Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,285 members, 7,836,263 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:12 AM

Jonathan Grants Amnesty to Boko Haram - Jokes Etc (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / Jonathan Grants Amnesty to Boko Haram (31361 Views)

FG Grants Amnesty To Boko Haram Sect / Goodluck Jonathan Grants Amnesty To Boko-Haram. / A Message To Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Grants Amnesty to Boko Haram by Emperor007: 5:14pm On Apr 04, 2013
This should be joke or still part of April fool.

If the presidency is looking at granting amnesty to Boko Haram for killing innocent Nigerians, it should also be looking at setting up a ministry for the families of those killed by Boko Haram.

GEJ would loose the respect and support he enjoys from other regions, and play completely into the hands of those that have been planning his down fall. Mark it, it will be the greatest mistake of his administration.

Re: Jonathan Grants Amnesty to Boko Haram by joseph1832(m): 5:16pm On Apr 04, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: Amnesty has always been on the table, just that the president said the time was not ripe for amnesty. If the northern leaders can convince boko haram leaders to come out from hiding and negotiate with govt, then amnesty may be offered on certain conditions. If amnesty will bring peace, why not?

What is obvious in the last few weeks is that the military is now TRUELY on top of the situation, considering the number of attacks that have been nipped in the bud. Even Yobe has been quiet for sometime now.

Nonetheless, the govt has NOT offered amnesty to boko haram at the moment. The battle is still raging at the moment. Amnesty MUST be preceded by an announcement of cease fire. That is yet to happen.
"If amnesty will bring peace, why not" please I find it very offensive and insensitive to grant those sons of bitches amnesty!

How does the President expect those who have lost love ones to the murderous activities of boko haram to feel?

If the JTF is winning the fight against Boko Haram why offer them amnesty? Mr President owe those who lost their lives to Boko Haram and their families justice! Granting them amnesty is not Justice!

I honestly believe Mr President is trying to pacify some northerners with this amnesty bullshit!!!.
Re: Jonathan Grants Amnesty to Boko Haram by fkaz(m): 5:16pm On Apr 04, 2013
And some people go say hausa be MUMU,ANIMAL grin

Den go say hausa know go school but, dem sabi waiting den they call amnesty, dem wan fill waiting Niger-delta boys dey fill,

Aboki nah 2much joor.
Re: Jonathan Grants Amnesty to Boko Haram by fortran77: 5:16pm On Apr 04, 2013
Ijele-igbo:
Jonathan Grants Amnesty to Boko Haram Sect

Indications emerged last night that President Goodluck Jonathan may have resolved to declare amnesty for the Boko Haram sect.

This was the outcome of a meeting between the president and the leadership of the Northern Elders Forum (NEF) at the presidential villa, Abuja.

This is even as Jonathan has summoned a security meeting with chiefs in the country, which will be held today at the presidential villa.

Jonathan also used the occasion to deny ever ruling out amnesty for the sect.

The president is expected to set up an amnesty commission to fine-tune details of clemency to the sect members.

Former Vice Chancellor of Ahmadu Bello University Zaria, Prof Ango Abdullahi, told State House Correspondents after the meeting which ended at about11:30pm that the president's response to the call for amnesty at the meeting, which is sequel to the one held between the president and the NEF in May last year, was positive and that he assured the NEF delegation that the amnesty for the insurgents will be tabled before the security meeting today.

Abdullahi said, "The meeting is simply a follow-up visit on the invitation of Mr. President. Many of you will recall that about eight or nine months ago, we interacted with the president on matters of the nation.

We submitted a memorandum to him and he promised that he was going to look at our submission and he will call us back to further dialogue on the issues we have raised in our submission. Ans this is precisely what transpired today.

"The contention here that there are challenges in the country, especially in the area of security which is the greatest challenge.

What we discussed is that general opinion in the country is that amnesty should be factored into all effort made by government to overcome the security challenges all over the country or in most parts of the North.

Fortunately the president is already thinking hard on it.

And he assured us that there is a special meeting on the matter and that I'm sure that tomorrow something substantial will come out of that meeting".

Corroborating Abdullahi's disclosure, information minister, Labarn Maku also said the president has never said no to the issue of amnesty, adding that what the president is saying is that, just like in the case of Niger Delta, some structures and processes have to be in place before the amnesty option is fully explored.

The minister further explained that the insurgents need to be identified and come forward before the dialogue that would lead to the amnesty programme is put in place.

