Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,424 members, 7,815,957 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:11 PM

Buhari - No Difference Between Boko Haram And Niger Delta Militants - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari - No Difference Between Boko Haram And Niger Delta Militants (20767 Views)

Niger-Delta Militants' Plot To Arm-Twist Buhari Fails - Vanguard / Boko Haram And Jonathan: The Truth Unfolds - Thisday / Abuja Blasts: Niger Delta Militants Might Be Responsible – NLC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari - No Difference Between Boko Haram And Niger Delta Militants by Demdem(m): 11:33am On Apr 02, 2013
eastOFwest:

Get your facts right! Those were the cultists and gangstars that were created by Odili for thugery which he lost control of.

I know what am talking about. Cultists did theirs and Mend also. Besides there is a thin line BTW the two
Re: Buhari - No Difference Between Boko Haram And Niger Delta Militants by Rooneyboy(m): 11:33am On Apr 02, 2013
ochukoccna:

Yes, the genuine struggle of fat bank accounts, big cars, big houses and big yanshes grin grin
So much so that the unemployed tertiary graduates of Bayelsa cursed the day they chose education and not the creeks when Dickson arrested them for protesting their lack of jobs cry cry
I believe he calls it, rumour mongering shocked shocked grin grin

Thank u for buttressing my point and contradicting urself with this.

They have the oil, the land? suffer through school , yet still no job after years of graduation and u say they should keep mute and fold their hands

That shows your brilliance.
Re: Buhari - No Difference Between Boko Haram And Niger Delta Militants by mekaboy(m): 11:34am On Apr 02, 2013
ochukoccna:
Bullets can kill off armed insurgency but never a religious ideology
Ask Americans in Iraq and Afghanistan cool cool

Well that ideology of Islamic Nigeria will not be tolerated in this country
Re: Buhari - No Difference Between Boko Haram And Niger Delta Militants by ochukoccna: 11:35am On Apr 02, 2013
honeric01:

can you prove that buhari called for amnesty for bh?

Why's the govt not giving us names of the sponsors? Jonathan said he's got the list yet he claima they're ghost. How do you have a list of ghost?
That got me cracked up shocked shocked
List of ghosts, WTF! cheesy cheesy
Wetin pesin no go hear for NL grin grin
Re: Buhari - No Difference Between Boko Haram And Niger Delta Militants by Burger01(m): 11:38am On Apr 02, 2013
I have always known this national TV 'crying' presidential chameleon doesn't mean well for Nigeria.. Sai Buhari, am not surprised you could not separate the wheat from the chaff as that has always been you political insigma... Insa-- too fvcking bad.... sad
Re: Buhari - No Difference Between Boko Haram And Niger Delta Militants by barikay: 11:38am On Apr 02, 2013
berem: On a serious note, who should be blamed for Boko haram insurgence if not the Federal Government? The northern elites have asked for Amnesty which the FG Is still adamant to grant. So who should be blamed then? If your president had said Boko haram members are in his government, on the other hand he said they are ghosts, who is the federal government fooling? there is actually something about this hullabaloo we Nigerians don't know yet.
Name them may will can grant ur heart desires. Sympathizers.
Re: Buhari - No Difference Between Boko Haram And Niger Delta Militants by Nobody: 11:39am On Apr 02, 2013
Mr buhari you mean what you said

5 Likes

Re: Buhari - No Difference Between Boko Haram And Niger Delta Militants by honeric01(m): 11:39am On Apr 02, 2013
ochukoccna:
That got me cracked up shocked shocked
List of ghosts, WTF! cheesy cheesy
Wetin pesin no go hear for NL grin grin

abi na, jonathan thinks all Nigerians are as foolish as the 22 million mugus including ghost votes/underage voters/multiple thumb owners that voted jonathan and not pdp.

