Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,607 members, 7,827,289 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:08 AM

Scientists Reportedly Discover Gate To Hell (picture) - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Scientists Reportedly Discover Gate To Hell (picture) (75221 Views)

Toni Payne Blasts Chris Okotie For Saying "All Catholics Will Go To Hell" / Tianmen Cave - The Gate To Heaven Discovered In China / List Of People I Saw Going to Hell: Footballers & Fans, Musicians, Non-Tithers.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Scientists Reportedly Discover Gate To Hell (picture) by Ken4Christ: 11:42pm On Apr 06, 2013
Whichever way, until Christ comes, death is the only gateway to heaven or hell. If you die without knowing Christ and receiving him as your Lord and personal Saviour, you will land in hell. The Bible says so. Jesus warned us of the damnation of hell several times in the Bible. Below are some of the scriptures that talks about hell.

The wicked shall be turned into hell
[/i], and all the nations that forget God. (Psalms 9:17)

And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell[i]
.(Matthew 5:29)

And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell[/i]. (Matthew 10:28)

Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell[i]
? (Matthew 23:33)

There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day: And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores, And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores. And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried; And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments[/i], and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom. And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame. (Luke 16:19-24)

For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell[i]
, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment; (2 Peter 2:4)

And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire[i][/i]. This is the second death. (Revelation 20:14)

One more thing I love to say. Hell is not even the final destination of those who reject the gospel. There is a place worse than hell - The Lake of Fire as revealed in Rev. 20:14.

Doubting it will not change the truth of God's word. It is not the will of God that you go there that was why Jesus came to rescue you and I. But if you reject the gospel, you put yourself in danger of hell. So many are there already wishing their relatives will heed the gospel and not come there. It is a terrible place to be but the choice is yours.

2 Likes

Re: Scientists Reportedly Discover Gate To Hell (picture) by Faith2002: 9:39am On Jun 17, 2013
nairawall: It sounds like something out of a horror movie. But Italian scientists say that the “Gate to Hell” is the real deal—poisonous vapors and all.God wil see us thro in jesus name it wil not be our portion.

The announcement of the finding of the ruins of Pluto’s Gate (Plutonium in Latin) at an archeology conference in Turkey last month, was recently reported by Discovery News. Francesco D'Andria, professor of classic archaeology at the University of Salento in Lecce, Italy, who has been excavating the ancient Greco-Roman World Heritage Site of Hierapolis for years, led the research team.

D’Andria told Discovery News he used ancient mythology as his guide to locate the legendary portal to the underworld. “We found the Plutonium by reconstructing the route of a thermal spring. Indeed, Pamukkale' springs, which produce the famous white travertine terraces originate from this cave.”

Scribes like Cicero and the Greek geographer Strabo mentioned the gate to hell as located at the ancient site in Turkey, noted Discovery, but nobody had been able to find it until now.

“Pluto’s Gate” has been documented in the Princeton Encyclopedia of Classical Sites, which noted in its description of ancient Hierapolis, “Adjoining the temple on the SE is the Plutoneion, which constituted the city's chief claim to fame. It was described by Strabo as an orifice in a ridge of the hillside, in front of which was a fenced enclosure filled with thick mist immediately fatal to any who entered.”

Strabo (64 B.C.- 24 B.C.) wrote, “This space is full of a vapor so misty and dense that one can scarcely see the ground. Any animal that passes inside meets instant death. I threw in sparrows and they immediately breathed their last and fell.”

The portal to the underworld seems just as bad for your health today. The professor said, “We could see the cave's lethal properties during the excavation. Several birds died as they tried to get close to the warm opening, instantly killed by the carbon dioxide fumes.”

According to Discovery News, the fumes emanated from a cave below the site, which includes ionic columns with inscriptions to Pluto and Kore, gods of the underworld. Also discovered: the remains of a temple, and a pool and stairs placed above the cave. D'Andria is now working on a digital rendering of the site.

Amazingly, this isn’t the first entry to the underworld in the world. In the Karakum Desert, reports the Daily Mail, a fiery pit that’s been lit up for over 40 years has inspired visitors to Derweze in Turkmenistan—and on the Web. Geologists drilling in the area came across a natural gas cavern. Hoping to burn off the gas, they set it on fire. The flames continued to burn, leading locals to dub the site the “door to hell.”

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/scientists-reportedly-discover-gate-hell-203918901.html
http://ellist.com/ng/forum/1794/scientists-reportedly-discover-gate-to-hell
Re: Scientists Reportedly Discover Gate To Hell (picture) by Skykid1208(m): 9:50am On Aug 18, 2013
Gate of hell? Hahahaha dis peppz funy o!........hell is of spiritual existence not physical.gerit
Re: Scientists Reportedly Discover Gate To Hell (picture) by shinkafimoon(m): 12:11pm On Sep 16, 2013
pharuk: Looks like a steam room ??
Looks like a the masterpiece design of a spa....#justsaying
Re: Scientists Reportedly Discover Gate To Hell (picture) by shinkafimoon(m): 12:12pm On Sep 16, 2013
Looks like a the masterpiece design of a spa TO ME O....#justsaying
Re: Scientists Reportedly Discover Gate To Hell (picture) by shinkafimoon(m): 12:13pm On Sep 16, 2013
Looks like the masterpiece design of a spa TO ME O....#justsaying
Re: Scientists Reportedly Discover Gate To Hell (picture) by babamoha(m): 12:44pm On Jul 13, 2014
Are they not scientist they suppose to enter in their and carry out research about how to live in hell.mtchewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

1 Like

Re: Scientists Reportedly Discover Gate To Hell (picture) by KoloOyinbo(m): 5:19pm On Dec 28, 2014
sureteeboy:
Only God knows what's wrong with this scientists. When they get to real hell, they will know what they saw is fake

Please dont think the scientists are saying this. Any fool can see it is natural. Some religious fools will claim anything to bolster their foolish and misguided interpretations of their religion. Why would a NON MATERIAL place have a PHYSICAL entrance?

They know zero science and even less of spirituality!

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Noah's ark Hunters Claim boat Found in Mountains Using 3D Scans(Pics) / The Sack Letter Of Pastors In Winners Chapel Over 'Poor Church Growth' (Photo) / Church Of Satan Replies Nigerian Man Who Wants To Join Illuminati

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.