Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,452 members, 7,819,664 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:12 PM

Credit-Card Fraud: 32 People With Nigerians Arrested - Crime (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Credit-Card Fraud: 32 People With Nigerians Arrested (61075 Views)

2 Nigerians Arrested Over Ice Imported In Fridges And Jackie Chan-branded DVDs / Two Isis-bound Nigerians Arrested In India / 25 Nigerians Arrested In Spain For ‘Sex Trafficking’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Credit-Card Fraud: 32 People With Nigerians Arrested by Rick9(m): 10:06pm On Apr 05, 2013
[size=48pt]NIGERIANS[/size]

1 Like

Re: Credit-Card Fraud: 32 People With Nigerians Arrested by Nobody: 10:06pm On Apr 05, 2013
lafflaff123:

You are actually wrong.

One of those arrested is from Edo State and I happen to know him or should I say his mother very well and I am friends to all of his uncles, who mostly reside in Europe.

First Baptist Church, Ring Road Benin city will be in shock now after this publication as you need to understand the family this stupid boy comes from, a very religious family and as a youngster he use to play piano and other stuff in the church and he still carried that same Christian faith with him to the United States when the mom came and got him and his brother.

I just want to believe there is a mistake somewhere, I swear.

What happened to the young born again boy I use to know? America oh America.

This should not be forum for ethnic bashing, as these are young Nigerian's who are in real trouble. You can get a criminal record anywhere in the world and it stays there, but once you get one in the United States it follows you everywhere, especially if you are a US Citizen.

And the US DHS Laws, states that any FELONY crime committed by a GREEN CARD holder above $10,000 is automatic withdrawal of their GREEN CARD and instant deportation after they serve their time in jail. These would mean any of this guys not a US Citizen will be in Nigeria soon.

They crossed New Jersey Stateline so this makes it a FEDERAL FELONY and going to jail is the least of this guy's problems, because those not yet a PALI HOLDER will see themselves by Ikeja Airforce base soon.

Mennnn. This idiot boy don kill him mama. See shame? exactly why their father insisted he did not want his kids to be taken to the US.

Damn.

This should also act as a warning, not just to this kids but others that crime does not really pay(except of course politics in Nigeria)and I will pretend I did not read this article, so not calling the mom, or how does a mom who labored day and night to bring up this kids herself explain to everybody where she went wrong? and I know his dads family will have started the blame game.

Please and please to WE Nigerian's living in the DIASPORA let us stop bringing shame not just to our country, but also to our family.

You seem to know what you are talking about and understand how the American system works. Being an Ex-Convict in America na wahala oooh, especially if you na Darky with roots from Naija...

With the love for extreme materialism we see in the world today; this should come as no surprise. All that glitters is not God.

Perhaps the young man left God and God left him. We are all imperfect beings. We need to constantly be in touch with our inner being to stay on the right path.
Re: Credit-Card Fraud: 32 People With Nigerians Arrested by brosdoncome(m): 10:08pm On Apr 05, 2013
sheedy407: I neva see EDO STATE name steal bfor or fraud.we are just the best in Nigeria

Orwells Oyakhire no b Edo abi?

2 Likes

Re: Credit-Card Fraud: 32 People With Nigerians Arrested by tonididdy(m): 10:08pm On Apr 05, 2013
venorite: Credit card fraudsters purchased fake identities for computer hackers, Hudson County prosecutor says

Some 32 people, including a Hudson County jail nurse, have been arrested in a multimillion, multi-state identity theft and credit card fraud ring.

The Hudson County Prosecutor's Office first got involved in the investigation in the early fall of 2012, when they received numerous complaints from victims as far away as California claiming that credit cards in their name made fraudulent retail purchases in Hudson County, officials said today.

Using store video and physical surveillance, the detectives were able to identify several suspects, authorities state. Detectives then linked those suspects to hundreds of other accounts and millions of dollars in phony transactions.

The leaders of the group, authorities say, purchased the identities of unsuspecting victims from online brokers, who got the information from computer hackers across the United States.

In a process known as "punching," electronic account information from the cards' magnetic strips would be transferred onto counterfeit cards, which were provided to "strikers" who conducted the purchases at retailers all over the Eastern Seaboard, authorities say.

Teams of strikers purchased retail gift cards that were then used to purchase various electronic items, authorities say. Those items were then sold in bulk to fences in New York and New Jersey, authorities say. The fence would then sell the items to other people for cash payments.

The investigation has identified nearly 1,000 victims across the country and millions of dollars in phony transactions, authorities say.