He should release the list of the ghost that are in his cabinet sponsoring boko haram.
Re: Buhari - No Difference Between Boko Haram And Niger Delta Militants by ochukoccna: 11:39am On Apr 02, 2013
mekaboy:

Well that ideology of Islamic Nigeria will not be tolerated in this country
It is clearer than daylight that Nigeria is made up of incongruous and disparate people
The sooner we hold a SNC to iron out our differences, the better for this British contraption before it explodes on all our heads cool cool
Re: Buhari - No Difference Between Boko Haram And Niger Delta Militants by 2goodbobo(m): 11:40am On Apr 02, 2013
I am highly disappointed in the General for saying this. Imagine coming from a potential presidential candidate that will be seeking for people's vote soon.

Even a blind man knows there is a big chasm and difference between Boko Haram and Millitants. Boko haram have deleted many lives in this country and have also rendered some people disable. Millitants on the other hand, destroy oil pipe lines and kidnap for ransom.

Once again you have shown to the world that you are fully in support of Boko Haram.

1 Like

Re: Buhari - No Difference Between Boko Haram And Niger Delta Militants by eastOFwest(m): 11:40am On Apr 02, 2013
ochukoccna:

Ah finally people who see the 'ND struggle' shocked shocked for what it really was embarassed embarassed
A SCAM to drain the government tongue tongue

Yes, the genuine struggle of fat bank accounts, big cars, big houses and big yanshes grin grin
So much so that the unemployed tertiary graduates of Bayelsa cursed the day they chose education and not the creeks when Dickson arrested them for protesting their lack of jobs cry cry
I believe he calls it, rumour mongering shocked shocked grin grin

Yes they sold out for big yanshes(LOL), but they didn't go to places where innocent people were gathered to detonate bombs and kill indiscriminately.
Re: Buhari - No Difference Between Boko Haram And Niger Delta Militants by Demdem(m): 11:41am On Apr 02, 2013
Rooneyboy:

are u writing from the grave

Give me a break abeg.

Wld like a link to this rubbish u put up here.

U were probably still sucking ur mothers breasts then and so u never knew it happened. Wait for useless link.
Nonsense.
Re: Buhari - No Difference Between Boko Haram And Niger Delta Militants by Sibrah: 11:41am On Apr 02, 2013
Buhari should read this.
1. Boko Haram is a terrorist body while MEND is a Militancy struggle.
2. Boko Haram is focused on harming fellow Nigerian as a way of blackmailing while mend was focused on harming foreigners as a way of drawing attention from all over the world.
3. BH is open to wide range of interpretation as against MEND's struggle against skewed resource allocation and environmental degradation.
4. BH are claiming to be fighting for Sharia all over Nigeria - and act that violates the people's right tof freedom to practice other religions while MEND were agitating for the good of their public structures and environment.
5. BH real sympathisers and top figures are unknown while in MEND's time everybody knew The likes of Asari, Tompolo, and co.
6. BH aren't willing to allow their top figures show up for negotiation but MEND showed up negotiation.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari - No Difference Between Boko Haram And Niger Delta Militants by phineas: 11:41am On Apr 02, 2013
and since we are on this topic,I must add my observations....On a recent trip to the niger delta region,I saw pple accord respect that was shrouded in fear and awe to the pple they described as millitants,they got vip treatment like they were super humans.I saw jobless youths and no jobs,My friend I was visiting had once been kidnapped and had paid a ransom,the only other person I knew in town had also been kidnapped in the past also paid a ransom,it appeared there was no motivation in this town for the youths to work to earn legitimate pay,crime obviously has been institutionalized.All because the authorities rewarded wrong.

So the hardworking,honest Niger delta guy earning 200,000 naira and struggling to build his life while paying his bills and earning a honest living is regarded as unsuccesfull and a failure,and the unemployed ones....well they find money to spend somehow.And it appeared majority had emmigrated away from there.

by granting this amnesty to the millitants and actually paying them,the nation has rewarded violence and set a trend for the future,that violence pays.The militancy issue is like the hydra head with tentacles far reaching than amnesty can truly solve.This very system that rewards crime and condems hardwork and justice must be condemed today so we all can live without looking over our shoulders tommorow.so our children can have a place to call home without fear.

