Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,372 members, 7,819,345 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:44 PM

Rate Airline In Nigeria - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Rate Airline In Nigeria (4082 Views)

What Is The Most Dangerous Airline In Nigeria? / Cheapest Airline In Nigeria / Bellview: The Worst Airline In Nigeria. Don't Try It! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rate Airline In Nigeria by aphoe(m): 12:19pm On Apr 03, 2008
we are arguing in the office about which Nigerian airline is the best in terms of [b]customer care and service[/b].

in your response don't put into considerations their prices.

thanks
Re: Rate Airline In Nigeria by Tats(m): 10:47pm On Apr 03, 2008
Aero
Re: Rate Airline In Nigeria by manuch(m): 8:52am On Apr 04, 2008
arik
Re: Rate Airline In Nigeria by aphoe(m): 9:10am On Apr 04, 2008
please can you give a reason for your decision,
Re: Rate Airline In Nigeria by funkybaby(f): 3:27pm On Apr 04, 2008
Personally, Arik is the best.

In terms of customer service and the quality of their planes.

Checking in closes 10mins before departure and even if you are late, as long as the plane is still on the tarmac, you will be allowed to board.

The only thing i do not like about them is that they do not sell discount/rebate tickets to students and corpers unlike other airlines.
Re: Rate Airline In Nigeria by babycool(f): 9:32pm On Apr 08, 2008
1. Virgin Nigeria in terms of punctuality and inflight service
2. Arik in terms of comfortablity
3. Aero in terms of safety and security
Re: Rate Airline In Nigeria by chika98: 12:31am On Apr 09, 2008
babycool:

1. Virgin Nigeria in terms of punctuality and inflight service
2. Arik in terms of comfortablity
3. Aero in terms of safety and security
Is safety and security a word even used for nigerian airspace?
Re: Rate Airline In Nigeria by PapaBrowne(m): 3:59am On Apr 09, 2008
Arik- Newer Planes!!
Re: Rate Airline In Nigeria by aphoe(m): 9:04am On Apr 09, 2008
@ chika98

it seems that its been long since you travelled by air or is it that you just listen to the news of crashed airline?

there are so many flights per day? so many planes fly in nigerias airspace daily and they all reach their destination
Re: Rate Airline In Nigeria by babycool(f): 11:30am On Apr 09, 2008
chika98:

Is safety and security a word even used for nigerian airspace?

Lets say i have flown more than a 100 times in Nigeria. and i am still alive. grin
Re: Rate Airline In Nigeria by nkc(m): 11:41am On Apr 09, 2008
@babycool,
praise d lord
Re: Rate Airline In Nigeria by babycool(f): 12:20pm On Apr 09, 2008
Halleluyaaaaaaah!!!!!!!!! grin grin grin
Re: Rate Airline In Nigeria by chika98: 10:40pm On Apr 09, 2008
lol, good for u lot
Re: Rate Airline In Nigeria by Sonye(f): 8:51pm On Apr 13, 2008
Arik air
Chachangi
Re: Rate Airline In Nigeria by funkybaby(f): 10:47pm On Apr 13, 2008
Chacha what shocked shocked

Chachangi is crap. Shitty planes, corrupt staff(they will sell child ticket to an adult passenger and keep the difference in their pocket and other corrupt practices), terrible customer service.

Abeg, make i no begin narrate my experience with them oh.

Nicon airways was banned from flying, i am still very suprised on why the ban was not placed on chachangi as well.
Re: Rate Airline In Nigeria by babycool(f): 11:52am On Apr 14, 2008
funkybaby:

Chacha what shocked shocked

Chachangi is crap. Shitty planes, corrupt staff([b]they will sell child ticket to an adult passenger and keep the difference in their pocket and other corrupt practices), terrible customer service.[/b]Abeg, make i no begin narrate my experience with them oh.

Nicon airways was banned from flying, i am still very suprised on why the ban was not placed on chachangi as well.

Babe, how did you know? abi you don work there before? wink grin
Re: Rate Airline In Nigeria by Frando29(m): 12:34pm On Apr 14, 2008
I think Arik is the best because of their brandnew toys. Also, they have expatriate pilots which to me I think are more safety conscious than our Nigerian pilots. On a scale of 10, i will give them 8
Re: Rate Airline In Nigeria by funkybaby(f): 12:58pm On Apr 14, 2008
@babycool
Funny question.

Does any frequent traveller have to work with an airline to rate their planes and their customer service??

You rated virgin and arik as good. Do you work with them?