LEADERSHIP gathered that the president intention for convening the meeting was to to give a listening ear to the umbrella body of Northern elders to clarify on issues partaining to clamour for the amnesty for the sect and why he may have been reluctant to consider calls by a section of Nigerians that he should declare amnesty for the sect.

Spiritual leaders from the North, including the Sultan of Sokoto, Alhaji Sa'ad Abubakar III had appealed to the president to consider granting amnesty to the deadly group, with his position receiving a boost from the Arch Bishop of Abuja, Cardinal John Onaiyekan during the Easter period.

But the president had kept mum over the matter since after his encounter with elders of Borno and Yobe States respectively after a town hall meeting with them during his two weeks working visit to the epicenters of the Boko Haram.

LEADERSHIP learnt that the president may have deemed it necessary to pour out his mind before the NEF , to let them understand his earlier position that members of the insurgents must present themselves before him to enable him know who he is actually dialoguing with, as he was not ready to grant amnesty to ghosts.

The president's declaration early March this year in Borno and Yobe had elicited a lot of mixed reactions, with most prominent citizens from the Northern region accusing president of insensitivity to the plight of people from the region that have suffered great loss due to the gory and gruesome activities of the sect.

Present at the meeting were leader of the group, Yusuf Maitama Sule, Paulen Tallen, Hakeem Baba Ahmed, Kali Gazali, Safiya Mohammed, Solomon Dualong, Sheikh Ahmed Lemu, Shehu Malami, John Wash Pam, Lawal Kaita, Bello Kirfi, Paul Unongo, AVM Al-amin Daggash, Sani Zango Daura, N.A. Sheriff, Yahaya Kwande, Saleh Hassan, Muslim Maigari, Bashir Yusuf, Gen.

Paul Tarfa, Justice Mustapha Akanbi, Prof Idris Mohammed, Capt Paul Tahal and Capt Bashir Sodangi.

http://allafrica.com/stories/201304040530.html
Re: Jonathan Grants Amnesty to Boko Haram by Emperor007: 5:27pm On Apr 04, 2013
fkaz: And some people go say hausa be MUMU,ANIMAL grin

Den go say hausa know go school but, dem sabi waiting den they call amnesty, dem wan fill waiting Niger-delta boys dey fill,

Aboki nah 2much joor.

^^^

I feel u real time

Re: Jonathan Grants Amnesty to Boko Haram by lasrondo: 5:27pm On Apr 04, 2013
Hmmmmm Amnesty. Are you saying that those that died from there bombings will just die like that in vain? Are you saying that those properties destroyed would just go in vain? Life is not fair.
Re: Jonathan Grants Amnesty to Boko Haram by mymz(f): 5:30pm On Apr 04, 2013
MEND took up arms in the name of defending their fatherland against exploitation by oil companies and the general activities of oil exploration, killing innocent people and formally introducing the menace we now have called "KIDNAPPING" .

BOKO HARAM took up arms defending a cause known stupidly simply as war against Western Education, killing innocent people nonetheless.

i'm wondering what will happen if i get a group of jobless, hungry, attention seeking people, and we take up arms too to fight a cause that will be known as "war against giving amnesty to jobless, hungry, interminably stupid, murder-loving people"

how about some amnesty for me and my group too? undecided
heck let everyone take up arms for some cause or the other and later come seek amnesty angry

Jonathan is just a great disappointment i choose to call a GOAT *spits*

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Grants Amnesty to Boko Haram by eagleeye2: 5:32pm On Apr 04, 2013
It is only a matter of time before another sect rears its head.
GEJ, does not have what it takes fight corruption let alone terrorism.
SMH for Nigeria.
Re: Jonathan Grants Amnesty to Boko Haram by Emperor007: 5:32pm On Apr 04, 2013
If GEJ tries that, the blood of all those killed by Boko Haram would on his head and all people that supported & canvassed for Boko Haram to be granted amnesty,

Amen.