1 Like

Re: Buhari - No Difference Between Boko Haram And Niger Delta Militants by solomon111(m): 11:42am On Apr 02, 2013
honeric01:
then what is jonathan waiting for since you can prove that buhari's the sponsor?

So only christians are dying in the north?

you expect him to arrest buhari and risk the wrath of millions of illiterate almajiris setting the north on fire,especially when the northern elders support buhari.
Arresting buhari even if he is guilty,would be very stupidd, and would come with consequences far reaching than bokoharam.
Re: Buhari - No Difference Between Boko Haram And Niger Delta Militants by Rooneyboy(m): 11:42am On Apr 02, 2013
dazey: Commander-in- chief of the Boko Haram Armed Forces have spoken General Muhammad Buhari

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Buhari - No Difference Between Boko Haram And Niger Delta Militants by honeric01(m): 11:43am On Apr 02, 2013
eastOFwest:

Yes they sold out for big yanshes(LOL), but they didn't go to places where innocent people were gathered to detonate bombs and kill indiscriminately.

the october 1st bombing was done where? In the creeks or under a mountain?

I hope you know how many innocent Nigerians died and how jonathan defended mend by claiming they were not the culprit?
Re: Buhari - No Difference Between Boko Haram And Niger Delta Militants by Nobody: 11:44am On Apr 02, 2013
The most ridiculous debate I have heard from Nigerians and expecially on Nairaland is this attempt to differentiate between Boko Haram and MEND. Yes there are differences in the level of violence and this is due to the the inherent nature of the actors rather than a group policy. MEND being Southerners/Christains do not not believe naturally in taking people's life as opposed to the Boko haram actors.

That said MEND's (like Boko haram) activities falls within the definition of a terror group which is the use of violence and coercion to achieve any goals expecially political goals. It must also be said that the way the amnesty programme for MEND was defined could have encouraged the new dimension and call for amnesty for Boko Haram.

When Yar'adua created his amnesty programme I was against it because I knew it will lead to this. The programme simply rewarded those who had the temerity to lift arms against the State but had nothing for law abiding Niger-Delta citizens and I think this was a mistake! If necessary the amnesty programme for MEND needs to be revisited. What is required is True Fedralism and let all manage their own resource and hold their State or Regional governments responsible for their successes and failures!

Because so long as Tompolo and co still continue to live under a Welfare State not available to most law abiding Nigerians, the call for amnesty for Boko Haram will continue to gain traction and this will also encourage another terror group to emerge if and when Boko haram is granted amnesty!!!!

6 Likes

Re: Buhari - No Difference Between Boko Haram And Niger Delta Militants by ochukoccna: 11:44am On Apr 02, 2013
eastOFwest:

At the risk of sounding repetitive, I repost what I wrote on page 1 of this thread below and ask that you understand the Islamic mindset even if you do not subscribe to nor embrace it

Many of us fail to see beyond the politicization of the BH crises embarassed embarassed
Personally I believe some northern politicians funded /are funding the sect [more like America funded Afghanistan mujahideens to resist the Soviets invasion] but have long lost control
Many do not know Osama Bin Laden was once an American ally and Al Qaeda came to life when he went AWOL
However America while was able to cripple this incubus and kill Osama because it is a sovereign nation, [b]Al Qaeda was able to spawn genealogies because it is an pseudo religious ideology of Islamic theocracy not an outright armed economic insurrection against the state which MEND is
How come many Moslems while admitting they do not subscribe to the brand of Osama's Islam shy away from out rightly condemning him?
How come Osama Bin Laden is an underground cult hero shocked shocked shocked in the eyes of many a Moslem?
How come Al Qaeda type groups are still carrying out guerilla warfare in the face of the overwhelming superior fire power of the French backed Malian forces?
Why would the pant bomber Mutallab [a UK educated graduate shocked shocked shocked] turn his back on his privileged background [as Osama Bin Laden did too] and venture to be a suicide bomber?
We can keep blaming politics for BH without failing to note Arab nations horrors long associated with militant Islam is in bed with us
Till date Russia is still yet to subdue Islamic Checheyan rebels
How many understand that misguided Islamic theocracy is behind the Al Qaeda's of this world?[/b] sad sad

