Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,482 members, 7,819,757 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:25 PM

Buhari - No Difference Between Boko Haram And Niger Delta Militants - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari - No Difference Between Boko Haram And Niger Delta Militants (20787 Views)

Niger-Delta Militants' Plot To Arm-Twist Buhari Fails - Vanguard / Boko Haram And Jonathan: The Truth Unfolds - Thisday / Abuja Blasts: Niger Delta Militants Might Be Responsible – NLC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari - No Difference Between Boko Haram And Niger Delta Militants by ochukoccna: 12:56pm On Apr 02, 2013
Olaolufred:
(2) JONATHAN IS SO DUMB THAT HE ALLOWED IT TO KEEP GROWING STEADILY TILL TODAY. HOWEVER, HE EATS FOOD WORTH 1 BILLION NAIRA A YEAR. HOW CAN HE EVER HAVE A BRAIN TO THINK.
(
Guy, you no nice at all grin grin grin grin
Re: Buhari - No Difference Between Boko Haram And Niger Delta Militants by mike404(m): 12:59pm On Apr 02, 2013
Demdem:

Excellent input. Those of us in the ND knows that MEND are criminals. The last set of people that trully fought for the emancipation of ND are the late saro wiwa and colleagues. These ones coming after them are rogues.
Then what happened to ken saro wiwa If killed, then under which regime If military regime, who was the head of state then Old boy stop behaving like a phool... I.diat
Re: Buhari - No Difference Between Boko Haram And Niger Delta Militants by jidewin(m): 1:00pm On Apr 02, 2013
Geh geun! Oya,vote for Buhari now.I said this man is not fit,not him nor any of his class.He's a sharia apologist and also have dictatorial tendencies.Or was this not the same man that ssaid "there is north and there is CORE NORTH". How far now?.Nigeria...division is the way.Finish and Klaar.
Re: Buhari - No Difference Between Boko Haram And Niger Delta Militants by Nobody: 1:01pm On Apr 02, 2013
berem: Buhari don fall my hand! No one in his right senses should compare Boko Haram to Niger Delta Militancy. NEVER!
Buhari has not compared BokoHaram with Nigerdelta Militancy(as the headline capped it).......He only says Both struggle are all form of ''Insecurity'' which the Federal Government should know how/why it(militancy/terrorism) occured and how to ''mellow'' them down.....!!!

He said there can't be progress in the economy when there is insecurity......!!!

When one read the article with unbiased mind,one shd get my above post....!!!

BokoHaram and MEND are completely different in terms of Ideology and Operation.....But Both constitute ''INSECURITY''......!!!!
Re: Buhari - No Difference Between Boko Haram And Niger Delta Militants by mike404(m): 1:02pm On Apr 02, 2013
mekaboy:

Well that ideology of Islamic Nigeria will not be tolerated in this country
GBAM!
Re: Buhari - No Difference Between Boko Haram And Niger Delta Militants by DrSadikMagaji(m): 1:03pm On Apr 02, 2013
All I can see is tribalism and illiteracy over here! U were all educated to be rich and not to be happy that's the reason why you are more concerned about the price of things and not their value!!!! I know tho Mod will hide this as soon as he can! The fact!
Re: Buhari - No Difference Between Boko Haram And Niger Delta Militants by Demdem(m): 1:05pm On Apr 02, 2013
mike404:
Then what happened to ken saro wiwa If killed, then under which regime If military regime, who was the head of state then Old boy stop behaving like a phool... I.diat

Phool......u are really daffft.
Again I reinstate that the last set of people that effortlessly fought in truth and indeed for their people and land are the late saro wiwa and his colleagues of blessed memory.
All those after them so far are thieves, killers and murderers deceiving folks that they are fighting for them but scandalously enriching themselves at the detriment of the same improverished people..
Re: Buhari - No Difference Between Boko Haram And Niger Delta Militants by emmsnice(m): 1:10pm On Apr 02, 2013
Is he tryin to equate the value of money to lives. Den he dose'nt knw wat hiz talkin about.
Re: Buhari - No Difference Between Boko Haram And Niger Delta Militants by Demdem(m): 1:12pm On Apr 02, 2013
emmsnice: Is he tryin to equate the value of money to lives. Den he dose'nt knw wat hiz talkin about.

