Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,196 members, 7,849,707 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 08:25 AM

South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? - Politics (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? (32625 Views)

We Will Arrest More Influential Nigerians In The Coming Weeks — EFCC Chairman / Saraki tells 3 Ex-Presidents, Influential Nigerians To Come To His Rescue-Nation / Xenophobia: South Africa Vs One Nigeria.[photo][viewer discretion] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by Nobody: 1:15am On Apr 05, 2013
omonnakoda:
Funny you mention SSCE ,Seriously I am wondering about yours too Kai!!
Ede Geesi ma le o!

His proficiency in english may be poor; but he has, without reservations, made a more meaningful post on this thread.
Now, correlate this to the issue at hand: the following conclusions can be drawn:
1. He knows little english, but however little, makes great efforts to help others'(not him self) understanding- He is Nigeria
2. You,contrariwise, know much english( you must have helped yourself) but; choose instead to censure others with your great knowledge- you are south africa.

More explanations. The knowledge in english as depicted above could be anything from political stability to economic stability. Etc.

Taking into account the above rationalizations, Nigeria is more influential in Africa
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by Nobody: 1:32am On Apr 05, 2013
bigshow123: if SA moves multichoice, mtn, shoprite and possibly stanbic bank out of naija, many thousands of families wil be dislocated. i doubt if naija can do such in their economy. SA is way ahead of nigeria

Trust me, when I say, MTN nigeria turns in more revenue than mtn the world over. And what's more, from the top management to the gate men, its all Nigerians. Multichoice(great entertainment outfit) but I doubt they'l be anything but a big hoax without stations like sound city, african magic, Nigizy etc ( how many times do you actually watch an S.African station?). Stambic?shoprite? They leave, some other companies will spring up, absorb these workers and no one actually misses them.

My point is, those are great companies with great market values, however, if they leave, it will impel the formation of new companies or the expansion of existing ones. Eventualy, they lost their place and the economy moves on. Its their bad. You really need to understand the economy to grab this.

Humbly
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by MrMcJay(m): 1:33am On Apr 05, 2013
monkey_cheeks: (W)ell(,) your brain on the other hand is still as defective as it was before(.) smiley

Fixed.

Seriously, are your posts a reflection of the workings of your brain?
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by vandarsar(m): 1:48am On Apr 05, 2013
SA is richer, NG is more influential
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by icekenkey(m): 2:11am On Apr 05, 2013
achi4u: SA is more infrasturally and economically influencial to the world than nigeria in all spheres except military power which is based on large population.
If only there's relatively peace in nigeria without hatred,nepotism,tribalism,ethinicity and of recent terrorism this country would've been a force to be reckon with.

Some section(s) of this country is a drawback to other sections making it very difficult to devlop randomly.

Before you counter my argument...consider:

Eletricity

Roads

Tourism

Entertaiment

Education

Healthy politic

Sports
et al

Lol. Why do you think military strength has something to do with population. China and India have a combined population of 2.5 billion people, but even if their military strength is combined, it will still be far weaker than the US'. You should note that Egypt has a stronger military than Nigeria and South Africa. See, let's face it: Nigeria has oil and is among the richest countries in the world, but the country doesn't command enough respect internationally. Countries like South Africa (understandably so), Eqypt, Kenya, Ghana command more international respect than Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by Elfenomeno(m): 2:30am On Apr 05, 2013
U said it all!

souldust: @toskarity i think you are misinformed about issues in Nigeria. Contrary to your view, most nigerians have food to eat. You probably based your point on the idea that we all live below a dolar per day. But let me let you know that in the urban centres, fewer people live below a dollar per day and in rural areas, one dollar can buy you three sqaure meals.

If we are that poor as you have claimed, why then are consumer companies making more profit here in Naija than in any other country? Dont tell me it is our population. Becos population doesnt buy comodities. It is money we use to secure goods and services

so if companies are making more profit here in Naija, then it is becos we have more people who can afford those comodities than anywhere else on the continent.
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by JoBle(f): 2:58am On Apr 05, 2013
Aargh! Don't u jst hate it when pple begin to compare stuff that really shldn't b compared? BTW,I think some pple ave the meaning of influential wrong cuz some posts are jst...ridiculous (for lack of a better word)
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by Fuelish: 3:01am On Apr 05, 2013
[quote author=icekenkey]
Why do military strength has something to do with population.China and India have a combined population of 2.5 billion people, but even if their military strength is combined, it will still be far weaker 1 BILLION LIKES
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by Fuelish: 3:26am On Apr 05, 2013
if you ask a question who's more influential between nigeria n SA,on a nigerian site what do you expect 2 hear?of course most respondents,who r nigerians will speak in favour of nigeria.truth is,most other africans think nigeria is a joke, messed up!

1 Like

Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by Conquistador: 3:51am On Apr 05, 2013
In 2005,nigeria desperately wanted d presidency of d african development bank.in abuja,d nigerian candidate was defeated by rwanda!again,nigeria couldn't get obasanjo elected as un sec gen,yet ghana got it 4 kofi annan.'influential' indeed!