Ebele Jonathan is too weak and blinded by his 2015 ambition to bring the various Nigerian ethnic nationalities to the round table for us to renegotiate our cooperate existence as a nation
We can keep blaming politics for BH without failing to note Arab horrors long associated with militant Islam is in bed with us
Or that a disastrous religious civil war just a bus ride away from Borno, Kano or any of the Nigerian hotbeds of Islam
Re: Buhari - No Difference Between Boko Haram And Niger Delta Militants by JusticeEquity(m): 11:45am On Apr 02, 2013
Bahari as a RT. Gen should be well knowledgeable on issues concerning security. I agree with the fact the insecurity is a major issue in the country. Insecurity in any part of the country does not just endanger lives and property but will also cause regression in Economic growth. His comment on how insurgency has handled by the government is on track.
BokoHARAM and Militancy in Nigeria both promote civil unrest, and are strongly condemned.
Comparing Militancy in Niger Delta with BokoHaram is a diversion from reality. The Niger Delta militancy is clearly not a political or religious fight, It was clear that they were sponsored my some greedy leaders in the Niger delta. We all know some of the leaders of the groups and what they fight for, though I am of total objection to the modes by which they had and have been carrying out their fight for emancipation, Gandhi & Luther King Jr have set precedence on fighting peaceful and intellectual war, both of them accomplished their objectives without violence.

On the other hand ,BokoHaram as acted as a political and ethno-religious extremist, It should be known that I'm not of the opinion that BokoHaram is a religious or ethnic setup; I so much believe that they have a higher political sentiment than ethno-religious interest. We don't know the BokoHaram leadership, We don't even have a clear understanding of what they fight for. Their mode of operations is strongly linked to that of a popular terrorists organization.
Buhari as leader should rather suggest how things can be done to stop BokoHaram activities, rather make such such comparison.

N.B Political Sentiment in this context does not represent a political party or groups of political parties. It represent a group of people with common interest, which is aimed at making sure they have a grip of 'Power' by all possible means. They are desperate for Power and want to do anything to get it..
Re: Buhari - No Difference Between Boko Haram And Niger Delta Militants by Emperor007: 11:46am On Apr 02, 2013
All Islamic fanatics reason alike

3 Likes

Re: Buhari - No Difference Between Boko Haram And Niger Delta Militants by taharqa: 11:46am On Apr 02, 2013
Ngwakwe: All Northern Politicians whether in PDP, ANPP CPC or DPP have the same objective and want to use Boko Haram to create impression of instability / insecurity to discredit the present administration.

Buhari himself is "2011 Election Terrorist Initiator" that killed many Youth Corpers and harmless innocent Nigerians.

Thank you. This is d simple truth that fooolish peeps like @Berem hv refusd to grab. THERE ARE NO POLITICAL PARTY, in d real sense of dat word, IN THIS COUNTRY- just a collectn of INTERESTS, mostly personal, business, Regional, etc, with only a few espousing national interests. People wud pursue any specific aim across Party lines if any of d INTERESTS they espouse are threatend....... Although, it is VERY IMPORTANT to know that d BH crisis is mostly driven in its core by RELIGIOUS FUNDAMENTALISM and not by Politicians. Our general Ignorance of dis basic fact is d main reason d BH tin is with us till date. A few Politicians from d 'core' North (regardless of party) are just taking advantage of d whole tin in order to pursue certain selfish interests, mostly by not doing anytin to stop d crisis; BUT d insurgence is still mainly driven by a Bunch of EXTREMISTS with links and support from d outside. Its time we stoppd UNDUELY politicising this
Re: Buhari - No Difference Between Boko Haram And Niger Delta Militants by davesndy: 11:46am On Apr 02, 2013
Wsdm: How many are your votes from south-south. By the time credible election starts in Nigeria, you people from the south shall continue to beg for The zoning you jettison because of incumbent power. At that time, you shall know the power of numbers in electioneerring processes.
I hope in ur calculaation of d north u r nt inccludin benue, kogi, abuja, kwara, taraba, southern kd etc. because d day apc will come out nd field buhari, even d westerners will run. Look at d cretinous statement he made nd we still tink himm as a solution? Look if dis election is btw jonathan nd buhari, I can assure u dat he's loosing. Let apc field d likes of fashola for goodness sake! Let intelllectuals rule us
Re: Buhari - No Difference Between Boko Haram And Niger Delta Militants by honeric01(m): 11:46am On Apr 02, 2013
solomon111:
you expect him to arrest buhari and risk the wrath of millions of illiterate almajiris setting the north on fire,especially when the northern elders support buhari.
Arresting buhari even if he is guilty,would be very stupidd, and would come with consequences far reaching than bokoharam.

