Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,230 members, 7,818,777 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:38 AM

Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus - TV/Movies (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus (54571 Views)

Quotes From Spartacus, Movies And Series... / Spartacus:vengeance Is Out (discussion) / Any Spartacus : Blood And Sand Fans? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by Nobody: 7:51pm On Apr 06, 2013
Seun: Tyrion: If I asked you to murder an infant girl still on her mother's breast, would you do it without question?
Bronn: Without question? No, I'll ask "how much"
Broz Seun,
What is Bronn saying with that reply?
Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by Cossato(m): 8:05pm On Apr 06, 2013
where can i download these season films
Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by wizzymate(m): 8:05pm On Apr 06, 2013
Two seasons of fantastic obscenities.
Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by Nobody: 8:09pm On Apr 06, 2013
Cossato: where can i download these season films
1channel.ch, movie2k, & tvlinks
Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by ogogo24(m): 8:19pm On Apr 06, 2013
Begin!

Spartacus rocks!
Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by kelvegaz: 8:24pm On Apr 06, 2013
Its been long I watched dis movie sha..buh I think I still remember my favorite line(batiatus to lucretias friend) "yhur part i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ this won't pass without fuckin gratitude" 4rm gODS OF THE ARENA..
Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by montelik(m): 8:28pm On Apr 06, 2013
What makes quality dialogue, not clever, not shocking, not witty, but quality dialogue. If it is inventive and at times unnecessary word play, laced with an in your face profanity unnecessarily placed in every other take away quote or one-liners with previously unseen use of multiple profanities or similar words. Spartacus has quality dialogue. But if quality dialogue is about more than that, Spartacus doesn't have quality dialogue. Spartacus dialogue is witty, clever, funny, in your face, shocking to some. But it also tries too hard, too often by twisting and torturing simply communicated lines with unnecessary adornments, seemingly so the writer can feel he did something clever. While it works, it also too easily and often comes of cheesy and corny. An end result of over indulgence and complication. It is "Obahiagbonish" too often and that diminishes it in my view. As we say "ova skill na im dey kill monkey for jungle", but it works and immediately catches your attention since you can't but notice it (they are practically clubbing you in the head with it). fans enjoy it but that doesn't make quality.
Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by codedguy1(m): 8:32pm On Apr 06, 2013
coded guy: Ok now I gast to see this game of thrones. But meeeehn spartscus was the bomb. I got captivated right from the beginning. The script and wordings are out of this world.

This "game of thrones" better be what peeps say it is cos I could not stand merlyn and legend of the seeker, they were childish to say the least.

Just started watching "game of thrones" and have seen quite a lot. This shit has got nothing, absolutely nothing on Spartacus. A good story line though.
Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by timecop28: 8:34pm On Apr 06, 2013
*sighs* Spoilers!
Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by BabyLi: 9:00pm On Apr 06, 2013
I have nt watched either of them bt saying a movie is better based on ratings is bullshit. There r so many uninteresting movies dat r ratf high. Until i watch den i can judge 4 myself.
Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by sucess001(m): 9:25pm On Apr 06, 2013
Spartacus literally gets u pissin on ur pants with its suspense, plot and word interchange...even its backgroud sounds during d fights were unbelievable...I almost peed wen spartacus was about to fight with Gannicus...

"I. Always knew he(Spartacus) would lead you to your deaths...would dis be d day he would do it?"

Or d andrenalin I felt wen spartacus and crixus were about to fight Theokales, the shadow of Death.

Or dis words from solonius to Batiatus...

"What if your man crixus was joined(to fight theokales) by Spartacus, whose death was fated in d arena buh refused to own it, costing me 4 men in his defiance"

A word of advise to anyone who hasn't seen both...dnt waste ur time...Spartacus aint in GOT's league just like d super eagles and super falcons aint in same league...u can watch spartacus a million times and not get tired.
Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by simeonval: 9:39pm On Apr 06, 2013
Spartacus has taken something from me
Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by 3kay945(m): 9:42pm On Apr 06, 2013
montelik: ^^ Licinia

thank you... I admire her so much
Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by timecop28: 9:55pm On Apr 06, 2013
sucess001: Spartacus literally gets u pissin on ur pants with its suspense, plot and word interchange...even its backgroud sounds during d fights were unbelievable...I almost peed wen spartacus was about to fight with Gannicus...

