Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,245 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:04 AM

Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus - TV/Movies (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus (54509 Views)

Quotes From Spartacus, Movies And Series... / Spartacus:vengeance Is Out (discussion) / Any Spartacus : Blood And Sand Fans? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by Korrection(m): 4:02pm On Apr 06, 2013
To what end?
Shollypopz: "I have never been nothing, I'm the blood of the dragon"
Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by 3kay945(m): 4:09pm On Apr 06, 2013
Shollypopz: Tyrion: Sometimes possession is an abstract concept. When they captured me, they took my purse, but the gold is still mine.

trash again..... even things fall apart has better quotes.
“Until the lions have their own historians, the
history of the hunt will always glorify the
hunter.”
When suffering knocks at your door and you
say there is no seat for him, he tells you not
to worry because he has brought his own
stool.- Chinua Achebe

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by Korrection(m): 4:11pm On Apr 06, 2013
Take your coins and collapse from sight.
dypo: More quotes from GOT

“Summer will end soon enough, and childhood as well.”
"Every flight begins with a fall"
“I swear to you, sitting a throne is a thousand times harder than winning one.”
"So much for vows. Words are wind, and the wind escaping from his mouth is no different from the one escaping from his bottom"
"Fear cuts deeper than swords"
“A mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone, if it is to keep its edge.”
“In this world, only winter is certain”
“If I look back I am lost.”
Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by SailorXY: 4:15pm On Apr 06, 2013
Dedicated to the lovers of Game of Thrones [joke of a title] from the f**kn Gauls/Gladiators @ the Ludus -
Chorus: "I put you down I give no sh*t,
I p.iss on your grave & its rolls down still
Even when the rain pours from an angry sky
My c.ock rages on, my c.ock rages on"
Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by montelik(m): 4:18pm On Apr 06, 2013
coogar:

spartacus has more quality dialogue than GOT!
even the most ardent fan of GOT would confess to that - the only good conversationalist on GOT that would walk into a spartacus set is the imp...besides, GOT's scripting and editing is flawed. too many characters too and it's often like a chaotic classroom when the teacher is not present!

the lines on spartacus are just too ill for the average mind - they literally recreated how english language should be spoken. "remove self from fücking sight" is as brilliant as anything shakespeare wrote. it's what it is - look beyond the nüdity and the gore and right before you is the most beautiful story ever told on television!

And the only decent conversationalist in Spartacus was Ashur who combined clever word play with great delivery and he wasn't over the top. All the others were needlessly over the top (particularly Batiatus and Crixus) .I don't care about nudity or blood and gore. I may not like some of it at times, but it is a film about slaves & gladiators e.t.c It has to have those things. The same way Cop dramas will have cops and criminals. For me if the overall show is good, I tune it out bits that I may not like. The dialogue though is so unnecessarily over the top it is almost parody. Considering that they telling a period piece and have gotten the correct locations, costumes e.t.c. Why did they chose to have a large portion of dialogue that is totally out of place with everything else and doesn't really gel with the rest of the work. It is an unnecessary distraction. It is so over the top that it seems to be for comic relief, but the over injection of profanity even removes some of its comedic value. It is much better now that they have toned it down. IMHO

Spartacus dialogue may be eyeear catching, but it is not quality. The rest is pretty good, but I will disagree on the dialogue. Regarding Game of Thrones, its dialogue isn't exactly great, but for me it is easily better than Spartacus for the simple fact that it meshes with the show and doesn't distract from it. I am not even that big a fan of the imp who some love.
Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by Nobody: 4:18pm On Apr 06, 2013
Ned: how did he get so fat?
Catelyn: he only stops eating when its time to drink grin

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by montelik(m): 4:23pm On Apr 06, 2013
SailorXY: Dedicated to the lovers of Game of Thrones [joke of a title] from the f**kn Gauls/Gladiators @ the Ludus -
Chorus: "I put you down I give no sh*t,
I p.iss on your grave & its rolls down still
Even when the rain pours from an angry sky
My c.ock rages on, my c.ock rages on"

Meaning what exactly undecided. I have heard better, much funnier and sensible stuff from stone cold drunkards.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by ijebabe: 4:25pm On Apr 06, 2013
You ppl should stop making me laugh. I'm on my knees grin
Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by coogar: 4:26pm On Apr 06, 2013
montelik:

And the only decent conversationalist in Spartacus was Ashur who combined clever word play with great delivery and he wasn't over the top. All the others were needlessly over the top (particularly Batiatus and Crixus) .I don't care about nudity or blood and gore. I may not like some of it at times, but it is a film about slaves & gladiators e.t.c It has to have those things. The same way Cop dramas will have cops and criminals. For me if the overall show is good, I tune it out bits that I may not like. The dialogue though is so unnecessarily over the top it is almost parody. Considering that they telling a period piece and have gotten the correct locations, costumes e.t.c. Why did they chose to have a large portion of dialogue that is totally out of place with everything else and doesn't really gel with the rest of the work. It is an unnecessary distraction. It is so over the top that it seems to be for comic relief, but the over injection of profanity even removes some of its comedic value. It is much better now that they have toned it down. IMHO

Spartacus dialogue may be eyeear catching, but it is not quality. The rest is pretty good, but I will disagree on the dialogue. Regarding Game of Thrones, its dialogue isn't exactly great, but for me it is easily better than Spartacus for the simple fact that it meshes with the show and doesn't distract from it. I am not even that big a fan of the imp who some love.

how's it a distraction?
the lines meshed well with the story unless you are imagining the show to be something else. i think some of you need to see the director's cut of spartacus to see the reasons why they did the things they fused into the show.

the imp = GOT, take him out of the show n you have nothing....
Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by chuckcy(m): 4:28pm On Apr 06, 2013
D beheadin of crixus in season 4. Faded d swtness of Spartacus ... Though his disobedient 2 Spartacus lead 2 his death

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by Korrection(m): 4:36pm On Apr 06, 2013
...Cricus..Cease your quarells..im for spartacus and the lay of his thoughts
Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by coogar: 4:37pm On Apr 06, 2013
montelik, conversations like this makes watching spartacus orgaśmic...

Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by Nobody: 4:42pm On Apr 06, 2013
^^ that's all u got? Puhlease!
Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by timecop28: 4:53pm On Apr 06, 2013
I like both, but it's Spartacus for me. GOT lost some cool points when magic was came into mix, the series started leaning towards a Merlin kinda stuff for me, plus the Khaleesi is hot and all but her dragons don't seem to excite me. GOT can be boring at times. The IMP however, awesome character. But but but seriously, you just have to love the language and tones in Spartacus. SPARTACUS it is!
Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by 3kay945(m): 4:54pm On Apr 06, 2013
can someone please remind me name of the lady killed by Glaber/Claudius Glaber' s wife. I love the way that lady speaks....always sweetie me.gringrin
Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by montelik(m): 5:10pm On Apr 06, 2013
^^ Licinia
Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by coogar: 5:15pm On Apr 06, 2013
Shollypopz: ^^ that's all u got? Puhlease!

shollypoppa, stop faking!
we both know you haven't seen any of the shows bein discussed here. this isn't "the village headmaster" or "superstory" series. go to your nearest store, buy the whole seasons of both shows then come back here to tell us your viewing experience.

bush woman!
Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by Nobody: 5:18pm On Apr 06, 2013
@coogar, word! When I first saw Spartacus(season II) the dialogue gave me that tingling feeling you have when you know you're gon get some this night! Fucckin glorious!
Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by Nobody: 5:20pm On Apr 06, 2013
coogar:

shollypoppa, stop faking!
we both know you haven't seen any of the shows bein discussed here. this isn't "the village headmaster" or "superstory" series. go to your nearest store, buy the whole seasons of both shows then come back here to tell us your viewing experience.

bush woman!

Hahahahqhahahaha......u caught me! I only watch Yoruba movies and TV shows such as Saworoide and co. We don't have a store where we can buy such here. Send me "western union" and I would travel to the nearest city to buy the seasons as you've said. How is your ewedu business BTW?
Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by coogar: 5:23pm On Apr 06, 2013
BoboYekini: @coogar, word! When I first saw Spartacus(season II) the dialogue gave me that tingling feeling you have when you know you're gon get some this night! Fucckin glorious!

it's a top TV show.
too bad season 3 is the last season of the show!