Read and understand what he was saying. U have a brain no doubt.
Re: Buhari - No Difference Between Boko Haram And Niger Delta Militants by DanIlon(m): 1:17pm On Apr 02, 2013
Buhari u are right FG has order execute yusuf in hand of security force and where the problem is more increase and insecuruty across national,flood bomb material and ak 47 rifles, if u are think able sit down and think
Re: Buhari - No Difference Between Boko Haram And Niger Delta Militants by Iykopee(m): 1:18pm On Apr 02, 2013
GEJ is clueless and the senseless, dehydrated looking mongrel dat calls himself buhari is even more clueless dan GEJ...check the nucleus of his statements...''what are the ways to solve bokoharam issues or how can it be solved from his own perspective'', the aimless man was busy heaping blames on FG as if the issue of security isnt a collective responsibility....i weep for those calling on dis schizoid to be our president come 2015.... GEJ is a retardee but buhari is d chief of retardees.
Re: Buhari - No Difference Between Boko Haram And Niger Delta Militants by Nobody: 1:19pm On Apr 02, 2013
To stop all the fight, make we split Nigeria eee!

Seun, I hope you get anit-bomb facility for Nairaland?

Anyway, I don order my e-armoured car, I go dey driver am come Nairaland and I do my contributions from inside, just in case.
Re: Buhari - No Difference Between Boko Haram And Niger Delta Militants by DanIlon(m): 1:20pm On Apr 02, 2013
jidewin: Geh geun! Oya,vote for Buhari now.I said this man is not fit,not him nor any of his class.He's a sharia apologist and also have dictatorial tendencies.Or was this not the same man that ssaid "there is north and there is CORE NORTH". How far now?.Nigeria...division is the way.Finish and Klaar.
u are senseless per that wht u talk like anyhow
Re: Buhari - No Difference Between Boko Haram And Niger Delta Militants by bknight: 1:24pm On Apr 02, 2013
Experts in the field say "one man's nationalism is another's terrorism, one man's terrorism is another man's nationalism".

MEND's activities was clearly born of nationalism, exploitation & communal degradation was resisted. Does BH want compensation for their slain leader? Is the war against corrupt practices by d govt & injustice by security personnels? Traits of nationalism isn't found in the activities of BH.
Even MEND they masked their faces during aggression, they unmasked during peace talks. Elsewhere, the identities of ppl fighting for a cause have always been known. BH refuses to unmask. This is not bravery but cowardice.

The civilians that were killed when MEND struck was collateral damage, they were not main targets. BH targets unsuspecting, unarmed civilians going abt their daily activities.

So no sir, IMV MEND & BH are not same. Only that they both carried arms.
Re: Buhari - No Difference Between Boko Haram And Niger Delta Militants by tawa89(f): 1:31pm On Apr 02, 2013
~Bluetooth:

The problem with most of you is that you are products of a failed educational system and have also failed to improve yourselves.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Militant

Buhari is talking about the underlying factor that motivates both terrorism and miltancy in Nigeria.they are product of a failed government and failed economy.

Well some people try to justify militancy simply because they don't attack fellow Nigerians but these same groups attack,kidnap, kill foreigners and sabotage government installations .Don't they cause havoc one way or the other ? Hamas used to be a militant group but when it couldn't get what it wanted,it started attacking Israel.

Before amnesty was granted,Rivers state was almost grounded by the activities of militant groups who launched attacks,kidnap and killed people at will.The context of militancy and terrorism encompass an ideology which involved a group of persons agitating for control of a part of the nation involving arms struggle solely to OVERTHROW the central government by instigating widespread acts of violence among the populace.

Surprisingly,the Niger delta militants have better weaponry and more sophisticated than boko haram yet we assumed that they were the lesser of two evils simply because they are killing foreigners and sabotaging Nigeria economy.

1 Like

Re: Buhari - No Difference Between Boko Haram And Niger Delta Militants by tashanja(m): 1:34pm On Apr 02, 2013
~Bluetooth:

The problem with most of you is that you are products of a failed educational system and have also failed to improve yourselves.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Militant

Buhari is talking about the underlying factor that motivates both terrorism and miltancy in Nigeria.they are product of a failed government and failed economy.