Authorities say the suspects spent the proceeds on luxury cars, high-end jewelry and other lavish expenses. Some of the money was additionally sent to accounts in Nigeria, authorities say.

Acting Hudson County Prosecutor Guy Gregory commended a long list of agencies that were involved in the take down, saying, "The operation could not have succeeded without their assistance."

Defendants charged with money laundering, theft by deception, wrongful impersonation and conspiracy include: Bolaji Ola, 30, of Sayreville; Olamide Otti, 27, of Queens; Akintunde Adeyemi, 28, of East Orange; David Brown, 27, of Parlin; Adegbola Adedeji, 31, of Parlin; Oluwaseun Jato, 23, of Hillside; Oluwasola Diji, 31, of Westbury, NY; Oladapo Araromi, 26, of Elizabeth; and Bertrand Ahaneku, 25, of South Orange.

Those charged with theft by deception, wrongful impersonation, and conspiracy include: Oluwaseun Adekoya, 25, of Sewaren; Henry Abdul, 25, of Union; Babatunde Oyefeso, 27, Union; Michael Assih, 24, of East Orange; John Orubo, 32, of Brooklyn; Idris Soyemi, 25, of Brooklyn; Imrahim Akaba, 23, of Piscataway; Vladimir Francois, 27, of Newark; Yves Desir, 29, of Irvington; Aglaide Alzuphar, 23, of Newark; Kossi Klutse, 25, of Newark; Evon Morris, 23, of East Orange; Fontessa Foreman, 27, of Newark; Olutoye Babatunde, 22, of Plainfield; Olukayode Adeosun, 30, of Newark; Gologo Benshaw, 25, of Newark; Olushola Ayeni, 31, of Brooklyn; Orwells Oyakhire, 24, of Maplewood.

Oladayo Araromi, 26, of Linden and Olujimi Williams, 24 of Hillside were charged with conspiracy. Matthew Sabo, 29, of Sayreville and Vijay Shah, 24, of Springfield, are charged with fencing, conspiracy, and receiving stolen property.

Oladayo Araromi, a nurse at Hudson County jail making $79,298, has been suspended without pay, Hudson County spokesman Jim Kennelly said today.

Of the 32 arrested, 24 appeared in Central Judicial Processing court this afternoon. Bail was set for those who appeared by Hudson County Superior Court Judge Joseph Isabella prior to their court appearance.

More arrests are expected, said Hudson County Assistant Prosecutor Gene Rubino.

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/2013/04/31_arrested_in_multi-million_d.html

Nigerians o, choi! 32 people, including 22 Nigerians have been arrested in a multimillion, multi-state identity theft and credit card fraud ring. See the report from www.nj.com below...
The Hudson County Prosecutor's Office first got involved in the investigation in the early fall of 2012, when they received numerous complaints from victims as far away as California claiming that credit cards in their name made fraudulent retail purchases in Hudson County, officials said yesterday.
Using store video and physical surveillance, the detectives were able to identify several suspects, authorities state. Detectives then linked those suspects to hundreds of other accounts and millions of dollars in phony transactions.
so?
Re: Credit-Card Fraud: 32 People With Nigerians Arrested by Nobody: 10:13pm On Apr 05, 2013
Billyonaire: You guys should cool it men, Americans wont understand tribe oh. Right now, I am sure the radar is on all Nigerians in USA. Its best to ask them to come home, instead of messing our remaining battered image out there.

Dude, You sound too worried, is there something your are not telling us grin ?

Dem dey spoil your show billyonaire cheesy ?
Re: Credit-Card Fraud: 32 People With Nigerians Arrested by claremont(m): 10:16pm On Apr 05, 2013
sheedy407: I neva see EDO STATE name steal bfor or fraud.we are just the best in Nigeria
Exactly! grin

We are hard-working people who refuse to cut corners or indulge in dodgy deals, we are proud of the little we earn from our legitimate work. We also do not have the time or the energy to get involved in tribal bashing and/or 'my father is stronger than yours' debates.
Re: Credit-Card Fraud: 32 People With Nigerians Arrested by lafflaff123(m): 10:17pm On Apr 05, 2013
@Airforce1 please grow up.

Its difficult to comment on NL this days without kids like you acting out their childish age.

Please grow up and stop your childish prattle.
Re: Credit-Card Fraud: 32 People With Nigerians Arrested by RealMccoy2(m): 10:26pm On Apr 05, 2013
Billyonaire: You guys should cool it men, Americans wont understand tribe oh. Right now, I am sure the radar is on all Nigerians in USA. best to ask them to come home, instead of messing our remaining battered image out there.
Most of these guys caught in the act, did it out of family and peer pressure from back home. Nigerians in the US are well read, its just few minorities that are into fast lane. When it comes to education, we are highly respected . Although, been a Nigerian in the USA, you have a lot of obstacles to overcome at your work place even in graduate school.

