Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,656 members, 7,809,480 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:20 AM

Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus - TV/Movies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus (54504 Views)

Quotes From Spartacus, Movies And Series... / Spartacus:vengeance Is Out (discussion) / Any Spartacus : Blood And Sand Fans? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by Nobody: 10:50pm On Apr 05, 2013
GoT ALL THE WAY...IT IS KNOWN!
Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by Ibime(m): 10:52pm On Apr 05, 2013
Spartacus is better than GOT but don't forget Breaking Bad is vying with both of them.
Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by coogar: 10:56pm On Apr 05, 2013
Ibime: Spartacus is better than GOT but don't forget Breaking Bad is vying with both of them.

ibime, remove self from fücking sight or i shall have you parted from your cöck and crucified!

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by PurpleHouse(m): 10:58pm On Apr 05, 2013
Spartacus has got an old version..... You'll get to appreciate it even better when you watch the old school version....... It's a Classic!
Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by PurpleHouse(m): 11:03pm On Apr 05, 2013
Spartacus is a 1960 American epic historical
drama film directed by Stanley Kubrick and
based on the novel of the same name by
Howard Fast. The life story of the historical
figure Spartacus and the events of the Third
Servile War were adapted by Dalton Trumbo
as a screenplay.
The film stars Kirk Douglas as rebellious
slave Spartacus and Laurence Olivier as his
foe, the Roman general and politician
Marcus Licinius Crassus. Co-starring are
Peter Ustinov (who won an Academy Award
for Best Supporting Actor for his role as
slave trader Lentulus Batiatus), John Gavin
(as Julius Caesar), Jean Simmons, and Charles
Laughton. The film won four Oscars in all.
Anthony Mann, the film's original director,
was replaced by Douglas with Kubrick after
the first week of shooting.[1]
Screenwriter Dalton Trumbo was blacklisted
at the time as one of the Hollywood Ten. Kirk
Douglas publicly announced that Trumbo
was the screenwriter of Spartacus, and
President John F. Kennedy crossed picket
lines to see the movie, helping to end
blacklisting.[2][3]
The film became the biggest moneymaker in
Universal Studios' history, an honor it held
for a decade until it was surpassed by Airport (1970)....

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spartacus_(film)

Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by Nobody: 11:04pm On Apr 05, 2013
coogar:

ibime, remove self from fücking sight or i shall have you parted from your cöck and crucified!

HOLY JUPITER'S CO*CK!!!
Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by Jomark(m): 11:05pm On Apr 05, 2013
njazra: SPARTACUS - I remember him saying- "There is but one path. We must kill them all." grin

Doctore- What is beneath your feet
Sacred ground Doctore. Watered with tears of blood.
Doctore- Your tears. Your blood. Your pathetic lives forged into something of worth.

I love Spartacus.
betitus: i am your dominus. I will Bleep your fucking ass. Domina: jupiter's cock lol
Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by Nobody: 11:10pm On Apr 05, 2013
Though I will love to be" as rich as a Lannister".....for now,I rather "kill them all".
Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by helpsystem: 11:26pm On Apr 05, 2013
I ave watch both to d̶̲̥̅̊ recent episodes. And i must confess. Spartacus is d̶̲̥̅̊ better 1 btw both. GOT is a story also its just dat its a fiction written as a novel first. Spartacus depict a real Roma empire and its well acted in every part though game of throne is not bad. But there я̅ moment U̶̲̥̅̊. Dnt feel excited watchin it compare to spartacus

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by MiloRambaldi(m): 11:27pm On Apr 05, 2013
GOT has a much deeper story. And the gore in Spartacus is a turn off sometimes. But then Spartacus is largely a true story while GOT is fiction to the core.

Anyway GOT wins.
Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by 50calibre(m): 11:28pm On Apr 05, 2013
njazra:

Gannicus- "The blood rains down From an angry sky...My cock rages on ...My cock rages on... grin grin grin

Haha that crazy song gannicus sings.

Gannicus : Barca! When you are done with your man's co*k, il have proper contest.