Re: Jonathan Grants Amnesty to Boko Haram by dederocs(m): 5:38pm On Apr 04, 2013
killer squads litter our lands,and clowns here are happy...its a shame on Nigeria,bedding with the enemy-scared as Bleep.
Re: Jonathan Grants Amnesty to Boko Haram by sammmiey1: 5:41pm On Apr 04, 2013
toykab: it is gud 2 gave dem amnesty,bt who told u,it muslim boko haram?
'it is gud 2gave dem'!mumu
Re: Jonathan Grants Amnesty to Boko Haram by creativemusic: 5:41pm On Apr 04, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Amnestry!!!!!!!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Jonathan Grants Amnesty to Boko Haram by tutu1: 5:42pm On Apr 04, 2013
"What is obvious in the last few weeks is that the military is now TRUELY on top of the situation, considering the number of attacks that have been nipped in the bud. Even Yobe has been quiet for sometime now." are you drinking coco nut water, what rubbish military is on top of it, did they not blow up travellers some weeks ago, is that not recent enough, anyway amnesty is not a bad idea only if the ghost come out to negotiate,
Sincere 9gerian: Amnesty has always been on the table, just that the president said the time was not ripe for amnesty. If the northern leaders can convince boko haram leaders to come out from hiding and negotiate with govt, then amnesty may be offered on certain conditions. If amnesty will bring peace, why not?

What is obvious in the last few weeks is that the military is now TRUELY on top of the situation, considering the number of attacks that have been nipped in the bud. Even Yobe has been quiet for sometime now.

Nonetheless, the govt has NOT offered amnesty to boko haram at the moment. The battle is still raging at the moment. Amnesty MUST be preceded by an announcement of cease fire. That is yet to happen.
Re: Jonathan Grants Amnesty to Boko Haram by Friendz4blue(m): 5:47pm On Apr 04, 2013
Come dis slowpoke of a weaklin called jonathan get one sense at all.ow can he grant amnesty to ppl who av rendered ppl orphans,homeless,penyles.I thught I saw dis on a website on d first of april.so april fool has becomed a reality.I weep for nigeria.oh mayJehovah help us
Re: Jonathan Grants Amnesty to Boko Haram by Friendz4blue(m): 5:50pm On Apr 04, 2013
I can say here authoritatively dat dis amnesty GEJ granted BHS is politically inclined.oh d innocent ppl we av lost.wat about d soldiers who neva came back to their families.and d properties destroyed al in d name of religion........
Re: Jonathan Grants Amnesty to Boko Haram by vanstanzy(m): 5:50pm On Apr 04, 2013
Is this another April fools gimmick? angry angry
Re: Jonathan Grants Amnesty to Boko Haram by vanstanzy(m): 5:52pm On Apr 04, 2013
*Disappointed!* This aint a wise move@ all, if its 4 real. Other extremist groups will emerge, that u can bet on.

Re: Jonathan Grants Amnesty to Boko Haram by Nobody: 5:54pm On Apr 04, 2013
My appeal to Northern Govs is to remove all Almajiris from the street and gv them proper education and see if they would like to kill themselves like those elders who are afraid of dead.
Re: Jonathan Grants Amnesty to Boko Haram by boladez(m): 5:58pm On Apr 04, 2013
.......Lie go kill these people. I am not a fan of GEJ but I believe he will not do this. How can he offer amnesty to these killers when the victims have not been compensated. Not to talk of most importantly the trauma this will put the victim's families through.

Pure lie from the pits of hell.

I got for STICK and ROD approach as a solution to this problem. When you beat a child and you dont hit hard enough , he will turn around and insult you. On the other dhand if you beat a child very well he will run for dear life.

C'mon give Presido credit he is not so weak as to grant amnesty just like that.
Re: Jonathan Grants Amnesty to Boko Haram by solopumpy227: 6:02pm On Apr 04, 2013
President Jonathan is a very predictable leader.

There is no question about if he is finally going to give BH amnesty but its a matter of when.

From a capital NO TO AMNESTY he has moved to AMNESTY with CONDITIONS and they are now testing people's reactions before the final announcement of the package.

President Jonathan is a reactionary Leader and every discerning mind should have seen this coming after near-unanimous call for AMNESTY by many eminent Nigerians.

For those who are still having any form of hope in this regime my advice for you stop wasting your time. What you do not have you cannot give.
Re: Jonathan Grants Amnesty to Boko Haram by jowizee(m): 6:04pm On Apr 04, 2013
Tolexander: But they said boko harams are ghost?

Well this is not new. This is nigeria where ghost commits suicide in the film.