Well some people try to justify militancy simply because they don't attack fellow Nigerians but these same groups attack,kidnap, kill foreigners and sabotage government installations .Don't they cause havoc one way or the other ? Hamas used to be a militant group but when it couldn't get what it wanted,it started attacking Israel.

Before amnesty was granted,Rivers state was almost grounded by the activities of militant groups who launched attacks,kidnap and killed people at will.The context of militancy and terrorism encompass an ideology which involved a group of persons agitating for control of a part of the nation involving arms struggle solely to OVERTHROW the central government by instigating widespread acts of violence among the populace.

Surprisingly,the Niger delta militants have better weaponry and more sophisticated than boko haram yet we assumed that they were the lesser of two evils simply because they are killing foreigners and sabotaging Nigeria economy.

I agree with your point, some of us allow sentiments to cloud our power of logical deductions.
First of all, Buhari is in the opposition, so what do you expect from him, if not criticise the Gov. like any other in the position of opposition?

Secondly, what he said could not be far from the truth; which was security is the responsibility of the government and he went on to question the manner at which this government has been handling the matter. He and some people (mainly from the North and some Southerners too) see the issue of amnesty as a viable option to the problem and further more saw similarities in the principles involved in granting MEND same.

As a Southerner living in the North I have come to appreciate what some of their leaders are saying. You need to see the number of innocent civilians caught in between the BH and JTF, many are being killed and maimed by both sides, what is worse is that the longer it takes the more the consequences of the extraJudicial killing is winning the terrorists more converts.
Some are innocent people who would never have contemplated Joining; but end up aligning with the terrorists simply to take revenge against the enforcement agents for killing their loved ones (this phenomenon happens also elsewhere e.g. Iraq, Afghanistan due to mishandling by soldiers and a failure to win the hearts & minds of the local population they were sent to save).

The longer this thing continues the more it is likely to spread beyond the North and engulf all of us. Government tactics of brute force has so far failed, its time to consider other options; I am therefore not against amnesty if that will bring to us peace.

Please let us think with heads not our hearts.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari - No Difference Between Boko Haram And Niger Delta Militants by dbride: 1:38pm On Apr 02, 2013
~Bluetooth:

Let me give you a chance despite your shortcoming. . .what is the difference between terrorism and insurgency ? Can't you guys just tell us the difference instead of bitching about his person here ?

Earlier it was the word "dummy" now it is "bitching", why do you always like abusive/derogatory words even when they are not necessary? You can do better I am sure. Why fight over the words militancy, terrorism and insurgency? That's not important. The argument is on: No Difference between Boko Haram and Niger Delta Militants/Terrorists/Insurgents!

Boko Haram claim they are against western education, but do you know their identity, their real demands, their location? You cannot deny knowing the identity of the niger delta militants, their location, their demands. To make this difference outstanding, the boko haram boys use SUICIDE BOMBERS.

Bluetooth, are you certain there is no difference between these two groups? We must have an open mind to be able to make unbiased contribution to any topic; who we dislike or like for whatever reasons must NOT come to play.
Re: Buhari - No Difference Between Boko Haram And Niger Delta Militants by hadizadeezy(f): 1:40pm On Apr 02, 2013
tawa89: If GMB really said that ......then he must really dumb to even think that Militancy is the same as Terrorism.
i bet u dnt knw d meanin of d 2 words cos if u do u wouldnt av made such a dumb coment
Re: Buhari - No Difference Between Boko Haram And Niger Delta Militants by Demdem(m): 1:41pm On Apr 02, 2013
bknight: Experts in the field say "one man's nationalism is another's terrorism, one man's terrorism is another man's nationalism".

MEND's activities was clearly born of nationalism, exploitation & communal degradation was resisted. Does BH want compensation for their slain leader? Is the war against corrupt practices by d govt & injustice by security personnels? Traits of nationalism isn't found in the activities of BH.
Even MEND they masked their faces during aggression, they unmasked during peace talks. Elsewhere, the identities of ppl fighting for a cause have always been known. BH refuses to unmask. This is not bravery but cowardice.