Actus : The gods bless barca with another tiny man to fu*k.
Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by 50calibre(m): 11:31pm On Apr 05, 2013
engineerd: GoT ALL THE WAY...IT IS KNOWN!

Words drop from your mouth like sh*t from a*sss

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by Ibime(m): 11:32pm On Apr 05, 2013
Problem with GOT is too many characters. You don't get into their story.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by Odunharry(m): 11:37pm On Apr 05, 2013
ITbomb: Fvrk the Gods , why is this on the Frontpage.
luk who start am
Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by MiloRambaldi(m): 11:38pm On Apr 05, 2013
Ibime: Problem with GOT is too many characters. You don't get into their story.

Story is as clear as day. Start from Season 1. And subtitles may help.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by cowgurl: 11:39pm On Apr 05, 2013
GOT ain't a boring watch but Spartacus has my vote.
Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by ijebabe: 11:43pm On Apr 05, 2013
coogar:

you must have seen the greek version of spartacus....
dialogue? acting? production? there's no show on the planet with more memorable quotes than spartacus....only oz would come near and that's because it's got more episodes!
Bla bla snore. Spartacus has quotes but not more memorable than GOT.
You are blown away by the graphics used in the fight scenes which, by the way, are not great..It's rather insulting to compare.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by dljbd1(m): 11:49pm On Apr 05, 2013
Venus' c¥^t!
this Frontpage?
Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by coogar: 11:53pm On Apr 05, 2013
Ibime: Problem with GOT is too many characters. You don't get into their story.

very confusing script - they are so all over the place with the directing and the editing. the sequence of scenes is also nothing to write home about. season 1 was very good but season 2 was a waste of time!

ijebabe:
Bla bla snore. Spartacus has quotes but not more memorable than GOT.
You are blown away by the graphics used in the fight scenes which, by the way, are not great..It's rather insulting to compare.

ijebabe, you wouldn't know what a memorable quote is so i wouldn't even argue with you. GOT is for the squeamish folks, spartacus is for the strong-hearted!
Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by Nobody: 11:53pm On Apr 05, 2013
coogar:

what's wrong with you people and your reluctance to take corrections? vengeance is season 2 - they did it to keep the fans going when andy died......without andy's death, there wouldn't have been a mini-series called gods of the arena!
Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by Ibime(m): 11:55pm On Apr 05, 2013
MiloRambaldi:

Story is as clear as day. Start from Season 1. And subtitles may help.

I've been watching GOT since the day it aired. Great epic but you don't relate with the characters cos they are too many and don't get enough airtime.

Gimme Spartacus anyday. You lock on to the characters and follow them through. Spartacus is so brilliant that even with low production budget, jobbing Australian unknown actors and fake CGI, it became a cult classic. You cheer for the characters from day one. Forget Tyrian Lannister, give me Gannicus, Krixus and Doctore any day.

But if you like series, you need to check out Breaking Bad. There is a reason it beat Spartacus, GOT and Boardwalk Empire to be named best series of 2012.

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by cowgurl: 11:58pm On Apr 05, 2013
and even if I were to choose between 300 [which was not even a series] and GOT, I'l pick the former..this comparism is so wrong
Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by SailorXY: 11:59pm On Apr 05, 2013
Batiatus: "what?! The gods haven't pi.ss.ed on me enough for one day? But Noo let add p.iss to sh!It, let's pour it in his his mouth..."

Batiatus: "Legatus f**kn Glaber beckons me to the city only to spawn like a thin wasted who.re! Once again the gods spreads the cheeks & rams co.c.k in f**kn a.s.s"

Gannicus: "come! The task shouldn't be that difficult, I only need to direct my blade to the smell of sh!-t"

These got me cracking!!!

Spartacus: "I will not see the passing of a brother for the purpose of sport... I will not see another heart ripped from chest or breath forfeit for no cause... Your lives are your own, forge your own path, or join with us... & together, we shall see Rome trembleeeee"

This is classic

4 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by coogar: 12:09am On Apr 06, 2013
cowgurl: and even if I were to choose between 300 [which was not even a series] and GOT, I'l pick the former..this comparism is so wrong

cowwoman, you watch spartacus too?
#sprinkles holy water on her face#
Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by MiloRambaldi(m): 12:11am On Apr 06, 2013
Ibime:

I've been watching GOT since the day it aired. Great epic but you don't relate with the characters cos they are too many and don't get enough airtime.