I'll say it again-Chachangi sucks!
Re: Rate Airline In Nigeria by Frando29(m): 1:19pm On Apr 14, 2008
funkybaby:

I'll say it again-Chachangi sucks!

I totally agree with you. Flying molues and coffins they have. I think you should mention chanchangi when we are talking of The Ekene Dili Chukwu and Ifesinachi transport companies. Customer service sucks as hell. I wonder why Nigerians still fly them though tongue
Re: Rate Airline In Nigeria by funkybaby(f): 2:06pm On Apr 14, 2008
@Frando29

Good thing you collaborated my claims. Babycool seemed to suggest i was telling tales.

In my own opinion, they should either do something real quick about the quality of the planes and their customer service or be banned from flying.

Personally, i only fly with them when i am left with very little or absolutely no choice at all.
Re: Rate Airline In Nigeria by Pamperme: 2:14pm On Apr 14, 2008
i will choose Arik Air because they have new planes which automatically makes it safe to fly. cheesy

As per not giving rebate ticket, i will support them 100% because it was stuffs like that, that ruined Nigerian Airways. they are still new and let them make money to purchase more new planes than giving free tickets to people. Arik rocks
Re: Rate Airline In Nigeria by funkybaby(f): 2:41pm On Apr 14, 2008
I agree too. Arik rocks. However, there is nothing wrong in giving rebate tickets to students even if its 10% or 20%.

Virgin gives it provided you book and pay 3days before your flight and the last time i checked, they are still yet to 'run down', Lol,

Not like i am trying to stir up controveries regarding Arik and its supposedly 'new planes'.

I was on a flight to Jos from Lagos late last year. The pilot announced that the particular aircraft we were in was 'tear rubber' and it has been specially assigned to the Lagos-Jos route.

In my own opinion, that plane did not in any way look like a brand new plane. All it had was brand new upholstery(seats). My friend who was also on the same flight made the same observation. The external body of the aircraft was just there-nothing new and there were tell-tale signs that that particular plane was not new.

Dont know if any other person has noticed this but i will rather from my own observation say that their planes are either first grade 'tokunbo', recently refurbished but they are however well maintained.
Re: Rate Airline In Nigeria by Frando29(m): 3:03pm On Apr 14, 2008
suffice it to know that not all ARIK planes are brand new. Arik boasts of about not less than 8 brand new aircrafts which includes Boeings and CRJ jets(about 70 seater aircraft) which was, I think one of the first brand new aircrafts they started with. For proof, try flying any of these ones I mentioned earlier and you will be convinced! I was opportuned to fly them when they were just "tear rubber". BTW, an aircraft that has been flying for a year now or so cannot be seen as a brand new aircraft.
Re: Rate Airline In Nigeria by Frando29(m): 3:09pm On Apr 14, 2008
funkybaby:

Personally, i only fly with them when i am left with very little or absolutely no choice at all.

I hail you shocked. I will never risk my life by flying chanchangi. I would rather travel night by road. Age is really showing on their aircrafts and not that they are even properly maintained. I think they should withdraw their license pending when they are able to acquire better aircrafts. Nigerian lives are being put in danger!
Re: Rate Airline In Nigeria by funkybaby(f): 3:24pm On Apr 14, 2008
@Frando29

Thanks for clarifying the 'tear rubber' aircraft fleet issue. wink

I am only being naughty and cheeky grin grin and in no way 'bad mouthing' Arik but for an airline that currently operates flights to Lagos, Abuja, Calabar, Enugu, Benin, Jos, Port Harcourt, Kano, Yola, Maiduguri, Sokoto, Warri and Akure at the last count, i think 8 brand new planes is too small jare. grin

I mean with all their noise and hype about 'tear rubber' aircrafts. Especially considering the fact that the operate 7days a week and have 6 daily flights on lucrative routes and minimum of 3weekly flights on less lucrative routes.
Re: Rate Airline In Nigeria by funkybaby(f): 3:36pm On Apr 14, 2008
@Frando29

Lol. I totally agree with you on the chachangi issue.

Me thinks it is the 'northern power' play at work that has been preventing the authorities from withdrawing their licence since its a northern owned airline. Their licence should have been withdrawn at the same time Nicon had its own withdrawn.

Anytime i fly with them, its prayers although till touch down.