hehehe, so if he can't arrest buhari even as the president of Nigeria, then why is he the president? What about the list he has with him, why hasn't he arrested people on the list that are in his cabinet?

Why is it that azzazi that was about opening up about the pdp sponsors that died all of a sudden in the niger delta?
Re: Buhari - No Difference Between Boko Haram And Niger Delta Militants by ochukoccna: 11:50am On Apr 02, 2013
mikeansy:
When Yar'adua created his amnesty programme I was against it because I knew it will lead to this. The programme simply rewarded those who had the temerity to lift arms against the State but had nothing for law abiding Niger-Delta citizens and I think this was a mistake! If necessary the amnesty programme for MEND needs to be revisited. What is required is True Fedralism and let all manage their own resource and hold their State or Regional governments responsible for their successes and failures!

Because so long as Tompolo and co still continue to live under a Welfare State not available to most law abiding Nigerians, the call for amnesty for Boko Haram will continue to gain traction and this will also encourage another terror group to emerge if and when Boko haram is granted amnesty!!!!

Thank you sir
Many fail to recall that Ebele opened the pandora box with this so called amnesty program which is but a scam
While it is true Yaradua signed it into existence, Ebele claims the credit for this program
True Federalism is the way to go and an SNC is the place to start
Re: Buhari - No Difference Between Boko Haram And Niger Delta Militants by xrazzy(m): 11:51am On Apr 02, 2013
While I am not a fan of General Buhari, There is a iota of truth in his statement. I'm presently working on an undergraduate thesis about media and terrorism in Nigeria, and by relying on various scholars and established experts in the field of terrorism studies I was able to arrive at a conceptual framework on terrorism which can accommodate Niger Delta Militancy and Boko Haram as terrorist groups.
one of such definitions adopted in my study goes thus:
Terrorism is the deliberate use of violence against civilian in order to achieve political goals {ideological, national, social, religious etc} (International Counter Terrorism Academic Community’s definition as quoted by Schmid, 2011)

4 Likes

Re: Buhari - No Difference Between Boko Haram And Niger Delta Militants by solomon111(m): 11:52am On Apr 02, 2013
I just hope the Niger-delta militants are alert.
They should vigorously resist by any means possible any attempt of parasites to unjustly feed on their oil-wealth.
Any section of the country sympathetic to bokoharam should fund the amnesty programme from their internally generated revenue.