Gimme Spartacus anyday. You lock on to the characters and follow them through. Spartacus is so brilliant that even with low production budget, jobbing Australian unknown actors and fake CGI, it became a cult classic. You cheer for the characters from day one. Forget Tyrian Lannister, give me Gannicus, Krixus and Doctore any day.

But if you like series, you need to check out Breaking Bad. There is a reason it beat Spartacus, GOT and Boardwalk Empire to be named best series of 2012.

I'll check out Breaking Bad - heard much about it. Still prefer GOT to Spartacus. Spartacus is more fast paced, but the blood-splattering gore of some the fight scenes seems a bit senseless at times. Sometimes I think it's violent just for the fun of it. Still want to see how/if Spartacus outwits Crassus - history says Spartacus failed, sadly.

GOT has got so many stories coming together, many powerful entities vying for the Iron throne- it's fun to see it all unfold.
Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by 50calibre(m): 12:13am On Apr 06, 2013
SailorXY: Batiatus: "what?! The gods haven't pi.ss.ed on me enough for one day? But Noo let add p.iss to sh!It, let's pour it in his his mouth..."

Batiatus: "Legatus f**kn Glaber beckons me to the city only to spawn like a thin wasted who.re! Once again the gods spreads the cheeks & rams co.c.k in f**kn a.s.s"

Gannicus: "come! The task shouldn't be that difficult, I only need to direct my blade to the smell of sh!-t"

These got me cracking!!!

Spartacus: "I will not see the passing of a brother for the purpose of sport... I will not see another heart ripped from chest or breath forfeit for no cause... Your lives are your own, forge your own path, or join with us... & together, we shall see Rome trembleeeee"

This is classic

Lucretia to crixus - I would not look at you, the sight turns stomach. Enter me from behind and do not stop till you've spilled seed.

Batiatus. - you would litter the sands with the blood and bones of all who present challenge
Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by modolak: 12:13am On Apr 06, 2013
OMG! Game of Thrones season2 episode2 one of my favorite series, this is classic
Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by cowgurl: 12:23am On Apr 06, 2013
coogar: cowwoman, you watch spartacus too?
#sprinkles holy water on her face#
LOL...yeah right, noh gonna work so back to sender.
Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by SailorXY: 12:30am On Apr 06, 2013
50calibre:

Lucretia to crixus - I would not look at you, the sight turns stomach. Enter me from behind and do not stop till you've spilled seed.

Batiatus. - you would litter the sands with the blood and bones of all who present challenge
Barca:"You interrupt my co.ck with empty hands??" to Ashur
Duro: "Castus & the other Gauls refuse to grab co.ck without Crixus holding their ba.lls" to Spartacus
hahahahahahaha

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by coogar: 12:31am On Apr 06, 2013
SailorXY: Batiatus: "what?! The gods haven't pi.ss.ed on me enough for one day? But Noo let add p.iss to sh!It, let's pour it in his his mouth..."

These got me cracking!!!

This is classic

Batiatus: Come, lets us put the past in the past, the games await you

Spartacus: I have but one condition

Batiatus: Condition? You kiss my cheek only to finger my asś. Speak! Or I will take out your fücking tongue.

cowgurl: LOL...yeah right, noh gonna work so back to sender.

it has worked already - by this time tomorrow, you would be aspiring to become a deaconess!

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by Braveht: 12:45am On Apr 06, 2013
Game of Throne all the way.
Re: Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus by cowgurl: 12:48am On Apr 06, 2013
coogar: it has worked already - by this time tomorrow, you would be aspiring to become a deaconess!
aspiring to be what I already am? You need the holy water sprinkling more coogar

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

BBNaija: Shouting Match Over Sanitary Pad In Kitchen / Bisola Gets A Letter From Single Mothers Association For Giving TTT MouthAction / 50+ Examples Of Cartoon Logic That Will Make You Facepalm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.