"I. Always knew he(Spartacus) would lead you to your deaths...would dis be d day he would do it?"

Or d andrenalin I felt wen spartacus and crixus were about to fight Theokales, the shadow of Death.

Or dis words from solonius to Batiatus...

"What if your man crixus was joined(to fight theokales) by Spartacus, whose death was fated in d arena buh refused to own it, costing me 4 men in his defiance"

A word of advise to anyone who hasn't seen both...dnt waste ur time...Spartacus aint in GOT's league just like d super eagles and super falcons aint in same league...u can watch spartacus a million times and not get tired.
Like you were right inside my head. I so love the way Gannicus acted that scene, i can watch it a milli. And the best fight in the series gotta be the battle against Theokales, 'The shadow of death'. UberEpic stuff!
Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by gsalvatore: 11:00pm On Apr 06, 2013
femi4: spartacus no reach season 4 now
This their new spartacus for season 3 no get action like Andy
na lie...Andy get action, but this new spartacus is the Best. He made peeps forget Andy in a jiffy.
Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by joseph1013: 11:08pm On Apr 06, 2013
Watching gods of the arena again. Lemme give you some of the lines...

Guard about Crixus: This man is barely worth 10 denarii why would you pay such a sum for a sh.it Gaul?

Batiatus: Sh.it? Do you not see the promise in his eyes? The spark smoldering in his breast? I would give it tender, to ignite in the arena!

Guard: A waste of coin! The sh.it f.$c.k will never be a gladiator.

Batiatus: Even the lowest man can rise beyond the heavens, if tempted with the proper reward...

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by Abongs(m): 11:19pm On Apr 06, 2013
yes i believe every1 has his own point of view.when i started watching spartacus it was so good nd interesting but later i lost interest.but when i heard of GOT i used 1day to watch it all.for its jus baselèss arguments.if u want to knw which is beta go nd check d fans reviews.GOT all d way
Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by Abongs(m): 11:24pm On Apr 06, 2013
A lovely quote 4rm GOT
CERCI to eddard stark
“When you play a game of thrones
you win or you die.”
Tyrion lannister to john snow
“And I have a tender spot in my
heart for cripples and bastards
and broken things.”
Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by gsalvatore: 11:24pm On Apr 06, 2013
sucess001: For those saying spartacus is low budget...dts lame...budget of a movie doesn't determine how interestin it is...

D dialogue in spartacus is unequled by any oder...EVER!

See plenty quotes and action flicks pple re churning out from spartacus...y can't d advocates of GOT do same?

After season 1 of spartacus...d world over knew bout it.Jooo was a song where Reminisense sang and mentioned spartacus..buh after 3 seasons of GOT...most pple don't even knw it exists. I heard bout GOT first on dis thread...

Me tinks its rude to compare spartacus to dis GOT. Sounds like comparing Yakubu to Messi.

Spartacus is classic.

Advocates of GOT, you press beyond position!

Enuf said.
Advocates of GOT got no lines to defend their claim. Those shouting in favour of GOT should Absent thought from Mind now or we shall break words.
Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by imperiouxx(m): 11:30pm On Apr 06, 2013
gsalvatore: na lie...Andy get action, but this new spartacus is the Best. He made peeps forget Andy in a jiffy.