1 Like

Re: Credit-Card Fraud: 32 People With Nigerians Arrested by Nobody: 10:27pm On Apr 05, 2013
Billyonaire:
Do you prefer if I join you in insulting the Yorubas ? Hell to the no brov, I am feeling sad that ododuwa boys have once again messed up Nigeria's image.

You are right. All these tribal bashing should stop cool. I thought you had top intelligence secret that should be relayed.

Anyways, there is a problem amongst Nigerians. Code of silence. More of this will happen until we start calling a spade a spade and not hide under the guise of living beyond our means to impress others back home.

This is also a note to the Diaspora's who come on here to rubbish those at home. Besides, it is the Diaspora's who are more into this continuous tribal bashing.

PanNigerian 4 Life cool

1 Like

Re: Credit-Card Fraud: 32 People With Nigerians Arrested by Nobody: 10:28pm On Apr 05, 2013
Real-Mccoy:

Most of these guys caught in the act, did it out of family and peer pressure from back home. Nigerians in the US are well read, its just few minorities that are into fast lane. When it comes to education, we are highly respected . Although, been a Nigerian in the USA, you have a lot of obstacles to overcome at your work place even in graduate school.

I wish they can come home! Why run around with credit cards when Nigeria is a goldmine, they want too much easy life. Life is not meant to be easy.

1 Like

Re: Credit-Card Fraud: 32 People With Nigerians Arrested by iyobs7(f): 10:28pm On Apr 05, 2013
lafflaff123:

You are actually wrong.

One of those arrested is from Edo State and I happen to know him or should I say his mother very well and I am friends to all of his uncles, who mostly reside in Europe.

First Baptist Church, Ring Road Benin city will be in shock now after this publication as you need to understand the family this stupid boy comes from, a very religious family and as a youngster he use to play piano and other stuff in the church and he still carried that same Christian faith with him to the United States when the mom came and got him and his brother.

I just want to believe there is a mistake somewhere, I swear.

What happened to the young born again boy I use to know? America oh America.

This should not be forum for ethnic bashing, as these are young Nigerian's who are in real trouble. You can get a criminal record anywhere in the world and it stays there, but once you get one in the United States it follows you everywhere, especially if you are a US Citizen.

And the US DHS Laws, states that any FELONY crime committed by a GREEN CARD holder above $10,000 is automatic withdrawal of their GREEN CARD and instant deportation after they serve their time in jail. These would mean any of this guys not a US Citizen will be in Nigeria soon.

They crossed New Jersey Stateline so this makes it a FEDERAL FELONY and going to jail is the least of this guy's problems, because those not yet a PALI HOLDER will see themselves by Ikeja Airforce base soon.

Mennnn. This idiot boy don kill him mama. See shame? exactly why their father insisted he did not want his kids to be taken to the US.

Damn.

This should also act as a warning, not just to this kids but others that crime does not really pay(except of course politics in Nigeria)and I will pretend I did not read this article, so not calling the mom, or how does a mom who labored day and night to bring up this kids herself explain to everybody where she went wrong? and I know his dads family will have started the blame game.

Please and please to WE Nigerian's living in the DIASPORA let us stop bringing shame not just to our country, but also to our family.

Mr man keep quiet and stop spilling out rubbish, did u build First Baptist Church in ringroad Benin city? You just come here to say what you don't know
Re: Credit-Card Fraud: 32 People With Nigerians Arrested by abdulkayus(m): 10:29pm On Apr 05, 2013
C dem, rattlin up and down and abusin tribes. USA dont wan to knw weather dey are Yoruba or iGbo or anytin. All wat dey knw is dat dey are Nigerians. D bad image is on us all. Even d middlebelters and d north dat are nt known for international crimes are all in dis shit 2geda cos we are call Nigerians.
Frm wat i observe, d Yorubas too shld stop makin mockery of d Igbo wen dey are caught of crimes. It doesnt do us any good. Many igbos are takin dis as a pay bac to d Yorubas nt knowin we are all dis bad image 2geda.

To me, anyone dat abuse a tribe or derive joy in an ethnic group commitin crime is sick intellectualy.
CIAO

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (26) (Reply)

Man Films Armed Robbery Attack Along Benin/Ore Expressway (Photo) / I Did Not Kill My Husband'' - Chuks Okebata's Wife Finally Speaks / Uncle Kills Seven-year-old Twins For Rituals In Delta, Flees (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.