1 Like

Re: Buhari - No Difference Between Boko Haram And Niger Delta Militants by bjdon: 11:53am On Apr 02, 2013
To think that many ignorant Nigerians continue to hail this bigot as somekind of hero. What dose he have to say or do before people will seem him for zealot he his. Buhari is a typical Fulani. Arrogant to the core. He dose not care one iota for the people of the South-South. He has never expressed any concern for their plight. He also has never come out to clearly condemn BH and related Muslim fanatics. For God's sake even Sheik Gumi has done so , but not this jumped up Mullah.
Re: Buhari - No Difference Between Boko Haram And Niger Delta Militants by mrvictor: 11:53am On Apr 02, 2013
berem: On a serious note, who should be blamed for Boko haram insurgence if not the Federal Government? The northern elites have asked for Amnesty which the FG Is still adamant to grant. So who should be blamed then? If your president had said Boko haram members are in his government, on the other hand he said they are ghosts, who is the federal government fooling? there is actually something about this hullabaloo we Nigerians don't know yet.
You just got it wrong!
BokoHaram is a product of northern politics. the northern politicians knew how it started. They, the northeners sponsored it, nursed it & use it as tool to achieve selfish political aims, they used/use it against political enemies. When Jonathan finally turned their enemy by becoming the president, they unleashed Boko Haram asault targeting Jonathan's government.

The northern politians are the ones that created bokoharam and should be the ones in the best position to manage it. They own the dog, they should call it by its name.
So, how is president Jonathan evil for not garnting amnesty to terrorists?
Re: Buhari - No Difference Between Boko Haram And Niger Delta Militants by mrvictor: 11:54am On Apr 02, 2013
Let's call a spade a spade!!!

BokoHaram is a product of northern politics. the northern politicians knew how it started. They, the northeners sponsored it, nursed it & use it as tool to achieve selfish political aims, they used/use it against political enemies. When Jonathan finally turned their enemy by becoming the president, they unleashed Boko Haram asault targeting Jonathan's government.

Have you forgotten some of those northern politicians made utterances about making Nigeria ungovernable if Jonathan rules Nigeria?
Why did the northern elites keep mute about Boko Haram for over a year?
Did they think it was going to be that easy to frighten GEJ off the presidency?
How many of the northern politician has come out to condem boko haram openly?
Why are they now agitating for amnesty?
...oh! is it because the monster they have bred has come back to consume them?
Buhari & co are all screaming Jonathan! Jonathan! What about those northen polititians/ lawmakers in whose house boko haram leaders were arrested?

The northern politians are the ones that created bokoharam and should be the ones in the best position to manage it. They own the dog, they should call it by its name.
So, how is president Jonathan evil for not granting amnesty to terrorists?

If I have to blame Jonathan here, then I should blame him for not exposing & punishing the boko haram members he claimed has infilterated his government.
Re: Buhari - No Difference Between Boko Haram And Niger Delta Militants by ballabriggs: 11:56am On Apr 02, 2013
When people say Northern Elders "should look for a way to solve the issue", I laugh. Truth is Jonathan is simply not interested in solving this for reasons best known to him. Probably a PDP issue!

You had Datti Ahmed who was making moves for truce at a time. What happened? He was blackmailed, details of meetings that should have been top level restricted information was released to the press by same Guys who gave him the backing to work for peace. He was called sponsor of Boko Haram for attempting to find a solution to the crisis.

Is Namadi Sambo, the number 2 man not fit enough to look for a solution to these deaths?! You want me to believe Namadi Sambo cannot rally "Northern Elders" round to seek an end to this crisis? What exactly is his job in the government then? They all know what is going on. Azazi was sacrificed for giving us a hint as to what was happening.

Till date nothing has changed, thousands are still being hounded and murdered daily. Why Jona and his gang in the PDP only have one thing in mind, 2015.

I say woe unto them! The blood of those killed in this and other crisis will continue to hunt them.

1 Like

Re: Buhari - No Difference Between Boko Haram And Niger Delta Militants by aryzgreat: 11:56am On Apr 02, 2013
the commander-in-chief of the armed forces of Boko haram has spoken like a cow he is, am not suprised. APC my left nyash! See the mentality of our presidential aspirant! Always viewing things from Religious and federal character point of view. His assertion is dat since they are d same, boko should be treated d same way ND militants were treated, after wasting xtian lives? Thunder fire d animal called Buhari!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Buhari, Osinbajo Preside Over Emblem Appeal Launch For 2016 Armed Forces (Photos / CBN-Hajj Brouhaha: Tale Of A Country And Her Religious Bigots. / Peter Obi Meets With The Canadian High Commissioner (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.