The civilians that were killed when MEND struck was collateral damage, they were not main targets. BH targets unsuspecting, unarmed civilians going abt their daily activities.

So no sir, IMV MEND & BH are not same. Only that they both carried arms.

Put urself in the shoes of the loved ones of the victims, what will u do to the person that claimed ur late pop was collateral damage and seeing the culprits not being brought to justice?
I pray u won't become collateral damage ursef one day.
Re: Buhari - No Difference Between Boko Haram And Niger Delta Militants by OrangeHokage(m): 1:43pm On Apr 02, 2013
H TgfvcI have said it before and I'll continue to say 95.6% of Nigerians are just way too shallow, what is the point the man is tryna make, do u guys even read it self, he just blamed the nation's insecurity on th federal government which is supposed to be so, so whether he compares boko to the ND militants or to osisikaukwu the man is right
Re: Buhari - No Difference Between Boko Haram And Niger Delta Militants by johnnynikky(m): 1:49pm On Apr 02, 2013
By thy word u shall know them.
Buhari has always shown how incompetent he is from the way he addresses issues and I have categorically concluded that Buhari is amongst the God father and sponsors of boko-haram.

Niger Delta militants had their course well defined, their leaders were known, they knew what they stood for and fought for it.

The countries wealth is greatly dependant on them and yet they were treated like they don't matter, they were not recognized probably because they were neither in the west nor north.
The government never listened or cared to when it was more like peaceful demonstrations from the N/D instead they were seen as been weak and the likes of Ken Saro-Wiwa were killed for agitating for what they think is their right.
Can this ever happen in the North?

We already know what the boko-haram stood for. They've vowed to frustrate Jonathan's government and that they are doing. The so called ''Northerners strong men'' are just been selfish and devilish, they have the highest reign in power, benefited more from this country, the most influential in the country and still yet they ain't satisfied.

Buhari is a losser and those that believe in him should start to have a re-think 'cos this man can't just be of any good to this nation instead to the glory of the north.
Re: Buhari - No Difference Between Boko Haram And Niger Delta Militants by hadizadeezy(f): 1:51pm On Apr 02, 2013
buhari is ryt because boko haram and militant ar suposed to b seen as terrorist in d eyes of fg cos d both grooups terorize and dat depends on oour defination of terrorism
Re: Buhari - No Difference Between Boko Haram And Niger Delta Militants by dbride: 1:52pm On Apr 02, 2013
I am one of those who think Buhari would make a better president. I am not going to lie that I am not disappointed reading his opinion about boko haram because I am CERTAIN there is a BIG DIFFERENCE between the Niger Delta and Boko Haram militants.

For me, God speaks, reveals things, in diverse ways and it is left to me to discern and make my decisions from there.
Re: Buhari - No Difference Between Boko Haram And Niger Delta Militants by 1Dray(m): 1:53pm On Apr 02, 2013
slimghost:

Eeeeyaaa, sis Berem, have u heard what your sugardaddy said? Anywayn he didn't disappoint me.

Good! I concur to this...
Re: Buhari - No Difference Between Boko Haram And Niger Delta Militants by ikeyman00(m): 1:53pm On Apr 02, 2013
@@@@

to be honest thread like this should not be in nl

this is sickening and to think this is man going for top job nawooo

well some oduduwa as always will type rubbish as usual

this is sick

very sick!

only the truth will save Nigeria
Re: Buhari - No Difference Between Boko Haram And Niger Delta Militants by 1Dray(m): 1:55pm On Apr 02, 2013
berem: Buhari don fall my hand! No one in his right senses should compare Boko Haram to Niger Delta Militancy. NEVER!

Oh really? Dont tell me you wanna give up to the fight to replace one of his wives...
Re: Buhari - No Difference Between Boko Haram And Niger Delta Militants by hadizadeezy(f): 1:57pm On Apr 02, 2013
johnnynikky: By thy word u shall know them.
Buhari has always shown how incompetent he is from the way he addresses issues and I have categorically concluded that Buhari is amongst the God father and sponsors of boko-haram.

Niger Delta militants had their course well defined, their leaders were known, they knew what they stood for and fought for it.