This is a live play of what we used to watch in the olden mount zion films where you see ghosts interacting with human being.
looooooool, i tire sef, so no reason to be shocked giving ghosts amnesty undecided
Re: Jonathan Grants Amnesty to Boko Haram by MahatmaGhandi: 6:06pm On Apr 04, 2013
amnesty for boko haram will be nigeria's coup de grace.
Re: Jonathan Grants Amnesty to Boko Haram by solopumpy227: 6:07pm On Apr 04, 2013
boladez: .......Lie go kill these people. I am not a fan of GEJ but I believe he will not do this. How can he offer amnesty to these killers when the victims have not been compensated. Not to talk of most importantly the trauma this will put the victim's families through.

Pure lie from the pits of hell.

I got for STICK and ROD approach as a solution to this problem. When you beat a child and you dont hit hard enough , he will turn around and insult you. On the other dhand if you beat a child very well he will run for dear life.

C'mon give Presido credit he is not so weak as to grant amnesty just like that.

Can you put your money on your words brother? He is bringing AMNESTY; he would give it another name (you get the drift?). They are just testing your reactions with this kite.

Its unfortunate we find ourselves in a situation where human lives have become worthless in our Nation. My heart goes out to those who have lost loved ones in this confusion.
Re: Jonathan Grants Amnesty to Boko Haram by dboy080808(m): 6:07pm On Apr 04, 2013
militants came and had their way now boko haram,i bet opc wil soon rise.nigeria shuld knw beta than to negotiate with terrorists.
Re: Jonathan Grants Amnesty to Boko Haram by nduchucks: 6:20pm On Apr 04, 2013
There is nothing unexpected from this move by the federal government. Only the narrow minded bigots are shell-shocked. cool
Re: Jonathan Grants Amnesty to Boko Haram by Inyinese(m): 6:29pm On Apr 04, 2013
Johnnyhoo: So Mr president,now
you know buhari is not the
sponsor of BH,afterall they wont
dialogue for amnesty if he his
behind the group and truly as
you claimed he wants Nigeria ungovernable,so please sir
know how to use words next
time and talk with facts,you are
the leader for God sake.Why did
you not accept this is the first
place,atleast there wont be all that loss of life for
nothing,amnesty is the best a
weak president like you can do.
idiot like u

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Grants Amnesty to Boko Haram by Awsome5645(m): 6:30pm On Apr 04, 2013
Amnesty indeed.
There is no negotiation with terrorist. HOW many lifes has this diabolic group waste.
The blood of innocent souls are their crying 4 justice.
How i wish that this prominent men lost their belove ones 2 this diabolic group,let me c how they will feel 2talk abt Amnesty.
The Wrath of God is a bt 2fall upon d leaders of Nigeria in less than 2months. THE SEER
Re: Jonathan Grants Amnesty to Boko Haram by Nobody: 6:31pm On Apr 04, 2013
Billyonaire: There is no Amnesty yet, but is not ruled out. You do not give Amnesty to ghosts. Let them show themselves.

GEJ said he wouldn't give amnesty to ghosts abi? But after his meeting with the leadership of the Northern Elders Forum (NEF) at the presidential villa, Abuja he seems to be seriously considering amnesty

Let's read between the lines ---- MAY BE GEJ HAVE EVENTUALLY MET WITH THE REAL BH (GHOSTS) HE'S BEEN TALKING ABOUT

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Grants Amnesty to Boko Haram by HAH: 6:35pm On Apr 04, 2013
I just dey laugh ooo

Almajiri boys go hammer very soon, nna boys just dey vex.

My guy is a matter of balls if you have it please do some suicide bombing then massob can get the needed attention.

As long as massob keep staying in one beer palour corner and give statements naija police will keep on using koboko on them.
Re: Jonathan Grants Amnesty to Boko Haram by McDoe(m): 6:36pm On Apr 04, 2013
We are in serious trouble.
Re: Jonathan Grants Amnesty to Boko Haram by kingysly(m): 6:46pm On Apr 04, 2013
Most Nigerians are just gullible....they swallow every news hook line and sinker cry .The issue of AMNESTY for the religious zealots has always been on the table BUT on one condition that they ceasefire and negotiate. HABA, NIGERIANS can AMNESTY be given to people that are not known ? what is the terms of the AMNESTY? And AMNESTY doesnt entail giving them money except he wants the country to go up in flames.Most journalist sit in the comfort of their homes and write assumptions....i weep for my beloveth country

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Leave Trash For LAWMA And Nigerians Did (Hilarious Photo) / Badoskys Lounge For Jokers And Friends Of Jokes Section / 10 Signs That God Is Punishing You For Your Sins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.