Have you flown with IRS or Albarka? I want to know your opinion on the state of their aircraft(s) and their respective customer service.
Re: Rate Airline In Nigeria by Frando29(m): 3:43pm On Apr 14, 2008
well, you seem to know ARIK very well. Methinks you work with them, but you didn't include Owerri and Accra, Ghana in your list of destinations for ARIK. Like I said, At least 8 brand new aircrafts, could be more, plus they have other aircrafts too that are not brand new, but fairly used,completely refurbished and in top condition. Considering the number of destinations being covered by ARIK, It is only natural that they should have more than 8 aircrafts. I think presently ARIK has almost 20 aircrafts both brand new and fairly used. but I have a strong hunch u work for these guys. grin grin cheesy
Re: Rate Airline In Nigeria by Frando29(m): 3:55pm On Apr 14, 2008
I haven't flown with Albarka, But my Experience with IRS was an eye opener for me. That fateful evening, we were flying from Port Harcourt to Lagos when we got into bad weather. Men!!!! The aircraft was tossed up and down like a kite in the sky and the aircraft descended like 10,000ft before stabilising. The man beside me was like" Brother, so this is the end". I was just there sitting and not thinking of anything at all. The only thing I remember doing was holding on to the arm rest tightly as if my life depended on it. When we were out of the woods, one of the pilots came out to address us. He was pretty shaken. I can't forget that day. IRS planes are a little bit better than those of chanchangi, I don't know if you flew on any of defunct oriental airlines more like their planes and their customer service was almost that of chanchangi. I would put them in the same group. Most of the airport touting are majorly done by this 2 airlines. On the day in question, I travelled under someone else's name. What are your experiences with them?
Re: Rate Airline In Nigeria by funkybaby(f): 4:00pm On Apr 14, 2008
@Frando29

Hahaha. Lol. Your 'hunch' wrong no be small. I do not work with Arik neither do i operate a travel agency. Lol. Someone has already accused me of working with Chachangi and now you- Arik, Lol,

I fly frequently especially to core Northern Naija so i know most of their destinations.
Besides, i try to keep myself updated of their routes cos they do come in handy for me sometimes.

So they now fly to Ghana - that is nice!
Re: Rate Airline In Nigeria by Frando29(m): 4:12pm On Apr 14, 2008
lol cheesy cheesy nevermind, just pulling your legs!
Re: Rate Airline In Nigeria by funkybaby(f): 4:23pm On Apr 14, 2008
@Frando29

Lmao! Your experience is very similiar with the one i had on a Nicon Airways flight from Lagos to Jos but it was supposed to have a brief stop over at Abuja to drop Abuja passengers and take the remaining few to Jos.

In my own experience, the weather was perfect-bright and sunny. That day was not funny at allllllll. The man beside me kept on holding his rosary and reciting catholic prayers. I was like 'so this na how plane crash dey happen'. Unfortunate passengers know that they are about to die prior to a crash. The baffling thing was that the air hostesses were so calm like it was a regular occurrence. The pilot had the nerve to announce at the end of the flight that he hoped we enjoyed our flight and we should 'keep flying with Nicon Airways'. Trust Nigerians, they started issuing curses and insults on the plane and the pilot.

I have flown with Albarka and that was in their glory days. They started really well and its too bad they could not maintain it. Their planes were okay then but i do not know about now-do they still fly sef?
I've never flown with IRS.

Chachangi is well known for encouraging touts at the airports. In that area, they are superb. Cannot forget the day that in my rush of trying to purchase a ticket from them and not miss their horrible flight, the ticketing staff sold to me a child ticket at the full price of the adult ticket. I did not notice it until when the aircraft was high up in the sky. I was so so furious. He made close to 8k from me- NEAT !!
Re: Rate Airline In Nigeria by Frando29(m): 4:59pm On Apr 14, 2008
@funkybaby
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy.my lungs are aching Trust those chanchangi people. Sorry dear, I understand the way you must feel, very furious. There was actually a time I was flying from Port harcourt to Lagos, one of their staff walked up to me and persuaded me to buy their ticket,I told him I was flying Arik. The guy told me Arik had a 3 hour delay only for me to find out later that it was just a plot to make me buy their ticket. In some cases people buy adult tickets as low as 8k on that route. It depends on your haggling power. What an airline!

unfortunately, Albarka is no longer flying the Nigerian sky. It died a natural death. I saw IRS stand at the MMIA new terminal. Wonders shall never end.signing out, talk to you later!

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Much Does It Cost To Travel For Holiday In Dubai / If You Have The Opportunity, Leave Nigeria - US Based Nigerian Man / Nigerians In Hungary....lets Get In Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.