Actually, Spartacus season 3 has fewer actions than season 1 & 2 and adult scenes have been cut down to minimum or not as elaborate as that of previous seasons. Season 3 Episode 9 reflects what they used to be in Season 1 - gladiators.
Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by Jomark(m): 11:43pm On Apr 06, 2013
Obi1kenobi: You've got to laugh at these Spartacus fans. They obviously know little about what makes a great series. Some even think it shows class and maturity to follow Spartacus. That's a laughable claim considering Spartacus is the most juvenile, easiest, cheapest thrill to follow if you don't wanna engage your intellect watching more stimulating series like Game of Thrones, Mad Men, Breaking Bad, Homeland etc. There is a reason why Spartacus, in 4 years of production, has never won a single Emmy or Golden Globe award in any category of recognition - be it for acting, casting, direction, production, cinematography, script writing, costuming etc. Not even ONE single big award.

Go to the site for Metacritic - a review site that aggregates critical reviews and ratings from the elite media houses like Time, New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, The Guardian, Telegraph etc - and see which respectable reviewers rate Spartacus highly. Go to IMDB's audience review site and see who rates Spartacus among the elite of tv series. Spartacus is a bottom feeder of a series. It's like watching WWE wrestling and comparing it to more credible, respected sports. Once again, if you think Spartacus is that amazing, why doesn't it get the respect and recognition of it's peers, reviewers and awarders in the industry?

Game of Thrones is a great series. Spartacus is just barely decent entertainment. They are not in the same class AT ALL.
you overquote yourselve. That isn't maturity either!

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by Jomark(m): 11:48pm On Apr 06, 2013
dypo: More quotes from GOT

“Summer will end soon enough, and childhood as well.”
"Every flight begins with a fall"
“I swear to you, sitting a throne is a thousand times harder than winning one.”
"So much for vows. Words are wind, and the wind escaping from his mouth is no different from the one escaping from his bottom"
"Fear cuts deeper than swords"
“A mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone, if it is to keep its edge.”
“In this world, only winter is certain”
“If I look back I am lost.”
with this kind of quotes, i am 100% right to have stopped wacthing GOT after episode 1
Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by Jomark(m): 11:51pm On Apr 06, 2013
Aphrodite4: How many of you here watched Game of Thrones or Spartacus LEGALLY??
legally? Are you on heroine?
Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by TheGeneral1(m): 12:03am On Apr 07, 2013
50calibre: Damn I love spartacus, it has this streak of brutality, sexuality, vulgarity, blood and gore added to it. I have downloaded game of thrones season 1 and 2 and would soon start watching it.

pls which website?
Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by imperiouxx(m): 2:52am On Apr 07, 2013
The General:

pls which website?

I don't know if you know about torrents, then I will suggest you get the all up to date series you ever wanted at kickass torrent or thepiratebay provided your internet is doing up to 13MB/sec or more. Also you will need a torrent downloader, I have been using vuze for the past 6 years.
Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by Nobody: 5:47am On Apr 07, 2013
ghostofsparta: @THOSE BASING THEIR ARGUMENT ON IMDB RATINGS:
Ofcourse any fantasy/magic film/series will sell more than other genre so far it can keep the minds of the unimaginative fired. But ask yourself what can an 18+ gain from fantasy/unreal magic, dragons, elves, scrolls, imps and dwarves. What does GoT or Merlin or Legend of the Seekers teaches us as black Africans? Nothing cos we needn't be reminded we got the real supernatural real magic here in this part of West Africa, (ofcourse I know it wasn't made for us), therefore I can never be amused by their usage of fiction as a medium to tell the world they too (whites/europeans) used to have a magical past, some whites would be shock to know the numbers of Nigerians yothw who believed Wiz Merlin and Arthur actually existed in England after watching Merlin. But in movies like Spartacus I among others learnt more about the Roman battle formations: auxiliary and phalanx tinz, those of you expressing indignation about their lasciviousness fail to realise that the series was trying to be realer than Rome in the sense that they wanted to depict every aspect of the then Romans i.e. from the orgies they were usually notorious for to their PAGANISM before they concoct fvcking Christianity. Also all you fvcking Christians should know the Romans defeated, conquered and enslaved the Jews in several wars, including their holy temples and city-Jerusalem which was destroyed by Titus, and Hadrian who burned their fvcking sacred scroll 'ceremoniously' and constructed a statue of himself and Jupiter in their fvcking temple, I wonder if their Jeovah couldn't help them, why would he help Nigerians? So note that it wasn't only Hitler who tried to annihilate these semitic vermins whose repackaged religions majority of Nigerians are crazily into while its unknowingly affecting them. "ke tu bo ma lo gbe egun elegun".