1 Like

Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by SmoothLIFE: 4:07am On Apr 05, 2013
France has more influence than both in Africa. South Africa is too out of touch with the rest of Africa due to its location and its poor understanding of Africa while Nigeria has too many problems of its own to be influential. In the end there is no real influential countries in Africa right now. The former colonial masters still run the show behind the scenes and this fight is equivalent to fighting over who east the bone after all the meat has been taken off the chicken.

2 Likes

Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by Meristem: 5:46am On Apr 05, 2013
Hey guys! The question is WHICH COUNTRY EXCERTS MORE INFLUENCE.INFLUENCE.INFLUENCE. Not which country has a better economy. patriotism apart, naija is indisputably the RHINO !!cheesy
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by sweetcheecks(f): 6:00am On Apr 05, 2013
mondi_cheeks: please explain how movies wit titles like "rihanna vs beyonce" have more influence in africa or the world as a whole undecided ...how is lacking originality more influential? I'm intrigued

Lmfao do you even know their movies? I cannot stand them even if i go to their salons I cannot stand such crap being called a movie and Nigerians are proud of that? Beats me.

3 Likes

Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by Goodysydney: 6:59am On Apr 05, 2013
sweetcheecks:

Lmfao do you even know their movies? I cannot stand them even if i go to their salons I cannot stand such crap being called a movie and Nigerians are proud of that? Beats me.
U ugly senseless Hiv/Aids positive lovepeddler again. I thought TB Joshua had cure ur disease not knowing ur still living with it. Pls lovepedder, did ur father or brother rape u again today? Sorry Ugly Scumbag, Hiv/Aids is incureable.
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by Conquistador: 6:59am On Apr 05, 2013
[quote author=SmoothLIFE]France has more influence than both.South Africa is too out of touch with the rest of Africa due to its location n poor understanding of Africa while Nigeria has too many problems of its own to be influential. D BEST POST!
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by Conquistador: 7:06am On Apr 05, 2013
Goodysydney: U ugly senseless Hiv/Aids positive lovepeddler again. I thought TB Joshua had cure ur disease not knowing ur still living with it. Ugly Scumbag.
lol na so e dey pain u reach? haba do u have 2 insult her? hahahaha
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by Goodysydney: 7:09am On Apr 05, 2013
[quote author=Conquistador][/quote] Senseless post from scumbag ape.
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by Goodysydney: 7:10am On Apr 05, 2013
Conquistador: lol na so e dey pain u reach? haba do u have 2 insult her? hahahaha
So what is ur business ape? Bleep off scum bag.
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by Goodysydney: 7:12am On Apr 05, 2013
[quote author=Conquistador][/quote] Senseless post from scum bag ape.
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by Simpson101(m): 7:19am On Apr 05, 2013
souldust: i want good analysis pls. Not sentiments based on blind patriotism, share ignorance, self hate and fraustration.

I am asking this question because reading so many articles on different websites lately, i have come to see that people of these two countries believe that they are the most powerful country on the continent and as such, should be the mouth piece of the continent. While this mentality has declined greatly among Nigerians, it is growing among South Africans.

Wetin you wan hear? talk about influence SA has more than 9ja mehn, SA is a white co-own country and everybody knows that white man no matter their age or gender has larger percentage of influence than a black man...
Make SA & 9ja seek for UN help, who dem go fes answer
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by Conquistador: 7:46am On Apr 05, 2013
Goodysydney: So what is ur business ape? Bleep off scum bag.
hahahaha is scumbag d only english they taught u in school,Ms.Scumbag? hahahaha scumbag scumbag scumbag scumbag scumbag scumbag scumbag scumbag scumbag scumbag scumbag
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by Nobody: 7:56am On Apr 05, 2013
Dondav:
There houses are on Contract, The cars are on contract. There salaries don't last a week. You should come and see for yourselves..
that's true majority of south africans depend on credit agreements, but so do a lot of Americans, even those who claim to be "rich" like a woman who was once on "real housewives of atlanta" she got a mortagage on her house...an average teacher at a government school makes at least R15,000
...I highly doubt a teacher at a Nigerian private school gets as much per month.

Speaking about Influential, Nigeria is far more influential in several countries in and out of Africa. How many South Africans travel outa the country?... Even there President doesn't travel outa the country like the Famous Nigerian Presidents...
again like the majority in USA, UK, Australia, they don't need to travel out of their country to seek greener pastures...SA has decent schools and universities and a lot of companies that's give equally good jobs wit a really good salary, so it turns out that most of them don't have to travel abroad because they have what they need in their own countries
...Zuma only travels when its relevant, he doesn't have to leave SA for medical attention after every 2secs like other African presidents. there are so many holiday resorts within SA that he can take his own family to...he doesn't have to squander the money that is for the benefit of his own people on unnecessary things smiley

Marrying SA women for a green card seems very popular amongst West African men. Yes I will agree wit you Nigeria is involved(pretty much in a lot of negative things)...but I wouldn't say its dominant/influential/prominent
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by MrMcJay(m): 8:17am On Apr 05, 2013
Who killed Lucky Dube?