The countries wealth is greatly dependant on them and yet they were treated like they don't matter, they were not recognized probably because they were neither in the west nor north.
The government never listened or cared to when it was more like peaceful demonstrations from the N/D instead they were seen as been weak and the likes of Ken Saro-Wiwa were killed for agitating for what they think is their right.

We already know what the boko-haram stood for. They've vowed to frustrate Jonathan's government and that they are doing. The so called ''Northerners strong men'' are just been selfish and devilish, they have the highest reign in power, benefited more from this country, the most influential in the country and still yet they ain't satisfied.

Buhari is a losser and those that believe in him should start to have a re-think 'cos this man can't just be of any good to this nation instead to the glory of the north.
i can deduce dat u ar capitalisin on propaganda,reason b4 u post and mek sure u av a profound knowledge on such issue b4 mekin a coment... Now leme ask u, wat abt d boko haram members dat wia caught,d 3 senstors mentioned to b sponsors?isnt dat enof 4 fg to use as an element?plssssssss stp bein unbiase owk
Re: Buhari - No Difference Between Boko Haram And Niger Delta Militants by jerusalem101: 1:58pm On Apr 02, 2013
utumunta: Would d heavens fall if Buhari had said dat "d boko haram insurgence is a national problem that requires all hands on deck to solve it" ?
1960 men in 2013, how do u expect them to function properly? It is dissappointing dat many youths follow nd sing praises of men like ds. Buhari nd GEJ shall continue to progress in error as long as sentiment cloud our reason.To narrow the 2015 election to these two men shows we ar out of options.
Boko haram is a creation of d long years of neglect of northern Nig by their elites . The elites are realising ds fact bt instead of tackling d matter head-on, have shifted d blame(as usual) to the F.G via amnesty.
No need to cry over spilt milk, i foresee a French-like revolution in d north. The ruling class will tumble down at d end .

that's just the simple truth here,since from the 1st coup 2 d last coup,it has always been the Northerners and they couldn't develop their place upon their long rule of terror,now they r all crying as if it was GEJ that created the Almajiri that are mainly use as foot soldiers of BOKO HARAM,if they r pple that shld be blame here, is the Selfish Northern leaders who saw religion as an avenue/weapon which they used in impoverishing their pple academically n otherwise and now instead of looking inward,they r using politics to shield their evil deeds.
when education was made important in the southern part of the country especially the west,,what were d northern leaders during even while they were in power? rather it was religion they gave importance 2..they must champion the fight cuz they created BOKO HARAM period!!! the underdevelopment in the North is created he northerners cuz they have been ruling this country since if that's actually what boko haram is fighting 4..
Re: Buhari - No Difference Between Boko Haram And Niger Delta Militants by chieli: 2:01pm On Apr 02, 2013
why are we so quick to believe this report about Buhari. I hope this is not a sponsored post by some Anti-Buhari individuals. what is the source of this information please. always indicate.
Re: Buhari - No Difference Between Boko Haram And Niger Delta Militants by hadizadeezy(f): 2:03pm On Apr 02, 2013
johnnynikky: By thy word u shall know them.

bias nt unbias
Re: Buhari - No Difference Between Boko Haram And Niger Delta Militants by ikeyman00(m): 2:03pm On Apr 02, 2013
@@@@@

fg gov did this and that

boko haram is pdp bra bra bra

any more

rubbish!

boko evil is the consequence of hatefulness and wickedness of the life style in the north

when miss world was gonna take place in naija; where were the northern hypocrites. U and me knew wat happened then

with all the killing that has been going on even before boko get so bad where were these bbastards

now u lot have come out to tell us Mend that barely kill their hostage or even blow up masses is the same as boko shocked

u lots are sick and very sick

every body knew that as long as the hypocrite keep limping when the tables turns the other way it will be deadly; so why all of a sudden the wolves are out to cry eh
Re: Buhari - No Difference Between Boko Haram And Niger Delta Militants by Nextlevel0007(m): 2:05pm On Apr 02, 2013
Who is this over Hyped Arabian Monkey.... See who wnt to b Nigerian president ..smh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Dambazau: OPC, IPOB Are Just Like Boko Haram / Ebonyi, Three Others Get ₦24 Billion For Ranching / Interview With Ojukwu,comments On The Coup And Awolowo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.