This is exactly the kinda Post u get from Chaps missing out on their Crack pills!

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by rule(m): 5:50am On Apr 07, 2013
I have seen both series, in my opinion game of throne is more interesting and captivating to watch.
Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by niteduff(m): 7:03am On Apr 07, 2013
Game of thrones is a political story of cunning and wits, just like a chess game. Maybe if you guys can actually sit down and read the book series then you will forget about Spartacus. In game of thrones, nothing is predictable, and when you miss your step or calculate wrongly, you get shorter by a head. It is a world created from the mind of a single author, a world not unlike the one we live in.. when the kings and the lords play the game of throne, the low born and commoners suffer. When the rich people play at politics, the poor people are the one suffering. Friends on Nairaland, I read novels, watch movies and play games alot, and I have seen both Spatarcus and Game of thrones, lets look past the blood, gore and sex in Spartacus, there is nothing to gain from it. Game of thrones of the songs of ice and fire series, goes beyond mere swordplay, sex or gore.. It captivates your mind, and keeps you guessing.

5 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by steco4real: 9:42am On Apr 07, 2013
I've spartacus. There is no movie like spartacus. I shared tears 4 Andy Whitfield, whome I was so connected 2 in d movie. 4get d nudity n raw violence in spartacus, wich actually depict d ancient Rome, look at d use of language in d movie n d boldness in every step. Spartacus is truly 4 mature minds. I've watched d 1st 2 seasons in GOT, quit interestin but also boring, i'll still try n watch 2 3rd season. Spartacus remains d best epic movie ever. Spartacus is a movie I dont get tired of watchin again n again.
Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by Ellylace(f): 10:48am On Apr 07, 2013
niteduff: Game of thrones is a political story of cunning and wits, just like a chess game. Maybe if you guys can actually sit down and read the book series then you will forget about Spartacus. In game of thrones, nothing is predictable, and when you miss your step or calculate wrongly, you get shorter by a head. It is a world created from the mind of a single author, a world not unlike the one we live in.. when the kings and the lords play the game of throne, the low born and commoners suffer. When the rich people play at politics, the poor people are the one suffering. Friends on Nairaland, I read novels, watch movies and play games alot, and I have seen both Spatarcus and Game of thrones, lets look past the blood, gore and sex in Spartacus, there is nothing to gain from it. Game of thrones of the songs of ice and fire series, goes beyond mere swordplay, sex or gore.. It captivates your mind, and keeps you guessing.
Amen Broda!! smiley
Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by niteduff(m): 10:55am On Apr 07, 2013
steco4real: I've spartacus. There is no movie like spartacus. I shared tears 4 Andy Whitfield, whome I was so connected 2 in d movie. 4get d nudity n raw violence in spartacus, wich actually depict d ancient Rome, look at d use of language in d movie n d boldness in every step. Spartacus is truly 4 mature minds. I've watched d 1st 2 seasons in GOT, quit interestin but also boring, i'll still try n watch 2 3rd season. Spartacus remains d best epic movie ever. Spartacus is a movie I dont get tired of watchin again n again.
If we forget about the 'd nudity n raw violence in spartacus'like you said, then we can as well forget about Spartacus altogether. How can you say GOT, as a series, be 'quit interestin but boring' at the same time?
Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by joseph1013: 11:50am On Apr 07, 2013
Tullius: Words of Gannicus' victory has spread throughout the city. His name - and yours - fall from every mouth.

Batiatus: May they always find the taste pleasing.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

BBNaina: Diane Gets Evicted From Big Brother Naija / 50+ Examples Of Cartoon Logic That Will Make You Facepalm / Bisola Gets A Letter From Single Mothers Association For Giving TTT MouthAction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.