1 Like

Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by inice(m): 8:27am On Apr 05, 2013
i believe in naija
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by inice(m): 8:30am On Apr 05, 2013
Dondav: I heard someone say SA eats 4 square meal! South Africans can't even afford 2 Square meal/ day... I live in SA. And I can assure you that the people who patronize the large firms and stores are mostly foreigners..

There houses are on Contract, The cars are on contract. There salaries don't last a week. You should come and see for yourselves..
Speaking about Influential, Nigeria is far more influential in several countries in and out of Africa. How many South Africans travel outa the country?... Even there President doesn't travel outa the country like the Famous Nigerian Presidents...

Either Good or Bad, As long as Money/Success is involved... A Nigerian is Involved.

i like ur point. have you lived i sa?
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by Nobody: 8:30am On Apr 05, 2013
Mr McJay: Who killed Lucky Dube?
stick to d topic
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by MacLovington(m): 8:30am On Apr 05, 2013
Speaking about Influential, Nigeria is far more influential in several countries in and out of Africa. How many

Marrying SA women for a green card seems very popular amongst West African men. Yes I will agree wit you Nigeria is involved(pretty much in a lot of negative things)...but I wouldn't say its dominant/influential/prominent[/quote]'

A country with a large population like Naija is bound to have many of its citizens travelling irrespective of economic situation. If economy is not brilliant more will travel blindly, that's the difference.

We all recognise China & India as the next big thing but each of them must have over 25 million citizens outside their shores.
You fall in love with people in your environment. Nigerians in ZA cannot be marrying people in Honolulu! Even e-love can't do that.
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by inice(m): 8:33am On Apr 05, 2013
mondi_cheeks: that's true majority of south africans depend on credit agreements, but so do a lot of Americans, even those who claim to be "rich" like a woman who was once on "real housewives of atlanta" she got a mortagage on her house...an average teacher at a government school makes at least R15,000
...I highly doubt a teacher at a Nigerian private school gets as much per month.

again like the majority in USA, UK, Australia, they don't need to travel out of their country to seek greener pastures...SA has decent schools and universities and a lot of companies that's give equally good jobs wit a really good salary, so it turns out that most of them don't have to travel abroad because they have what they need in their own countries
...Zuma only travels when its relevant, he doesn't have to leave SA for medical attention after every 2secs like other African presidents. there are so many holiday resorts within SA that he can take his own family to...he doesn't have to squander the money that is for the benefit of his own people on unnecessary things smiley

Marrying SA women for a green card seems very popular amongst West African men. Yes I will agree wit you Nigeria is involved(pretty much in a lot of negative things)...but I wouldn't say its dominant/influential/prominent

ok gud schools. bt why nigeria uni keep winning most international comprtitions. unizik just won one
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by mebad(m): 8:34am On Apr 05, 2013
The history of south Africa can not be complete without the influence of Nigeria in it.
We all know the influence the regime of the Gen Obasanjo had over the apartheid
Government in south Africa.
South Africa is a fine country no doubt, with major influence over southern africa
Countries but when it comes to influence over the entire Africa continent and in world
Politics. I beg make them no try Niger. MEND alone suceeded in hiking up the international crude oil price with their activities.
Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by sEyi6: 8:39am On Apr 05, 2013
Got this while surfing the net
The survey, published on Thursday, March 23 is titled “African futures 2050” and was conducted by Institute for Security Studies (ISS), an organization based in South Africa that works on “a spectrum of human security issues from environmental security to population movement, to terrorism to post conflict reconstruction,” according to the institute website. The study placed Nigeria and South Africa as the first and second African powers that will be most influential in the continent respectively, while Egypt took fourth place preceded by Ethiopia.

Mainly conducted by Dr. Jakkie Cilliers, ISS Executive Director, the study further asserts that African influence will keep ballooning in the global arena as well. An estimate also avers that Africa will secure close to 110 trillion dollars in yearly revenues in the year 2030 through growth patterns similar to Indian trends. Moreover, it is contended in the survey that the continent will not see the influential dominance of one nation. The four countries, however, will have comparable authority in continental issues, as indicated by the yardsticks employed in gauging these trends and arriving at these projections.

“Although climate change will take its toll on the continent, Africa will continue to grow undeterred,” Dr. Cilliers said in a speech she delivered at the launch of the publication.

By Yemane Nagish

http://www.diretube.com/articles/read-study-ranks-ethiopia-as-third-most-influential-country-in-determining-africa%E2%80%99s-destiny_1045.html

I think it won't be bad if I add it up to one of my posts at the first page of the thread.

1 Like

Re: South Africa Vs Nigeria: Which Is More Influential In Africa? by MrMcJay(m): 8:46am On Apr 05, 2013
inice:

ok gud schools. bt why nigeria uni keep winning most international comprtitions. unizik just won one

OAU (NGR) also whipped Pretoria (SA) for 2 years running

https://web.up.ac.za/default.asp?ipkCategoryID=15429&articleID=12403

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Army Retire 11 Generals / Igbos Are Not ‘Real’ Jews - Messianic Jews / Fashola, Amaechi, Tinubu And Change By Shaka Momodu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.