Shollypopz:
Hahahahqhahahaha......u caught me! I only watch Yoruba movies and TV shows such as Saworoide and co. We don't have a store where we can buy such here. Send me "western union" and I would travel to the nearest city to buy the seasons as you've said. How is your ewedu business BTW?

ask shymexx to buy them for you....
the last time we spoke, he said you are one of his many wives. ewedu business is in full operation. the cash flow has been impressive. cool
Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by Ben13: 5:23pm On Apr 06, 2013
ThiefOfHearts: Spartacus is garbage now. What's the point without Lucretia and Batiatus

abeg.
Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by Nobody: 5:28pm On Apr 06, 2013
Ben-10:
ThiefOfHearts: Spartacus is garbage now. What's the point without Lucretia and Batiatus

abeg.
I don't watch Spartacus so I don't know what u talkng about but as long as u trashing the show, I'm in full support. Game of Thrones is just too "WOW!"
There's no darn protagonist, anyone can freaking die, amazing writing!
Let all the Bush men getting swayed by lame sexx and gay men continue spewing trash.

Spartacus KO, Spartacus ni.
Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by olabode89(m): 5:38pm On Apr 06, 2013
Damn! Who dey Compare Kellog's Fruit n Fibre (Game of Thrones) with Nasco Corn flakes (Spartacus) wtf! Game of Thrones is way better jaare!
Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by SailorXY: 5:44pm On Apr 06, 2013
montelik:

Meaning what exactly undecided. I have heard better, much funnier and sensible stuff from stone cold drunkards.
Why not feel us up on the "better, much funnier and sensible stuff" from the "Thrones", let us all revel in your presence

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by Nobody: 5:51pm On Apr 06, 2013
Lysa: you don't fight with honor!
Bronn: he did.....grin cheesy
Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by SailorXY: 5:51pm On Apr 06, 2013
50calibre:

Lucretia to crixus - I would not look at you, the sight turns stomach. Enter me from behind and do not stop till you've spilled seed.

Batiatus. - you would litter the sands with the blood and bones of all who present challenge
Hahahahahahahaha
Batiatus: the primus' finally mine & the gods jam co.ck in a.s.s
Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by SailorXY: 5:58pm On Apr 06, 2013
chuckcy: D beheadin of crixus in season 4. Faded d swtness of Spartacus ... Though his disobedient 2 Spartacus lead 2 his death
Well, historically Crixus fell. Afterwards, Spartacus forced his captives from the Roman army to fight themselves to the death as gladiators would in the arena to honour Crixus. But Neavia was "let to live", so I have a feeling she will take the pound of flesh for Crixus.
My 2 cents
Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by Nobody: 6:01pm On Apr 06, 2013
Lord Baelish: Knowledge is power

Cersei Lannister:: Guards! Seize him! Cut his throat. Stop! Wait, I've changed my mind. Step back three paces. Turn around. Close your eyes.

*walks up to Baelish* Power is Power!
Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by nitlad: 6:08pm On Apr 06, 2013
All you cünts speaking as though you have gained freedom, while you yet stand fücking slaves. Is my cöck not stuffed far enough up your fücking mouths? One more word from any of you, and I shall ensure you end up wıth the savagely pirates absent coins!
Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by imperiouxx(m): 6:36pm On Apr 06, 2013
SailorXY:
Well, historically Crixus fell. Afterwards, Spartacus forced his captives from the Roman army to fight themselves to the death as gladiators would in the arena to honour Crixus. But Neavia was "let to live", so I have a feeling she will take the pound of flesh for Crixus.
My 2 cents

S3E9: Naevia finally engaged Tiberius in a death match but refused ending his life. At the long run, Kore the abused slave stabbed him to death while he was about being exchanged for 500 slaves captured by the Romans.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by SailorXY: 7:03pm On Apr 06, 2013
imperiouxx:

S3E9: Naevia finally engaged Tiberius in a death match but refused ending his life. At the long run, Kore the abused slave stabbed him to death while he was about being exchanged for 500 slaves captured by the Romans.
Wow... Interesting. I have actually not seen this 'war of the damned' although I read through reviews. I hope to catch up soon. Thanks
Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by imperiouxx(m): 7:14pm On Apr 06, 2013
SailorXY:
Wow... Interesting. I have actually not seen this 'war of the damned' although I read through reviews. I hope to catch up soon. Thanks

Ok, episode 9 was uploaded online 13 hours ago and the only episode that reminds me of the gladiator they used to be in previous season. They made the captured Romans including Tiberius fight like they were in the arena......lol

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

BBNaija: Shouting Match Over Sanitary Pad In Kitchen / Bisola Gets A Letter From Single Mothers Association For Giving TTT MouthAction / 50+ Examples Of Cartoon Logic That Will Make You Facepalm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.