybody tell me what have change in the ND. Nothing. Some bunch of criminals, after killing innocent people are now on the Govt payroll, while in the same ND we have law abiding citizen lying jobless, homeless, and futureless. During their time (ND Militant) they create insecurity, and kills at will. Therefore, tell me what is the difference. You can say because of marginalization, injustice or wealth control. But my question is, did anything change since the amnesty?
Boo,...they are the same jor ...one motive is to rule his people with sharia, and the other one motive, is to control its resources. but they both kill innocent people.
Fed Govt should not have grant any amnesty to any ND militant cos they are killers. It is just like paying ransom to kidnappers. You are encouraging more to join.
Buhari is right in the perspective of criminality and insecurity which is the responsibility of the Govt to tackle.

Since when did imposing religion on others become the right of any group or region in this country? So u call forcing people to join their religion their right? Think talk .
Re: Buhari - No Difference Between Boko Haram And Niger Delta Militants by honeric01(m): 11:31am On Apr 02, 2013
[quote author=daprince-A][/quote]

can you prove that buhari called for amnesty for bh?

Why's the govt not giving us names of the sponsors? Jonathan said he's got the list yet he claima they're ghost. How do you have a list of ghost?
Re: Buhari - No Difference Between Boko Haram And Niger Delta Militants by groovie(m): 11:31am On Apr 02, 2013
@bluetooth my guy, ur hatred for the president has beclouded ur analysis.
Re: Buhari - No Difference Between Boko Haram And Niger Delta Militants by eastOFwest(m): 11:31am On Apr 02, 2013
Demdem:

Get your facts right! Those were the cultists and gangstars that were created by Odili for thugery which he lost control of.
Re: Buhari - No Difference Between Boko Haram And Niger Delta Militants by Demdem(m): 11:31am On Apr 02, 2013

Excellent input. Those of us in the ND knows that MEND are criminals. The last set of people that trully fought for the emancipation of ND are the late saro wiwa and colleagues. These ones coming after them are rogues.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Kogi Former Attorney-General Arrested In UK For Trying To Cash Abacha Loot / Governor Ganduje Rejects Aisha Bello's Resignation As Accountant-General / Buhari Appoints Captain Rabiu Hamisu Yadudu As FAAN MD (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.